Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Holidays.....

Read 223440 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Holidays.....
      Reply #1403: Jun 03, 2016 09:14:50 am
      Going for a weekend break to London, later today. We have tickets for the Epsom Derby tomorrow. Having a boat trip along the Thames later on & obviously a few beers, should be fun !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1404: Jun 03, 2016 09:33:58 am
      Going for a weekend break to London, later today. We have tickets for the Epsom Derby tomorrow. Having a boat trip along the Thames later on & obviously a few beers, should be fun !

Hope the weather is decent for you - heard it's been 'grim down south' this past week.

Hope you back some winners at the races!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1405: Jun 03, 2016 09:52:14 am
      Cheers JD, look forward to continuing debate on Liverpool's greatest XI when I return.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1406: Jun 24, 2016 05:08:14 am
      4 days left till me and the family head off to Hawaii for 10 days, Calgary for 2 weeks then Orlando for 6 days. Can't F***ing wait, the weather here in Melbourne is F***ing miserable. Looking forward to working on my tan.  ;D

Will try to get on here to see if there's any news but if I don't, have a good rest of the off season all and I'll be back in time for the first week of the new Season.

MsGerrard
      Reply #1407: Jun 24, 2016 01:03:34 pm
      4 days left till me and the family head off to Hawaii for 10 days, Calgary for 2 weeks then Orlando for 6 days. Can't F***ing wait, the weather here in Melbourne is F***ing miserable. Looking forward to working on my tan.  ;D

Will try to get on here to see if there's any news but if I don't, have a good rest of the off season all and I'll be back in time for the first week of the new Season.

Sounds perfect hun....do you have room for a little one  ;D 8) :laugh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1408: Jun 24, 2016 03:53:42 pm
      4 days left till me and the family head off to Hawaii for 10 days, Calgary for 2 weeks then Orlando for 6 days. Can't f**king wait, the weather here in Melbourne is f**king miserable. Looking forward to working on my tan.  ;D

Sounds fantastic have a good one mate.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1409: Jun 26, 2016 07:17:13 pm

Have a great time mate
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1410: Jun 28, 2016 02:41:28 am
      Thanks peeps. Can't wait and yes Cas would always have room for you.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1411: Jun 28, 2016 01:13:35 pm
      Thanks peeps. Can't wait and yes Cas would always have room for you.

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  :hug: :hug: :clap: Love ya hunni xxx
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #1412: Jul 24, 2016 12:23:38 pm
      I am looking forward to going on my holiday. In 3 days I will drive to Columbus, OH to see Real Madrid vs PSG. After that I am going to spend a couple of days exploring the city of Columbus. Then Saturday I drive to St. Louis, MO to hang out with the Reds family there and see LFC vs AS Roma. Day after the game, I will drive home.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1413: Jul 24, 2016 02:57:33 pm
      I am looking forward to going on my holiday. In 3 days I will drive to Columbus, OH to see Real Madrid vs PSG. After that I am going to spend a couple of days exploring the city of Columbus. Then Saturday I drive to St. Louis, MO to hang out with the Reds family there and see LFC vs AS Roma. Day after the game, I will drive home.

Have a great time Firepool...sounds awesome hun xx
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1414: Jul 25, 2016 11:30:43 pm
      Just back from 2 weeks in Barcelona - great city and we loved it.......but I reckon it'll be back to 3wk in Tenerife next yr.......I walked the legs off the wife and weans!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1415: Jul 25, 2016 11:35:16 pm
      Just back from 2 weeks in Barcelona - great city and we loved it.......but I reckon it'll be back to 3wk in Tenerife next yr.......I walked the legs off the wife and weans!

I'm hoping to take the kids there in a couple of weeks,fingers crossed, going to visit Salou first then make our way to Barcelona...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1416: Jul 25, 2016 11:46:35 pm
      I'm hoping to take the kids there in a couple of weeks,fingers crossed, going to visit Salou first then make our way to Barcelona...

It's great mate - you'll love it.

Really diverse and - I thought - very reasonable. Try 'Mian' for good Chinese / Oriental Food and Los Toreros just off La's Ramblas for quality, reasonable Tapas.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1417: Jul 27, 2016 08:07:17 am
      Off to South Africa on Friday, starting off in Cape Town then Kruger Park and ending up in Mauritius for a relax before heading back to Blighty.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1418: Jul 27, 2016 08:21:00 am
      Off to South Africa on Friday, starting off in Cape Town then Kruger Park and ending up in Mauritius for a relax before heading back to Blighty.

Bit of special one that isn't it?

Posh b***ard.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1419: Jul 27, 2016 08:26:10 am
      Bit of special one that isn't it?

Posh b***ard.

Haha not really mate, we were planning to go to Machu Pichu but when the Mrs found out about trekking up to the site she refused so SA was a compromise!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1420: Jul 27, 2016 05:58:08 pm

Have always wanted to go to Mauritius more for the fishing than anything else .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #1421: Oct 06, 2016 09:21:41 pm
      Yea that's Disney's booking site, probably your best bet for places to stay that are affiliated with Disney. I've been wanting to stay at the Bay Lake Towers, it's right beside Magic Kingdom, right on a monorail stop so you can get to any of the parks pretty easily I believe. It's just been a bit out of my preferred price range. It looks fantastic though. Truth be told, because I travel a good deal for work and stay exclusively in Hilton properties, I usually stay at a Hilton resort or hotel when I'm up there because I can use points. We stay either at the DoubleTree by Downtown Disney, the Lake Buena Vista Hilton (near Downtown Disney) or the Hilton Bonnet Creek (http://www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/).

The Bonnet Creek doesn't have villas that I know of, standard hotel rooms for the most part, they may have suites...but they have a nice pool with a water slide and a lazy river. Also a nice golf course right there (shared with the Waldorf Astoria). I've played it...it's tough but a nice course all the same). The Bonnet creek has a complimentary shuttle to the parks but it's kind of secluded about a 10 minute drive from Downtown Disney area.

Now across the street is the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort (http://www.wyndhambonnetcreek.com/). They have condo type amenities for familes, at least a couple resort type pools with water features for the kids (a big pirate ship at one), it sits around a big lake, I stayed there once, it was nice, it's fairly new (last 4 or 5 years it was built) so that's another option.

I'll tell you, the Disney properties are nice but they are EXPENSIVE. Similar accomodations are usually much cheaper off property. It just depends on how much time you are going to be spending at the parks as to whether it's worth it to stay on property in my opinion. In fact I don't think I've ever stayed a a Disney property to be honest. Usually the folks that stay on property are going to be hitting the parks everyday all day long. If you don't think that's going to be you and your group, you may want to also look at some of the off property resorts.

I wouldn't count out Epcot based on what I said, it's fine for the most part during the day, it just gets crowded at night during the food and wine festival. I thought I remembered you having smaller kids...my boys (12 and 10) would do ok but man with the crowds at night, it's a pain to keep track of tiny ones.

I'd love to be able to pop up and meet up, I'll have to see how my work schedule is panning out...that yime of year starts my busy travel season. My boy has a cross country race at Disney sometime in Oct...there's a chance that would overlap with when you are going to be there. When you know your dates I can see if it overlaps. As you can probably tell we spend enough time up there that I could go on and on. ;D

I guess the bottom line is...if you are going to be doing Disney parks every day, it probably makes sense to consider Disney Resorts, but if you think you'll be spending as much or more time NOT at the Disney parks then you may want to consider other locations.

Really you probably want to be in the Downtown Disney/Lake Buena Vista area (near parks) or you may want to be nearer International Drive which is a larger area, not as near the parks but near all kinds of other tourist areas including SeaWorld and to an extent, Universal Studios (Harry Potter world).

There are so many hotel rooms in that city, I'd be surprised if there aren't more rooms there than any other city in the world...it's seriously scary how many places there are to stay.

Glad I swerved this. I would have flew out last Wednesday.

Our friends got married today. Well, at least they were meant to have done.

Gutted for them. What's it like there mate?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1422: Oct 06, 2016 09:45:16 pm
      Glad I swerved this. I would have flew out last Wednesday.

Our friends got married today. Well, at least they were meant to have done.

Gutted for them. What's it like there mate?

Down my way not too bad, but I'm on the West coast. East coast is going to get hammered later tonight. Orlando could see Hurricane force winds. Likely there will be huge power outages....they are saying 2.5 million people without power out of a state of 20 million.

Disneyworld closes in 15 minutes and will be closed tomorrow, only 4th time in their history they have shut down.

Good thing you didn't make the trip bud.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #1423: Oct 06, 2016 10:17:04 pm
      Down my way not too bad, but I'm on the West coast. East coast is going to get hammered later tonight. Orlando could see Hurricane force winds. Likely there will be huge power outages....they are saying 2.5 million people without power out of a state of 20 million.

Disneyworld closes in 15 minutes and will be closed tomorrow, only 4th time in their history they have shut down.

Good thing you didn't make the trip bud.

No sh*t mate. Feeling for my friends and their families who are there though. I worry about the groom's brother if I'm being honest. He's mad. I've got absolutely no doubt he will want to see more of the hurricane than is healthy.

To put it into context he has gone up and down balconies, room to room, on holiday in Benidorm and wanted to feed a lion a Wotsit through the window of my car at Knowsley Safari Park once. I was glad our two kids were in the back as me reminding him of that is the only thing that stopped him.

I could write a book on him. Let's hope he is feeling like he wants to listen.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1424: Oct 06, 2016 10:28:55 pm
      Haiti looks like it took the brunt of that storm. 

It puts it into context when our own country grinds to a halt when we get more than an inch of snow.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #1425: Oct 06, 2016 10:37:20 pm
      Haiti looks like it took the brunt of that storm. 

It puts it into context when our own country grinds to a halt when we get more than an inch of snow.

Let's not forget the hose pipe bans. But when I go to Spain there are sprinklers on day and night, absolutely everywhere.

Quick Reply