Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Robbie Keane (Spurs)

Read 45403 times
      fagin
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Re: Robbie Keane (Spurs)
      Reply #92: Jul 04, 2008 01:11:47 pm
      would be a good addition to the squad,scores goals ;D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #93: Jul 04, 2008 02:16:34 pm
      Sorry mods, I know I was one to go off topic.

I think that Robbie Keane would be a great player to have as back up to Torres, or to partner him. He is a consistent goalscorer, and works hard for the team. He can help to set-up players and can put the chances away himself. IMO a better player than Crouch and he is only 28, I would rather see us going for Keane rather than Barry myself, we actually need a back-up striker, we don't need Barry.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #94: Jul 04, 2008 03:17:58 pm
      Havent heard anything else about Robbie coming tp liverpool.Can anyone out there tell whats going on and whats the chances are of us getting him
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #95: Jul 04, 2008 04:44:37 pm
      Is he really worth the same amount of money as Torres?? 5Mill plus Crouch Equates 20 Mill same sort of money we paid for Nando?
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #96: Jul 04, 2008 04:53:50 pm
      Is he really worth the same amount of money as Torres?? 5Mill plus Crouch Equates 20 Mill same sort of money we paid for Nando?
      Depends on what they value Crouch at really though doesn't it, we value him at 15mill, but spurs could value him at 10mill, which would mean that they would want 10mill + Crouch, to make it to 20mill. Personally though I think we got a brilliant deal with Nando, and he should actually have cost a lot more. But the value of players in this window has been ridiculous, so we are either going to have to meet the demands or miss out on the players we want.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #97: Jul 04, 2008 09:23:53 pm
      I say we don't offer much more than £12m for Keane.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #98: Jul 04, 2008 11:25:12 pm
      We need Keane, because Silva and Villa seem VERY far away...he's 27/28 and he's a deadly determined striker...I'll say TAKE HIM for up to 18 Mio.!
      popool
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #99: Jul 05, 2008 02:06:40 am
      Robbie Keane in a red shirt?

Yes please.
      in our number seven shirt instead of Kewell?
      as Churchill says....OOOhh Yes!
      As the gaffer has always said, he wants players who will die for the shirt and will show desire in wearing it.
      Robbie Keane is a die-hard Red.
      Regardless of ability, they come first.
      He has told Spurs he is off, and regardless of our rumoured transfer pot, all being we have to sell to buy, Barry and Keane have been our targets from the start, and regardless of our recouperation of money,they will be ours...
      Remember at the start of the closed season, Rafa told everyone that he was signing someone that was not English, but could speak English?
      I believe Robbie Keane was that guy, and I am whole-hearted in my belief he will sign.
      Rafa wants winners. Is Robbie Keane a winner?
      Rafa wants players who want the shirt. Does Robbie Keane want the shirt?
      Rafa wants to win. Will Robbie Keane help him in his goal?
      Do we want players at our Club, proven already in the Premiership, who will improve us?
      Who said no? exactly not one of us.
      We are nearly there, and will be THERE with players with ability from our league rather than ability from Europe now, and Our Gaffer knows it.
      Why would we not be extremely better placed to win Our Holy Grail, if we went abroad with our dough, instead of enticing the players we need, in the areas we need to make us so much stronger?
      Lets think about it, no bedding in of foreign imports regardless of ability, ( and don't use Fernando as an example of what can be achieved) there was only Van Nistelrooy before him who nearly done as well in his first season, the rest of the foreign imports have taken time.
      Rafa has realised the fact that we all want our title back asap, and bedding in europeans wont accelerate that process, Quality premiership players, who will improve the side, and in Robbie Keane's case will fulfil a lifelong dream, will ensure we don't start slowly, will not draw silly games we should win, ( who remembers Nandos equaliser against 'Boro) and without a doubt, gives us the first team squad who can and will compete all the way for the number nineteen.
      I can not think of a second striker in the whole world better for us than robbie Keane. One because he is already Premiership class, and two because he is a die-hard who will give his all for the shirt. And with Torres and Keane as our main strike front, no-one will moan about our weak bench, because instead of Crouch and Voronin, we will have Nemeth and then voronin to support the main strike force.

I had always worried about our chances next season because an injury to Nando would negate our threat going forward.
      Rafa must have thought the same, and realised off the lads like Stevie G, Carra, and Jamie R, that with or without each other we can lead the line perfectly, and when together and fit they will be unstoppable.

To spoil this post, my twenty-one year old Son wants us to take advantage of Stevie G's relationship with Shrek , and sign him???....
      I reckon that most of us reading this reckon Robbie Keane can and will thrive with us, and we have a very good chance to win the League, as by the time Scolari has his team settled, we can be away and uncatchable.
      Wothcha reckon?
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #100: Jul 05, 2008 09:10:17 am
      Depends on what they value Crouch at really though doesn't it, we value him at 15mill, but spurs could value him at 10mill, which would mean that they would want 10mill + Crouch, to make it to 20mill. Personally though I think we got a brilliant deal with Nando, and he should actually have cost a lot more. But the value of players in this window has been ridiculous, so we are either going to have to meet the demands or miss out on the players we want.

Crouch seems to be irrelivant to this deal now as apprantly he has signed for 10 Mill for Pompey, deal will be made public monday morning
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #101: Jul 05, 2008 09:13:47 pm
      im irish and have seen a hell of a lot of robbie keane to be honest he has being poor for ireland in the last few years, he has done well for spurs but again i really dont think robbie is what we should be aiming for if we want to challenge for the title
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #102: Jul 05, 2008 09:31:50 pm
      im irish and have seen a hell of a lot of robbie keane to be honest he has being poor for ireland in the last few years, he has done well for spurs but again I really dont think robbie is what we should be aiming for if we want to challenge for the title

To be honest with you mate there are a lot of players who are poor for their country because the step up to a lot of them is a payday. Personnally Im not sure what to make of the situation any more because I cant read where Keane would fit into our current system. Personnally instead of spending that sort of money on a player who is just simply not worth that price tag, instead of bringing through Nemeth and giving the lad the same chance M.Owen had is beyound me.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #103: Jul 05, 2008 09:37:57 pm
      i agree i would really like to see a young player like nemeth get a chance this year it really baffled and annoyed me that benitez kept playing voronin towards the end of last season instead of giving nemeth a chance
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #104: Jul 06, 2008 12:06:49 am
      Robbie Keane in a red shirt?

Yes please.
      in our number seven shirt instead of Kewell?
      as Churchill says....OOOhh Yes!
      As the gaffer has always said, he wants players who will die for the shirt and will show desire in wearing it.
      Robbie Keane is a die-hard Red.
      Regardless of ability, they come first.
      He has told Spurs he is off, and regardless of our rumoured transfer pot, all being we have to sell to buy, Barry and Keane have been our targets from the start, and regardless of our recouperation of money,they will be ours...
      Remember at the start of the closed season, Rafa told everyone that he was signing someone that was not English, but could speak English?
      I believe Robbie Keane was that guy, and I am whole-hearted in my belief he will sign.
      Rafa wants winners. Is Robbie Keane a winner?
      Rafa wants players who want the shirt. Does Robbie Keane want the shirt?
      Rafa wants to win. Will Robbie Keane help him in his goal?
      Do we want players at our Club, proven already in the Premiership, who will improve us?
      Who said no? exactly not one of us.
      We are nearly there, and will be THERE with players with ability from our league rather than ability from Europe now, and Our Gaffer knows it.
      Why would we not be extremely better placed to win Our Holy Grail, if we went abroad with our dough, instead of enticing the players we need, in the areas we need to make us so much stronger?
      Lets think about it, no bedding in of foreign imports regardless of ability, ( and don't use Fernando as an example of what can be achieved) there was only Van Nistelrooy before him who nearly done as well in his first season, the rest of the foreign imports have taken time.
      Rafa has realised the fact that we all want our title back asap, and bedding in europeans wont accelerate that process, Quality premiership players, who will improve the side, and in Robbie Keane's case will fulfil a lifelong dream, will ensure we don't start slowly, will not draw silly games we should win, ( who remembers Nandos equaliser against 'Boro) and without a doubt, gives us the first team squad who can and will compete all the way for the number nineteen.
      I can not think of a second striker in the whole world better for us than robbie Keane. One because he is already Premiership class, and two because he is a die-hard who will give his all for the shirt. And with Torres and Keane as our main strike front, no-one will moan about our weak bench, because instead of Crouch and Voronin, we will have Nemeth and then voronin to support the main strike force.

I had always worried about our chances next season because an injury to Nando would negate our threat going forward.
      Rafa must have thought the same, and realised off the lads like Stevie G, Carra, and Jamie R, that with or without each other we can lead the line perfectly, and when together and fit they will be unstoppable.

To spoil this post, my twenty-one year old Son wants us to take advantage of Stevie G's relationship with Shrek , and sign him???....
      I reckon that most of us reading this reckon Robbie Keane can and will thrive with us, and we have a very good chance to win the League, as by the time Scolari has his team settled, we can be away and uncatchable.
      Wothcha reckon?

OOOOHHHH .... too many questions... cant think... and you've already answered all your own questions...  :f_tongueincheek:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #105: Jul 06, 2008 03:59:32 pm
      Gus Poyet has come out and said that they "cant afford to loose keane"
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #106: Jul 06, 2008 06:05:21 pm
      I think Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves, many people on this say he is below the quality we should be aiming. ok he isn't a Torres but there aren't many like Torres. Keane is proven in the premiership, was the league's top scorer for the year 2007 and is a hell of a lot better than Crouch, Voronin and Kuyt. I'm not being biased because I'm Irish, Keane has not performed for Ireland but he has been top class for Spurs. After two trophyless seasons I think buying a striker we know can play in England might be a good idea as opposed to gambling the same amount on someone who might not adjust
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #107: Jul 06, 2008 07:18:02 pm
      I think Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves, many people on this say he is below the quality we should be aiming. ok he isn't a Torres but there aren't many like Torres. Keane is proven in the premiership, was the league's top scorer for the year 2007 and is a hell of a lot better than Crouch, Voronin and Kuyt. I'm not being biased because I'm Irish, Keane has not performed for Ireland but he has been top class for Spurs. After two trophyless seasons I think buying a striker we know can play in England might be a good idea as opposed to gambling the same amount on someone who might not adjust
      Well put ShanerB. He has proved how good he is in the Premier League. All this talking about buying players from over seas when there is proven, top quality players in this league who should be targeted. Id love to see Keane with us next season.The perfect foil for Torres.We could play a 4.3.1.2 forfation to accomadate a second striker.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #108: Jul 06, 2008 07:38:40 pm

I totally agree with you there mate, however he is simply not worth 20 Million. 10-12 maybe but no way 20 its just mental some of the fees clubs are asking for players. Unfortunately we have our hands tied with regards to finances as we all know and Rafa is trying his best by using player deals to get what he wants. I still think our better option is to try and bring someone like Nemeth through for the start of the season. At least get rid of Vorinin. Not once have I seen his name mentioned anywhere with regards player deals or transfers out. If he stays this season he owes some big performances and he knows it.
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 10 
      Reply #109: Jul 06, 2008 08:08:36 pm
      To be honest its a scandal at the moment that Crouch is going and Voronin is staying. Surely Rafa would be attracted to the idea of making a profit on the player who has not sparkled at times.

Robbie Keane is a very interesting one. Gerard Houllier was interested in buying the player as a replacement for Robbie Fowler when he was playing with Leeds. "God" writes about this in his autobiography, indeed an embarrasing moment as  McAllister having been ordered by Gerard to persuade Keane to come to Liverpool (due to his Leeds UNited connection), accidently sends a text to Robbie who knew nothing about this beforehand.

I can see Keane working well with Torres if we went 4-4-2, as he is a hard worker with very good technical ability. His partnership with Berbatov has really impressed me and proves that he can complement successfully with world class strikers.
      Preferably I would sell Voronin keep crouch and buy Keane but it seems like we need the 10 millions pounds which pourtsmouth are offering. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #110: Jul 06, 2008 08:23:13 pm
      We should have snapped up Keane years ago.  I for one would be very happy to have a player of his goalscoring prowess available for selection.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #111: Jul 06, 2008 09:00:59 pm
      Aldo does a column in an Irish Sunday paper every week and this week he's saying that both he and Tommo have flagged Keane up as the ideal signing for Liverpool in this window for sometime now, pretty high praise in my opinion.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #112: Jul 06, 2008 10:31:25 pm
      I dont think that there is much chance we will get him if Crouch goes to Pompey because he would have been used to bring the price down, £20m would be too much imo
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #113: Jul 06, 2008 10:45:51 pm
      Yeah Crouch is gone to Pompey for £10m so i don't see where £20m is gonna come from for Keane, in my opinion Ramos won't hold us to ransom the way MON did and if we do get Keane it'll be for around the £10-12m region IRWT
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #114: Jul 07, 2008 11:23:43 am
      Yeah Crouch is gone to Pompey for £10m so I don't see where £20m is gonna come from for Keane, in my opinion Ramos won't hold us to ransom the way MON did and if we do get Keane it'll be for around the £10-12m region IRWT

No sorry i think Spurs are loosing strikers left right and centre i mean look at last season and now:

Defoe - Gone
      Berbatov - Wants to go
      Bent - Gone

Keane - Going?

Keane is the only striker they have left woh wants to be at the club, he aint going to be cheap

Quick Reply