Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Glasgow Rangers (Friendly) 2nd August 2008

Read 21219 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Glasgow Rangers (Friendly) 2nd August 2008
      Jun 19, 2008 06:59:19 pm
      Ticket Info to follow.
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2008 06:15:40 pm by mrtommo »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: Glasgow Rangers (Friendly) 2nd August 2008
      Reply #1: Jul 08, 2008 09:11:39 am
      Liverpool FC have released ticket details for our pre-season friendly with Glasgow Rangers. 
      PRE – SEASON FRIENDLY

Glasgow Rangers v Liverpool

To be played at Ibrox Park, Glasgow
      On Saturday 2 August 2008, kick off 3.00pm

Liverpool Football Club have received an allocation of 3164 stand tickets for this ALL TICKET fixture priced as follows,

Adults £20.00
      Over 65s £5.00
      Juniors (under 18) £5.00

Tickets will be available from the Ticket Office from Thursday 10 July 2008, during normal office hours, for as long as supplies last.

Name and address details will be required for each ticket purchased and Fan Card holders should quote their Fan Card number.

Postal Applications and Telephone Credit Card Bookings

Postal applications will be accepted from Thursday 10 July 2008, subject to availability and should include name and address details for each ticket, Fan Card numbers where applicable, the correct remittance and stamped addressed envelope.

Liverpool Football Club
      Ticket Office
      P.O. Box 204
      Liverpool
      L69 4PQ

Telephone credit card bookings will be taken, subject to availability on Telephone No. 0844 844 0844 from Thursday 10 July 2008 and will be subject to a booking fee of 90p per ticket.

The Ticket Office is open Monday – Friday 8.15 am to 5.30pm
      Saturday & Sunday 9.15am to 1.00pm

Please note telephone credit card booking line opens at 8.30am Monday – Friday 
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Jul 10, 2008 12:49:19 pm
      Cant get through at all :(

Anyone fancy runnin to the ground and gettin me 1 adult and 1 kid :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Jul 10, 2008 01:01:20 pm
      Cant get through at all :(

Anyone fancy runnin to the ground and gettin me 1 adult and 1 kid :D

Tell me about it Doddzy !!  :f_steam:

I've been ringing since 8.30 this  morning, Rang 23 times now and I can't even get in the queue, god knows how much its costing to keep ringing............and this is only a friendly  :o

I'd be better off paying someone local to get one for me  ::)
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 10, 2008 02:15:46 pm
      Got through eventually MSG

Apparently there is only one person controlling the ticket office but it is a shambles.

Just gotta keep trying, it should be about 15p each time.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Jul 10, 2008 02:39:08 pm
      Got through eventually MSG

Apparently there is only one person controlling the ticket office but it is a shambles.

Just gotta keep trying, it should be about 15p each time.

Oh Well Done Doddzy, I've rang 29 times now and still no luck !!

Did you get what you wanted?

It's absolutely disgraceful that a club the size of Liverpool haven't got this sorted out :f_steam:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Jul 10, 2008 02:48:01 pm
       :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I am sooooooo upset and angry

I got through.......yippee !!!!!!!!!

and guess what ................the game is SOLD OUT.

How bloody annoying, not a happy bunny after spending about 5 hours trying to get through  :f_steam:
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #7: Jul 10, 2008 03:15:04 pm
      ;D I have not heard them named as "Glasgow Rangers" for a long time!
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #8: Jul 10, 2008 05:17:14 pm
      Sorry to hear that MSG :(

I got what I required but that phone system is a total joke. I had been on the phone to them since 10.30 and eventually got through at 2pm. Worth it in the end though :D
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #9: Jul 12, 2008 08:52:19 pm
      Anyone who got tickets, where are your seats?
      Is it the front tier of the Broomloan stand?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Jul 15, 2008 03:13:32 pm
      Liverpool FC have released additional ticket information for our pre-season friendly with Glasgow Rangers.

PRE – SEASON FRIENDLY

To be played at Ibrox Park, Glasgow
      On Saturday 2 August 2008, kick off 3.00pm

Following the initial sale, Liverpool Football Club have received a further allocation of 1100 stand tickets for this ALL TICKET fixture priced as follows,

Adults £20.00
      Over 65s £5.00
      Junior’s (under 18) £5.00

Tickets will be available from the Ticket Office from Wednesday 16 July 2008, during normal office hours, for as long as supplies last.

Name and address details will be required for each ticket purchased and Fan Card holders should quote their Fan Card number.

Telephone credit card bookings will be taken, subject to availability on Telephone No. 0844 844 0844 and will be subject to a booking fee of 90p per ticket.

MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Jul 17, 2008 10:15:32 am
      I drove all the way to Liverpool yesterday to get tickets for this match, so a big thankyou to Redkenny for sorting me out with tickets.   ;)

Cheers Kenny, nice one  ;D

So I will be able to go to this game now.

Anyone who got tickets, where are your seats?
      Is it the front tier of the Broomloan stand?

My tickets are for Broomloan front.
      Looking forward to this so much.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #12: Jul 19, 2008 03:57:09 pm
      A MESSAGE FROM STRATHCLYDE POLICE

Liverpool Football Club 18 July 2008

On Saturday 2 August 2008, Liverpool FC play Glasgow Rangers FC in a prestigious pre season friendly and Strathclyde Police has issued some advice to fans travelling to Scotland. 
      Welcome to Glasgow and Ibrox Stadium

As the senior police officer (Divisional Commander) responsible for policing this area, may I take this opportunity to warmly welcome the supporters of Liverpool FC to Glasgow and Ibrox that day.

This should be a memorable and enjoyable occasion for all those attending and there will be a robust and effective policing plan put in place to ensure the safety of all those attending, as well as minimising disruption to the roads and rail network and the local community.

This occasion will be a massive event with a sell out crowd of 50,000 anticipated. Entry to the Stadium is by ticket only. Detailed planning has already commenced to ensure success on the day.

I appreciate fully that the vast majority of people attending football matches do so to enjoy themselves and my primary role is to ensure that they can in a safe environment. Unfortunately, there is a minority of people who use football matches as a cover to cause disorder and disruption. Please be reassured that there will be an effective and professional police response to anyone intent on causing disorder at this match.

I appreciate that some supporters may be attending Glasgow for the first time and I would like to inform you of the following:

Street Drinking

There are byelaws in place prohibiting the drinking of alcohol in a public place. It is even an offence to carry an open container of alcohol. Please note that police officers will vigorously enforce this legislation at all times. If you drink alcohol on the streets of Glasgow, you may find yourself receiving a £40 fixed penalty fine. Consequently, please do not consume alcohol in the streets of Glasgow.

Likewise there is no alcohol or controlled containers (i.e. anything designed to hold liquid e.g. cans, bottles etc) of any kind allowed within the Stadium.

Drunkenness

Please drink sensibly on the day. It is an offence to be drunk or even attempt to enter the stadium whilst drunk. Police and Stewards will be extremely alert to this and any person attempting to enter whilst drunk may be arrested. Why run the risk of missing the match?

Drinking/Carrying Alcohol on Buses

Again the consumption and carriage of alcohol on buses to and from the event is prohibited by legislation. It is not only the person found in possession of alcohol that runs the risk of being charged. The hirer of the bus, the driver and the convenor all run the risk.

For your information, there will be a significant police operation conducted to detect such offences and you may find your supporters’ bus being stopped and searched by the police. Consequently, I seek your co-operation in this.

Similarly, the consumption of alcohol on trains is forbidden and British Transport Police will be enforcing this legislation.

There will be a full traffic management plan in place to ensure the free flow of traffic to and from Ibrox. This plan will be published fully using a variety of media outlets. Please monitor the official Glasgow Rangers FC website as well as http://www.strathcyde.police.uk

As the date of this event draws closer, I will ensure that all necessary communication is made available. Should you require further information I offer my Operational Planning Unit on 0141 532 5594 or contactus@strathclyde.pnn.police.uk

To re-iterate, please enjoy this occasion, irrespective of the result. Should you require any information or help on the day, Strathclyde Police will be on hand to assist all visitors. Please feel free to approach any officer. You will be treated with respect, courtesy and friendliness.

I wish you a memorable visit to Glasgow and Ibrox Stadium on 2 August 2008.

Robin Howe
      Chief Superintendent

Better behave meself then  :o

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #13: Jul 19, 2008 04:23:20 pm
      They didn't mention nothing about streaking MsG, so at least you'll be alright on that score.  ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14: Jul 19, 2008 04:26:41 pm
      They didn't mention nothing about streaking MsG, so at least you'll be alright on that score.  ;)

Your definitely being a bit cheeky now Kenny !!  :lmao:
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #15: Jul 19, 2008 04:28:09 pm
      Bad memories of Ibrox :(
      Last time I was their was for my Scottish team, Livingston.
      Beat 3-0 :(
      Lets hope the Reds can get a win for me :D
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #16: Jul 21, 2008 10:21:05 pm
      Why would you want to get a ticket for Mordor?

I've been their once and it was scary (was with my dad at the time!), and that was before we entered the ground. Glasgow is not a nice place. Just my opinion.

Anyway, anyone know of any supporter groups for LFC up here in Jockland?
      Sinno-91
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #17: Jul 22, 2008 03:19:18 pm
      I've got 2 spare u18's tickets £5 each ROW Q BROOMLOAN FRONT. If you're over 18 but still interested the tickets have a big £20 (adult price) with just a tiny "concession" written on the part that is to be given up. Should get past the stewards. Been looking how you all do it so it seems like 1st come 1st serve.
      steviegerrardisalegend
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      • stevie gerrard the 8th wonder of the world
      Reply #18: Jul 24, 2008 03:38:32 pm
      cant wait for this game as my coach is a life long rangers fan.hope we beat them like 3-0:P. does anyone have a link for the game so I can watch it please as I am desperate to watch the game
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: Jul 25, 2008 12:05:49 am
      cant wait for this game as my coach is a life long rangers fan.hope we beat them like 3-0:P. does anyone have a link for the game so I can watch it please as I am desperate to watch the game

Keep an eye on this thread before the game.  ;)

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,1288.380.html
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #20: Jul 25, 2008 03:34:12 pm
      Where is everyone drinking before the game, want to get the songs going :D
      RICKY RED
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Reply #21: Jul 25, 2008 10:06:38 pm
      Evening all   ,  Just signed up looks good.  Im off to see the Red's at Ibrox never been to Glasgow before what's it like ??  and where are we drinking ???
      MsGerrard
      Reply #22: Jul 25, 2008 10:36:03 pm
      Evening all   ,  Just signed up looks good.  Im off to see the Red's at Ibrox never been to Glasgow before what's it like ??  and where are we drinking ???

I've never been to Ibrox either  :o Looking forward to this match.

Let's make some noise guys  ;)

Welcome to the forum Ricky Red  ;D
      RICKY RED
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Reply #23: Jul 25, 2008 10:58:17 pm
      Thanks MsG ,   ;)

Me too I'm gagging for a game .........  Can't wait to see what the Jocks have to offer  :lmao:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #24: Jul 25, 2008 11:04:50 pm
      Thanks MsG ,   ;)

Me too I'm gagging for a game .........  Can't wait to see what the Jocks have to offer  :lmao:

No probs  ;D

It seems ages since the season finished doesn't it? Although I bet it doesn't to the players  :f_tongueincheek:

Hope to see all if not some of the Spanish lads next Saturday
      RICKY RED
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Reply #25: Jul 26, 2008 12:37:35 pm

No probs  ;D

It seems ages since the season finished doesn't it? Although I bet it doesn't to the players  :f_tongueincheek:

Hope to see all if not some of the Spanish lads next Saturday

Ages is an understatment ...... :f_doh:

Im sure the Spaniards will show up at El Madrigal for a pre-Rangers warm-up   ???

BrianRfc
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #26: Jul 27, 2008 04:28:40 pm
      Hi i am a Rangers fan and here is some info on Glasgow and Ibrox

Trains run direct to Glasgow Central Station in Glasgow city centre.
      Coaches arrive at Buchanan Bus Station also in the city centre.
      Both are walking distance to everything in the city centre or a short taxi trip if you don't know your bearings.  Anything over £5 and you've been taken the tourist route by the cabby.

When you are heading to Ibrox for the match use the underground trains and get off at the Ibrox stop, the stadium is a 2 minute walk from it.
      The underground stops in the city centre are Buchanan Street and St Enoch, both of which are very easily found as they are in the middle of the main shopping areas of the city.
      The underground train take just over 5 minutes from the city centre to Ibrox and costs around £2 for an unlimited day travel ticket.

There are plenty of pubs within walking distance of Ibrox which you will be  made welcome in but you will have to get off the underground at the stop before Ibrox (Cessnock stop) if you want to go to any.
      The most well known pubs here are The Loudon and The District, both of which are football pubs with Rangers memoribillia on show.
      The walk from here is only 5 minutes to the stadium.

Liverpool fans will receive just over 3100 tickets for part of the Broomloan Road stand at Ibrox which is behind the goals.

Hope everyone who makes the trip up has a good day/weekend and enjoys their visit to Ibrox.

If anyone has anything else they would like to know then feel free to ask and I'll try to help.

This is a seating plan so you can see where your seat is if you want to

And this is the Broomloan Stand which you will get some of
      MsGerrard
      Reply #27: Jul 27, 2008 05:15:10 pm
      Brian Rfc,

Thanks for the info mate, most helpful.  ;D

Is there plenty of parking around the ground, is there anywhere you would suggest ?

Looking forward to a good game and a good atmosphere.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: Jul 27, 2008 05:54:20 pm
      I cant wait for this match and I wish I could get there to see it instead of watching it on t.v :(
      BrianRfc
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #29: Jul 27, 2008 08:15:58 pm
      Brian Rfc,

Thanks for the info mate, most helpful.  ;D

Is there plenty of parking around the ground, is there anywhere you would suggest ?

Looking forward to a good game and a good atmosphere.

There is a few car parks around the stadium. Most of them charge about £5 and i think there is a car park for away fans on Broomloan road.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #30: Jul 27, 2008 09:04:47 pm
      There is a few car parks around the stadium. Most of them charge about £5 and I think there is a car park for away fans on Broomloan road.

Cheers Brian  ;D
      RICKY RED
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Reply #31: Jul 28, 2008 12:45:49 pm
      Thanks Brian ..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just been on LFC.tv and they have just released some returned tickets for general sale,get in quick if you havn't already got your's !!!!
      Latest Ticket News

Last updated : 28 July, 2008 11:51 AM 
      Friendly at Ibrox
      02 Aug 2008

All sales commence at 8.30am unless stated.
      Thu Jul 10 Sun Jul 13 General Sale   
      Mon Jul 28 Mon Jul 28 General Sale There are a limited number of returned tickets for this fixture.

Buy By Phone : 0844 844 0844 (0870 2202151 non UK)

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2008 12:56:48 pm by RICKY RED »
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #32: Jul 28, 2008 06:07:13 pm
      Buzzin cause its my first Reds game   :)
      Miss the opening game of the season for Livingston tho  :-\ But itll hopefully be worth it :)
      BrianRfc
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #33: Jul 28, 2008 07:05:31 pm
      There should be a quite good atmosphere because the Broomloan is the stand where the singing really begins ;D. Its like yous have the Kop and thats where the best atmosphere is and the Broomloan is the best place for an atmosphere in Ibrox. Some people might come back with a headache if they are close to the Blue Order (a group in the Broomloan) because they have drums ;D.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #34: Jul 28, 2008 08:17:25 pm
      Im immune to the druming :P Stand next to them at Almondvale and sometimes end up playing them :D
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #35: Jul 31, 2008 04:26:26 pm
      Where is everyone drinkin before the game>?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #36: Jul 31, 2008 05:03:27 pm

At home  ;)  :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #37: Jul 31, 2008 05:07:21 pm

:D :D Starting early then Smiggs?  ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #38: Jul 31, 2008 05:07:59 pm

You know me so well Mr Lawler  :D :D
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #39: Jul 31, 2008 09:37:06 pm

Wherever you are, I'll be their ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #40: Jul 31, 2008 11:43:46 pm
      Wherever you are, I'll be their ;)

Spooky! Do we have our first forum ghost?
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #41: Jul 31, 2008 11:46:47 pm
      No, its cause i'm going to the game with him :P
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #42: Aug 01, 2008 12:06:11 am
      Honestly Kenny the lad follows me everywhere :(:P

Might have to phone the bizzies on him :D
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #43: Aug 01, 2008 12:12:47 am
      Mate just remember who's got the tickets :P
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #44: Aug 01, 2008 01:12:39 am
      Now now lads, we'll have no domestics on here.  :D

Just make sure you get MsGerrard a bevvy.  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #45: Aug 01, 2008 01:13:55 am

or it will be more than a domestic ;) :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #46: Aug 01, 2008 01:34:53 am
      Now now lads, we'll have no domestics on here.  :D

And not just one either  :lmao: :lmao:
      RICKY RED
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Reply #47: Aug 01, 2008 11:10:02 am
      Never been to Glasgow before,Going up with my Brother. What's a good pub to have a couple in before the game ?
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #48: Aug 01, 2008 12:22:00 pm
      Just look for a pub full of Red, thats the most likely place for a good drink :P
      RICKY RED
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Reply #49: Aug 01, 2008 12:29:34 pm
      Yeah , I think that's exactly what I'll do ........ ;)

Can't wait to get up there, Off to the Airport now  ;D ;D ;D

Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #50: Aug 01, 2008 12:30:43 pm
      Might see ye their mate, have a good flight :)

Quick Reply