Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 12th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid)

Read 5851 times
      TheSpecialOne
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 45 posts | -1 
      Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid)
      Jun 18, 2008 03:04:01 pm
      Any truth behind these rumours??
      would certainly like Krancjar, not sure about Diarra tho tbh.
      I'd try n tiie Crouchy's deal in with one for Krancjar's if I were RAFA EL GAFFER
      anyone else agree?
      Or heard anythin more about this possible deal?
       ;D
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2011 11:11:42 am by Bpatel, Reason: Title altered »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Lassana Diarra (Portsmouth)
      Reply #1: Jun 18, 2008 04:14:06 pm
      There's already a Kranjcar thread here mate:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,7885.0.html

Noticed there was a snippet about Lassana Diarra in the Mirror today. But it doesn't mean that it's true.

Link

Liverpool will refuse point blank to pay Aston Villa's "ludicrous"

£20million asking price for Gareth Barry.

And the Anfield club are prepared to walk away and look elsewhere for a midfielder if Villa hold out for what is considered a massively inflated valuation.

Manager Rafa Benitez is angry his counterpart at Villa Park, Martin O'Neill, is being obstructive in negotiations, when it is clear Barry (above) wants to leave to further his international ambitions.

Villa have refused to budge from £20m and if that continues the Merseyside club will apologise to Barry 28, and walk away, with Portsmouth's Lassana Diarra a viable alternative.

Pompey want Peter Crouch and a swap deal would offer a solution.

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #2: Jun 18, 2008 04:42:49 pm
      Diarra is quality... Wouldn't know what to value him at though..
      I got some free tickets to the F.A cup final in the Pompey bit with all the wags and that.. It was a bit weird not supporting anybody but i noticed that Diarra stood out a mile..
      It was a sh*te game and the Pompey fans had no more than 3 songs but watching this lad in the flesh was quite interesting...
      Did we not have him at our club as a youth before?... i swear i read that somewhere..?
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #3: Jun 18, 2008 04:50:04 pm
      I got some free tickets to the F.A cup final in the Pompey bit with all the wags and that.. It was a bit weird not supporting anybody but I noticed that Diarra stood out a mile..
      It was a sh*te game and the Pompey fans had no more than 3 songs but watching this lad in the flesh was quite interesting...
      Did we not have him at our club as a youth before?... I swear I read that somewhere..?

Diarra is good player and would stand out on a pitch with Portsmouth and cardiff playing ,But the question is would he stand out on a saturday afternoon at anfield .I dont think he would and i dont think he would improve our team either.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #4: Jun 18, 2008 04:53:09 pm
      Fair-ish point...
      It really could have been that everyone else on the pitch was sh*te.... hahaha
      Thats not sarcasm by the way.. i'm being serious..!!
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 18, 2008 05:35:36 pm
      I really rate this lad, with Alonso going it seems a good investment. I raised this lad up in a thread a while back and got absolutley trashed for it so im glad to see this
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #6: Jun 18, 2008 07:03:32 pm
      Definately take Diarra.

Pompey will do all they can to keep Kranjcar whereas with diarra they can also use muntari in his position so they would be more likely to let him go. Much prefer to take diarra than barry to be honest, younger, different kind of player better defensively but also a great attacker too. All he wants is game time and he would be fantastic alongside mascherano, with Villa demanding £20million for barry i hope that deters rafa and he opts to go for diarra in a swap deal for crouch, would be good for both teams
      liver1980
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 20, 2008 03:59:00 pm
      I got some free tickets to the F.A cup final in the Pompey bit with all the wags and that.. It was a bit weird not supporting anybody but I noticed that Diarra stood out a mile..
      Did we not have him at our club as a youth before?... I swear I read that somewhere..?

Diarra is a very talented player as could be seen in his arsenal days. Word has it that spurs are also sniffing around him
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Jun 20, 2008 04:59:10 pm
      Diarra is a very talented player as could be seen in his arsenal days. Word has it that spurs are also sniffing around him

Spurs interested eh? There's a first.
      AggerDoo
      Reply #9: Jun 20, 2008 05:22:03 pm
      Yeah he has looked good in Pompeys central midfield he can do both attack and defend. Pompey will want quite a bit seeing as they paid 6 mill for him.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #10: Jun 20, 2008 06:45:01 pm
      No thanks

I don't think he is really that good, maybe a decent squad player since he can play a few different positions but IMO he isn't going to improve the squad.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #11: Jun 20, 2008 08:08:22 pm
      No thanks

I don't think he is really that good, maybe a decent squad player since he can play a few different positions but IMO he isn't going to improve the squad.

Would actually improve it alot, one of the best CM's in the league. Only if Xabi leaves though, we dont need him if Xabi stays.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Jun 21, 2008 06:46:37 am
      If Xabi leaves, Muntari and Diarra are very reasonable targets. Both have a great attacking game with their passing and can defend very reasonably, Diarra more so but Muntari a better attacking game.

Always rated Pompey, i like their side, with them 2 and Kranjcar etc they can push for Europe. Any of these 3 mids i named would be welcomed to Anfield by me.
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 21, 2008 02:13:32 pm
      I'd say Diarra has a better game overall and more room for develepment then Mutari.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #14: Jun 25, 2008 04:21:32 pm
      Did we not have him at our club as a youth before?... i swear i read that somewhere..?

Just to answer your question, it was Alou Diarra we had at our club, not Lassana.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #15: Jun 26, 2008 05:59:14 pm
      diarra is a very good player, but we already have mascherano and i doubt he would leave pompey after being there for only half a season.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #16: Jun 28, 2008 02:32:06 pm
      god please no
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #17: Jun 29, 2008 04:59:59 pm
      no thanks mash is better. chelsea +arsenal got shot of him for a reason.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #18: Jun 29, 2008 05:14:23 pm
      huh? was he at chelsea?
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #19: Jun 29, 2008 05:34:39 pm
      Yeah, left for arsenal for more first team football, stayed until the next transfer window then left for Portsmouth where he gets first team football.
      Not going to be happy benchwarming somewhere else, good player none the less (i personally would love to see him here and fitting in).
      Reds4eveR
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      • u'll never walk alone!!!
      Reply #20: Jun 30, 2008 08:15:09 am
      same here!!! welcome him if xabi leaves!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #21: Dec 17, 2011 10:39:58 am

Thursday December 15 2011

Last January's deadline-day events, it seems, have sated Anfield's desire for winter drama for some time to come.

Kenny Dalglish's side may find themselves on the cusp of the race for a Champions League place and in desperate need to find a ruthless goalscorer to rid them of their damaging profligacy, but the Scot is not thought to be preparing to spend substantial funds next month.

That may change should a proven goalscorer become available -- Liverpool would be third if shots against the woodwork counted as goals -- while a loan replacement may be sought for Lucas Leiva, who will miss the rest of the season through injury, with Real Madrid's Lassana Diarra one option.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/who-the-top-six-need-in-the-january-sales-2964978.html

Note: Mods, can you please rename and move this thread to the transfer board.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #22: Dec 17, 2011 10:46:34 am
      Get out of the kop!!

Quick Reply