Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Forget Barry, keep Alonso, buy Silva & Villa

Read 17175 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Re: Forget Barry, keep Alonso, buy Silva & Villa
      Reply #138: Jul 30, 2008 03:22:55 pm
      Surely Finnan is valued at more than £0.5m? They wanted £18m altogether. Why not keep Finnan and just give them another £500,00. Why are we bowing down to Martin O'neill's stupid commands :S. Don't buy we dont need him I don't think.
      Yeah thats what i thought, unless the total value of the deal is 17.5mill, and we are giving them 16mill + Finnan. Not sure on it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #139: Jul 30, 2008 03:30:09 pm
      If we buy him then wot u reckon the team will be? Who exactly is he going to take out :S. He isnt better than mascherano or gerrard. Babel is better and the only place in the team available is right wing. Looks like a stupid transfer in my eyes. Don't see why we jus didnt bid £18m for Bentley or another right winger.
      LFCJAK
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #140: Jul 30, 2008 03:33:50 pm
      bently looks to be goin to tottenham but i think david silva would be a smarter mover in my eyes

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #141: Jul 30, 2008 03:40:06 pm
      I know ye but i mean like thats possibly who we should have gone for before Tottenham got stuck into him. Ye definately David Silva, would be great to see him. Seriously though, who would prefer Barry over Silva? I wouldn't thats for sure :|
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #142: Jul 30, 2008 05:39:41 pm
      From BBC Sports: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/7533851.stm

Villa call off Barry move to Reds 

Aston Villa say that Gareth Barry will be staying at the club and not moving to Premier League rivals Liverpool.

Villa claim the Reds failed to meet a deadline to sign the midfielder, who stated he wanted to move to Anfield, and now any switch is off.

"During talks in the past few days, a final deadline to conclude this episode was set that all parties were aware of and agreed to," said a Villa statement.

"This deadline has now passed and so Gareth will remain with Villa."

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #143: Jul 30, 2008 05:41:27 pm
      Good ;D. Now we can focus on somebody much, much better and in a position that we actually need (right wing) :)
      Fernando_Torres
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #144: Jul 30, 2008 06:35:09 pm
      so wat about alonso ?? will he stay or move?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #145: Jul 30, 2008 06:38:57 pm
      I reckon he will stay. Hope he does anyway. He's a good player, better than Barry.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #146: Jul 30, 2008 11:14:55 pm
      looks like its turning out to be forget barry, keep alonso, buy silva & got keane
      Fernando_Torres
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #147: Jul 31, 2008 08:57:51 am
      youngers are really quite good.plesis insua impressed everyone  to me. I think keane is true choice. arbeloa and alonso still suspected.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #148: Jul 31, 2008 09:20:11 am
      From BBC Sports: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/7533851.stm

Villa call off Barry move to Reds 

Aston Villa say that Gareth Barry will be staying at the club and not moving to Premier League rivals Liverpool.

Villa claim the Reds failed to meet a deadline to sign the midfielder, who stated he wanted to move to Anfield, and now any switch is off.

"During talks in the past few days, a final deadline to conclude this episode was set that all parties were aware of and agreed to," said a Villa statement.

"This deadline has now passed and so Gareth will remain with Villa."

I am not saying if we should or should not buy Barry but I think M.O.N. should remember the transfer window has another month to run.I hink M.O.N. was trying to bluff RAFA and it has backfired on him.Give RAFA credit for sticking to his valuation of the player
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #149: Jul 31, 2008 09:59:00 am
      WTF? Did we sign him or not?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #150: Jul 31, 2008 10:01:46 pm
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #151: Jul 31, 2008 10:05:43 pm
      Aha.

I wonder if Rick Parry had his dialing finger up his arse at the last minute.  £17.5m + Steve Finnan is still surely not good enough?

F**k off MON.  We'll just have him next year when he buys his contract out.  Then who's laughing.
      bigredarmy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      Reply #152: Aug 01, 2008 08:28:24 am
      for arguments sake, lets say we would prefer a proper left winger, barry not suitable, silva would be great, but maybe not suitable to the pace & physicality of the league, who else would fit the bill, which is...proper left winger and suitable to EPL, or already in the EPL...

downing? pedersen? krankjar? podolski? riera?......assuming funds available by selling alonso,finnan & pennant
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #153: Aug 01, 2008 09:10:59 am
      Podolski for sure
      Fernando_Torres
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #154: Aug 01, 2008 04:30:43 pm
      podolski cant adjust premier league, and  left side  pain since rafa came anfield.so many players played there and maybe the one guarantied  riise is gone now.so silva and villa told they re happy in valencia.if barry wont come who will play at left side. selling kewell and riise is silly isnt it?  so if you sell  you ll buy one better than what you sold.ı dont thınk barry is better than riise and kewell
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #155: Aug 01, 2008 07:14:53 pm
      podolski cant adjust premier league, and  left side  pain since rafa came anfield.so many players played there and maybe the one guarantied  riise is gone now.so silva and villa told they re happy in valencia.if barry wont come who will play at left side. selling kewell and riise is silly isnt it?  so if you sell  you ll buy one better than what you sold.ı dont thınk barry is better than riise and kewell

how do you know podolski cant adapt in the premiership? he has never played there :-\  and it was a mistake getting rid of riise and kewell because if we cant get anyone in then babel can play there as can benayoun
      Fernando_Torres
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #156: Aug 02, 2008 12:03:14 pm
      podolski young but he s striker not winger . we mustnt persuade ourselves with euro2008 .germany s tactic is different . so podolski cant adjust liverpool  s left side and if rafa wont sell alonso and buy only barry, there will be no success this season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #157: Aug 02, 2008 10:30:57 pm
      podolski young but he s striker not winger . we mustnt persuade ourselves with euro2008 .germany s tactic is different . so podolski cant adjust liverpool  s left side and if rafa wont sell alonso and buy only barry, there will be no success this season.

where has podolski even cropped up from mate because he has'nt even been linked with us :-\
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,729 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #158: Aug 04, 2008 09:38:15 am
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/08/04/liverpool-will-tie-up-gareth-barry-deal-in-next-24-hours-115875-20683896/
      Liverpool will tie up Gareth Barry deal in next 24 hours

Gareth Barry finally expects to get permission to speak to Liverpool in the next 24 hours after Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill admitted defeat in his battle to keep the England star.

The midfielder feared he would be stuck at Villa until January at the earliest after O'Neill announced last Wednesday that Liverpool had missed a deadline to sign him.

But the Villa boss has has given the player's agent Alex Black the green light to act as intermediary with the Anfield club to complete an £18million transfer - including fullback Steve Finnan in part-exchange.

I don't know what to say :(
      LFCJAK
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #159: Aug 04, 2008 10:15:43 am
      Alonso is meant to be going to arsenal for the cash for barry

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has ruled out a move for Gareth Barry even though he is an admirer of the Aston Villa ace. It seems more likely that Wenger will bid for Xabi Alonso, if Liverpool complete a deal for Barry.

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #160: Aug 04, 2008 07:02:53 pm
      Cant imagine ue selling ALONSO to the arse,i just dont get that one also he has shown in pre season that he is getting back to his best .

Quick Reply