Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

What ever happened to ... ?

Read 192164 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: What ever happened to ... ?
      Reply #989: Jun 08, 2018 03:30:07 pm
      Just seen one of my favourite posters in black ( RedLFCBlood ) What's happened to him?  Loved reading his post and very knowledgable on football in my opinion.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #990: Aug 20, 2018 01:20:02 pm
      Just seen one of my favourite posters in black ( RedLFCBlood ) What's happened to him?  Loved reading his post and very knowledgable on football in my opinion.

Think I read on this thread somewhere that he just deleted his account and hasn't been seen since.

Also one of my fav posters but for whatever reason he has upped and left.

Big Mick, BBB and others have unfortunately left as well.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #991: Aug 20, 2018 05:24:15 pm
      Think I read on this thread somewhere that he just deleted his account and hasn't been seen since.

Also one of my fav posters but for whatever reason he has upped and left.

Big Mick, BBB and others have unfortunately left as well.

BBB and Mick both active on Twitter. Mick mostly in his day job as a publican but still shares his thoughts on the reds from time to time.......
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #992: Aug 21, 2018 10:47:10 am
      BBB and Mick both active on Twitter. Mick mostly in his day job as a publican but still shares his thoughts on the reds from time to time.......

Thanks mate but I don't go on twitter, good to know they are still around.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #993: Aug 23, 2018 08:28:35 am

Still gets around on twitter. Think it's the same handle?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #994: Aug 23, 2018 10:20:19 am
      Still gets around on twitter. Think it's the same handle?

Don't use Twitter but thanks.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #995: Sep 15, 2018 11:50:23 am
      Corbs has managed to get a gig writing for travelling peach.com, christ they must be desperate
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #996: Sep 15, 2018 12:04:04 pm
      Corbs has managed to get a gig writing for travelling peach.com, christ they must be desperate

Saw that. Heā€™s building up a nice little hate-base on twitter with his bouts of negativity......overall I donā€™t think heā€™s quite as ā€œglass is half empty and some c#nts nicked it as wellā€ as was on here......
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #997: Sep 15, 2018 08:34:03 pm
      I know it's a stretch but anyone have any idea what happened to Luke?

Much missed.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #998: Sep 15, 2018 08:40:14 pm
      I know it's a stretch but anyone have any idea what happened to Luke?

Much missed.
      On twitter FMS.

All good - seems very comfortable with himself there (meant as compliment).

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #999: Sep 15, 2018 08:53:21 pm
      On twitter FMS.

That is genuinely fantastic to hear. Been wondering since last December where he'd gone but it's good to know he's safe and well. Give him my regards! Would love to see him back on here.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1000: Sep 15, 2018 10:45:48 pm
      On twitter FMS.

Luke ainā€™t tweeted since 12/17
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1001: Sep 15, 2018 11:05:56 pm

That doesn't sound good.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1002: Sep 16, 2018 12:36:22 am

I've seen lads delete their accounts multiple times.
      Sometimes people just get weary of life on-line and take a break.
      Short term or completely.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1003: Sep 16, 2018 05:16:29 am
      Really? Iā€™ve got wrong one then - bow to your greater proficiency on the olā€™ twitter mate.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1004: Sep 18, 2018 02:17:11 pm
      Saw that. Heā€™s building up a nice little hate-base on twitter with his bouts of negativity......overall I donā€™t think heā€™s quite as ā€œglass is half empty and some c#nts nicked it as wellā€ as was on here......

https://twitter.com/Corballyred/status/1041997143974858752?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1005: Dec 11, 2018 04:53:33 pm
      Luke, Mouse, Mick, Saint, and I've noticed DLS hasn't posted in good while either. Wish they'd come back...added a good bit of value to the forum. Unfortunately it seems they've been replaced by some real whiners.
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2018 04:58:56 pm by racerx34 »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1006: Dec 11, 2018 05:01:26 pm
      Luke, Mouse, Mick, Saint, and I've noticed DLS hasn't posted in good while either. Wish they'd come back...added a good bit of value to the forum. Unfortunately it seems they've been replaced by some real whiners.

Luke is the concern to be honest, the latter 4 are on twitter..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1007: Dec 11, 2018 05:12:56 pm

Luke is the concern to be honest, the latter 4 are on twitter..

DLS been posting this week in the random - obscure LFC facts topic (paraphrasing as at gym ;) ).

Mouse and Mick both in rude good health - whatā€™s Saintā€™s twitter handle Shabs?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1008: Dec 11, 2018 05:16:53 pm
      DLS been posting this week in the random - obscure LFC facts topic (paraphrasing as at gym ;) ).

Mouse and Mick both in rude good health - whatā€™s Saintā€™s twitter handle Shabs?

Was wrong about S@int mate, not sure if heā€™s on twitter or DLS?.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1009: Dec 12, 2018 12:11:53 pm
      I don't post on here as much as I used to for a number of reasons - work being the main one. Stuck inside a shop with it's own intranet doesn't allow me to post like I could when I worked in a community centre. And then when I am off work, I want to enjoy those few sacred hours doing stuff - whether that be still getting a kick out of Football Manager, writing me poems that I love, spending time with loved ones (or even ones I don't love but have to put up with anyway), walking around the greatest city on earth, getting pissed or just lazing in bed. In between, I will find time for this forum as it will always be a place I enjoy.

One of the other reasons is because I find myself repeating much of the same thing. My beliefs on Liverpool Football Club haven't altered from the day I joined this forum. I still consider us the biggest club in the world, I still believe it's the single biggest honour in any footballer's career to play for this club, I still get the same buzz out of seeing us win a game (as demonstrated by my over-the-top rant in the Top of the League thread) as well as the same depression when we don't. So I just don't post it because I've said it a million times before. For example I've just read the last couple of pages of grammar thread and was going to reply then read my own post in that thread from nine years ago and it's exactly how I feel now. So why do I need to reply there? Reading that thread though really does hammer home that some people in the world have far too much free time on their hands.

Then there's the negativity that surrounds this place, even at times of great joy. Now I fully understand that you need all types to make a forum work. And I'll throw the old cliche out there that the negative bas**rds use the most - "it'd be a pretty boring place if we all agreed". I get that and completely understand it. I also get that I'm probably being somewhat hypocritical here because I can be a right miserable c**t meself - though I do like to think that I find positivity in everything to do with my club. And this really ties in with the point I've just made about having already said the same thing.

I've had all the arguments on here with the miserable cu*ts. I've told everybody how good our club is. I've told everybody why we're the greatest club in the world (it still shocks me to see Liverpool "supporters" doubt that though).  I've wiped the floor with every single c**t who supports another club and comes on here to bad mouth us - it's bit of a shame we haven't had one of those for a while.

And then there's the fact that I've grown up a lot. While outside of this forum, I've always been aged 70 and above, I was always easily triggered in my youth by anyone and anything that slagged Liverpool off. And I still can be - again as demonstrated by my rant in the Top of the League thread. But I don't bite as often any more. I don't feel the need to pick up on every error (for example the United pre-match said we haven't beat them since 2013, we actually beat them 3-0 at Old Trafford in 2014 but rather than say anything because it'd turn into a petty squabble given how precious some people are on here, I just let it slide). And I see a lot of things when I'm reading the forum that years ago I would of kicked off about or pointed out why it's wrong that I just think now "F**k it, there's more important things to worry about"

But unless I'm banned for one reason or another, I'll never stop posting completely. I'll always provide little bits of information I find out and feel worthy of sharing. I'll still have the occasional rant. And as we edge ever closer to the year anniversary of the Cobras (Joey, Mags and Chats) winning the quiz, if there's a follow up one then I'll most certainly be around for that. (Congratulations on winning the quiz in advance to whoever gets me on their team - I still have that joking arrogance that some people don't grasp as a joke)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1010: Dec 12, 2018 01:26:58 pm
      And I see a lot of things when I'm reading the forum that years ago I would of kicked off about or pointed out why it's wrong that I just think now "f**k it, there's more important things to worry about"

Yea but see, those are the posts I like to see...there are definitely more important things to worry about....but it sure is fun to sit back and watch the show sometimes :)

Either way it's good to see you haven't gone. Wish some of the others would come back. I get what you are saying about spending free time away from the forum, and I totally agree with that. Luckily my job sits me in front of a computer most days and I can post on here a good bit. For me, I just still marvel at the fact that I can mingle with folks from across the pond, people that I'd likely never get to meet or associate with otherwise.....makes the club more real to someone like me and if I God willing, I ever get a chance to make it to the city, I'll feel like I know a little more than your average tourist.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1011: Dec 12, 2018 09:13:24 pm
      I don't post on here as much as I used to for a number of reasons - work being the main one. Stuck inside a shop with it's own intranet doesn't allow me to post like I could when I worked in a community centre. And then when I am off work, I want to enjoy those few sacred hours doing stuff - whether that be still getting a kick out of Football Manager, writing me poems that I love, spending time with loved ones (or even ones I don't love but have to put up with anyway), walking around the greatest city on earth, getting pissed or just lazing in bed. In between, I will find time for this forum as it will always be a place I enjoy.

One of the other reasons is because I find myself repeating much of the same thing. My beliefs on Liverpool Football Club haven't altered from the day I joined this forum. I still consider us the biggest club in the world, I still believe it's the single biggest honour in any footballer's career to play for this club, I still get the same buzz out of seeing us win a game (as demonstrated by my over-the-top rant in the Top of the League thread) as well as the same depression when we don't. So I just don't post it because I've said it a million times before. For example I've just read the last couple of pages of grammar thread and was going to reply then read my own post in that thread from nine years ago and it's exactly how I feel now. So why do I need to reply there? Reading that thread though really does hammer home that some people in the world have far too much free time on their hands.

Then there's the negativity that surrounds this place, even at times of great joy. Now I fully understand that you need all types to make a forum work. And I'll throw the old cliche out there that the negative bas**rds use the most - "it'd be a pretty boring place if we all agreed". I get that and completely understand it. I also get that I'm probably being somewhat hypocritical here because I can be a right miserable c**t meself - though I do like to think that I find positivity in everything to do with my club. And this really ties in with the point I've just made about having already said the same thing.

I've had all the arguments on here with the miserable cu*ts. I've told everybody how good our club is. I've told everybody why we're the greatest club in the world (it still shocks me to see Liverpool "supporters" doubt that though).  I've wiped the floor with every single c**t who supports another club and comes on here to bad mouth us - it's bit of a shame we haven't had one of those for a while.

And then there's the fact that I've grown up a lot. While outside of this forum, I've always been aged 70 and above, I was always easily triggered in my youth by anyone and anything that slagged Liverpool off. And I still can be - again as demonstrated by my rant in the Top of the League thread. But I don't bite as often any more. I don't feel the need to pick up on every error (for example the United pre-match said we haven't beat them since 2013, we actually beat them 3-0 at Old Trafford in 2014 but rather than say anything because it'd turn into a petty squabble given how precious some people are on here, I just let it slide). And I see a lot of things when I'm reading the forum that years ago I would of kicked off about or pointed out why it's wrong that I just think now "F**k it, there's more important things to worry about"

But unless I'm banned for one reason or another, I'll never stop posting completely. I'll always provide little bits of information I find out and feel worthy of sharing. I'll still have the occasional rant. And as we edge ever closer to the year anniversary of the Cobras (Joey, Mags and Chats) winning the quiz, if there's a follow up one then I'll most certainly be around for that. (Congratulations on winning the quiz in advance to whoever gets me on their team - I still have that joking arrogance that some people don't grasp as a joke)

Cobras4Lyf

Quick Reply