Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Ronaldinho or Eto'o?

Read 4552 times
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Re: Ronaldinho or Eto'o?
      Reply #23: Jun 18, 2008 06:28:45 pm
      Same as barry then ! Ouch .
      I would love to see him at anfield back to his best ,and running rings round Manure but £20+ million would be an expensive gamble,especially if he didnt get back to his best.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #24: Jun 18, 2008 06:49:56 pm
      After seeing those pictures posted of him i think he would miss the first half of a season at a health farm? A firm no to Ronaldinho for me.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #25: Jun 18, 2008 07:10:57 pm
      Eto'o - to much of an attitude.

Ronaldinho - wages too high. Find it comic people think he's past it though, still a phenominal and world class player just needs a new challenge. Would improve us vastly, as for that picture, look up when that picture is actually from. He isnt past it atall, still one of the most dangerous players on the planet.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Reply #26: Jun 18, 2008 07:26:30 pm
      I agree with Cisse, hes still only the same age as Gerrard, 28. We could still get 4 more years out of him if he gets back to his best. We also seem to waste an awful lot of free kicks, he could also solve this problem.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #27: Jun 18, 2008 07:57:24 pm
      If these three were performing and not show boating do you think Barca would be so willing to invite offers ,if they are not good enough for them then they certainly are not good enough for us ,also could you see RAFA putting up with lazy players and causing unrest in the dressing room ,i dont think so.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #28: Jun 18, 2008 10:39:16 pm
      Ronaldinho - no way, not for a smart guy like Benitez. Brasilian players that go for 30 are dangerous, esp. if they already had success. They have far too much of an easygoing (south american) mentality that doesn't suit the tough PL conditions.

Eto'o has too much attitude & personality. That's not good for our team that hasn't any "ego's" yet (which is good).

Both guys I wouldn't take, even if they are inexpensive. Both guys I suppose to be potential team cancers.

Don't let yourself get fooled by trademark-names...it's on the pitch and if you would buy Platini, Beckenbauer, Pele and Socrates you may would have a tremendous squad, but you would still lose vs. Liverpools youth team. I hope you get my point. Ronaldinho and Eto'o once were world class...but now?!?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 453 
      Reply #29: Jun 18, 2008 11:31:10 pm
      Definately not Ronaldinho, it doesn't matter how much he will cost? It's how much the entire deal including wages will total, and it would be a very very expensive signing.  It would jeopordise our already financially unstable situation and would have an effect on our others top stars future contracts.  He was brilliant maybe he might just have another one season of brilliance in him but for about a 40m wage contract and his signing fee, no not worth it.  Personally I'm not in favour of bringing in a world class striker apart from David Villa as I strongly feel that first priority must be to bring in two quality wingers.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30: Jun 19, 2008 10:06:49 am
      have we even got money for them !!
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #31: Jun 19, 2008 10:16:27 am
      Why do you think they're letting Ronaldinho go? Because he's lost it. The story is that he argued with management, saying he was out in clubs all night when he won World Player of the Year! Then celebrates a goal, gets his top off and sports an ale gut comparable to half the fans! :D

I don't think this league suits him. He wouldn't get a second to do all of these skills that he so often uses to get onto the Showboat bit on Soccer AM! Take those skills off him and he's not a good footballer. He scores the odd goal, but not like he used to. And that was in Spain. When you get about ten years on the ball to make a move.

If he does come over here, it'll be with Man City. And he'll shine in a relatively mediocre team. And everyone will want to sign him again! ::) ;)

And I really don't think that Eto'o is the goal machine everyone thinks he is. Leave them be! :D Just keep going for Villa! ;)

I'm just going to use your post, cause it's pretty much word for word what I wanted to say anyway.

Ronaldinho has lost it. Eto'o just doesn't have the "Rafa attitude" playing for the team rather than yourself. I wouldn't be thrilled with either signings to be honest.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #32: Jun 20, 2008 07:17:07 pm
      no brainer this one.Ronaldinho is more interested in partying than football.

Quick Reply