Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce -> Feyenoord)

Read 256360 times
      Brighty 7
      • Forum Avi Cohen
      • Started Topic

• 26 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce -> Feyenoord)
      Aug 26, 2006 04:10:40 pm
      I thought dirk kuyt looked really quick and powerful wen he came on against west ham :D

what does everyone alse think about kuyt and the game???
      « Last Edit: Oct 26, 2015 11:03:22 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #1: Aug 26, 2006 05:13:24 pm
      Thought he looked very promising, and never looked like he was on his debut, him and Stevie seemed to have is sussed already and i was impressed by his vision and his awareness and his ability to be in the right place at the right time.  Looking forward to watching him in action again, bet Rafa will start him against the blue sh*te.  :D
      reu01
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #2: Aug 26, 2006 06:09:38 pm
      brilliant game, brilliant signin, looks very good and a great futere ahead ov him at anfield.. i cnt wait to see him develop thru the next couple ov years.. he will become a class striker.. because he's young theres alot 4 him 2 improve on.. which cud see him be 1 ov the worlds top strikers

CONGRATS DIRK KUYT ;D
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #3: Aug 26, 2006 07:25:54 pm
      I thought Kuyt was excellent today. He always found space, linked up play well and was n't afraid to have a pop as he showed with his first two touches.

He looks as if he has all the attributes needed for a modern striker, dribbling ability, pace, power and he is strong in the air. His Anfield career has got off to a great start and hopefully his first goal will arrive quickly.

I should mention another star performer today who grabbed his first goal for the club, Daniel Agger what a strike! Looked very solid at the back also and had the ability to step out from the back when he felt the need.

Good day and a lot of positives.
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #4: Aug 26, 2006 10:27:58 pm
      kuyt looked like e can handle himself in the pship.....only thng lacking today was a goal...but i am sure that will come ...hopefully against the 4th side on merseyside

.....aggar reminded me of alan hansen on a couple of occasions when he went forward with the ball. if he turns out half as good weve got a potential wc defender on our books
      supermarkgonzalez
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #5: Aug 26, 2006 10:34:49 pm
      he's been 50 50 on .tv,i think dirk has all the makings of a legend.
      A  bold statement maybe, here goes  "my fellow reds,let me introduce,the new DALGLISH"  :D  WALK ON DIRK.
      lfc_ash
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #6: Aug 26, 2006 10:37:39 pm
      well put it this way if he can live upto his 72 goals in 102 app in holland we do have a new legend for the kop it was a shame he could of scored if that silly linesman n he also set up bellamy but offside again :<

WELL DONE DIRKY !
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 146 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #7: Aug 27, 2006 10:34:28 am
      IN RAFA WE MUST TRUST.
      i must confess, i . along with many other reds, were not keen on Dirk after seeing him in Germany; however i have learnt not to question rafa's judgement and once again i have been very impressed. He had style, vision, composer, power, accuracy and what seemed like tireless legs: he was everywhere.

I can not remember such a great red debut like the one Dirk had.

lets hope he doesn't turn out like Cloughie and Collymore who also had great debuts but rapidly went downhill thereafter.

Can anyone else remember a better debut in a red shirt?
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #8: Aug 27, 2006 10:58:31 am
      the world cup isnt a very good place to scout for players there always seems to be a knee jerk reaction i remember certain players like diouf and phil babb who had great world cups then look what happened.

rafa has tracked kuyt for 2 yrs we nearly bought him before the start of last season but obviously it didnt happen. With the possible exception of josemi rafa wont spend money on players who he doesn't think will work.

With kuyt scoring someting like 70 odd goals in 100 odd appearances and with dutch players having a habit of doing rather well in this country i was looking forward to seeing kuyt play and was well impressed with the 35-40 minutes he had.

Looks like he is willing to work hard on the pitch he isnt afraid to stick his head in or shoot and doesnt mind a tackle and looks quite strong nice 1 dirk so far so good.

Does Robbie Fowlers debut count coz that was some start to a carreer 5 goals
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #9: Aug 27, 2006 11:13:47 am
      very impressed with what i saw, hopefully he can build on that and score many goals in the future. looked like a striker who is devestated when he doesnt score which is just what we need
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #10: Aug 27, 2006 02:27:41 pm
      I thought he was fantastic! He was on the pitch for how long - 15 -20 minutes? And he had 5 attempts on goal? Brilliant, just brilliant. Looks like he's settling into the team nicely.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #11: Aug 27, 2006 04:25:36 pm
      more like 35 - 40 minutes
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 146 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #12: Aug 27, 2006 06:12:37 pm
      god had a sensational debut. i was thinking more of players that we had brought in form other clubs.

question is:

who has had the best  debut for the reds?
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #13: Aug 27, 2006 07:08:05 pm
      kuyt was excellent! very up for it and very confident! does maybe need 2 sort out his shooting from distance but looks quality!

Gerrard played well as always! defensively not great but thatl be sort out soon with carra coming back in! drop sami fo a cupl of matches an play agger! annoyed bellamy hasnt scored in the prem yet but theres always time for a hat-trick againt the scumy blues! YNWA
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #14: Aug 28, 2006 12:39:24 pm
      kuyt looked to attack... this is the differ in crouch... wen crouch receives the ball far back he looks back... kuyt looked forward to attack
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #15: Aug 28, 2006 02:46:50 pm
      I am not one for overflowing with praise on the basis of one game...but..

I think Kuyt is gonna be a bit special.

He looks like he is going to be a constant threat up front.  When he gets the ball he looks like he has tunnel vision for the goal.

He will scare the sh*t out of some defenders.

I think we arguably might have the best strike force in the Premiership now.

It´s up to Rafa to get the best out of them all.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #16: Aug 28, 2006 02:48:22 pm
      Oh and there was some big headline on Die Telegraf (some Dutch newspaper) that I saw today with a picture of Kuyt.

Any Dutch speakers care to translate what it was about?  

It didn´t look dodgy but he was holding up some placard at Feyenoord - maybe it was after his last game or something.

My translational skills got as far as recognising ´Liverpool´in the text.!
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #17: Aug 29, 2006 01:50:29 pm
      Kuyt will be a hit at Anfield.  He put himself about on Sat and made was a threat to West Ham.  He and Stevie Glook like they are on the same wavelength already. Go Kuyt Go!! :D

Rafa will get the best out of him, straight up!
      Garcia10
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #18: Aug 29, 2006 05:22:41 pm
      this guy is gona be great
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #19: Aug 29, 2006 05:31:17 pm
      Jabba he was named Dutch player of the year so it must be something about that !
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #20: Aug 29, 2006 11:04:52 pm
      Super sub, David Fairclough on the Reds first home game

After the game one player in particular was the main topic of conversation - Dirk Kuyt.

Despite failing to mark his debut with a goal, his effort and style made the right impression on everyone. After coming on for Peter Crouch he showed his eagerness to create a positive impact when he flashed a shot past the post with his first touch.

He obviously has the ability to get himself into goal threatening positions and hopefully it won’t take him long before he gets off the mark. He looks to have more to his game than being just a goalscorer, his link play was impressive and his vision to set up Craig Bellamy for the disallowed goal promises hope of an exciting strike partnership.

Rafa was quick to remain guarded about the win because while there were things to enjoy, there are still areas of concern. Last year defensively we looked at times unbreachable but at the moment we are giving away too many sloppy goals and not looking anything like as solid.

One benefit of the two week break will be to give the injured players some time to recover without missing too many games. The loss of Jamie Carragher and John Arne Riise on the first day against Sheffield United was a big blow.

Having to reorganise half of the defence just 30 minutes into the new season was a massive handicap, though it did give Rafa a chance to bring in Daniel Agger and give him a run in the side.

The Dane will feel the benefit of a run in the team. He looks impressive in possession and is always willing to come out of defence with the ball. Though it is presumptuous to compare to him past heroes, not since Alan Hansen have we had a defender who looks as comfortable with the ball at his feet. He doesn’t yet have a reputation for hitting the net with any regularity but after Saturday’s stunning effort he might have just reset the expectancy level.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #21: Aug 29, 2006 11:10:23 pm
      i read somewher he scored 6 in 50 for bromby, for a centre back thats prolific
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Dirk Kuyt
      Reply #22: Aug 31, 2006 12:27:57 pm
      Quote from: "riise' boot boy"
      i read somewher he scored 6 in 50 for bromby, for a centre back thats prolific

That is prolific.  He does look comfortable with the ball at his feet.

He might render our midfield a bit useless if he keeps running through them though!

Quick Reply