Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Darts

Read 65735 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Re: Darts
      Reply #115: Jan 03, 2011 11:24:35 pm
      Quality final that. Chuffed Aidy won, like him as a person but Anderson's scoring throughout the tournament wanted me to want him to win. But then again, 9 darter was exceptional.

Even when Taylor isn't in the final, a lad from Stoke still wins it. :laugh: Loved Lewis last night talking about how Prince Harry gave him a hug. That's how big darts has got, mainly down to Taylor to be honest.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #116: Feb 10, 2011 10:38:12 pm
      Anybody watch the premier league tonight? Some great darts on show! Especially Adrian Lewis! Absolutely annilhated Phil Taylor 8-2
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #117: Jun 02, 2011 08:33:58 pm
      Anybody watching the world match play tonight,Great competition, loads of Irish in it this year.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #118: Jul 27, 2012 04:04:39 pm
      Great match between Jenkins an Lewis here. Looks as if it's getting a bit heated as well.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #119: Nov 11, 2012 07:42:51 pm
      Where are you dls?  Who's the fella just come on dressed as Dracula?  Boss entrance!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #120: Nov 14, 2012 03:07:02 pm
      Where are you dls?  Who's the fella just come on dressed as Dracula?  Boss entrance!

Ted Hankey...."The Count"
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #121: Nov 19, 2012 05:15:37 pm

I'm here ;) And yeah, Ted Hankey is the one dressed as Dracula with his Chris Lee shirt.

Really enjoyed the Grand Slam, always do enjoy seeing the BDO's players coming up against the PDC. Can't wait for Scott Waites to move over (if he ever does) as he's got real quality. And I would love to see Tony O'Shea move over to the PDC as well.

Must admit I thought Van Gerwen was gonna win the tournament after his display against Waites but well done Barney. Hopefully he's finally returning to his best and can put a challenge in for the World's. If we could get a tournament of Taylor, Wade, Lewis, Van Gerwen, Barney and Anderson all playing somewhere near their best, then we'd have a great tournament.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #122: Dec 15, 2012 02:45:50 pm
      Richie Burnett getting a right going over from the fans here against James Hubbard.

The Welshman is certainly not happy, understandably as well.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #123: Dec 21, 2012 10:35:09 pm
      One of the best darts games I've seen - Thornton beating Nicholas in sudden death!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #124: Dec 31, 2012 06:40:02 pm
      Taylor is a dick, I have no time for him! Hope Van Gerwen smashes him tomorrow!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #125: Jan 01, 2013 08:34:38 am
      Just looked like Barney wouldn't let go of Taylor's hand then pushed Taylor in the back to which Taylor said "don't F***ing push me" then later "you heard". Looked liked hand-bags and Taylor backed off when Barney went to square up to him a bit, was funny but yeah pathetic at the same time and someone like Taylor with all his success and the position that brings should of known and acted much better.

Should be a great game tonight though.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #126: Jan 01, 2013 09:55:13 am
      Hope Magic Mike stuffs him - never liked Taylor.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #127: Jan 01, 2013 01:00:37 pm
      Just looked like Barney wouldn't let go of Taylor's hand then pushed Taylor in the back to which Taylor said "don't F***ing push me" then later "you heard". Looked liked hand-bags and Taylor backed off when Barney went to square up to him a bit, was funny but yeah pathetic at the same time and someone like Taylor with all his success and the position that brings should of known and acted much better.

Should be a great game tonight though.

The whole match before their little spat he was an arrogant tw*t. I'd hate to see his reaction if Barney beat him!

Looking forward to the game tonight though all the same.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #128: Jan 01, 2013 08:39:08 pm
      Great start so far, MVG one up.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #129: Jan 01, 2013 11:02:13 pm
      Taylor showing once again why he is the 'Power' in darts.

A well deserved victory for Phil and Magic Mike almost caused an upset.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #130: Jan 02, 2013 01:26:17 am
      Great game and it actually looked like Taylor got under Van Gerwen's skin a bit when he pulled it back from 4-2 down.

I used to despise Taylor for his arrogance, then I thought when you're as good as he is and won as much as he has you actually have some right to be arrogant and over the last three or four years I think he's really calmed down a lot. (since losing to Barney in the final a few years back mainly) Used to be worse because nobody could touch him.

The ding-dong with Barney in the semi's was a poor showing by everybody but I actually loved it. I love seeing the scraps, best one was Manley and Lewis where Aidy through a wobbly and went off stage and One Dart just stood there saying he'd done nothing when he clearly had. F***ing boss.

Taylor though was very humbling in his victory speech so like I said, I think he really has calmed down a lot from the way he used to be. And I'm actually quite happy he won just for the way everyone (Wayne F***ing Mardle in particular) was bigging up Van Gerwen for the past five or six months. I like Van Gerwen and think he's a good player and very modest in himself. But as soon as everyone starts bigging anybody up to actually be better than what they are, I can't wait for them lose - probably the reason I hate people like Bale (footy), Shaun Murphy (snooker) and Steven Finn (cricket).

And by that I mean calling Van Gerwen the best player in the world when he isn't. As long as Phil Taylor is a professional dartsmen, he's the best in the world. Simple as that for me.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #131: Jan 02, 2013 08:23:52 am
      Fantastic final once again.

Taylors mental strength and will to succeed should be admired.

He was being outplayed, he knew it and just kept hanging in there, when the chance came he took it.

Van Gerwen is a great character and is the future of darts and will no doubt win the World Crown in the future.

The Power though is a different breed.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #132: Jun 09, 2013 07:36:39 pm
      The UK Open has been F***ing boss.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #133: Jun 11, 2013 09:18:03 am
      Yep DLS.....i love the darts and that quarter with MVG was awesome.

Never seen Phil so focused...he really wanted that one.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #134: Jan 03, 2015 08:43:01 pm
      Anderson v Van Gerwen has been a F***ing belting match.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #135: Jan 04, 2015 01:04:18 pm
      I knew it would be you who bumped this one DLS!

Gonna be a great final tonight I think Anderson has the edge.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #136: Jan 04, 2015 03:26:25 pm
      To be honest mate, I think Taylor will tw*t him - especially with Anderson winning the last outing between the two.

I think Taylor wants to really prove that he's the best on the planet again, wants to shut up those who think MVG has surpassed him. Taylor also has the experience of winning the title, Anderson failed against Lewis in 2011.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #137: Jan 04, 2015 05:32:12 pm
      To be honest mate, I think Taylor will tw*t him - especially with Anderson winning the last outing between the two.

I think Taylor wants to really prove that he's the best on the planet again, wants to shut up those who think MVG has surpassed him. Taylor also has the experience of winning the title, Anderson failed against Lewis in 2011.

I initially wanted Taylor to win but after his interview with the woman after his quarter finals he came across as a sexist c**t. She said "that was a struggle out there" to which he replied " oh one of the commentators must have said it was a struggle and they are right it was" what a cock.

Quick Reply