Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce -> Feyenoord)

Read 256341 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce -> Feyenoord)
      Reply #2231: Oct 22, 2018 08:39:05 am
      I wish he was still in his early 20's and still playing for us.He put so much effort in playing for our REDS.He is what every young player should aspire to.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2232: Oct 22, 2018 12:08:59 pm

Steady on now, I loved Dirk for his passion and commitment, plus he had a terrific ability to read the game but his finishing and shooting was what let him down, I always found him an incredibly frustrating player to watch as a striker but when he was shifted to a deeper position he became much more useful.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2233: Oct 22, 2018 12:46:41 pm
      Steady on now, I loved Dirk for his passion and commitment, plus he had a terrific ability to read the game but his finishing and shooting was what let him down, I always found him an incredibly frustrating player to watch as a striker but when he was shifted to a deeper position he became much more useful.

A grafter who would run through brick walls for any team he played for and always scored on the big occasions.

Just a big time player, that was all!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2234: Oct 22, 2018 02:00:07 pm

He was pretty consistent every season from a goals point of view and like someone has mentioned - some of the goals were in big games.

I think that makes him a very good player for Liverpool.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2235: Oct 22, 2018 06:23:49 pm
      Thanks for that Huyton'
      Sat here watching this clip and wondering how he would have fitted into the Liverpool team today...

Believe that he would have been the first on Klopp's team sheet. Never stops running (press) always tracked back,and knew how to find the net, But who would he have replaced, and where...?

Only wish that he was 20+ again and signing for LFC so we could find out.  :f_wah:
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2236: Oct 22, 2018 06:33:04 pm
      I wish he was still in his early 20's and still playing for us.He put so much effort in playing for our REDS.He is what every young player should aspire to.
      Sorry mate posted before I read this.... Totally agree with YOUR Sentiments
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2237: Oct 22, 2018 07:30:18 pm
      Thanks for that Huyton'
      Sat here watching this clip and wondering how he would have fitted into the Liverpool team today...

Believe that he would have been the first on Klopp's team sheet. Never stops running (press) always tracked back,and knew how to find the net, But who would he have replaced, and where...?

Only wish that he was 20+ again and signing for LFC so we could find out.  :f_wah:

He was never given a proper run out as a #9 :(  I have no doubt he would have given Firmino a run for his money.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2238: Oct 23, 2018 09:59:42 am

sign him up he is better than his dad already ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2239: Oct 23, 2018 10:02:16 am
      I think he would have been a perfect fit for a Jürgen team his work ethic and team first way of playing would have made him a huge part of the team.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #2240: Oct 23, 2018 10:29:02 am
      Hard working player, who always gave his best, whatever game he was selected to play.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2241: Oct 23, 2018 10:59:00 am
      Was at the game he got his hat trick against the Mancs and Suarez ran the show.

Fantastic player for the club.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2242: Oct 23, 2018 11:26:57 am
      For me he is just below that Legend status but better than a cult hero - the guy ran through brick walls for the club and couldn’t stop scoring crucial goals for the club

His tackle in the derby was brilliant

Klopp would love a 25 year old Kuyt
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2243: Oct 07, 2020 08:07:53 pm
      Can’t believe it’s been 8 years since he left, he just randomly popped to mind, and didn’t realise it had been that long. What a work horse!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2244: Oct 07, 2020 09:53:57 pm
      Can’t believe it’s been 8 years since he left, he just randomly popped to mind, and didn’t realise it had been that long. What a work horse!

He was superb
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2245: Oct 09, 2020 01:31:27 am
      One of my all time faves. Loved Dirk!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2246: Mar 13, 2024 08:09:12 pm
      Was watching some old vids the other day and one was with the guys this guy scored for us

The man was ripped apart by some fan on social media , but he is one of our most underrated players

Klopp would have loved him
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2247: Mar 13, 2024 08:38:04 pm
      Was watching some old vids the other day and one was with the guys this guy scored for us

The man was ripped apart by some fan on social media , but he is one of our most underrated players

He would have been an absolute stalwart under Jürgen as he was for all his time for us. If only he was 10 years younger. I loved him - in my top 5 favourite Liverpool players of all time. He'd run and run and run and run. Hassle, hassle, hassle. Where would he have played in a Klopp team? I reckon in the Bobby role. He'd have been amazing in that role I reckon.

A fantastic player and an even better human being.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2248: Mar 13, 2024 09:11:23 pm
      Never injured, super fit and a big game player! Loved him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2249: Mar 13, 2024 09:25:01 pm

Not much of a fan if he didn't appreciate Dirk
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #2250: Mar 13, 2024 09:58:18 pm
      His gift was his superhuman work-rate, his professional attitude and contribution at key moments, scoring many late and important goals. Not the most technically gifted player we've ever had (can't really compare him to Bobby IMO; Dirk also came in as striker before finding himself out on the wing) but he did link play well and was pretty solid all round, and certainly Klopp would've loved his industry and commitment to the cause, which were absolutely second to none.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2251: Mar 13, 2024 10:17:52 pm
      Not much of a fan if he didn't appreciate Dirk

How the F**k could anyone not LOVE Dirk?

Absolute F***ing ripper for this Club he was.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 80 
      Reply #2252: Mar 13, 2024 10:25:45 pm
      Loved the guy but let's be honest here, much like Origi he was mostly average. Finishing of Jota, work rate of Hendo but technical ability otherwise was average.

Popped up with some big goals and unforgettable moments but over a 5-6 year spell or whatever it was you're not looking to these guys thinking "Gosh remember that Kuyt, he was sublime - what a player he was"

In a world where we have Salah and bench options which included Milner.....he wouldn't have had a look in.
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2024 10:31:09 pm by The-AllMightyReds »
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #2253: Mar 15, 2024 06:01:33 am
      Loved the guy but let's be honest here, much like Origi he was mostly average. Finishing of Jota, work rate of Hendo but technical ability otherwise was average.

Popped up with some big goals and unforgettable moments but over a 5-6 year spell or whatever it was you're not looking to these guys thinking "Gosh remember that Kuyt, he was sublime - what a player he was"

In a world where we have Salah and bench options which included Milner.....he wouldn't have had a look in.

Kuyt was not average, Origi was. He played for his national team for 3 World Cups and was often in the starting X1.
      But Kuyt would have his place in most Premier League team and would score regularly. Origi struggled at AC Milan and is not great at Forest. Kuyt would have an impact on the team.

Kuyt was not Diaz in terms of technical abilities but he was a good football player. You don't have 100 caps for the national team of the Netherlands if you're not above average.

Quick Reply