Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Darts

Read 65738 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Darts
      Jun 09, 2008 12:31:01 pm
      i was watching the UK Open last night and the fans went crazy singing Rafa Rafael Rafa Rafael Rafa Rafael Rafael Benitez for ironically a yank. Gary Mawson, looks just like our boss. Along with that the competition was boss. Barney beating Taylor then Mawson beating Barney and then James Wade winning the event after bearing Mawson.

James Wade is me fave darts player, mainly because he's a left handed dartsman like me, but also because he's not a cocky b***ard like Taylor.
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2008 08:42:35 pm by JD »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: darts
      Reply #1: Jun 09, 2008 12:46:48 pm
      I've a mate who's in this competition, unfortunately he got beat (again) by Phil Taylor 9-3.

He's called Wes Newton and I think ranked 16 in the world.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2: Jun 09, 2008 03:14:20 pm
      is he the one who made a practice room in his garden shed tommo? I know the fellas name.

I support Alan Tabbern as well (he got beat by Wade) because he's a left hander (like me and wade) and he's from St Helens. Nearest thing to a scouser we've got in the world of darts.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #3: Jun 09, 2008 03:23:02 pm
      Darts eh? me and our kid used to have the old british flag shirts with Eric Bristow on t'back.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #4: Jun 09, 2008 03:36:55 pm
      is he the one who made a practice room in his garden shed tommo? I know the fellas name.

Yes that's him mate.
      Basically, he's put one of those log cabins in his back garden and converted it into his 'darts den'.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #5: Jun 09, 2008 07:12:12 pm
      Well with any luck, he'll be making the later stages of the televised events sooner rather than later. Just tell him not to worry because Taylor can't go on forever.
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 09, 2008 07:51:49 pm
      I don't like Wade, looks too arrogant.

I cant say im a big darts fan but when I start watching it I get into it.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Jun 09, 2008 08:26:08 pm
      We've got a dart board up in our kitchen, great fun it is, especially when you've had a few.   :food-smiley-005:

I love the way they know exactly what to go for and nearly always get it :D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #8: Jun 09, 2008 08:38:31 pm
      Peoples attitude to the POWER on hers is exactly why this country gets crapped on in most sports, its a pity a lot more of our so called stars didn,t have Taylors drive and commitment we might even stand a chance of winin something then.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #9: Jun 09, 2008 11:52:59 pm
      I've no problem with Taylor's dedication as he likes to call it (constantly) but it's his attitude I can't stand. Since the turn of the century he's been one of the most arrogant and self centred people in the sporting world.

I love it when he and "one dart"Manley play each other, there's always tension there.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Jun 10, 2008 01:04:50 am
      I like to play darts. I'm totally rubbish at it. But it's a good laugh. Haven't got the patience to watch it though? Suppose it's something you've got to get into and have a favourite player?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #11: Jun 10, 2008 01:21:47 am
      sort of ken but it's something you watch when you're bored out your skull mainly. It's the most repetitive sport in the world. It's good when you're there live, couple of drinks, group of mates having a laugh and that but watching it in the front room can get tedious after twenty minutes for most, fortunately I like it. Probably because I follow all the televised events and see how the players are performing on a regular basis. If you just try and pick it up half way through then it can get boring.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #12: Jun 10, 2008 01:26:13 am
      sort of ken but it's something you watch when you're bored out your skull mainly. It's the most repetitive sport in the world. It's good when you're there live, couple of drinks, group of mates having a laugh and that but watching it in the front room can get tedious after twenty minutes for most, fortunately I like it. Probably because I follow all the televised events and see how the players are performing on a regular basis. If you just try and pick it up half way through then it can get boring.

One of my mates is bang into it. Always trying to get us to go to the darts. But I've got to be really into something to go watch it live.

I know exactly what you mean when you say tedious mate.  ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #13: Jun 10, 2008 01:33:38 am
      same with me and golf. me mate is mad on it, but I just don't see the point in it. Another tedious sport but one I can't get into. Ah well each their own.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #14: Jul 13, 2008 11:40:53 pm
      World Matchplay starts this Sunday in Blackpool, I'm hopin to get to a few of the games. Hopefully Wade the defendin champ and St Helens' Alan Tabbern will do well, both left handed dartsmen.

first round draw looks like this: Ronnie Baxter v Andy Smith; Kevin Painter v Tony Eccles; Colin Lloyd v Mark Walsh; James Wade v Wayne Jones; Terry Jenkins v Alex Roy; Peter Manley v Denis Ovens; Wayne Mardle v Mark Dudbridge; Colin Osborne v Mervyn King; Raymond van Barneveld v Mark Frost; Dennis Priestley v Adrian Gray; Alan Tabern v Vincent van der Voort; Andy Hamilton v Michael van Gerwen; John Part v Chris Mason; Phil Taylor v Steve Beaton; Roland Scholten v Matt Clark; Adrian Lewis v Kevin McDine.

Some big matches, my pick for the top three matches would be Osborne v King, Tabern v Van Der Voort and Part v Mason. Couple of other good uns in Wade/Jones, Jenkins/Roy, Hamilton/Van Gerwen and Mardle/Dudbridge.

I'm goin for Adrian Lewis to win it this year. Too easy to pick Taylor or Barney or even Wade for that matter, so I'll go for a Jackpot.
      Dizzy Munchkin
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 538 posts | 17 
      Reply #15: Jul 14, 2008 06:22:58 pm
      My other 1/2 & daughter love Darts, they 're going to Ally pally ( Alexandra Palace) for that darts comp in Dec, me I play for a team on Monday nites, totally crap at it but I have a laugh, talking of which my team are in the sixes comp to night, I might watch the occassional game or 2 but not for hours on enough like my patener.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #16: Jul 14, 2008 08:27:29 pm
      I've no problem with Taylor's dedication as he likes to call it (constantly) but it's his attitude I can't stand. Since the turn of the century he's been one of the most arrogant and self centred people in the sporting world.

I love it when he and "one dart"Manley play each other, there's always tension there.

I love that stand-off as well DLS, and I agree with you about Phil Taylors arrogance of late as well. Adrian Lewis looked awesome last time I saw him on TV.  Lets hope he's in form again this weekend    ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Darts
      Reply #17: Jul 14, 2008 09:57:03 pm
      Real athletes.

Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #18: Jul 14, 2008 10:00:50 pm

Finely Tuned athlete's ''sizzling like bacon in a pan''
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: Jul 14, 2008 11:04:41 pm
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #20: Jul 14, 2008 11:14:23 pm
      hasn't even got Wade on the pic. What the F**k Ronnie Baxter (green top front row) is on there for I don't know. Is it an old pic cos Taylor looks dead young on there.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #21: Jul 14, 2008 11:52:05 pm
      Lock up your daughters.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #22: Jul 21, 2008 12:22:07 am
      First results from the first night at Blackpool.

Lloyd 6-10 Walsh

Mardle 11-9 Dudbridge (tie break)

King 7-10 Osborne

Quick Reply