Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Robbie Keane (Spurs)

Read 45417 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Robbie Keane (Spurs)
      Jun 29, 2008 10:28:45 am
      Liverpool want to swap Peter Crouch for Spurs striker Robbie Keane in a player-plus-cash deal. (News of the World)

I hope, if this is true (which I really doubt, coming from NOTW)   the cash mentioned comes liverpool 's way  from spurs  not the other way ..
       How old is robbie? he is   30 I think

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2008 10:13:00 pm by JD »
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Re: Robbie Keane
      Reply #1: Jun 29, 2008 10:39:30 am
      Keane for Crouch, I'm not sue what to think... hmmm.
      He's a good player, but would he fit into our system. I don't know,  really don't.
      RED YOS 23
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 29, 2008 10:39:36 am
      Liverpool want to swap Peter Crouch for Spurs striker Robbie Keane in a player-plus-cash deal. (News of the World)

I hope, if this is true (which I really doubt, coming from NOTW)   the cash mentioned comes liverpool 's way  from spurs  not the other way ..
       How old is robbie? he is   30 I think

I wouldn't bother using quotes from that sh*t rag mate, seeing as it's the same as the sun
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #3: Jun 29, 2008 10:43:26 am
            I wouldn't bother using quotes from that sh*t rag mate, seeing as it's the same as the sun
      Totally agree.  but saw it this morning  and I really don't think its even near the truth   ::)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Jun 29, 2008 10:48:26 am
      FFS !!  Who next ?  Robbie Keane is a good player, but he wouldn't get first team football at Anfield, too old in my opinion, and as others have said, quote comes from the rag, so probably a load of tosh anyway.
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #5: Jun 29, 2008 11:23:10 am
      do Spurs want all the cash up front?
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #6: Jun 29, 2008 12:18:49 pm
      Do you guys watch Spurs? Keane has been brilliant for the last 5-6 years he would be a BRILLIANT partner upfront with Torres. He can drop deep and set up or drive towards goal.

Knows the league and wouldn't need any time to adapt. At 27 he is just hitting his prime. Bring him on I say would be a great signing.

And ignore the fact it's NOTW look at who wrote the article...Chris Bascombe Still knows the ins and outs of the club and still has his contacts there.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7: Jun 29, 2008 02:12:47 pm
      Permission to say "lies"
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #8: Jun 29, 2008 02:16:11 pm
      Keane's a good player, I wouldn't pay for him, but Crouch + plus a bit of cash from Spurs and I'd be tempted. He's clever and has done very well with Spurs, though I'm not sure whether he'd work well with Torres, it seems Keane works better with a Berbatov sort of player, not Torres.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #9: Jun 29, 2008 03:37:18 pm
      Robbie Keane would be a great signing for us. He is the kind of player that never gives up and can get a goal from nothing. If we could manage to swap crouch plus cash thats a good deal all round in my opinion. He makes great runs like torres and i can see gerrard playing some lovely balls for him to score. If he was started regulary he could get us 15  plus goals a season. Come on the Irish.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #10: Jun 29, 2008 03:47:45 pm
      Robbie Keane would be a great signing for us. He is the kind of player that never gives up and can get a goal from nothing. If we could manage to swap crouch plus cash thats a good deal all round in my opinion. He makes great runs like torres and I can see gerrard playing some lovely balls for him to score. If he was started regulary he could get us 15  plus goals a season. Come on the Irish.

Not sure about, come on the Irish, but good post.
      I have to agree with you, he would do well playing up front with Torres, and Steven G. would have two players to slide those great passes to.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #11: Jun 29, 2008 04:45:53 pm
      Not sure about, come on the Irish, but good post.
      I have to agree with you, he would do well playing up front with Torres, and Steven G. would have two players to slide those great passes to.
      im not just saying this because im irish but should keep tradition of irish internationals in the squad going. not great for ireland but super prem player. most prem league goals JAN 07- JAN 08?...................robbi e keane
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #12: Jun 29, 2008 06:42:09 pm
      Any good striker can partner with Torres. Really dont understand why we need a new partner for him if we intend to play two strikers upfront next season. We already have the perfect partner for Torres in Crouch.

Beginning to think there is more to the Crouch exit than just football.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Robbie Keane (Spurs)
      Reply #13: Jun 29, 2008 10:14:03 pm
      We already have the perfect partner for Torres in Crouch.

If we learned anything from the second half of last season it is this.

Torres doesn't need a strike partner.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #14: Jun 29, 2008 11:04:35 pm

so torres doesnt need gerrard then is that what u r saying???
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #15: Jun 29, 2008 11:07:11 pm

Agreed.

I would be quite happy if we could get Keane as backup to Nando though. It looks like Crouch is gonna be on his way, and we need someone who can get the goals if Torres is out. Keane would fit the bill pretty well for me if he was available at the right price.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #16: Jun 29, 2008 11:36:40 pm
      Agreed.

I would be quite happy if we could get Keane as backup to Nando though. It looks like Crouch is gonna be on his way, and we need someone who can get the goals if Torres is out. Keane would fit the bill pretty well for me if he was available at the right price.

Never really favoured the 'one striker upfront' thing. There were games in whick Torres was adeqately boxed and and turned into a basket of flowers; so I favour the two strikers option.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #17: Jun 29, 2008 11:42:48 pm
      I'd like to see him at anfield, not only can he score goals,he can play on the wing and thread a pass through.Just the kind of player Rafa likes.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #18: Jun 30, 2008 08:03:03 am
      Rafael Benitez will pursue his interest in striker Robbie Keane, despite Tottenham's insistence that their vice-captain is not for sale. The Liverpool manager has proposed a cash-plus-Peter Crouch deal. (The Guardian)

Why Keane, we need Villa!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #19: Jun 30, 2008 10:14:53 am
      Quote from: The Guardian
      Benítez offers Crouch and cash to lure Keane

Rafael Benítez will pursue his interest in Robbie Keane despite Tottenham's insistence that their vice-captain is not for sale. The Liverpool manager has proposed a cash-plus-Peter Crouch deal but the Republic of Ireland international will have to agitate for a move to bring Benítez's pursuit to fruition.

Keane has emerged as a leading target for Liverpool after discussions between Anfield officials and their Spurs counterparts about Crouch, the England international who is valued at between £10m and £12m and is also wanted by Portsmouth, Manchester City, Newcastle and possibly Arsenal.

Benítez, encouraged by Gareth Barry's willingness to make a public request for a move from Aston Villa, now hopes similar tactics will lure the 27-year-old Keane to Liverpool, the club he supported as a boy and who can offer Champions League football. Tottenham instantly dismissed Liverpool's approach last week but Benítez will persist with efforts to induce Keane to move. A £20m-rated deal involving Crouch would suit Liverpool but should the England forward resist a return to White Hart Lane they could put money from his sale towards a straight cash bid.

The Liverpool manager has allocated his existing transfer budget to the purchases of Barry and the left-back Andrea Dossena, who will finalise his £8m transfer from Udinese this week. Further signings will be dependent on player sales.

Benítez's exhaustive attempts to prise away the Villa captain received a significant assist yesterday when Barry criticised his manager, Martin O'Neill, and for the first time publicly declared his desire to leave. "My mind's made up - I want to join Liverpool," he said. "There's no going back; it's time for me to move on. I'm desperate to play Champions League football and that's why I have to leave Villa.

"Villa kept saying they wanted me to stay but I have not heard from the manager for weeks. It's seven weeks now since the season finished but while the gaffer's found time to be a pundit for the BBC at Euro 2008 he hasn't found the time to speak to me. Have Villa offered me anything to try to persuade me my future is at Villa Park, not Anfield? Not a thing."

The decision on whether Everton's proposed stadium in Kirkby should be called in by the government has been delayed. Everton were due to learn this week whether their move would be subject to government scrutiny, entailing a delay which would be likely to scupper the proposal because of rising costs, but the Government Office for the North West has requested an extra fortnight to consider the plan.

TBH we missed out on Robbie Keane back in 2002 when he left Leeds.  I definitely don't want to miss out on him again because he is another brilliant option upfront for us.

Obviously he isn't too old - 28 infact.  But this lad has still got talent about him and he can score from any given chance.  I'd like to see him here - if we fail to sign David Villa.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #20: Jun 30, 2008 11:36:01 am
      TBH we missed out on Robbie Keane back in 2002 when he left Leeds.  I definitely don't want to miss out on him again because he is another brilliant option upfront for us.

Obviously he isn't too old - 28 infact.  But this lad has still got talent about him and he can score from any given chance.  I'd like to see him here - if we fail to sign David Villa.

Spot on Court, Keane would be a great addition to the squad, and is only about 6 months older than Crouch, Resigned to the fact that Crouch is going and we probably cant afford Villa I would rather see Keane coming off the Bench than Voronin

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Jun 30, 2008 01:05:18 pm
      Rather Ryan be given a stab. The kid is not getting the treatment he deserves. We finally have one of the best young strikers in the world and what are we doing? Playing him on the wing or not at all.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #22: Jun 30, 2008 01:18:35 pm
      I think there are better options that Keane, i.e. Villa but if we did sign him it would'nt be a bad thing as he can offer alot and he could work very well with Nando

Quick Reply