Trending Topics

Next match: Cardiff v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:00 pm
      Cardiff City Stadium

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W18 D7 L5

What ever happened to ... ?

Read 92412 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,247 posts | 2353 
      Re: What ever happened to ... ?
      Reply #1000: Sep 15, 2018 08:40:14 pm
      I know it's a stretch but anyone have any idea what happened to Luke?

Much missed.
      On twitter FMS.

All good - seems very comfortable with himself there (meant as compliment).

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,502 posts | 4894 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1001: Sep 15, 2018 08:53:21 pm
      On twitter FMS.

That is genuinely fantastic to hear. Been wondering since last December where he'd gone but it's good to know he's safe and well. Give him my regards! Would love to see him back on here.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,474 posts | 2541 
      Reply #1002: Sep 15, 2018 10:45:48 pm
      On twitter FMS.

Luke ain’t tweeted since 12/17
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,313 posts | 2929 
      Reply #1003: Sep 15, 2018 11:05:56 pm

That doesn't sound good.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,486 posts | 2280 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1004: Sep 16, 2018 12:36:22 am

I've seen lads delete their accounts multiple times.
      Sometimes people just get weary of life on-line and take a break.
      Short term or completely.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,247 posts | 2353 
      Reply #1005: Sep 16, 2018 05:16:29 am
      Really? I’ve got wrong one then - bow to your greater proficiency on the ol’ twitter mate.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,839 posts | 1660 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1006: Sep 18, 2018 02:17:11 pm
      Saw that. He’s building up a nice little hate-base on twitter with his bouts of negativity......overall I don’t think he’s quite as “glass is half empty and some c#nts nicked it as well” as was on here......

https://twitter.com/Corballyred/status/1041997143974858752?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,506 posts | 3287 
      Reply #1007: Dec 11, 2018 04:53:33 pm
      Luke, Mouse, Mick, Saint, and I've noticed DLS hasn't posted in good while either. Wish they'd come back...added a good bit of value to the forum. Unfortunately it seems they've been replaced by some real whiners.
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2018 04:58:56 pm by racerx34 »
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,474 posts | 2541 
      Reply #1008: Dec 11, 2018 05:01:26 pm
      Luke, Mouse, Mick, Saint, and I've noticed DLS hasn't posted in good while either. Wish they'd come back...added a good bit of value to the forum. Unfortunately it seems they've been replaced by some real whiners.

Luke is the concern to be honest, the latter 4 are on twitter..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,247 posts | 2353 
      Reply #1009: Dec 11, 2018 05:12:56 pm

Luke is the concern to be honest, the latter 4 are on twitter..

DLS been posting this week in the random - obscure LFC facts topic (paraphrasing as at gym ;) ).

Mouse and Mick both in rude good health - what’s Saint’s twitter handle Shabs?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,474 posts | 2541 
      Reply #1010: Dec 11, 2018 05:16:53 pm
      DLS been posting this week in the random - obscure LFC facts topic (paraphrasing as at gym ;) ).

Mouse and Mick both in rude good health - what’s Saint’s twitter handle Shabs?

Was wrong about S@int mate, not sure if he’s on twitter or DLS?.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,875 posts | 1769 
      Reply #1011: Dec 12, 2018 12:11:53 pm
      I don't post on here as much as I used to for a number of reasons - work being the main one. Stuck inside a shop with it's own intranet doesn't allow me to post like I could when I worked in a community centre. And then when I am off work, I want to enjoy those few sacred hours doing stuff - whether that be still getting a kick out of Football Manager, writing me poems that I love, spending time with loved ones (or even ones I don't love but have to put up with anyway), walking around the greatest city on earth, getting pissed or just lazing in bed. In between, I will find time for this forum as it will always be a place I enjoy.

One of the other reasons is because I find myself repeating much of the same thing. My beliefs on Liverpool Football Club haven't altered from the day I joined this forum. I still consider us the biggest club in the world, I still believe it's the single biggest honour in any footballer's career to play for this club, I still get the same buzz out of seeing us win a game (as demonstrated by my over-the-top rant in the Top of the League thread) as well as the same depression when we don't. So I just don't post it because I've said it a million times before. For example I've just read the last couple of pages of grammar thread and was going to reply then read my own post in that thread from nine years ago and it's exactly how I feel now. So why do I need to reply there? Reading that thread though really does hammer home that some people in the world have far too much free time on their hands.

Then there's the negativity that surrounds this place, even at times of great joy. Now I fully understand that you need all types to make a forum work. And I'll throw the old cliche out there that the negative bas**rds use the most - "it'd be a pretty boring place if we all agreed". I get that and completely understand it. I also get that I'm probably being somewhat hypocritical here because I can be a right miserable c**t meself - though I do like to think that I find positivity in everything to do with my club. And this really ties in with the point I've just made about having already said the same thing.

I've had all the arguments on here with the miserable cu*ts. I've told everybody how good our club is. I've told everybody why we're the greatest club in the world (it still shocks me to see Liverpool "supporters" doubt that though).  I've wiped the floor with every single c**t who supports another club and comes on here to bad mouth us - it's bit of a shame we haven't had one of those for a while.

And then there's the fact that I've grown up a lot. While outside of this forum, I've always been aged 70 and above, I was always easily triggered in my youth by anyone and anything that slagged Liverpool off. And I still can be - again as demonstrated by my rant in the Top of the League thread. But I don't bite as often any more. I don't feel the need to pick up on every error (for example the United pre-match said we haven't beat them since 2013, we actually beat them 3-0 at Old Trafford in 2014 but rather than say anything because it'd turn into a petty squabble given how precious some people are on here, I just let it slide). And I see a lot of things when I'm reading the forum that years ago I would of kicked off about or pointed out why it's wrong that I just think now "f**k it, there's more important things to worry about"

But unless I'm banned for one reason or another, I'll never stop posting completely. I'll always provide little bits of information I find out and feel worthy of sharing. I'll still have the occasional rant. And as we edge ever closer to the year anniversary of the Cobras (Joey, Mags and Chats) winning the quiz, if there's a follow up one then I'll most certainly be around for that. (Congratulations on winning the quiz in advance to whoever gets me on their team - I still have that joking arrogance that some people don't grasp as a joke)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,506 posts | 3287 
      Reply #1012: Dec 12, 2018 01:26:58 pm
      And I see a lot of things when I'm reading the forum that years ago I would of kicked off about or pointed out why it's wrong that I just think now "f**k it, there's more important things to worry about"

Yea but see, those are the posts I like to see...there are definitely more important things to worry about....but it sure is fun to sit back and watch the show sometimes :)

Either way it's good to see you haven't gone. Wish some of the others would come back. I get what you are saying about spending free time away from the forum, and I totally agree with that. Luckily my job sits me in front of a computer most days and I can post on here a good bit. For me, I just still marvel at the fact that I can mingle with folks from across the pond, people that I'd likely never get to meet or associate with otherwise.....makes the club more real to someone like me and if I God willing, I ever get a chance to make it to the city, I'll feel like I know a little more than your average tourist.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,761 posts | 2223 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1013: Dec 12, 2018 09:13:24 pm
      I don't post on here as much as I used to for a number of reasons - work being the main one. Stuck inside a shop with it's own intranet doesn't allow me to post like I could when I worked in a community centre. And then when I am off work, I want to enjoy those few sacred hours doing stuff - whether that be still getting a kick out of Football Manager, writing me poems that I love, spending time with loved ones (or even ones I don't love but have to put up with anyway), walking around the greatest city on earth, getting pissed or just lazing in bed. In between, I will find time for this forum as it will always be a place I enjoy.

One of the other reasons is because I find myself repeating much of the same thing. My beliefs on Liverpool Football Club haven't altered from the day I joined this forum. I still consider us the biggest club in the world, I still believe it's the single biggest honour in any footballer's career to play for this club, I still get the same buzz out of seeing us win a game (as demonstrated by my over-the-top rant in the Top of the League thread) as well as the same depression when we don't. So I just don't post it because I've said it a million times before. For example I've just read the last couple of pages of grammar thread and was going to reply then read my own post in that thread from nine years ago and it's exactly how I feel now. So why do I need to reply there? Reading that thread though really does hammer home that some people in the world have far too much free time on their hands.

Then there's the negativity that surrounds this place, even at times of great joy. Now I fully understand that you need all types to make a forum work. And I'll throw the old cliche out there that the negative bas**rds use the most - "it'd be a pretty boring place if we all agreed". I get that and completely understand it. I also get that I'm probably being somewhat hypocritical here because I can be a right miserable c**t meself - though I do like to think that I find positivity in everything to do with my club. And this really ties in with the point I've just made about having already said the same thing.

I've had all the arguments on here with the miserable cu*ts. I've told everybody how good our club is. I've told everybody why we're the greatest club in the world (it still shocks me to see Liverpool "supporters" doubt that though).  I've wiped the floor with every single c**t who supports another club and comes on here to bad mouth us - it's bit of a shame we haven't had one of those for a while.

And then there's the fact that I've grown up a lot. While outside of this forum, I've always been aged 70 and above, I was always easily triggered in my youth by anyone and anything that slagged Liverpool off. And I still can be - again as demonstrated by my rant in the Top of the League thread. But I don't bite as often any more. I don't feel the need to pick up on every error (for example the United pre-match said we haven't beat them since 2013, we actually beat them 3-0 at Old Trafford in 2014 but rather than say anything because it'd turn into a petty squabble given how precious some people are on here, I just let it slide). And I see a lot of things when I'm reading the forum that years ago I would of kicked off about or pointed out why it's wrong that I just think now "f**k it, there's more important things to worry about"

But unless I'm banned for one reason or another, I'll never stop posting completely. I'll always provide little bits of information I find out and feel worthy of sharing. I'll still have the occasional rant. And as we edge ever closer to the year anniversary of the Cobras (Joey, Mags and Chats) winning the quiz, if there's a follow up one then I'll most certainly be around for that. (Congratulations on winning the quiz in advance to whoever gets me on their team - I still have that joking arrogance that some people don't grasp as a joke)

Cobras4Lyf
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,164 posts | 3224 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #1014: Feb 26, 2019 09:46:41 pm
      Still wonder about KopiteLuke.

Worrying one, still.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,247 posts | 2353 
      Reply #1015: Feb 26, 2019 09:49:45 pm

Worrying one, still.

Yeah I thought I’d found him again on Twitter a while back but Shabs put me right it was a different dude.......

He’d a friend in a bad way last he posted if I remember corrrctly?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,154 posts | 1613 
      Reply #1016: Feb 26, 2019 09:54:29 pm

Worrying one, still.

Luke would have to go down as the best poster ever,I loved his battles with Big Mick.Luke always came out on top.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,474 posts | 2541 
      Reply #1017: Feb 26, 2019 09:58:50 pm
      Yeah I thought I’d found him again on Twitter a while back but Shabs put me right it was a different dude.......

I think the friend was a cover for himself.. I hope I’m wrong., I even called a couple of his followers ( estate agents) to get info but nothing..as he was into property ( landlord)..

One I miss the most to be honest.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,157 posts | 3382 
      Reply #1018: Feb 26, 2019 10:00:50 pm
      I think the friend was a cover for himself.. I hope I’m wrong., I even called a couple of his followers ( estate agents) to get info but nothing..as he was into property ( landlord)..

One I miss the most to be honest.

do you know where he lived mate ?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,641 posts | 1765 
      Reply #1019: Feb 26, 2019 10:11:07 pm
      Luke would have to go down as the best poster ever,I loved his battles with Big Mick.Luke always came out on top.

Not the best, he was behind you imo, and that's not even a piss take!

Anyway, I miss him too, we had some lovely chats in PM. I hope he's fine and happy!
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,474 posts | 2541 
      Reply #1020: Feb 26, 2019 10:46:04 pm
      do you know where he lived mate ?

No mate, but some reason Southport comes to mind...

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,502 posts | 4894 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1021: Feb 26, 2019 10:55:43 pm

Worrying one, still.

Wonderful wonderful poster. Missed badly.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,352 posts | 3921 
      Reply #1022: Feb 26, 2019 11:14:51 pm

Worrying one, still.

Yep. Think his last tweet was the day before his last posts and login here. Just before Christmas 2017.

He was a great poster and I'm sure he'd be enjoying these last 14 months more than most seem to.

I don't recall that. Could be a senior moment there mate...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,164 posts | 3224 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #1023: Feb 27, 2019 08:00:49 am
      Yep. Think his last tweet was the day before his last posts and login here. Just before Christmas 2017.

At the time he last tweeted aswell. Its all so sudden and out of character as he loved posting.

Sh*t.
      higgy_sham
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,267 posts | 297 
      Reply #1024: Feb 27, 2019 08:16:53 am

Yeah he did pal. As Shabs says I was starting to think it was possibly a cover for himself too.

Hopefully not, hopefully he's just decided to give social media and the forums a miss and all's well.

Quick Reply