Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

What ever happened to ... ?

Read 194344 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: What ever happened to ... ?
      Reply #690: Sep 10, 2015 02:23:52 pm
      Good to have you back on mate.

I think it was always inevitable that we would start to question Brendan at some point this season though mate.

Cheers :)

As ever, I have absolutely no problem with questioning the manager, but after only 4 games in people have the knives out, and it looks to me as though some were just biding their time, waiting for the first loss to repeat the same things they've been saying for ages.
      Apart from anything else, it's like feckin groundhog day in some threads, and it's all gotten a bit boring now.

The truly sad thing is that if we beat utd on Saturday, some will just retreat into their shells again until the next loss instead of celebrating.

Sorry for the off topic :)
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #691: Sep 17, 2015 10:47:52 am
      Pd is a cracking poster but he lets some idiots affect him too much.

Only just seen this, you know what Dave you're probably right though lad, I had to get away in the summer for a break, I know I get wound in too often so thought of leave it a bit and I tried to ignore and keep away from it all since I've come back but that just affects the enjoyment when you are missing most of the posts around.. I decided to still keep out of it but read everything again  ;D but Jesus some of the stuff people post to each other anyone wouldn't think we all supported the same side.

I'm done anyway.. Good luck to everyone.. Still plenty I'd love to meet for a pint with on here, Cas has my mobile number of anyone wants it, or drop me a PM and I'll log in and send it.

I'm at at least half to three quarters of the home games a season so plenty of time to buy a pint.

Peace
      MsGerrard
      Reply #692: Sep 17, 2015 11:47:59 am
      Only just seen this, you know what Dave you're probably right though lad, I had to get away in the summer for a break, I know I get wound in too often so thought of leave it a bit and I tried to ignore and keep away from it all since I've come back but that just affects the enjoyment when you are missing most of the posts around.. I decided to still keep out of it but read everything again  ;D but Jesus some of the stuff people post to each other anyone wouldn't think we all supported the same side.

I'm done anyway.. Good luck to everyone.. Still plenty I'd love to meet for a pint with on here, Cas has my mobile number of anyone wants it, or drop me a PM and I'll log in and send it.

I'm at at least half to three quarters of the home games a season so plenty of time to buy a pint.

Peace

Jon, I'm gutted  >:( it's such a shame when some of our cracking posters are driven away by some of the numpties on here  :mad: I know of course I'll still see you and meet up with you but it's a sad day for the forum  :depressed:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #693: Sep 17, 2015 12:02:19 pm
      Jon, I'm gutted  >:( it's such a shame when some of our cracking posters are driven away by some of the numpties on here  :mad: I know of course I'll still see you and meet up with you but it's a sad day for the forum  :depressed:

Yes I don't like this type of development at all. And this isn't directed at you Cas and I don't want it to come across as expressly critical of the mods, but there's a few posters that seem to stir the pot and I can't help but think if they weren't dealt with more harshly, maybe there wouldn't be so many threads going off topic.

PD, don't stop posting, your insights and opinions are too valuable.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #694: Sep 17, 2015 12:43:46 pm

Peace

Mind yourself Jon.
      Enjoy the football.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #695: Sep 17, 2015 12:51:22 pm

Might be difficult. ;D

Take care Jon but I'd sooner stay on if I were you. I don't let anything in here annoy me that much that I'll stop posting.

Only thing that keeps me off here is if I've no real time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #696: Sep 17, 2015 01:08:15 pm
      Might be difficult. ;D

Take care Jon but I'd sooner stay on if I were you. I don't let anything in here annoy me that much that I'll stop posting.

Only thing that keeps me off here is if I've no real time.

Slacker ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #697: Sep 17, 2015 01:17:37 pm
      PD rise above it mate, we all have the same passion for the club, just sometimes that passion spills over, end of the day we are here to put our feelings down about the club, its a release.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #698: Sep 17, 2015 01:37:06 pm

Peace

Mate your better then that bygones be bygones and all that.

Your contributions are always insightful and worthy of respect same can not be said for your detractors so just rise above it mate.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #699: Sep 17, 2015 01:52:25 pm

Peace

Don't let the fuckers drag you away mate, there's many more on here that love and respect your insight, so stick around bud if you can.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #700: Sep 17, 2015 08:27:19 pm
      illegitimi non carborundum Jon.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #701: Sep 18, 2015 02:51:45 pm

Peace

Decided yesterday myself that enough is enough, I've been milling it over for weeks now but yesterday the proverbial straw broke the proverbial camels back, nothing big at all but just enough to push me past the point of no return.

I'm going to limit myself to watching footy with the occasional conversation about it in the outside world but even they'll probably be limited as there are a lot of knobheads out there as well.

All the best to those who've posts I've laughed at and loved, I've laughed a sh*te load on this site but all good things come to an end and for this particular knobhead the end is here.

YNWA

(unless it's on here obvs).

:P

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

*user deleted*
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #702: Sep 18, 2015 03:12:02 pm
      Decided yesterday myself that enough is enough, I've been milling it over for weeks now but yesterday the proverbial straw broke the proverbial camels back, nothing big at all but just enough to push me past the point of no return.

I'm going to limit myself to watching footy with the occasional conversation about it in the outside world but even they'll probably be limited as there are a lot of knobheads out there as well.

All the best to those who've posts I've laughed at and loved, I've laughed a sh*te load on this site but all good things come to an end and for this particular knobhead the end is here.

YNWA

*user deleted*

Mind yourself Exiled.
      Poorer place without your input.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #703: Sep 18, 2015 03:33:20 pm
      Not trying to criticise you guys for leaving but is it really necessary.

Couldn't you just put those on ignore who you don't want to chat with and still have a debate with the rest.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #704: Sep 18, 2015 04:00:16 pm

YNWA

*user deleted*

Can I have all of your pluses?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #705: Sep 26, 2015 02:45:18 am

YNWA

*user deleted*

Quite sad to see this.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #706: Sep 26, 2015 09:56:31 am
      Most ironic name ever.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #707: Sep 26, 2015 10:03:47 am
      Fook me, some cracking posters leaving, what happened I must have missed it ?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #708: Sep 26, 2015 10:12:57 am
      Sad times when some of the best people on here decide to jack it in, perhaps it's a sign of the times where people are so intolerant of other people's opinions.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #709: Sep 26, 2015 10:51:44 am
      Fook me, some cracking posters leaving, what happened I must have missed it ?

Constant bickering and negativity mate, wears you down after a while & stepping back helps.

I'm sure the lads will return as they were some of the best posters we had.

Or you can blame Rafa ;)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #710: Sep 26, 2015 11:00:05 am
      Constant bickering and negativity mate, wears you down after a while & stepping back helps.

I'm sure the lads will return as they were some of the best posters we had.

Or you can blame Rafa ;)

Short  breaks do help, or exiting threads that raise your ire.  Let rip now and again though, it's cathartic.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #711: Sep 26, 2015 12:34:15 pm

I got to that point end of last season, read a bit, didn't post much at all for about 2 months and just got my thoughts together on who to generally get involved in discussions with and who to avoid, then others like 'HollywoodBalls' who discussions could go either way so know when to cut off before the thread descended into chaos.

Worked alright for me so far, just a shame that those who I enjoy reading, discussing, having banter with are dropping like flies.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #712: Sep 26, 2015 01:22:51 pm
      Sad to see good posters deleting their accounts. Take a break when you need it but don't delete your account unless you really need to.

Been a little too much bullying on here again lately which may explain why quite a few of our best posters hardly post any more, but personally I blame Rafa ;)

Quick Reply