Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Local Bands and Upcoming Artists

Read 9309 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Jul 10, 2008 01:36:54 am
      appologies if this sorta thing isn't allowed, but the band Wave Machines use the music room in me local church and they're gettin some recognition around the country now. They've had a review on a few sites and a national newspaper and were on Radio 6 with Marc Riley last night. As well as puttin on live performances up and down the country includin the church itself. They had one there in June and have three more penciled in for September, October and Novemeber. They've released a single, which you can buy from the independant record shop on Bold Street (Liverpool) it's called I Go, I Go, I Go. There on coarse to realease a second single soon as well. So before they make it as big as the Beatles, just lettin you know where they started :D

http://www.myspace.com/mywavemachine

MsGerrard
      Re: Wave Machines (local band)
      Reply #1: Jul 10, 2008 08:50:35 am
      Good Song

Good Luck to them  ;D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2: Jul 13, 2008 12:57:53 pm
      Thought I'd make this a new topic for up and coming bands and artists. Anyone you think is decent but relatively unknown, post a link or Youtube video in here! ;)

Any new bands on the scene will do too! Further all our musical educations! ;) insider info and that! ::)
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2008 01:01:46 pm by County_Rd_Kopite »
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Local Bands and Upcoming Artists
      Reply #3: Jul 13, 2008 01:09:02 pm
      The Rascals aren't doing too bad.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Jul 13, 2008 01:51:53 pm
      The Rascals aren't doing too bad.

Neither are the Last Shadow Puppets.  ;)

I would love to start me own band.  At the moment I'm an OK rythem Guitarist but I'm doing alright after only 6 months of playing!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #5: Jul 13, 2008 06:07:11 pm

it's used by a few other bands, Accidents Never Happen (from Norway) and the Random Family who play folk music. The Random Family have a spittin image of Lucas Levia, but as music goes there big in the folk world, apparently. They've got another gig in the church this Satday.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=28588854

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=151352638 (look at their pics for the lucas look-a-like.)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Jul 13, 2008 10:08:16 pm
      The Random Family have a spittin image of Lucas Levia, but as music goes there big in the folk world, apparently. They've got another gig in the church this Satday.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=28588854

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=151352638 (look at their pics for the lucas look-a-like.)

The Random Family are boss!! Haven't been down to St Brides yet, but I've seen them play a few times in town and Crosby. And if you mean Joe as the Lucas look alike, he is a top top fella!  ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #7: Jul 16, 2008 11:57:33 am

I would love to start me own band.  At the moment I'm an OK rythem Guitarist but I'm doing alright after only 6 months of playing!

:D I'm on rythym fella! ;) Got high hopes for you on lead! Especially with your killer Les Paul! ;)

I love going the open mic nights, especially the Hannah's Bar and the Jacaranda! You get some excellent covers in there! Couple of weeks ago some lad sang Postman Pat! You catch some gold when you're keeping an eye on the circuit! :D
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #8: Jul 17, 2008 11:45:04 pm
      These are a band on the up near me. Couple of them are mates with my brother. Check 'em out. Pay special attention to tracks 'Monitors', 'Never' and 'Sound Of Music'.

www.myspace.com/thisislowline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvpIp4yk4E8
      « Last Edit: Jul 17, 2008 11:55:59 pm by paulrobbo »
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #9: Jul 17, 2008 11:54:22 pm
      The Apple Scruffs are awesome!

www.myspace.com/theapplescruffs
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #10: Sep 19, 2008 07:08:40 pm
      there's a gig on tomorrow at St Bride's, Wave Machines are hosting it but not performing there own music instead playing the music for a poet called Nathan. £5 tickets if you're interested or if you know the band (like me) you get in free ;D There's a group called Cats in Paris on (think they're from London) who are meant to be the next big thing.

Anybody bored this Saturday night should give it a go from 7pm.

Wave Machines are putting on another two gigs this year, one in October and November again at St Bride's and they're hoping for a Christmas or New Year one which will go off big time.

Also the Random Family were in again last Saturday, was good by all accounts. Me mate went and said they get better every time he hears them. They've got a gig at the Bluecoat Gardens soon. That's meant to be a cracking event, so get down there if you like folk music.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=133983036 there's more info about the up coming gigs and the single their second single that is released at the end of next month I think.
      http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=151352638 there's more info about the Bluecoat gig there as well.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #11: Sep 20, 2008 10:48:16 am
      This is great! I hope you don't mind me taking this opportunity to pimp my own band heheh.

We're known as Lahaujet (pronounced La-HOW-Jet) We're still relatively new and haven't got proper shows yet, but we have recorded 2 of our songs so everyone can hear us out! Our music perhaps can be best described as Alternative Rock, with influences from various types of rock genres.

Visit us at our Myspace! http://www.myspace.com/lahaujet
      Oh, for those with Facebook can search us up too, just type Lahaujet in the search box. Court LFC is in our list of fans! (Thanks Court mate!) 

I hope to get some feedback from you guys, even if it isn't pleasant it's ok! After all, criticisms are important to improve oneself right?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #12: Sep 21, 2008 09:51:46 pm
      Wave Machines' gig last night was cracker. Can't wait for the next one in October.

Darth Joe, I like the "pull the bloody shots" song. Keep it going mate.
      norwegianscouse
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts |
      • Justice for the 96
      Reply #13: Sep 22, 2008 09:47:00 pm
      I have just heard Wave Machines for the first time and I love them already, great music after my taste :) Is it possible to buy a(n) album online or something?

I will check out the other bands tomorow or something.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #14: Sep 22, 2008 10:11:20 pm
      I don't think it is possible to buy Wave Machines' stuff online. There first single (I go, I go, I go) was only sold in a shop on Bold Street (Liverpool) and it was vynal at that. Really good band though and a nice bunch of lads. The drummer (Vidar) is a Norwegian as well but he's only been to Anfield once and we lost apparently, bad luck you Norwegians :D
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #15: Sep 22, 2008 11:19:07 pm

hey im a decent singer....come the cabbage any sunday night as i host the karaoke...... i also know somebody (guitarist) from teh lightning seeds...all we need is a drummer and we can call ourselves the beatles 2 ....  ill wait 6 months until your conquer that guitar though
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #16: Sep 24, 2008 08:57:19 pm
      There's some mini festival thing happening at the Bluecoat this weekend I think - The Random Family are playing. A good few other bands as well.

You heard about it DLS?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #17: Sep 24, 2008 10:41:32 pm
      Yeah I posted it meself earlier in this thread RK. I doubt I'll be going but I know a few who are. Hope it's goes well for them. I think it's the Random Family who are actually putting the show on mate.

They've got a gig at the Bluecoat Gardens soon. That's meant to be a cracking event, so get down there if you like folk music.

these are the details for it

The Random Family

27 Sep 2008, 16:00
      School Lane, Liverpool,
      Cost : £15 for all stages/£5 for Garden & Gallery Stages only/Courtyard & Hub events free entry all day.

A one day folk festival with two stages showcasing 12 unsigned and independently labelled acts from Liverpool and the UK (including The Travelling Band, Denis Jones, The Sixteen Tonnes, The Random Family, John Fairhurst, Sparkwood & 21, Jeff Jepson, The Lost Brothers, The Rachel Wright Band, Arthur Shelton Jones and Andy Hickie and The Merry Maidens) stalls, food and entertainments. Headlined by a very special performance from legends Martin Carthy and Dave Swarbrick, with support from Liverpool’s finest, John Smith.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #18: Sep 24, 2008 10:46:06 pm
      Nice one mate. I might try go to this but I'm out on Friday for my mates birthday then there's a small matter of twating the blueshite the next day.

Hope the Randoms do well though. Good band them.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #19: Sep 24, 2008 10:49:25 pm
      if anybody knows a band called a.P.A.t.T there'll playing at the next Wave Machines concert at St Bride's on the 18th of October. As for anyone who likes Wave Machines' music their new single "The Greatest Escape We Ever Made" is released on the 27th of October. Finally for Wave Machines they are performing at the BBC Proms when they come to Liverpool on the 26th of October.

Before hand though they're in Southampton, Northampton, Hull and London twice, just in case you want to see them and Liverpool's too far to travel. All infomation can be seen on their myspace page. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=133983036

(i do fell however that Carl and the boys should be paying me for all this advertising I do for them.)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #20: Sep 24, 2008 10:52:00 pm
      Unofficial local band promoter! ^^ The least they can do for you is free gigs!  ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #21: Sep 24, 2008 10:54:43 pm
      I get free gigs off them mate. I've already been summoned to the next one :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Sep 29, 2008 02:44:34 am
      Hear how the Bluecoat gig went Billy?

Quick Reply