Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce -> Feyenoord)

Read 257166 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce)
      Reply #2093: Aug 26, 2012 01:11:26 am

Definitely on a personal level. A few more footballers past and present could follow Dirk's lead.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2094: Aug 26, 2012 01:40:14 am
      Can't stop scoring.
      Would have liked to have seen him upfront
      with Suarez and Borini.

Still need a goal scorer.
      Like the one who was in the right place
      to capitalise on Suarez's creativity against
      The Mancs..
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2095: Aug 26, 2012 07:11:16 am
      Definitely on a personal level. A few more footballers past and present could follow Dirk's lead.
      Agreed.
      Bier
      Reply #2096: Aug 26, 2012 02:37:35 pm
      Reached 250 career goals with his latest, congrats Dirk!

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2097: Aug 26, 2012 02:57:01 pm
      6 goals in 6 games, makes you wonder what could have been if we'd played him in the correct position.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #2098: Sep 15, 2012 07:03:14 am
      Dirk Kuyt ‏@Dirk_18_Kuyt
      Finally, the truth came out!! So much respect for the families who never gave up. Y.N.W.A #JFT96

Miss you Dirky :(
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2099: Sep 15, 2012 08:53:02 am
      I miss Dirk.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #2100: Sep 15, 2012 01:08:00 pm
      Great guy and a perfect idol for the young football players out there. He gives 100% everytime he is on the pitch, dont complain when he doesnt get enough playtime and he doesnt get into trouble off the pitch. He is the perfect professional football player imo.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2101: Sep 15, 2012 01:28:34 pm
      Dirk Kuyt ‏@Dirk_18_Kuyt
      Finally, the truth came out!! So much respect for the families who never gave up. Y.N.W.A #JFT96

Nice one, big fella.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2102: Sep 15, 2012 09:26:51 pm
      His scoring for fun, some of the goals are brilliant.

Miss you Dirk.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #2103: Sep 15, 2012 10:16:26 pm
      Dirk Kuyt ‏@Dirk_18_Kuyt

Nice one Dirk.

Another one who seems to get what this club is about.

Loved him as a player for us and thought his time was up here but I am missing him none the less.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2104: Oct 17, 2012 02:37:47 pm
      Dirk Kuyt on life after Liverpool
      Dirk Kuyt has settled quickly in Turkey, on and off the pitchGettyImagesDirk Kuyt has settled quickly in Turkey, on and off the pitch

Liverpool fans will never forget Dirk Kuyt. The Dutch international will never forget the fans.

The hard working Kuyt was a Kop favorite for six years, departing in the off-season when his playing time diminished under Kenny Dalglish. Two days after Brendan Rodgers replaced Dalglish, Kuyt signed with Turkish giant Fenerbahce.

ESPN caught up with 32-year-old Kuyt to discuss last season, his relationship with Dalglish, why he chose Fenerbahce and his new life with his big family in balmier Istanbul.

Q: Dirk, how much did you entertain staying at Liverpool when the managerial change was made?

A:
      I had six wonderful years at Liverpool. But in the last season, where I wasn't playing as much as I wanted to, I took the decision to leave after the season. It had nothing to do with the new manager. He even gave me a phone call after I made the decision to go to Fenerbahce. He wished me all the best in my new career. That was very polite of him.

The last season wasn't as I had expected it. I wanted to be more involved in the game and at the stage when I made my decision it didn't look like it was going to change for this season.

Q: How difficult was last season? As you mentioned, you weren't a regular. You also didn't start in both cup finals.

A:
      It was hard. Every player comes to this stage sometime. I was used to playing every game, in and out, for Liverpool. The season before, I was the team's top scorer and the player with the most assists. I was ready to go one step further after a good second half of the first six months under Kenny. But new players came in and my time on the pitch was less than expected. All I could do was work very hard in training and to fight until the end, and that's what I did, although I was very disappointed not to play on those big occasions in the finals.

I think every player not playing in the team is disappointed, and so was I. At that stage I had to put my disappointments aside and give everything for the team.

Q: What was the communication like with Kenny?

A:
      I have to be honest. The first thing that Kenny said was that the door was always open, and it was. We always had the opportunity to walk through his door and have a chat about the problems we had. I talked a couple of times with the manager, and he always had great respect for me as a person and a player. He has tough decisions to make and at the end of the day he didn't make them in my favor. You have to accept it and try to change his mind in training and also in the minutes he gives you on the pitch.

Q: So, you made up your mind to leave and had offers from different countries. Why Turkey and Fenerbahce?

A:
      At a certain stage I had always thought I would be staying longer than six years at Liverpool. It changed after last season and I just wanted one more experience, another culture, another country, another mentality, another competition in Europe. Turkey and Fenerbahce came my way, and the decision came from my heart. I had the best feeling from this club and so far I'm really happy here.

Q: We know you're a family man. How have you and the family adjusted to life in Turkey?

A:
      Obviously it's a very big step family wise. It's a different country and culture. We were used to England, and my kids were going to an English school in England, but I have to be fair, the club really helped me in finding a good house for my family and in finding a good school for my kids. I have a wonderful wife who was already in Istanbul when I was at the Euros, and she was already preparing for this. She went to look for houses and a school with the club.

Especially for a player like me with four kids, it's important that the family settled in quickly, and that's what we've done. We are two months into our house and our children went straight into school after the summer break so they didn't miss anything. They are in a British international school and so far from what we've heard from them, they're really enjoying it. They miss friends from Liverpool but are having a good time at the moment.

Q: What are your initial thoughts of the city itself and having a blend of Europe and Asia?

A:
      Istanbul is a great city, a special city, because one side is the European side and the other is the Asian, and in the middle is the (Bosphorus).

Q: How would you assess the quality of the Turkish league?

A:
      You have to be honest. You can't compare the Premier League to the Turkish league, but also the Turkish league has many talented players. You have derby games. We have Besiktas and Galatasaray and two other teams in Istanbul. Altogether it makes it a very interesting league. I'm surprised by the quality. It's not an easy league to play in. You have to be ready.

Q: On that note, how much do you think Fenerbahce-Galatasaray will be similar to Liverpool-Manchester United? Have you heard stories about the rivalry?

A:
      Yeah. I know a bit of the history between the two big rivals. One of the players I played with at Feyenoord, Pierre van Hooijdonk, played at Fenerbahce for two years, so from that moment I had a special eye on Fenerbahce and especially the derby games. In this city it's the most important game of the year. The people here are very emotional and speak from the heart.

Q: And what about those passionate Turkish fans?

A:
      Since I've been here the fans have been amazing. Everywhere I go in the city, they're very nice. They want an autograph but they show me how much they like to see me and wish me all the success and the best, and you can see from their faces they really mean it. To feel welcome here for me and my family from the first day has helped me really settle in.

Q: Speaking of Liverpool-United, did you manage to watch the game last month at Anfield?

A:
      I didn't see it live. I saw parts of it, the second half. I thought Liverpool deserved more. The club has a new manager, some new, interesting players and you see the team needs a little more time. Hopefully the supporters and everyone gives them a bit of time because Brendan is a great coach, and he can build something like he did at Swansea. I'm sure if the team keeps working hard they'll get better and better.

Q: What emotions did you experience while watching the game? Were you a little sad?

A:
      It was a very strange feeling when you see your old team playing for the first time - especially against a team like Manchester United. Everyone knows I support LFC and I wish them all the best. I'm not the player of Liverpool anymore but I'm a big supporter and so is my family. Every game we can watch, we are in front of the telly and hope the team is winning.

Q: Between training, games and travelling, how much do you keep an eye on the Premier League in general?

A:
      Before I went to Liverpool I was a great fan of the Premier League. Here in Turkey you can watch almost every game live. Sometimes I have to train or play, but I can see all the highlights and watch many games live. I don't have to miss that over here.

Q: I must ask you about the weather. I would presume it's much nicer in Istanbul than in Liverpool?

A:
      I was quite used to the weather in England. Everyone knows there's quite a bit of rain. I have to get used to the sun here because the weather has been unbelievable. It's between 25 and 35 (degrees Celsius). My skin wasn't that much used to it, the sun [laughs], so I have to protect myself a bit more. Obviously we've been enjoying this nice weather.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/1134?cc=5901

Miss Dirk.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #2105: Oct 20, 2012 07:09:11 am
      Dirk Kuyt on life after Liverpool
      Dirk Kuyt has settled quickly in Turkey, on and off the pitchGettyImagesDirk Kuyt has settled quickly in Turkey, on and off the pitch

Liverpool fans will never forget Dirk Kuyt. The Dutch international will never forget the fans.

The hard working Kuyt was a Kop favorite for six years, departing in the off-season when his playing time diminished under Kenny Dalglish. Two days after Brendan Rodgers replaced Dalglish, Kuyt signed with Turkish giant Fenerbahce.

ESPN caught up with 32-year-old Kuyt to discuss last season, his relationship with Dalglish, why he chose Fenerbahce and his new life with his big family in balmier Istanbul.

Q: Dirk, how much did you entertain staying at Liverpool when the managerial change was made?

A:
      I had six wonderful years at Liverpool. But in the last season, where I wasn't playing as much as I wanted to, I took the decision to leave after the season. It had nothing to do with the new manager. He even gave me a phone call after I made the decision to go to Fenerbahce. He wished me all the best in my new career. That was very polite of him.

The last season wasn't as I had expected it. I wanted to be more involved in the game and at the stage when I made my decision it didn't look like it was going to change for this season.

Q: How difficult was last season? As you mentioned, you weren't a regular. You also didn't start in both cup finals.

A:
      It was hard. Every player comes to this stage sometime. I was used to playing every game, in and out, for Liverpool. The season before, I was the team's top scorer and the player with the most assists. I was ready to go one step further after a good second half of the first six months under Kenny. But new players came in and my time on the pitch was less than expected. All I could do was work very hard in training and to fight until the end, and that's what I did, although I was very disappointed not to play on those big occasions in the finals.

I think every player not playing in the team is disappointed, and so was I. At that stage I had to put my disappointments aside and give everything for the team.

Q: What was the communication like with Kenny?

A:
      I have to be honest. The first thing that Kenny said was that the door was always open, and it was. We always had the opportunity to walk through his door and have a chat about the problems we had. I talked a couple of times with the manager, and he always had great respect for me as a person and a player. He has tough decisions to make and at the end of the day he didn't make them in my favor. You have to accept it and try to change his mind in training and also in the minutes he gives you on the pitch.

Q: So, you made up your mind to leave and had offers from different countries. Why Turkey and Fenerbahce?

A:
      At a certain stage I had always thought I would be staying longer than six years at Liverpool. It changed after last season and I just wanted one more experience, another culture, another country, another mentality, another competition in Europe. Turkey and Fenerbahce came my way, and the decision came from my heart. I had the best feeling from this club and so far I'm really happy here.

Q: We know you're a family man. How have you and the family adjusted to life in Turkey?

A:
      Obviously it's a very big step family wise. It's a different country and culture. We were used to England, and my kids were going to an English school in England, but I have to be fair, the club really helped me in finding a good house for my family and in finding a good school for my kids. I have a wonderful wife who was already in Istanbul when I was at the Euros, and she was already preparing for this. She went to look for houses and a school with the club.

Especially for a player like me with four kids, it's important that the family settled in quickly, and that's what we've done. We are two months into our house and our children went straight into school after the summer break so they didn't miss anything. They are in a British international school and so far from what we've heard from them, they're really enjoying it. They miss friends from Liverpool but are having a good time at the moment.

Q: What are your initial thoughts of the city itself and having a blend of Europe and Asia?

A:
      Istanbul is a great city, a special city, because one side is the European side and the other is the Asian, and in the middle is the (Bosphorus).

Q: How would you assess the quality of the Turkish league?

A:
      You have to be honest. You can't compare the Premier League to the Turkish league, but also the Turkish league has many talented players. You have derby games. We have Besiktas and Galatasaray and two other teams in Istanbul. Altogether it makes it a very interesting league. I'm surprised by the quality. It's not an easy league to play in. You have to be ready.

Q: On that note, how much do you think Fenerbahce-Galatasaray will be similar to Liverpool-Manchester United? Have you heard stories about the rivalry?

A:
      Yeah. I know a bit of the history between the two big rivals. One of the players I played with at Feyenoord, Pierre van Hooijdonk, played at Fenerbahce for two years, so from that moment I had a special eye on Fenerbahce and especially the derby games. In this city it's the most important game of the year. The people here are very emotional and speak from the heart.

Q: And what about those passionate Turkish fans?

A:
      Since I've been here the fans have been amazing. Everywhere I go in the city, they're very nice. They want an autograph but they show me how much they like to see me and wish me all the success and the best, and you can see from their faces they really mean it. To feel welcome here for me and my family from the first day has helped me really settle in.

Q: Speaking of Liverpool-United, did you manage to watch the game last month at Anfield?

A:
      I didn't see it live. I saw parts of it, the second half. I thought Liverpool deserved more. The club has a new manager, some new, interesting players and you see the team needs a little more time. Hopefully the supporters and everyone gives them a bit of time because Brendan is a great coach, and he can build something like he did at Swansea. I'm sure if the team keeps working hard they'll get better and better.

Q: What emotions did you experience while watching the game? Were you a little sad?

A:
      It was a very strange feeling when you see your old team playing for the first time - especially against a team like Manchester United. Everyone knows I support LFC and I wish them all the best. I'm not the player of Liverpool anymore but I'm a big supporter and so is my family. Every game we can watch, we are in front of the telly and hope the team is winning.

Q: Between training, games and travelling, how much do you keep an eye on the Premier League in general?

A:
      Before I went to Liverpool I was a great fan of the Premier League. Here in Turkey you can watch almost every game live. Sometimes I have to train or play, but I can see all the highlights and watch many games live. I don't have to miss that over here.

Q: I must ask you about the weather. I would presume it's much nicer in Istanbul than in Liverpool?

A:
      I was quite used to the weather in England. Everyone knows there's quite a bit of rain. I have to get used to the sun here because the weather has been unbelievable. It's between 25 and 35 (degrees Celsius). My skin wasn't that much used to it, the sun [laughs], so I have to protect myself a bit more. Obviously we've been enjoying this nice weather.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/1134?cc=5901

Miss Dirk.
      Class Interview this.

What a player and a man our Dirk is.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #2106: Oct 22, 2012 07:02:38 am
      I'd kill to have Kuyt leading our attack at the moment. I'm sure he would have banged in goals for fun in such a passing game and him playing as striker. I miss him and I think he deserved to win some more cups with us :(
      One of my favorite players
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #2107: Oct 23, 2012 12:58:56 am
      I always have the impression that Dirk is more of a striker than a winger, sadly he never had the chance to play in that position. He's not the most skilful nor the most physical around but when he knows where to place himself inside the box and how to shoot properly, Simply said, we never make full use of his potential. Nevetheless, bygones and I'll wish him all the best and I'll truly remember his as one the greats that scored many crucial goals for us. We miss you Dirk.
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2012 01:19:12 am by redkop63 »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2108: Nov 25, 2012 11:32:13 am
      Seems like Dirk is enjoying himself  :laugh:

GANGNAM STYLE - DIRK KUYT & GÖKHAN GÖNÜL - FB TV
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2109: Nov 25, 2012 11:55:38 am
      He reminded me a bit of Craig Johnstone (?). Not the most gifted of players but his attitude and effort made him the player he is.
      All Liverpool players should be reminded that those two qualities should be a constant in their time at Liverpool.
      Top bloke.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2110: Nov 25, 2012 06:04:57 pm
      Wish some of the present players had Dirks attitude, Downing Henderson to name a few
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2111: Nov 25, 2012 11:55:15 pm
      Miss the Guy.

Honest footballer who always put a shift in.

Sorry that he went in the close season and we couldn.t say good bye or do a testimonial.

Welcome back Dirk   anytime.   Legend.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #2112: Nov 28, 2012 02:19:59 am
      Dirk Kuyt - Liverpool to Fenerbahce: A working class story

Dirk Kuyt must have been quite surprised when he was greeted by hundreds of fans upon first arrival in Turkey, he must have been even more taken aback by the thousands of supporters who turned out to see watch his signing ceremony at the Şükrü Saracoğlu stadium.

Kuyt may have received a heroes welcome however, there were doubts over whether he had made the move solely for the money, whether he could settle in, whether he would really care.

Fenerbahçe signed Kuyt from Liverpool for €1 million this summer. The 32-year-old forward signed a 3 year contract with the Istanbul club worth €2.85 million per season in addition to a match bonus of €17,500.

Kuyt joined Liverpool in 2006 from Dutch giants Feyenoord and went onto represent The Reds 285 times, scoring 71 goals in addition to 38 assists.

However, the former Liverpool star made it very clear from the get go that he was at Fenerbahçe to win silverware.

In his first press conference for his new club, Kuyt said, "I'd like to win trophies with this club, I'd like to win as much as possible and I can't wait to be a player and become a part of the history of this club."

The Netherlands International also made a great impression on the supporters by addressing the fans in Turkish, "Fenerbahçeli olmak ne mutlu bir şey (It's an honour to be a part of Fenerbahçe)."

Whereas in England players are expected to learn English, in Turkey foreign players, especially of Kuyt's status had traditionally been treated like royalty, nobody expected them to learn Turkish and they were given personal interpreters.

Kuyt's message in Turkish may seem insignificant to readers who are accustomed to foreign players being expected to learn the local language, however, in Turkey went down very well and won him a lot of respect.

The 32-year-old forward's motives soon became clear, it was more about his ideals than the money.

Kuyt said, "I considered many offers over the past few weeks, however, after playing at working class teams like Utrecht, Feyenoord and Liverpool it's great to be at a club with similar values."

Fenerbahçe, located on the Asian shores of Istanbul, has it's history rooted in the working=class of the city which stem back to the Allied Occupation of Istanbul between 1918-23.

The occupying forces started adopting draconian measures to suppress the national resistance movement. The death penalty was introduced and anybody found supporting, aiding or abetting the resistance faced severe punishment.

The erosion of political sovereignty, freedom and oppressive laws outraged the inhabitants of Istanbul.

The discontented public began to turn to football as a means to vent their frustration at the ongoing occupation. The national resistance embraced the sport and the power it had to motivate the public. A new lease of freedom was found on the playing fields of Istanbul.

The Turkish youth were given the opportunity to gain a victory over their occupiers. Fenerbahçe FC were one of the clubs at the forefront of giving young Turks a chance to face their enemy on the football pitch.

The club won 41 matches and drew four games against opposition teams made up of occupation troops. Fenerbahçe’s victories surpassed football. It gave hope to the downtrodden masses and support for the club swelled, especially among the working-class.

It wasn't long before Kuyt started impressing fans on the field as well and what better way to get started then scoring a debut goal.

Kuyt opened his Turkish Super League account with a goal against Elazigspor, having since gone on to score 10 times and create six assists the Dutch sensation has gone on to become the most productive attacking player on the team.

The Fenerbahçe forward has been used primarily as a striker, partnering the prolific Moussa Sow. For any Liverpool fans reading this it may seem strange to read that Kuyt is being used as a striker however, he's no stranger to being the front man and played in a similar position in his pre-Liverpool days.

Kuyt has been one of the Yellow Canaries most influential players this season, not only does he work his socks off and give 100 per-cent effort every game. He also motivates the rest of his teammates, he lifts the crowd and he also has a knack of scoring and setting up important goals.

When Fenerbahçe travelled away to Borussia Mönchengladbach in the Europa League they were in the midst of a crisis which threatened to destroy the clubs season from within. Fener legend, Alex De Souza had been unceremoniously thrown out the team, supporters, players and pundits alike were outraged.

The team was in desperate need of a leader, somebody to steer them out of these troubled waters and it was Kuyt who stepped up to the challenge. Kuyt gave a superb performance against Mönchengladbach, scoring and getting an assist in the Canaries 4-2 win.

Two months down the line, Fenerbahçe have already qualified for the Europa League Round of 32 in first position with a game to spare, having defeated AEL Limassol twice and Marseille Stade Vélodrome.

Domestically Fener are flying as well, after a poor start to the season the Istanbul club now find themselves just two points off league leaders Galatasaray. Kuyt has been relishing his role as the teams striker, the Netherlands international along with Raul Meireles often covers the furthest distance on the team. Kuyt's off the ball movement has been impressive, as have his forward runs, final balls and his finishing.

Speaking of Meireles, Kuyt played a role in the Portuguese international's decision to join the Istanbul club from Chelsea.

Meireles told reporters in his first press conference for the club, "I had a great season playing at Liverpool with Kuyt, he told me about Fenerbahçe and encouraged me to make the move.

"Kuyt has told be on several occasions that Istanbul is a beautiful city, I'm very excited about the prospect of playing here."

As impressive as he's been on the field, Kuyt has been just as effective away from the playing fields. Kuyt has been playing the diplomat, helping strengthen relations between the Netherlands and Turkey, even managing to fit in a Turkish Coffee with the Prime Minister.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan met with Kuyt to celebrate 400 years of diplomatic relations between the Netherlands and Turkey.

Kuyt said, "We gave the Prime Minister [Recep Tayyip Erdoğan] a Netherlands national team shirt, he was very happy about that and it was also a very nice and good, relaxed conversation."

Liverpool supporters upset at losing Kuyt for just €1 million this summer can also rest asure that Kuyt is acting as an ambassador of the Reds. The former Reds star has praised his former club on a number of occasions and never has a bad word to say.

Kuyt is also heavily involved in charity work along with his wife, Gertrude. The couple set up the Dirk Kuyt Foundation to help disadvantaged children in his homeland and the Third World through sporting events as well as additional support.

The foundation organizes over 40 G-sporting events a year, giving children involved the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of sports, ranging from synchronized swimming to wheelchair basketball.

In a world where footballers are often criticised for their opulence, free spending and ego-driven pursuit of superstardom, it's a breath of fresh air to see such a down to Earth player. The season isn't even at the half way stage yet however, if Kuyt continues playing this level of football till the end of the league campaign we could have the makings of another Fenerbahçe legend in the near future.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=3837

Top bloke is Dirk.  :gt-happyup:
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #2113: Nov 28, 2012 06:52:39 pm
      thats a fantastic read, made me like fener a bit knowing he chose them over other offers because of the clubs working class background and mentality. if dirk rates them i rate them. i like how he has gone to a fighting club to fight for trophies and wish him success.. maybe not if we come up against them in the europa but.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #2114: May 18, 2013 03:08:05 pm
      Miss the man so much, especially his hair. May just have to rent his house. That may make up for his absense.

http://t.co/Q9NiwAtFHq
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Super Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #2115: Jun 09, 2014 02:40:46 pm
      I know this is random, but I miss Kuyt :(

Always felt he was wasted on the right and should've played center forward to get the best out of him. I'm sure he would've scored a lot more goals.

Quick Reply