Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

John Arne Riise - Player Thread

Read 35672 times
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Re: John Arne Riise - Player Thread
      Reply #322: Jun 22, 2008 09:06:35 pm
      We couldn't have asked better comittment from a player, a true pro.  Good luck John!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #323: Jun 22, 2008 10:31:09 pm
      With John Arne Riise gone, are Liverpool now, ironically, a ginger-free club?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #324: Jun 22, 2008 11:53:37 pm
      With John Arne Riise gone, are Liverpool now, ironically, a ginger-free club?

David Martin is ginger
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #325: Jun 23, 2008 12:12:08 am
      And never played for Liverpool's first team either.

Rafa Benitez is 'gingerist' shocker.  Expect to see it in next week's NOTW.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #326: Jun 23, 2008 02:23:55 am
      Sorry lfc court but why does the forum name change all the time?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #327: Aug 24, 2008 08:36:42 pm
      Nice to see Riise in the starting 11 against Inter Milan. inter milan is leading 1 - 0 (Muntari)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #328: Aug 24, 2008 09:27:24 pm
      How has he been playing at Roma?
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      Reply #329: Aug 24, 2008 10:22:41 pm
      Playing well. Super cup gone into extra time 2 - 2

Inter Milan Wins on penalty shootout. The special one wins another trophy. Now we'll never hear the end of it.
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2008 10:52:05 pm by solodee »
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      Reply #330: Sep 02, 2008 07:33:44 pm
      http://www.caughtoffside.com/2008/09/02/liverpool-cult-hero-says-thanks-to-best-supporters-in-the-world/

Dear fans of Liverpool FC,

After seven seasons at Anfield, it’s time for me to “walk on”. In many ways, it feels inspiring and exciting to be familiar with the pressure of a new employer, meet new fans, meet a new culture and play a new kind of football. I look forward to this new adventure, but I travel with a loss.

Because, it’s not easy for me to leave you - the world’s best supporters! I’ve been thinking about this almost every day this summer. After seven wonderful seasons, and more than 340 matches for Liverpool, I never had the opportunity to make a real and proper goodbye with you - the world’s most motivating fans. You have always supported me and the team and I want you all to know how important you’ve been to me and the other players.

I’ve been giving my “thank you” to the club, the staff and the players and they’ll always have a special place in my heart. And this is my thankyou letter to all the fans out there that have been supporting me during these years. I will follow the team closely from Italy and will stay in touch with many of the players and many of my friends in Liverpool.

With respect to the many hundreds of great moments I have experienced in red, it will be unfair to draw up one highlight rather than another. There has always been the highlight of wearing the red shirt at Anfield. It’s always been a privilege to have the initials LFC on the space closest to the heart. As you all know I was a player who always, no matter what, gave 110 per cent in every training session and every game. I always tried to give you the entertainment you deserved. Even in the bad moments you were there for me and the team.

To play in front of the red crowd, every minute has been a privilege. Even after my unfortunate own goal against Chelsea in the Champions League semi last April - where all our dreams were crushed - I felt the support and sympathies from you as real and important. When I signed seven years ago, I couldn’t in my wildest dreams expect the journey you all gave me. I will always be grateful for that. A big thank-you to you all.

I’m 100 per cent sincere when I say that I will always remember all the great moments we’ve had and you - our fans - have such great importance for these great matches and great moments. Liverpool FC will have a lot more great moments like this in the future and I hope that I will experience great things with my new team - AS Roma. I hope you will continue to follow my career.

Therefore, I do not say goodbye, but so long. Arrivederci - Walk on!

Sincerely,

John Arne Riise
      “The ginger”. (Liverpoolfc.tv.)
      ________________________ ________________________ _________

Good letter
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #331: Sep 02, 2008 09:34:42 pm
      I just read this on another website and thought how nice it was of him.
      Top guy, YNWA John :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #332: Sep 02, 2008 10:07:42 pm
      nice of him to do that, shows he truly was a red and always tried to give his all
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #333: Sep 02, 2008 10:36:59 pm
      He's a true red is Riise if he ever wanted to re-sign I'm sure we'd welcome him with open arms! top bloke still got a lot of game in him yet though and may even use it against us  :o
      RedArmy96
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts | -1 
      • What we achieve in life, Echoes in eternity
      Reply #334: Sep 02, 2008 11:11:04 pm
      Great Letter to the fans, Thought he was great player, but was poor last season and had to be replaced

Ynwa John Arne
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #335: Sep 03, 2008 05:01:12 am
      A very nice gesture in a time where so many footballer only concentrate on the zero's on their pay packet.  Riise has the time to show gratitude to us, I for one will try and take time out to check how well he is doing at Roma.  He gave us some very memorable moments, it was the time for both parties to part ways, especially after reading his comments, you just don't want to do a Crouch on a personality like that.  Good luck Riise, YNWA.
      hex85uk
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #336: Sep 05, 2008 12:20:06 pm
      Heres the link for the thread about the open letter

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,9215.0.html
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #337: Oct 09, 2008 12:48:14 pm
      FFS RIISE!!! ;D

Roma defender John Arne Riise insists that he needs some time before he shows his best in the Giallorossi shirt.

The Norwegian international joined the Lupi from Liverpool this summer in a move that met with enthusiasm from the fans.

But Luciano Spalletti's men have struggled so far this term and Riise is yet to make his mark in Serie A.

“I just need time - give me a few months,” Riise told Dagbladet.

“I didn't have the best of starts but we have picked up some positive results at home.

“However, I am still optimistic because it is early in the season and we will see what happens come June.

“As I said when I moved here in the summer, I will need a few months to adapt to a new type of football and a new system.

“I'm well aware that I have to improve and that the best thing to do is to play through the problems.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct9d.html
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #338: Oct 09, 2008 12:51:15 pm
      Sure sure John ::)

Quick Reply