Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Forget Barry, keep Alonso, buy Silva & Villa

Read 17144 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Forget Barry, keep Alonso, buy Silva & Villa
      Jun 12, 2008 01:12:39 pm
      I say we smash our whole budged on these two Spaniards. May cost a bit but I'd rather that than anything else right now.
      Keep our Spanish influence I say, and not to mention Spanish players are far better yet far cheaper than English players.

Reina
      Arbeloa
      Alonso
      Silva
      Villa
      Torres

Some can dream :-\
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Re: Forget Barry, keep Alonso, buy Silva & Villa
      Reply #1: Jun 12, 2008 01:27:09 pm
      I say we smash our whole budged on these two Spaniards. May cost a bit but I'd rather that than anything else right now.
      Keep our Spanish influence I say, and not to mention Spanish players are far better yet far cheaper than English players.

Reina
      Arbeloa
      Alonso
      Silva
      Villa
      Torres

Aye but thats all that will remain a dream! No chance of us signing both Villa and Silva, and if they both have a decent Euro tournament then there value will only rise.

If I had a choice between the two then I wouldn't know who to go for, on one hand you got Villa, who if signed I have no doubt would be a brilliant player for us and him and Torres link up well for Spain, so maybe they could for us. But if we got him then we would have to change what has been a succesful formation for us (altough if we had the chance to sign him I would jump at it)

Then you got Silva, a player who we need more importantly than a striker, he would fit in well into our current formation, but I haven't seen to much of him so I'm not in a position to comment whether he would adapt to the PL.
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #2: Jun 12, 2008 01:28:46 pm
      I say we smash our whole budged on these two Spaniards

we wont get anywhere near david villa, especially with his form hes in at the Euro's as well,
      one of the big clubs, (much bigger than us, will snap him up)

Some can dream

but im dreaming with you mate ;)

but i really hope we can get someone of the calibre of silva, ive heard hes a hot prospect and maybe within our transfer budget and without a bidding war to contend with he might be an option.

ive not seen him play much though , what do you think?
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #3: Jun 12, 2008 01:33:42 pm
      we wont get anywhere near david villa, especially with his form hes in at the Euro's as well,

but im dreaming with you mate ;)

but I really hope we can get someone of the calibre of silva, ive heard hes a hot prospect and maybe within our transfer budget and without a bidding war to contend with he might be an option.

ive not seen him play much though , what do you think?
      I dont see how you can say we won't get a chance with Villa. Did you see him celebrating with Torres, thats a barganing chip for us, our Spanish 'connections' and we do have the funds but he would probably be the only player we sign this summer if we went for him.

Another point, there aren't many clubs bigger than Liverpool. Real Madrid, shocking in Europe, Villa will want to be challenging for the CL every season we can offer him that. The only side I can see with a better chance is Barca, not sure why but I can imagine Villa fitting in well with them, but would he move to another Spanish club? Or would he want to try his luck abroad?
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #4: Jun 12, 2008 01:35:50 pm

In the words of Carra "Where's bigger than Liverpool?"
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #5: Jun 12, 2008 01:42:04 pm
      I dont see how you can say we won't get a chance with Villa. Did you see him celebrating with Torres, thats a barganing chip for us, our Spanish 'connections' and we do have the funds but he would probably be the only player we sign this summer if we went for him.

having a friend with you at a tournament does not conclude a muliti million pound deal.
      and there are without doubt many many teams that couldl and would outbid us for mr villa.

no doubt when david villa was growing up he aspired to play for barc and real as every young spanish kid would do...

theres your first stumbling block and its large one that you'd stub your big toe on ;)

then theres the UK scum 1 & 2 who are loaded plus theres arsenal who villa said he admired!!

Another point, there aren't many clubs bigger than Liverpool. Real Madrid, shocking in Europe, Villa will want to be challenging for the CL every season we can offer him that. The only side I can see with a better chance is Barca, not sure why but I can imagine Villa fitting in well with them, but would he move to another Spanish club? Or would he want to try his luck abroad?

it depends what you mean by big ?

we used to big, we are not anymore, financially, commerically and on the pitch. fact.

historically yes.

dont live in the past
       8)
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #6: Jun 12, 2008 01:48:40 pm
      Does Alonso want to stay tho ,all this talk about Barry comin and him getting pushed aside to make way who would blame him if he stuck 2 fingers up and said bye.
      « Last Edit: Jun 12, 2008 01:51:02 pm by LFC9 »
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #7: Jun 12, 2008 01:49:49 pm

having a friend with you at a tournament does not conclude a muliti million pound deal.
      and there are without doubt many many teams that couldl and would outbid us for mr villa.

no doubt when david villa was growing up he aspired to play for barc and real as every young spanish kid would do...

theres your first stumbling block and its large one that you'd stub your big toe on ;)

then theres the UK scum 1 & 2 who are loaded plus theres arsenal who villa said he admired!!

it depends what you mean by big ?

we used to big, we are not anymore, financially, commerically and on the pitch. fact.

historically yes.

dont live in the past
       8)
      I mean big as in challenging for big trophies like the CL, which Real haven't done for a few years now. Having a friend at a club though does help a player decide where he wants to go, helps with the settling in process, Barry is a good example, one of the reasons he wants to join us is because Stevie is here, a good mate of his. I know we can't compete with some clubs financially but put in a big serious bid and we would have a chance.
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #8: Jun 12, 2008 01:53:25 pm
      I mean big as in challenging for big trophies like the CL, which Real haven't done for a few years now. Having a friend at a club though does help a player decide where he wants to go, helps with the settling in process, Barry is a good example, one of the reasons he wants to join us is because Stevie is here, a good mate of his. I know we can't compete with some clubs financially but put in a big serious bid and we would have a chance.

yes i do agree with a lot of what you have said there but i just think the money talks for the players wages, the lure of london as well and also the selling club and the agent in where he goes.
      big shame though, plus rick parry is a useless c*nt when it comes to transfers.

i would love him to come to LFC as i think he could play in the same formation we have now as well which is a massive bonus.
      ive seen him play for valencia in the almost, henry like, left sided striking role and he is that good that he can get away with it.
      he would fit-in a treat !
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #9: Jun 12, 2008 02:26:21 pm
      I feel like i've almost given up on this whole transfer business. I dont want to sound like a bad liverpool fan but rafa is truly being stupid. I will back him 1 million% is he makes intellegent moves in the transfer market but i have already laid out what i feel he could and should do in the 'xabi alonso' speculation thread. It is all good and well blaming alot on the owners as we do, every single one of us, as fans have the right to, they have messed us around beyond belief but, at the same time rafa has money to spend and is getting taken for a ride by certain clubs.

Aston villa ... £20 million they now want for Barry and i bet we end up paying it aswell. Pointless, he isnt near that good and the money could be so easily spent on a more needed and talented player e.g. Villa (with some money added on), Silva. Xabi has stated more than once that he wants to stay so why are we selling him, we have so many other players we can sell to raise money for the players we need and yet we want to sell someone who wants to stay. selling crouch alone would get us atleast £10 million and he seems to want to move on so why not let him as well as the other players that seem close to leaving e.g. riise. I will never stop backing rafa's management and the americans are in my eyes complete and utter scum for what they have done to this club but rafa needs to wake up and make some better decisions, there is no way gareth barry for anything more than £12-14 million is a good deal. I cant believe it has come to this.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #10: Jun 12, 2008 02:34:22 pm
      Either of these two players would be a vast improvement to our side and could be the difference in some of the matches like last season where we needed to turn a draw into a win. When you compare that to the possibility of Barry, and the amount asked for him, there really is no comparison.

(By the way, haven't you already started a thread exactly the same as this one Ra Ra?  ???)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #11: Jun 12, 2008 03:55:14 pm
      I'll chip in a twenty for Villa and a tenner for Silva.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #12: Jun 12, 2008 04:15:19 pm
      Alonso has gone mate.  Liverpool / Rafa have made it clear he's not in there plans - why would you stay knowing that.

As for Villa and Silva - both seem to be miles away from us.

I just wonder how long Torres and Gerrard will stick around, knowing we are not competing for these type of players.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #13: Jun 12, 2008 04:32:49 pm
      Alonso has gone mate.  Liverpool / Rafa have made it clear he's not in there plans - why would you stay knowing that.

I just wonder how long Torres and Gerrard will stick around, knowing we are not competing for these type of players.

...ah bless... the voice of optimism and happiness personified, has spoken. Welcome back Richobaz NOT.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Jun 12, 2008 05:37:06 pm

How do you know all this? Have you got any proof of it? any reliable sources taht are never wrong because if you have then please enlighten us

For all we know Rafa might have people in Spain working out a deal for Villa and Silva. Who would have thought west ham would have ever gotten Masch and Tevez, In football you never know what is going to happen. The writing is never on the wall before the transfer window has even opened.

And as for the bit about Gerrard and Torres sticking around do you really think that they would have come out and said that they are going no where if the were thinking about jumping ship

...ah bless... the voice of optimism and happiness personified, has spoken. Welcome back Richobaz NOT.

Couldnt agree more
      « Last Edit: Jun 12, 2008 05:39:08 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #15: Jun 12, 2008 06:19:57 pm

Reina
      Arbeloa
      Alonso
      Silva
      Villa
      Torres

If that line-up materialised for the Reds for the start of next season... I would run up and down my road naked for an hour... well maybe 5 mins...!!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #16: Jun 12, 2008 06:55:19 pm
      Heh, that would cost over 45million and where are we going to get anywhere near that kind of money? Especially if we don't sell Alonso.

Though  I agree, keeping Alonso and buying Villa and Silva would be perfect...
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #17: Jun 12, 2008 07:18:00 pm
      need to sell xabi and more to cash in on villa and silva. whats with the milner link...............crap player. another pennant. waste of money. as for downing hes no messi is he? need to stop buying average players. .  ben afra of lyon would be a good signing.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #18: Jun 12, 2008 07:23:08 pm
      need to sell xabi and more to cash in on villa and silva. whats with the milner link...............crap player. another pennant. waste of money. as for downing hes no messi is he? need to stop buying average players. .  ben afra of lyon would be a good signing.
      Not sure what you mean mate . If we sell xabi we need to replace him so how would we have more money for villa and silva
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #19: Jun 12, 2008 10:39:33 pm
      I've been saying for a while now I don't think Barry is worth much more than 12-14m MAX.

Unless Rafa has actually said to Alonso "You're not going to be needed for next season son, I'm looking at bringing in Barry"

I see no reason for Alonso to want to leave, considering he came out last week saying he is happy at Liverpool and doesn't want to leave.

I would be more than happy if we missed out on the stupid price Aston Villa are asking for Barry and Alonso stayed.

Getting both Villa and Silva though would be a push. If I had to choose I would prolly go with Silva no Villa..actually Silva, no no Villa...ah bugger it, Rafa get both!
      « Last Edit: Jun 12, 2008 10:42:36 pm by kopkiwi »
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #20: Jun 12, 2008 10:40:18 pm
      Easy one this. Keep Xabi, tell Villa to shove Barry up their *rse and get a loan against H&G's homes( why not, these b*stards have mortgaged our home up to the hilt) to buy Villa/Silva or anyone else that Rafa thinks we should have - end of.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #21: Jun 12, 2008 10:50:19 pm
      Easy one this. Keep Xabi, tell Villa to shove Barry up their *rse and get a loan against H&G's homes( why not, these b*stards have mortgaged our home up to the hilt) to buy Villa/Silva or anyone else that Rafa thinks we should have - end of.

No one could have said it any better.

About time those shits step up to the plate.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #22: Jun 12, 2008 11:04:07 pm
      Very optimistic title of this thread.

Fence seat?  My arse is numb from all this fence sitting... but I'm still not sure what is in store for us.  I certainly hope it's Villa & Silva. 

Not Barry, Milner or anyone else.

Quick Reply