Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

John Arne Riise - Player Thread

Read 35683 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Re: John Arne Riise - Player Thread
      Reply #299: Jun 19, 2008 12:11:57 pm
      Good luck in Italy John, he's only 27, feels like he's been around forever!! Heopefully he can recapture his best form in Italy for Roma.

Thanks for the memories JAR, theres been a few!! YNWA.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #300: Jun 19, 2008 12:39:06 pm
      Good luck JAR thanks for the memories,ill never forget the free kick against Utd cracking off the bar and in.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #301: Jun 19, 2008 01:56:58 pm
      Let's just forget this season yeah JAR? Good servant to the club over his career, given us plenty of golden moments but I think maybe it's time for him to move on. Best of luck in Roma though, one season of mediocracy isn't going to take away from his years of stellar service.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #302: Jun 19, 2008 02:12:54 pm
      Let's just forget this season yeah JAR? Good servant to the club over his career, given us plenty of golden moments but I think maybe it's time for him to move on. Best of luck in Roma though, one season of mediocracy isn't going to take away from his years of stellar service.

Well said mate. He has given us some great memories in the past, and more importantly you could tell that when he hasn't been up to scratch this season he has been genuinely gutted unlike some players who couldn't really give a sh*t as long as they're picking up their paycheck.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #303: Jun 19, 2008 02:32:38 pm
      CARRAGHER HAILS ROMA-BOUND RIISE
      Paul Eaton 19 June 2008
         Jamie Carragher today paid tribute to John Arne Riise after the Norwegian international brought his Anfield career to an end.
      Riise has signed a four year contract with Italian giants AS Roma - effective from July 1 - after Liverpool agreed a fee for his services with the Serie A side.

Carragher has enjoyed all of the highs and lows at Anfield with Riise over the past seven years and insists the Norwegian can be proud of the role he played in helping secure Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup success for the Reds.

"John Arne has been a great player for Liverpool for six or seven seasons now," said Carragher.

"He has played nearly 350 games and scored a lot of goals. He won the Champions League with us and he's still at a good age, I think 27 or 28 now.

"He's played at a very high level for a long time now. He's never injured and he's a great professional who has always looked after himself. He can be very proud of what he's achieved with Liverpool."
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      Reply #304: Jun 19, 2008 04:13:19 pm
      RIISE: I WANTED A NEW EXPERIENCE
      Paul Hassall 19 June 2008
         John Arne Riise has spoken for the first time of his delight at completing his move to Serie A giants AS Roma.
      The Norwegian full-back, who has signed a four year deal with Luciano Spalletti's side, is relishing the chance to experience a new style of football and admits he can't wait to begin his new challenge in the Italian capital.

"I wanted a new experience and to get to know a new type of football," said Riise.

"I chose Roma because they are a great club with great fans and they won the Coppa Italia.

"I met the Coach and I will listen to him and try to give my best. The passion of Luciano Spalletti struck me and now I will try and learn Italian so that I can get to work.

"I'm the kind of player who gives everything he has for the team and I want to thank my new boss for wanting me here.

"Roma have experienced players. I know Ludovic Giuly from my time at Monaco where we played together and Francesco Totti is a phenomenon.

"Then there's Daniele De Rossi, who is one of the best midfielders in Europe and who is growing into a truly great player."

After seven years with Liverpool, the decision to swap Anfield for Serie A did not come easily, but after speaking to his Norwegian international teammate, John Carew - himself a former Roma player - Riise is convinced he has made the right decision.

"I spoke to John and he said good things about the atmosphere," he added.

"I have only just arrived and I immediately feel at home. The city is very beautiful and the weather is splendid – it's even warm at nine o'clock in the morning."
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #305: Jun 19, 2008 05:12:42 pm
      Should we meet in the Champions League, you can redeem yourself with an own goal aite? We don't want one of those scorchers against us though haha.

God speed JAR!   
      « Last Edit: Jun 19, 2008 05:18:35 pm by Darth Joe »
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #306: Jun 19, 2008 10:53:46 pm
      Ill never forget the memories you have provided. Good luck lad
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      Reply #307: Jun 20, 2008 07:41:51 am
      Riise with his new t-shirt.
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #308: Jun 20, 2008 01:03:15 pm
      The orange bits on the collar and sleeves clash with his hair
      zimmy1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #309: Jun 20, 2008 01:20:54 pm
      good luck  JAR , all the best. You'll allways be welcome....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #310: Jun 20, 2008 05:00:44 pm
      Ill give my honest assesment of Riise. Done my head in for his near refusal to use his right foot for a long time and it came to head with that own goal. I could have killed him that night with my bare hands.

However his first 4 years at the club he was a top player his last 2 werent great by any standard and for that reason I believe this is the right move for John and for Liverpool. But my biggest memory of John Arne Riise wont be any own goals or poor performances it will be the fact that in 2005 in Istanbul he was there he was one of the heroes. Indeed he was the man who put the ball on Stevies head for the start of the comeback. In time he willl be remembered as one of the giants of Istanbul and will rightly have is place in Liverpool folklore

Good luck to you John in Rome Y.N.W.A 
      MsGerrard
      Reply #311: Jun 20, 2008 11:37:56 pm
      Ill give my honest assesment of Riise. Done my head in for his near refusal to use his right foot for a long time and it came to head with that own goal. I could have killed him that night with my bare hands.

However his first 4 years at the club he was a top player his last 2 werent great by any standard and for that reason I believe this is the right move for John and for Liverpool. But my biggest memory of John Arne Riise wont be any own goals or poor performances it will be the fact that in 2005 in Istanbul he was there he was one of the heroes. Indeed he was the man who put the ball on Stevies head for the start of the comeback. In time he willl be remembered as one of the giants of Istanbul and will rightly have is place in Liverpool folklore

Good luck to you John in Rome Y.N.W.A 

Well put Brian...........A lot of people are quick to criticise but slow to praise.

I can only give him my best, he's had a torrid time these last few months with one thing and another.

Put it behind you John and start a new life in Italia.

Good Luck mate.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #312: Jun 21, 2008 12:44:35 am
      Good luck JAR thanks for the memories one of the best left footed shots in the world just ask Alan Smith ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #313: Jun 21, 2008 01:18:35 am
      he scored 31 goals for us and i expect 30 of them were with his left foot but what a left foot he had.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #314: Jun 21, 2008 02:29:43 am
      Good luck john ,wish you all the best , fantastic player in my eyes and good luck in Italy.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #315: Jun 21, 2008 10:30:31 am
      Sometimes in life it is just time to move on thanks for the memories JOHN,  my mate who is only 33 has had a big stroke but he can still say the words JOHN ARNE RISE WE WANT TO KNOW HOW DID YOU SCORE THAT GOAL .Good luck in Italy.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #316: Jun 21, 2008 06:06:02 pm
      Well its a shame you has to leave on a low JAR but still good luck to you in italy YNWA
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #317: Jun 21, 2008 11:18:47 pm

looks like x-rated excitement from JAR!
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #318: Jun 22, 2008 02:35:48 am
      Yeah its a shame that he couldnt leave  having played in his third champions league final and second victory but what a great servant to the club and a great ambassador. Would be good to see him take a back room or coaching role sometime in the future.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #319: Jun 22, 2008 11:58:13 am
      John thanks for the memories we will be forever grateful for your time spent at the club.

Here's a few clips I like to remember:

Skum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoGf-Agz6q8

Celtic (crazy yanks commentary)  :lmao:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW2d-QrnFgA&feature=related

Chavs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBq09ZJe3qg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPCrMijaMIw&feature=related

Farewell John Arne Riise and thanks for 7 great years service, good luck with Roma :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjlBMmCY-4U&feature=related

« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2008 12:12:06 pm by AJ »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #320: Jun 22, 2008 02:22:03 pm
      Cheers for that, AJ!  ;) Whilst I love the length of the pitch v. Chavs, the ones V. Mancs and Celtic summed him up best - when he hit the ball like that, he could have been 45 yards out and not 25 yards, it still would have found the back of the net before the keeper even reacted!  :o

JAR - YNWA
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #321: Jun 22, 2008 04:29:05 pm
      brilliant post AJ , priceless goals i really enjoyed watching then again, shame there wont be any more from JAR well not for us anyway.

Quick Reply