Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce -> Feyenoord)

Read 259450 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Dirk Kuyt Player Thread
      Reply #851: Jan 15, 2010 12:01:59 am
      How would people judge Kuyt Liverpool career ya he was good last season but he has been as bad this season, he was poor the season before but did okay in his first season.

Personally I think he has been a big let down he came here for £10.75 million Dutch international striker, Dutch player of the year whose goal record was second to none.

After 4 seasons here what is he a workman like right midfielder with little else. I wouldn't be disappointed to see him move on at the end of the season.

Exactly mate. I really feel for Kuyt, brought in as a striker and then converted into a winger, which he is so clearly not. Dirk Kuyt = Lots of effort, no end product. Have to agree, we should get rid of him in the summer, he is a broken man. I genuinely feel that Rafa is to blame for his demise. How anyone would pay nearly 11 million for a striker and then systematically strip his natural attributes away and try and rebuild him is totally beyond me.
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #852: Jan 15, 2010 01:22:25 am
      well i actually believe he could be a decent option at rightback.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #853: Jan 15, 2010 12:13:40 pm
      well i actually believe he could be a decent option at rightback.

He actually started his career as a right back.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #854: Jan 16, 2010 11:51:50 am
      With Nando out i'm expecting Dirk to play up front.

This 'move' could be the thing that rekindles that spark of confidence he's being lacking. I feel, strangely enough, that there may be less pressure on him to preform. As a striker all he has to think about is striking (i hope) and that may bring out the best in him.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #855: Jan 16, 2010 03:23:19 pm
      Gutted that he didn't score that header today, if that went in his confidence would of sky-rocketed. As it is, the matter of an inch means his confidence will be rock bottom.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #856: Jan 16, 2010 04:33:47 pm
      shocking miss
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #857: Jan 16, 2010 04:41:19 pm
      I said this in the match thread at half time.

To be honest JD I was just thinking as I swapped N'Gog for Pacheco, Taking Kuyt off too would leave a lot of expectation and pressure on Pacheco's shoulders.

Plus with a little more creativity and a link from Midfield to attack and crosses coming in from Maxi, Kuyt's head may just be the defining moment.

I wasn't much wrong was I ?.  :D

b***ard wish he buried it.        ;D
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #858: Jan 16, 2010 05:04:52 pm
      Great opportunity to repay Rafa's {blind} faith in him
      at the end there.
      Sadly he's simply just not up to it.
      Why is it every time he hits a ball toward goal
      with his head or boot it hits the ground 1st?
      Then rebounds in any given direction occasionally
      very occasionally goalward.
      Its because he's totally useless & what's
      far worse is we've all known it for years..
      He didnt have a great season last season
      he was just slightly less awful than the previous
      2 and this one.
      Rafa you should have gone to Specsavers
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #859: Jan 16, 2010 05:38:18 pm
      Great opportunity to repay Rafa's {blind} faith in him
      at the end there.
      Sadly he's simply just not up to it.
      Why is it every time he hits a ball toward goal
      with his head or boot it hits the ground 1st?
      Then rebounds in any given direction occasionally
      very occasionally goalward.
      Its because he's totally useless & what's
      far worse is we've all known it for years..
      He didnt have a great season last season
      he was just slightly less awful than the previous
      2 and this one.
      Rafa you should have gone to Specsavers

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #860: Jan 16, 2010 06:19:56 pm
      With Nando out i'm expecting Dirk to play up front.

So, after all that, he didn't play 'up front' but he did play the 'headless chicken' role with his usual aplomb.

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #861: Jan 16, 2010 11:33:29 pm
      Watching him miss that header I couldnt help but feel bad for the lad. He really needed that goal.

Hopefully Maxi coming in will somehow raise his game. Here's hoping anyway.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #862: Jan 17, 2010 02:56:55 am
      Exactly mate. I really feel for Kuyt, brought in as a striker and then converted into a winger, which he is so clearly not. Dirk Kuyt = Lots of effort, no end product. Have to agree, we should get rid of him in the summer, he is a broken man. I genuinely feel that Rafa is to blame for his demise. How anyone would pay nearly 11 million for a striker and then systematically strip his natural attributes away and try and rebuild him is totally beyond me.

Bar paying 11 million quid, Bob Paisley did quite successfully with Ray Kennedy!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #863: Jan 17, 2010 10:55:19 am
      If the right offer comes in in the summer he should be sold.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #864: Jan 17, 2010 01:56:42 pm
      THE missed header summed up his whole season.Time for a change.There is only one more place for him.Left Back.

IN THE DRESSING ROOM.

martynash
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #865: Jan 18, 2010 01:30:44 am
      Bar paying 11 million quid, Bob Paisley did quite successfully with Ray Kennedy!
      You cant compare the two really not
      i like dirk and think he has a lot of heart passion but hes a lille nippy poacher playing in a team devoid of confidence
      hes not getting(in fact none of the strikers are)enough decent service
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #866: Jan 18, 2010 02:56:42 pm
      Some stats this season

League 20 starts 1 sub appearance golas =4
      CL 6 starts 1 goal
      FA cup 2 starts 0 goals
      LC 1 start = 0 goals

29 starts 1 sub appearance 5 goals. Missed 1 game v Leeds in the league cup.

Rafa's best mate and not near good enough according to those figures
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #867: Jan 18, 2010 03:05:28 pm
      Stats don't lie, hate watching him play or try to play should i say.

Feel sorry for him as he is a hard worker but technically he is no use at all.

If we got a decent offer in the summer then yes i would like to see us cash in and try someone new.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #868: Jan 20, 2010 11:07:06 pm
      Took som stick recently so fair play on bagging a brace. Worked hard as always
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #869: Jan 26, 2010 12:03:00 am
      Amusing little article/interview in the Echo...

Dirk Kuyt on his Liverpool 'home from home' - and fish and chip Friday nights
      DIRK Kuyt has made Liverpool a home from home.

The Dutchman has revealed that while his children have developed Scouse accents over the past three-and-a-half years, his family still receive food parcels from Holland.

There is nothing they like more, however, than a plate of fish and chips at the end of the week.

“My food tastes are still very Dutch and my friend Willem brings me my favourite things over from my home village every week,” said the Liverpool player.

“But in our house I am the fish and chips man.

“Every Friday I bring chips for the family.

“I have to stick with the pasta because we usually have a game the next day, but when the match against Spurs was called off recently I got stuck in as well.”

Kuyt and his young family have have taken to life on Merseyside so well that he says he now feels like a Scouser.

He said: “When I moved to England with my family we tried to keep Dutch as our main language in the house. But that has been impossible.

“My eldest daughter Noelle is fluent in English now. In fact, it’s not so much English she speaks as Scouse.

“What makes it even madder is that she talks in a genuine local dialect.

“Scousers talk with some sounds that are similar to Dutch and my daughter is a proper Scouser.

“When we go on holiday she has to speak in a proper English accent so people can understand her. It cracks me up, it is so funny. I must admit that I have become a bit of a Scouser too. I keep noticing I think in English, I count in English.

“Our youngest kids Roan and Jordan have English names and, because they were born in Liverpool, they are genuine Scousers.

“We all feel so much at home here. We hardly ever visit Holland these days.”

Kuyt scored both Liverpool’s goals in a 2-0 win over Tottenham last week that has put the Reds back in contention for a Champions League place.

It has been a difficult season but Kuyt believes the fans have been a credit to the club.

He said: “The fans at Liverpool illustrate what the club is about. I’ve been to a few clubs and in the bad times you get nothing but flak.

“But here? The fans of Liverpool tell you to keep going. They wish you all the best even when things are going badly and you know they are hurting. Amazing.”

Well in Dirk, Liverpool through and through.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #870: Jan 26, 2010 12:55:43 am
      Rafa hails 'right-back' Dirk
      Rafa Benitez today heaped praise on Dirk Kuyt for his role in getting Liverpool back to winning ways - and revealed how the Dutchman offered to play at right-back amid the club's injury crisis.

"He has a fantastic mentality," Benitez told reporters. "We talk about him being a striker who has played on the right because we needed it. He can also play as a second striker.

"When we played in the Cup and Philipp Degen had cramps, he said to me that if I wanted he could play at right-back.

"It's not just his versatility and the fact he's in very good condition, it's his mentality. He's always ready to help the team.

"He is a player that every manager would want in their team. You can play him or not but he's always available, always ready and always helping the team.

"When you talk about a squad or a winning team, you need players with this mentality. If you have to change something for a game or have to put a player out of position, he is always available. That's massive for a manager."

That's what you call a F***ing team player.
      Well in Dirk son
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #871: Jan 26, 2010 01:03:08 am
      Dirk has scored 7 league goals this season while playing from the right wing for the majority.

Thats more than Keane, Crouch and Bellamy, the three super duper strikers that crazy Rafa never should have sold.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #872: Jan 26, 2010 11:50:16 am
      Your right about him scoring more Premiership goals but if you look at goals in all competitions between the four you'll see Dirk is at the bottom of the list of the 4 with more games played. He is the only one of the 4 that has played every game when he is fit

Also I don't know but I'm guessing Kuyt has 1 assist all season I'm sure the other players have more. Ya he has played right midfield nearly all season but Bellamy has played left midfield. One decent performance in the last match is not going to mask Kuyt in general has been awful this season.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #873: Jan 26, 2010 12:29:12 pm
      Also I don't know but I'm guessing Kuyt has 1 assist all season I'm sure the other players have more. Ya he has played right midfield nearly all season but Bellamy has played left midfield. One decent performance in the last match is not going to mask Kuyt in general has been awful this season.

Just for info purposes lads......

Premier League:

Kuyt -     played 1,823 minutes: scored 7 assists 3
      Bellamy - played 1,329 minutes: scored 6 assists 7

..and btw, i agree, Kuyt has been atrocious for the vast majority of the season.

Quick Reply