Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

What ever happened to ... ?

Read 192196 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: What ever happened to ... ?
      Reply #1081: May 09, 2019 11:03:51 am
      It's permanent.
      I know people think some mods have an agenda but really we're all here because we're LFC fans. (Except Keith)
      When people start to show aggressive behaviour & effectively start baiting mods on the site and in messages then they won't be around for much longer.

Really!! Interesting, I know you delete many post for obvious reasons but didn't know he been having a pop at the mods. Will he be allowed back at some stage?

You really are a thick c**t.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1082: May 09, 2019 11:04:24 am
      That must’ve been “ruff” Keith - did you give the greyhounds a bit of slack for typos?

For repeat offenders did you give them a permanent ban or a temporary “paws”?

;)
      :lmao: Your barking up the wrong tree there Scotia  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1083: May 09, 2019 11:05:38 am

Hey!!!!!!!!!!! Less of that language you manc tw*t.  :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1084: May 09, 2019 11:05:52 am
      Really!! Interesting, I know you delete many post for obvious reasons but didn't know he been having a pop at the mods. Will he be allowed back at some stage?

No.
      Sometimes we delete off-topic posting when it gets out of hand.
      Sometimes we delete what we perceive to be consistent negative posting, especially if it's deemed to be WUM posting.

There is a line though.
      When behaviour becomes aggressive and when posters begin to channel that towards mods, on both the site and in messages,
      then permanent bans quickly follow.

I'm posting this as an attempt to be transparent for other users.
      Rib was not banned "for being negative".
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1085: May 09, 2019 11:22:28 am
      No.
      Sometimes we delete what we perceive to be consistent negative posting, especially if it's deemed to be WUM posting.

There is a line though.
      When behaviour becomes aggressive and when posters begin to channel that towards mods, on both the site and in messages,

Appreciate the transparency racer thank you.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1086: May 09, 2019 12:25:57 pm
      Drove me nuts the way he’d de-rail threads.

Never believed he was red or even a footie fan. Just craved attention.

Permanent or temporary - he’s been practically begging for it last 6 months.

I like every warning / ban issued - mods do an amazing job and deserve a bit of appreciation.

In my case it generally has hee haw to do with the recipient.

I’ve liked posts where stuff of mine has been deleted and told to get “on topic”.

Tbh always felt he did it deliberately
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1087: May 09, 2019 12:50:36 pm
      No.

There is a line though.

I'm obviously not privy to all that was said, but Riba name came across as abusive, yes he could be contrary and a pain in the arse at times, but so can all of us.
      I'm sure you guys had your reasons for banning him but I would request that the ban is reduced from permanent to a certain time limit. I've seen far to many forums turn to sh*t when mods start banning being permanently and I think everyone deserves a second chance or had Riba been banned previously, serial offender type of thing?
      Kopite78
      Reply #1088: May 09, 2019 01:24:28 pm
      I'm obviously not privy to all that was said, but Riba name came across as abusive, yes he could be contrary and a pain in the arse at times, but so can all of us.
      I'm sure you guys had your reasons for banning him but I would request that the ban is reduced from permanent to a certain time limit. I've seen far to many forums turn to sh*t when mods start banning being permanently and I think everyone deserves a second chance or had Riba been banned previously, serial offender type of thing?

As you said you don't know so I'd leave it at that.

I'm sure they have their reasons and I'm.sure they're more than valid. If he's been sending messages to the mods then he's only hot himself to blame
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1089: May 09, 2019 01:58:44 pm
      As you said you don't know so I'd leave it at that.

I'm sure they have their reasons and I'm.sure they're more than valid. If he's been sending messages to the mods then he's only hot himself to blame

Fair point, just that the rules should apply to all, for example is someone being abusive to a mod any worse than someone being abusive to any other poster?
      In my opinion abuse is abuse and I've faced plenty of sh*t on here myself, as you all know, but I've always held the opinion that its an open forum and people can say what they want, they just make themselves look stupid by being vulgar or aggressive. Obviously it can go over the top sometimes and then a ban is warranted but if you get rid of everyone with a differing view then this place would become very boring very fast and I really hate the idea of permanent bans as it implies there in no possibility of redemption or forgiveness and I really don't like that.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1090: May 09, 2019 02:02:14 pm
      Fair point, just that the rules should apply to all, for example is someone being abusive to a mod any worse than someone being abusive to any other poster?
      In my opinion abuse is abuse and I've faced plenty of sh*t on here myself, as you all know, but I've always held the opinion that its an open forum and people can say what they want, they just make themselves look stupid by being vulgar or aggressive. Obviously it can go over the top sometimes and then a ban is warranted but if you get rid of everyone with a differing view then this place would become very boring very fast and I really hate the idea of permanent bans as it implies there in no possibility of redemption or forgiveness and I really don't like that.

But you don't know if privately he hasnt been given multiple chances or warnings

From my time on here the mods always seem very lenient until they're given no choice

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1091: May 09, 2019 02:06:37 pm
      I too have had a few run ins with the lad but will still miss some of his post as they made me laugh. Just hoping we have some transparency with the mods and they let us know how long the ban is for?

Never easy being a mod I know from when I ran my own site for greyhounds. I'm pretty sure they will have a mod department where us members can't see where they discuss all the ongoing problems. I do agree at times bans are very much needed. However, I've always maintained you don't get life for murder so same should apply to a forum  ;D Obviously just my opinion though.

The mods don't owe us explanations on things like that. He was a scourge on this forum and I for one am glad he's been shown the door. Maybe now we can keep threads on track a little better and not derail them (like we are doing now).
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1092: May 09, 2019 02:17:49 pm
      Maybe now we can keep threads on track a little better and not derail them (like we are doing now).

Indeed.  On topic please.

What has happened to my old mate MIRO (Skip) I have not seen any posts from him for a few days and that is unusual.I hope you are okay mate.

Saw his name online yesterday billy.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1093: May 09, 2019 03:33:25 pm
      The mods don't owe us explanations on things like that. He was a scourge on this forum and I for one am glad he's been shown the door. Maybe now we can keep threads on track a little better and not derail them (like we are doing now).

Transparency is always good for any forum trust me. This seem the only logical thread to post on about Rib as we can't post in the banned thread. However, whilst I do agree derailing threads do happen frequently, as a rule I don't think it's done purposely in most cases. 

It was comforting having Racer explain in a little more detail though.  Hopefully in time he may be given another chance. I now move on. Thanks mod team.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1094: May 09, 2019 04:48:23 pm
      Transparency is always good for any forum trust me. This seem the only logical thread to post on about Rib as we can't post in the banned thread. However, whilst I do agree derailing threads do happen frequently, as a rule I don't think it's done purposely in most cases. 

It was comforting having Racer explain in a little more detail though.  Hopefully in time he may be given another chance. I now move on. Thanks mod team.

Thanks Keith.

This is going way off topic now and I'm not about to get into arguments with users about why they think he was banned.
      I've already said why he was banned but I'm not going to give full details of what his behaviour was or what messages were sent.
      Anything else about the why and how of Rib will be deleted from this thread.

I'll leave it at that.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1095: May 09, 2019 10:30:56 pm
      Indeed.  On topic please.

Saw his name online yesterday billy.

Thank you for that JD.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1096: May 09, 2019 10:33:57 pm
      Just seen 13 likes for banned member Ribapuru  :-\ I know he could WUM you lads up at times but he doesn't deserve that. Talk about rubbing salt in his wounds. Can admin say how long he's banned for on this thread??

you can have him on Red café. free transfer bus fare included
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1097: May 09, 2019 10:52:58 pm

he just doesn't post much these days but I guarantee you this both he and you felt like kids when the 4th goal went in mate I know I leapt like a Salmon of the couch.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1098: May 10, 2019 08:32:07 am
      he just doesn't post much these days but I guarantee you this both he and you felt like kids when the 4th goal went in mate I know I leapt like a Salmon of the couch.

John I was concerned because he has been through difficult times with health and other problems the last couple of years.Skip normally keeps in touch with me by P.M.but I have not heard from him for nearly 3 weeks.I am sure the Barcelona result will have cheered him no end.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1099: May 10, 2019 09:12:17 am
      Sorry but how is this thread being derailed, is it not called "whatever happened to", seems quite relevant to ask about a missing member then doesn't it ;-)

Isn't missing though. Question's been answered pretty succinctly.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1100: May 10, 2019 09:15:49 am
      Isn't missing though. Question's been answered pretty succinctly.

Fair enough but since bans can't be challenged or queried in the banned thread whereas can one seek clarification? Anyway I'm happy enough with the explanation so lets all move on.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1101: May 16, 2019 05:07:01 pm
      John I was concerned because he has been through difficult times with health and other problems the last couple of years.Skip normally keeps in touch with me by P.M.but I have not heard from him for nearly 3 weeks.I am sure the Barcelona result will have cheered him no end.

I pm skip and got no reply which is really not like him , I know he’s had illness issues so I really do hope he is ok .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1102: May 16, 2019 10:45:58 pm
      I pm skip and got no reply which is really not like him , I know he’s had illness issues so I really do hope he is ok .

Andy I normally keep in touch with Skip by pm on a weekly basis and sadly I have not heard from him for about a month .Also the fact that he has not been posting prior to and after the Barcalona match is concerning as I know how much he loves this club.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1103: May 16, 2019 10:50:41 pm
      Also the fact that he has not been posting prior to and after the Barcalona match is concerning as I know how much he loves this club.

Probably not much help but whilst he hasn't been posting he has been online, was signed in a couple of hours ago.

Quick Reply