Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Van der Vaart (Hamburg)

Read 7082 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Van der Vaart (Hamburg)
      Jun 22, 2008 01:58:12 pm
      Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool battle for Van der Vaart
      June 22, 2008

Hamburg midfielder Rafael van der Vaart is a target for Premiership giants Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

The News of the World says Anfield boss Rafa Benitez is the latest to show interest in the 25-year-old playmaker.

Megabucks Chelsea are already on his trail.

And United will turn their attention to Van der Vaart if Cristiano Ronaldo leaves Old Trafford for Real Madrid.

I think he is one of the best midfielders, and if we sign him I would be happy :)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Van der Vaart (Hamburg)
      Reply #1: Jun 22, 2008 02:19:28 pm
      I remember when GH was the manager we were always linked with this guy every summer and really my opinion never changed that I would love to see him at Liverpool :)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2: Jun 22, 2008 02:41:03 pm
      To be honest i think he'll end up at Barca because there getting rid of alot of players atm and new player are going to come in so i expect to see van der vaart at barca. I think he's a great player but id rather get an out and out winger first
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #3: Jun 22, 2008 02:43:18 pm
      News of the World? Pfft.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #4: Jun 22, 2008 02:46:21 pm
      Whatever the source, I'd like it to be true. Just wondering where we are gonna get the money from.

We won't get Silva and VDV, so it's one or the other at best. Not really sure which I'd prefer.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 22, 2008 03:07:17 pm
      Whatever the source, I'd like it to be true. Just wondering where we are gonna get the money from.

We won't get Silva and VDV, so it's one or the other at best. Not really sure which I'd prefer.
      Silva all day long for me mate think we could do without Van Der Vaart at the moment to be honest top player though
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #6: Jun 22, 2008 03:37:05 pm
      Van der Vaart is the superior of the two when it comes to him and silva BUT to be fair he has 3 years more expereince. Astonishingly good player though hamburg have done well to keep him this long.

I would love to get him, especially ahead of those two. His creativity is amazing to watch he always finds a way to pull something amazing off, him along with sneijder help the dutch side alot. I do think Silva will be better then him when he reached 25 though, silva has similar attributes and they can both play in most attacking positions.

I think if i had to choose out of silva and van der vaart although i think the latter is the better player now, i would take silva due to how good he is at 22, i prefer players who are younger as i think youth is the way forward (mixed with experience of course) and i think he would fit in very well in our side, he can only get better and im all for having more spainish players in the side.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #7: Jun 22, 2008 08:45:40 pm
      For me 1 of the best players of the Euros so far.  Sadly though don't really know where we could fit him in??  Would love to see him in red and the only way we could accomodate him is if Stevie went out on the right and he played in the centre with Masch.  Your thoughts...?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #8: Jun 22, 2008 09:49:58 pm
      For me 1 of the best players of the Euros so far.  Sadly though don't really know where we could fit him in??  Would love to see him in red and the only way we could accomodate him is if Stevie went out on the right and he played in the centre with Masch.  Your thoughts...?

Why when he plays predominantly from the wide positions. He was in the centre yesterday because robben was injured so he went in the centre and sneijder went out wide.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #9: Jun 23, 2008 12:26:25 am
      I think he should sign for us because he has one of those names that will sound great when us scousers talk about him.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #10: Jun 23, 2008 10:30:20 am
      Van der Vaart is a little team cancer. In Hamburg he demanded trades on several occasions. He isn't very loyal and he makes no doubt of that fact. He's also a little Beckham-type-of-player, esp. with his pretty and outgoing wife. He could cause trouble. I don't see this with Silva. Also Silva is younger.

I don't want vdV...well I wouldn't be sad either if we get him, but Silva would be my prefered choice :).
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #11: Jun 23, 2008 10:44:49 am
      I read in the paper at work yesturday that rafa wants vdv to fill the number 7 shirt, finally we would have someone worthy after kewells... mishaps but then again whats wrong with silva as number 7... or villa for that matter
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #12: Jun 23, 2008 11:08:17 am
      I have to say that I thought Silva and Villa were pretty poor last night against top opposition.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #13: Jun 23, 2008 11:12:16 am
      I have to say that I thought Silva and Villa were pretty poor last night against top opposition.

Lets be honest so was torres but then again in the premiership your not going to:

a) Come up against a top team that sets up shop from the start
      b) Any team that does try it certainly doesnt have the quality and experience of the Italy defence.
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #14: Jun 23, 2008 11:19:26 am
      Lets be honest so was torres but then again in the premiership your not going to:

a) Come up against a top team that sets up shop from the start
      b) Any team that does try it certainly doesnt have the quality and experience of the Italy defence.
      true, mate.

But I thought Villa (for example)) kept making bad decisions (all night long).

When the going got tough, they were found wanting.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #15: Jun 23, 2008 12:17:06 pm
      Silva had a good game imo, created chances for others, once again got fouled blatantly near the box and got no decision.

As for van der vaart being unloyal, think about hamburgs level asin how good or bad they are and compare it to that of us chelsea mancs, barca, real etc. think of the fact he has had interest from these clubs but refused to just leave hamburg when he could have gone to a better club and earned so much more money playing in a better league. He seems loyal to his club to me, he has had quite a few opportunities to leave them, he's their best player but he has stayed all this time.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #16: Jun 23, 2008 07:57:57 pm
      I remember Van Der Vaart got a lot of stick Johan Cryuff when he made the move to Germany because wasn't a big enough club for a top Dutch player to be playing in.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #17: Jun 23, 2008 08:23:37 pm
      I remember Van Der Vaart got a lot of stick Johan Cryuff when he made the move to Germany because wasn't a big enough club for a top Dutch player to be playing in.

Thats what i mean, i respect him for going there, its good to see not all the players around nowadays are eager to shoot straight to a huge club the instant they get a chance.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #18: Jun 24, 2008 12:06:12 pm
      But at 25 he better get a move along.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #19: Jun 24, 2008 06:57:48 pm
      Why when he plays predominantly from the wide positions. He was in the centre yesterday because robben was injured so he went in the centre and sneijder went out wide.

Was genuinely hoping that would be the case.  Id defo take a look at signing him then, he's looked very sharp throughout the Euros.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #20: Jun 25, 2008 11:54:15 am
      Thats what I mean, I respect him for going there, its good to see not all the players around nowadays are eager to shoot straight to a huge club the instant they get a chance.

Maybe he was a boyhood HSV supporter? Bit like Totti was a Roma supporter and never wants to leave... thats all i can come up with
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #21: Jul 01, 2008 09:10:54 am
      Rafa to return with third bid for Dutch ace?

Rafael van der Vaart could be on his way to Liverpool. The playmaker, who impressed greatly as a key member of the Dutch attack which decimated both Italy and France, has made his desire for a move public.

Currently emplyed by Hamburg in Germany, it’s been rumored that he is ready for bigger pastures for some time now.

He said, “I’ve had a wonderful time. Hamburg have made me the player that i am. I will always love the fans and everything that this club has given to me. There comes a time when its just right to move on, and I think that moment is now.”

According to BBC Sport, Liverpool have had two offers turned down.  With these comments, however, they might be forced to sell their prime asset.

From KOP TV
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22: Jul 01, 2008 09:40:41 am
      Brilliant! But somehow i see this as adios to David Silva.

Quick Reply