Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Battlefield: Bad Company

Read 3953 times
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Battlefield: Bad Company
      Jun 25, 2008 09:19:04 am
      Below is the post re Bad Company made on Sweet Flag.

Get the demo via PSN.

http://sweetflag.wordpress.com/2008/06/22/battlefield-bad-company-preview/

With Call of Duty: World at War getting the share of attention this week, it could be easy to forget a soon to be released(27th June) title from EA, Battlefield:Bad Company.

Both Tom & I are really excited by this FPS, each of us have tried are corresponding consoles demo(PS3 for me, XB360 for Tom), so what caught our eye the most?

DM’s thoughts:

Regroup at the smoke

Well destructible environments; trees, buildings & walls & vehicles all are done in majestic war styling.

Driving vehicles during missions add to already large array of game exploits that this FPS has. In the demo you get to drive around in one of the armoured vehicles with a dozen or so more to utilise in the full game.

The sounds of war are almost overpowering & certainly add to that disorientation feel of how armed combat should feel.

Weapon fire feels right for each type encountered in the demo, while aiming through a sight showing giving your arms a very slight shake in the process.

Voice acting sounds strong within B Company & cut scenes are really well paced, normally you know when one’s coming once the command to regroup at the smoke is given.

Tom’s thoughts:

Blowing Stuff Up

Now I’ve personally been a huge fan of the Battlefield series from BF: 1942 all the way up to BF: 2142, and not once did DICE disappoint. The FPS genre so far this year has had little Innovation, however Battlefield: Bad Company attempts to change that.

The big thing that DICE have added this time round, which is considered a gimmick to some, is the destructible environments. Playing the multiplayer on the Demo really shows how much the destructible environments add to the game play. When you’re defending your base, you really have to consider someone can enter from any angle and blow up the gold Crates, which makes the game that much more tactical than your average run and gun shooter.

The destructible environments could be seen as a gimmick in the single player campaign, however in the multiplayer it can be seen as one of the best features to be added to an online game in a long, long time.

The Campaign

We only get a short glimpse of the campaign in the demo; however it looks like its going to follow an actual story line, unlike previous Battlefield titles. How strong this storyline will be, we won’t know until we play the full game, however it does look to be captivating. The campaign seems to be well laid out, with pretty good A.I, which is more than I can say for other shooters that have released this year.

Multiplayer Weapons

You all probably remember the public uproar when EA Announced during the BETA that you would have to pay for weapons, which would be available from the Playstation Store or the Xbox Live Marketplace.

EA listened to you guys and announced that all weapons would be acquirable without paying a penny, later announcing the “Find All Five Campaign”, which actually seems like a great idea.  All five guns’ stats seem like a normal weapon in the game; however with the slight differences in fire rates & accuracy they’ll most likely follow the “Deadly in the right hands” rule, which would be a great thing to see in a Battlefield title.

Overall Thoughts

The demo gives you a great insight into what Battlefield: Bad Company will be.

The short demo of the campaign is definitely a teaser that makes you want more and the multiplayer, well – It’s nothing short of spectacular.

Since the demo released I’ve put COD4 back on the shelf and seeing as Bad Company is launching next week, it won’t be inside my console for a very long time.  So to all you shooter fans out there, this is a must buy! (Remember if you’re playing the demo; make sure you reach the highest rank to unlock one of the Find All Five weapons!)

[EDIT: Tom has given the demo a good 40 hrs of play through, nothing like devotion! - DM]
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Battlefield: Bad Company
      Reply #1: Jun 25, 2008 09:50:03 am
      Played this demo.

It's SP is excellent! Loving the funky tunes while you're driving the Jeep around too! :D

I played the multiplayer too, it's really well set up and it's frantic to say the least! I can't comment on what it's like compared to COD4 but me mate said it's just as good which is a compliment in most people's book! ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #2: Jun 26, 2008 12:12:11 am
      Not played it yet.  Will have a pop on it tomorrow.

When you've finished with that review copy I'll trade with my review copies of Turok or Pirates of the Carribean.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #3: Jun 26, 2008 09:58:46 am
      Not played it yet.  Will have a pop on it tomorrow.

When you've finished with that review copy I'll trade with my review copies of Turok or Pirates of the Carribean.

Not sure I'm going to get one yet JD, PR not always obliging...you have review copies or are they just unwanted games ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #4: Jun 26, 2008 11:53:47 am
      Not sure I'm going to get one yet JD, PR not always obliging...you have review copies or are they just unwanted games ;)

Review copies - my mate works for Disney.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #5: Jun 26, 2008 12:39:46 pm
      Review copies - my mate works for Disney.

Ah nice...my new writer for SF has just got a copy of the new Narnia game from Disney, your mate doesn't work in PR does he JD?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6: Jun 28, 2008 01:03:57 am
      Its good but im too used to COD4 now, but i enjoy the vechiles especially the radio station in the jeep ::)
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #7: Jul 19, 2008 11:16:22 am
      Am reviewing this game for my site, EA were nice enough to send a review copy. Multiplayer is great although for now there's only 1 mode, Gold Rush but there will be a conquest mode coming as a free download via PSN.

Anyone else playing this? We could get a squad together for multiplayer...
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #8: Jul 19, 2008 03:09:07 pm
      Na not me, didnt really enjoy it mate tbh mate, Heard there is loads of issues tho on the online side of things (as per standard with EA games)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #9: Jul 19, 2008 03:13:12 pm
      I bought this game for my Son on Monday...........by Tuesday he had completed it !!  ???  £40 doesn't last long these days   :o

The thing is when he went on it again a day later, all the back of the disc was scratched all round in like circles, so I took it back to 'Game' who informed me that his X-box had damaged it, they asked me if his x-box was upright or lying down? I said it was upright, and they said that is how the disc had got damaged  ??? and the x-box should be lying flat !

Has anyone else had this problem? My son has never had this problem with any of his other games before.

Cost me  £2.99 to have the scratches taken out, which I know isn't a lot but when you've already paid out £40 and literally only had it a few days, it's a bit bad that there isn't a warning on the x-box itself !

Had to have it done as it was unusable as it was  :f_steam:

DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #10: Jul 19, 2008 04:15:40 pm
      The singleplayer mode of this game is short MsG, it's geared towards the multiplayer really which I haven't found any problems with...no lag, no drop outs etc

I bought this game for my Son on Monday...........by Tuesday he had completed it !!  ???  £40 doesn't last long these days   :o

The thing is when he went on it again a day later, all the back of the disc was scratched all round in like circles, so I took it back to 'Game' who informed me that his X-box had damaged it, they asked me if his x-box was upright or lying down? I said it was upright, and they said that is how the disc had got damaged  ??? and the x-box should be lying flat !

Has anyone else had this problem? My son has never had this problem with any of his other games before.

Cost me  £2.99 to have the scratches taken out, which I know isn't a lot but when you've already paid out £40 and literally only had it a few days, it's a bit bad that there isn't a warning on the x-box itself !

DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #11: Jul 20, 2008 02:12:24 pm
      Posted a review of this game on my site...gave it a 7/10.
      5starred
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #12: Jul 21, 2008 09:40:08 pm
      I bought this game for my Son on Monday...........by Tuesday he had completed it !!  ???  £40 doesn't last long these days   :o

thats good that is as i had grid race driver and it got scratched and took it back because i didnt really pay attention to it before and as i seen them pull it out of a draw the put in to box i blamed them they ask me how my 360 was set up ie laying flat or uprite told them it was laying flat and the told me its best to have it uprite
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #13: Sep 04, 2010 02:28:05 am
      Bump.

Just got this, anyone else still play it?

Wanted a cheap shooter, and id borrowed this a few months back and LOVED it. Picked it up for 16 bucks so good deal, used change to pay for it :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #14: Sep 04, 2010 07:51:44 am
      Just spent like 5 hours straight on this, mixing up some single player with online play - done alright i guess for a novice :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #15: Sep 07, 2010 12:49:46 pm
      Might download it for the 360. I play BF:BC2 quite a bit and it's a free download if you have that.
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #16: Sep 07, 2010 12:54:32 pm
      I play number BFBC2 and 1943 more than BFBC1.

But the first bad company was brilliant!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #17: Sep 13, 2010 08:24:35 am
      Online on this is great! For an old game theres always a game going, and its always fun. Have my good games and bad games - one game i was bossing it, sitting providing cover with my machine gun like a F***ing god, then the next game i could hardly take a step without getting shot :D

Steadily improving my rank though.

Quick Reply