Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Fitness thread

Read 227216 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2461: Dec 05, 2023 11:24:35 am
      Been hampered with a hamstring strain last 3 weeks, went out today and did a 5 mile run just slower than half marathon pace, looks all good again.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #2462: Dec 05, 2023 12:51:28 pm
      Been hampered with a hamstring strain last 3 weeks, went out today and did a 5 mile run just slower than half marathon pace, looks all good again.

One thing I've learned from getting older is that you have to let things heal. Whenever I've had nagging, lingering issues it's because I just don't rest injuries like I should.

Started biking again and it's definitely helping my left knee (torn meniscus). I'm able to sleep through the night without pain now which is a plus and I'm also now able to start some strengthening exercises and stretches that also seem to be helping. If it continues to heal I'd like to try and start running again sometime this summer. We'll see.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #2463: Dec 29, 2023 01:27:39 pm
      Last run of the year and topped out with 1275 miles. Most I have ever run in a calendar year.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #2464: Feb 02, 2024 01:42:21 pm
      Longest run of this training block 16 miles, trying to build endurance for the latter parts of the Stafford 1/2 marathon in March which has a few hills.
      Hopefully I can beat last years time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #2465: Feb 02, 2024 02:44:18 pm
      Longest run of this training block 16 miles, trying to build endurance for the latter parts of the Stafford 1/2 marathon in March which has a few hills.
      Hopefully I can beat last years time.

Oh you'll be good if you are running 16 miles already.

I finally started back running again about a month ago. Started with run/walk and I'm up to 2 miles every other day now. Still having some knee pain but it's gotten a little better. Still slow AF but hoping to eventually get some pace back. Trying to stay patient and not do too much too early. My weight really ballooned after my injury so I've started losing but it's slow going. I probably need to lose about 35 lbs by my birthday in May to reach my goal. Can be done but dieting is no fun for someone like me that loves food.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #2466: Feb 02, 2024 05:34:58 pm
      Oh you'll be good if you are running 16 miles already.

I finally started back running again about a month ago. Started with run/walk and I'm up to 2 miles every other day now. Still having some knee pain but it's gotten a little better. Still slow AF but hoping to eventually get some pace back. Trying to stay patient and not do too much too early. My weight really ballooned after my injury so I've started losing but it's slow going. I probably need to lose about 35 lbs by my birthday in May to reach my goal. Can be done but dieting is no fun for someone like me that loves food.

Jeffing is probably the best approach to restarting running after a long lay off.

Quick Reply