Trending Topics

Next match: Tranmere v LFC [Friendly] Thu 11th Jul @ 7:30 pm
      Prenton Park

Today is the 25th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

What ever happened to ... ?

Read 95026 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,467 posts | 2477 
      Re: What ever happened to ... ?
      Reply #1025: Feb 27, 2019 08:16:54 am
      At the time he last tweeted aswell. Its all so sudden and out of character as he loved posting.

Sh*t.

Being late to twitter I had thought this was him - partly because I seemed to recall him saying he was a twin.......

https://twitter.com/kopiteluke1892/status/1100461171851907072?s=21

Clearly not though.
      higgy_sham
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,331 posts | 340 
      Reply #1026: Feb 27, 2019 08:20:32 am
      Friend of mine has gone completely off the rails, totally hitting the booze every day, just about making it into work (only works 3 1/2 hrs a day) and been threatened with the sack.

Has left behind a Father and daughter, missed the daughter's birthday completely and says she has found where she belongs in a complete shithole of a pub with lowlifes everywhere. Now I'm not one to judge, can speak with the most downtrodden and unfortunate folk you'll ever meet and I understand we're all just a couple of choices away from homelessness ourselves but this is no place for a Mother and partner to be when she has a home to go to. I just don't know what to say to one of my best friend's (her partner) who is completely devastated and frankly on the verge of suicide about this.

I suppose any advice would be helpful and what way to approach the subject with either the woman or him as I'm close to both of them but I'm majorly pissed off with her (without saying at the moment) and devastated for him and his daughter (who is coping surprisingly 9 years old (that's how I know them, same age as my little one)).

My Mrs says that the woman has had a nervous breakdown and just needs time and counselling, I really think she's lost the plot and is bizarrely in her 'happy place' ignoring all life's problems and disappearing down a glass.

That was it there.
      andylfcynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,554 posts | 812 
      Reply #1027: Feb 27, 2019 08:43:56 am
      Just goes to show all them posts on here and no one actually knew him ,hope the lads ok , and just ducked out of s.m . I’m sure he said once where he was from but I can’t find it , but that could have been ficticios.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,171 posts | 502 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1028: Feb 27, 2019 10:39:04 am
      I hope Luke is well.

I miss Ms. Gerrard, she was the heart and soul to this forum. Spoke to her a short while before she deleted her account and went off the grid. She was having some hardships but said was dealing with it. Hope things work out for her, she is genuinely one of the nicest and kindest people I've ever met. 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,467 posts | 2477 
      Reply #1029: Feb 27, 2019 10:47:55 am
      I hope Luke is well.

I miss Ms. Gerrard, she was the heart and soul to this forum. Spoke to her a short while before she deleted her account and went off the grid. She was having some hardships but said was dealing with it. Hope things work out for her, she is genuinely one of the nicest and kindest people I've ever met. 

Indeed.

Cas did a very kind thing for me. She knew I was down for my birthday in September 2013 (Shanks 100th) but couldn’t get tickets for the Utd game.

Anyhow we watched the game in Carraghers bar (remember that!) and drove home after.

On my doormat on the Tue am was the mosaic card that was handed out for the game. Still in a frame in my study (bootroom ;)) now.

Hope she’s ok.
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,772 posts | 2376 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1030: Feb 27, 2019 10:53:19 am
      I hope Luke is well.

Cas is one of the loveliest persons I have ever met.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,171 posts | 502 
      Reply #1031: Feb 27, 2019 10:53:48 am
      Indeed.

Cas did a very kind thing for me. She knew I was down for my birthday in September 2013 (Shanks 100th) but couldn’t get tickets for the Utd game.

Anyhow we watched the game in Carraghers bar (remember that!) and drove home after.

On my doormat on the Tue am was the mosaic card that was handed out for the game. Still in a frame in my study (bootroom ;)) now.

Hope she’s ok.

That's Cas :) She also helped me find a ticket for my Anfield visit back in 2016 against Sunderland. Wonderful lady.
      andylfcynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,554 posts | 812 
      Reply #1032: Feb 27, 2019 11:20:57 am
      2nd That not nice to think she had a rough time she helped a lot on this forum be nice to think someone was there for her .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,277 posts | 3324 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #1033: Feb 27, 2019 12:19:45 pm
      Cas is a legend.

Being late to twitter I had thought this was him - partly because I seemed to recall him saying he was a twin.......

https://twitter.com/kopiteluke1892/status/1100461171851907072?s=21

Clearly not though.

This one mate'

Take a look at Luke Graney (@Luke_Graney): https://twitter.com/Luke_Graney?s=09
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,467 posts | 2477 
      Reply #1034: Feb 27, 2019 12:28:47 pm
      Cas is a legend.

This one mate'

Take a look at Luke Graney (@Luke_Graney): https://twitter.com/Luke_Graney?s=09

Got it mate. Ta
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,794 posts | 3420 
      Reply #1035: Feb 27, 2019 01:26:26 pm

She's one of the reasons I stuck around on this forum. When I started up here, didn't quite know how to back down from an argument and got verbally battered by quite a few (my own doing usually) but she (and a few others, especially her though) was so nice with her responses and sent me some PM's....really warm and kind. Miss having her on here.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,277 posts | 3324 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #1036: Feb 27, 2019 02:34:16 pm
      She's one of the reasons I stuck around on this forum. When I started up here, didn't quite know how to back down from an argument and got verbally battered by quite a few (my own doing usually) but she (and a few others, especially her though) was so nice with her responses and sent me some PM's....really warm and kind. Miss having her on here.

So it's her fault you're still here? ;)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,467 posts | 2477 
      Reply #1037: Feb 27, 2019 02:56:34 pm
      So it's her fault you're still here? ;)

Explains a lot.

She obviously couldn’t handle the guilt / shame  :f_tongueincheek:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,794 posts | 3420 
      Reply #1038: Feb 27, 2019 04:17:50 pm
      Explains a lot.

She obviously couldn’t handle the guilt / shame  :f_tongueincheek:

:lmao:
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,651 posts | 1855 
      Reply #1039: Feb 27, 2019 04:42:55 pm
      Luke would have to go down as the best poster ever,I loved his battles with Big Mick.Luke always came out on top.

That's subjective, BigMick was a very good poster as was S@int, I miss them both.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,193 posts | 1789 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1040: Feb 27, 2019 05:05:42 pm
      That's subjective, BigMick was a very good poster as was S@int, I miss them both.

Miss bigmick
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,467 posts | 2477 
      Reply #1041: Feb 27, 2019 06:57:15 pm

No? He’s transitioned?! 😱
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,193 posts | 1789 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1042: Feb 27, 2019 07:04:20 pm
      No? He’s transitioned?! 😱

Now known as bigbabs
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,467 posts | 2477 
      Reply #1043: Feb 27, 2019 07:12:04 pm

Nothing is sacred.

I follow his pub on twitter - looks like he’s doing a helluva job
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,748 posts | 997 
      Reply #1044: Feb 28, 2019 06:33:07 pm
      Just found this thread. Echo the sentiments about Luke, great poster and worrying if he’s just dropped off the grid like that, but maintaining an online life can be a lot of unnecessary stress, so hopefully that’s all there is too it.

Lots of great posters over the years I’ve wondered about, CountyRd, koolkidda, Redkenny, smigger, jabba, Reslivo. Might have got some of the names slightly wrong but all the people I’m thinking of were great posters.

I think some are still around, just not posting as often. Hope they’re all well.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,850 posts | 2115 
      Reply #1045: Feb 28, 2019 06:48:43 pm
      Just found this thread. Echo the sentiments about Luke, great poster and worrying if he’s just dropped off the grid like that, but maintaining an online life can be a lot of unnecessary stress, so hopefully that’s all there is too it.

Lots of great posters over the years I’ve wondered about, CountyRd, koolkidda, Redkenny, smigger, jabba, Reslivo. Might have got some of the names slightly wrong but all the people I’m thinking of were great posters.

I think some are still around, just not posting as often. Hope they’re all well.

Yep Luke is missed on here and hope all is well with him.

RedKenny, CountyRoadKopite and Reslivo are all on Twitter and active enough on there.

Cas is sorely missed on here as well and can only echo those who say she is one of the nicest people you can meet.
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,748 posts | 997 
      Reply #1046: Feb 28, 2019 06:54:31 pm
      Yep Luke is missed on here and hope all is well with him.

RedKenny, CountyRoadKopite and Reslivo are all on Twitter and active enough on there.

Cas is sorely missed on here as well and can only echo those who say she is one of the nicest people you can meet.

Never got on Twitter myself. Tried it once but am trying to reduce my exposure to social media, so can’t see myself ever making the jump across.

Glad to hear those guys are still active. Agree are MrsG, was always suc a bright and cheery character around the forum.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,850 posts | 2115 
      Reply #1047: Feb 28, 2019 06:57:38 pm
      Never got on Twitter myself. Tried it once but am trying to reduce my exposure to social media, so can’t see myself ever making the jump across.

Glad to hear those guys are still active. Agree are MrsG, was always suc a bright and cheery character around the forum.

As the forum has got bigger it has lost that bit of a 'family' feeling over the years as we used to have great conversations on here especially in the Arkles threads and I likened it to a virtual pub at times as we all had a drink and chat.

Also guys like Kenny, JD, Cas, Vension and more looked after us when we were over for a game and made you feel so welcome and we had a great night out one year that went into the small hours.

Those were the days. ;D
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,748 posts | 997 
      Reply #1048: Feb 28, 2019 07:04:43 pm
      As the forum has got bigger it has lost that bit of a 'family' feeling over the years as we used to have great conversations on here especially in the Arkles threads and I likened it to a virtual pub at times as we all had a drink and chat.

Also guys like Kenny, JD, Cas, Vension and more looked after us when we were over for a game and made you feel so welcome and we had a great night out one year that went into the small hours.

Those were the days. ;D

Agree mate, it’s great the forum has grown, but you don’t see those same ‘relationships’ build that were maybe there when it was smaller.

Gutted I never got on one of those nights out :D
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,171 posts | 502 
      Reply #1049: Feb 28, 2019 07:52:13 pm
      Agree with both of you RedWilly and Si, back in the day that closeness was stronger.

I speak to RedKenny from time to time on Facebook, he's good, just busy I think with his wonderful family and work. He is another one of the great people from here that I had the privilege to met in person, top, top fella with such great energy.

Smigger is around on social media as well. Another one I really miss on here is BrooklynRed. Also, see from him on Instagram mostly, but miss his thoughts on here, he was one of my favorite people on here too. Great Red and a great person.   

Quick Reply