Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Holidays.....

Read 223442 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Holidays.....
      Reply #1518: Aug 31, 2019 12:44:49 am
      Good start to the holiday. Fell off the bed last night pished and split my head open.

Reminds me when i got pissed one friday after work and walking home tripped and headbutted a low wall. Come monday in work my manager dragged me to hospital and i was diagnosed with mild concussion to go with my bloodshot eye
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1519: Aug 31, 2019 01:03:18 am
      Good start to the holiday. Fell off the bed last night pished and split my head open.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry mate but at least you will get some cracking photos on the rest of your holidays! Enjoy.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1520: Aug 31, 2019 09:56:34 am
      Could probably do with stitches. Still a wee bit of blood on the pillow this morning when I wole up but I'm sure I'll live without them.

All fun and games.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1521: Aug 31, 2019 10:22:08 am
      Could probably do with stitches. Still a wee bit of blood on the pillow this morning when I wole up but I'm sure I'll live without them.

All fun and games.

Best to have it checked mate, friend of mine a sparky banged his head 3 years ago on a job & thought nothing of it, spent 3 weeks in hospital recently with a bleed on the brain caused by that injury..

Was having memory loss and anxiety which made him visit the docs..

Not trying to, panic you into action...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1522: Aug 31, 2019 10:23:27 am

All fun and games.

Bloody hell higgy I hope you will be fit for the Burnley match.Does Jürgen know about your injury.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1523: Aug 31, 2019 10:50:02 am
      Best to have it checked mate, friend of mine a sparky banged his head 3 years ago on a job & thought nothing of it, spent 3 weeks in hospital recently with a bleed on the brain caused by that injury..

Was having memory loss and anxiety which made him visit the docs..

Not trying to, panic you into action...

Maybe best then pal, will do it tomorrow. Not risking being stuck in a hospital all day and missing the football later.

Bloody hell higgy I hope you will be fit for the Burnley match.Does Jürgen know about your injury.

I'll be fit and well for the match Billy pal. I'm just waiting on Jürgen's call telling me I'm in the squad.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1524: Sep 04, 2019 01:16:47 pm
      Just rode from Rouen down to Le Mans
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1525: Sep 07, 2019 07:53:53 am
      Rode into Paris  yesterday at rush hour was a blast , even crazier riding the Arc de triomphe at rush hour something I’ll never forget what a buzz
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1526: Sep 07, 2019 08:57:07 am
      Rode into Paris  yesterday at rush hour was a blast , even crazier riding the Arc de triomphe at rush hour something I’ll never forget what a buzz

You on a tour around Europe mate on the bike?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1527: Sep 07, 2019 09:22:33 am

He's conquered all of europe, he's never going to stop...
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1528: Sep 07, 2019 01:31:39 pm
      Little tour mate went down west side down through Normandy onto Rouen then Le Mans , back up the middle to Paris onto Brugge today home tomorrow been a great little tour with good mates .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1529: Sep 09, 2019 01:52:57 pm
      Long story short...

I had a holiday planned and realised it clashed with the CL Final and last game of the league season.

I've now moved everything around to be able to go to Istanbul for the week and I'm going to be in Liverpool for the final weekend.

Question is, it's cheaper to fly to London than Liverpool by £250 - is Virgin Trains still the easiest and cheapest way to get from Heathrow to Liverpool? Also I've seen off-peak tickets be tons cheaper - what times are on and off peak over there?

Thanks anybody! <3
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1530: Sep 12, 2019 08:42:10 pm
      Long story short...

I had a holiday planned and realised it clashed with the CL Final and last game of the league season.

I've now moved everything around to be able to go to Istanbul for the week and I'm going to be in Liverpool for the final weekend.

Question is, it's cheaper to fly to London than Liverpool by £250 - is Virgin Trains still the easiest and cheapest way to get from Heathrow to Liverpool? Also I've seen off-peak tickets be tons cheaper - what times are on and off peak over there?

Thanks anybody! <3

Yeah the west coast line would be your best bet, deffo quickest but not sure if they would be the cheapest necessarily.
      Off peak is generally after 9.30 but before 15.30 and after 7.00pm Mon - Fri.
      Weekends are off peak.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1531: Sep 12, 2019 09:37:46 pm

The trick with the trains is you just have to book in advance to get a decent fare.  Like booking a month or 6 weeks before.

Fares from London to Liverpool start from about £23 (if you get an Advance ticket).  If you turn up on the day wanting a ticket then it's around about £200. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1532: Sep 12, 2019 09:39:51 pm

It's a mission trying to just walk across in front of there, surprises you managed to get your bike off that roundabout at the end.  Fair play to you. 
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1533: Sep 13, 2019 12:22:22 am
      It's a mission trying to just walk across in front of there, surprises you managed to get your bike off that roundabout at the end.  Fair play to you. 
      Surprisingly the car drivers in Paris are very considerate to bike riders , the scooter riders are just plain crazy
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1534: Sep 16, 2019 11:37:47 am
      So, Lisbon.............F***ing magic city.

Favourite bar was a former brothel where they retained the old spirit by F***ing me €18 for an IPA and a G&T........but it was worth it to see.......

I will confess to donning a Celtic top and getting a pic taken for my oldest lad - who still has a toe dipped in Celtic water and the rest of his body in red ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1535: Sep 17, 2019 07:38:53 am
      Thank you both, lads! Appreciate the advice.

The trick with the trains is you just have to book in advance to get a decent fare.  Like booking a month or 6 weeks before.

Fares from London to Liverpool start from about £23 (if you get an Advance ticket).  If you turn up on the day wanting a ticket then it's around about £200. 

What's the best site to book on, mate? Haven't seen anywhere offer a ticket for less than £63 even months out from the date.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1536: Sep 17, 2019 09:32:06 am

What's the best site to book on, mate? Haven't seen anywhere offer a ticket for less than £63 even months out from the date.

If I could chime in mate -Virgin trains the earlier the better. Made the mistake of not doing that on our honeymoon saw the tickets months out for about 40quid, assumed that was the fixed price and bought them on the day in London paid over a 100 for each.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1537: Sep 17, 2019 03:06:04 pm

Just book on National Rail or even through Virgin rail.  I've just had a look at a random day in November and the cheapest advance single from London Euston to Liverpool is £12 and most expensive is £33.  Direct train takes about 2 hours 15.

You can only book up to the start of March so it must be up to 6 months ahead.  You can't book for May time yet.  Come back in November on that one.

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
      https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/
      « Last Edit: Sep 17, 2019 03:11:44 pm by JD »
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1538: Oct 04, 2019 09:12:22 am
      https://www.jet2holidays.com/turkey/dalaman-area/calis/jiva-beach-resort?gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1206481&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIws7sxJOC5QIVia3tCh3xmQpEEAAYASAAEgIhTvD_BwE

Anyone ever stayed around here?

Wife talking about booking here for us next year. Hotel looks absolutely brilliant but I'm not so sure as it doesn't seem to be that close to anything.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1539: Oct 04, 2019 02:55:36 pm
      https://www.jet2holidays.com/turkey/dalaman-area/calis/jiva-beach-resort?gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1206481&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIws7sxJOC5QIVia3tCh3xmQpEEAAYASAAEgIhTvD_BwE

Anyone ever stayed around here?

Wife talking about booking here for us next year. Hotel looks absolutely brilliant but I'm not so sure as it doesn't seem to be that close to anything.

My wife's cousin and her fella have gone to Dalaman town for years and were happy with it until this year, now they say it's got really expensive and are gonna jib it.
      Never been to Dalaman except the airport of course but places elsewhere in Turkey were ridiculously inexpensive, haven't been for a while but my sister goes regularly to Fethiye and she goes again soon and they are allergic to pricey holidays, after going there recently if it was expensive they would jib it.
      We used to go to Calish beach near Fethiye for years and that was cheap and a cracking resort.

Maybe Dalaman is expensive cos it is a hub and a built up area.

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2019 03:00:44 pm by stuey »
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1540: Oct 04, 2019 03:24:44 pm
      My wife's cousin and her fella have gone to Dalaman town for years and were happy with it until this year, now they say it's got really expensive and are gonna jib it.
      Never been to Dalaman except the airport of course but places elsewhere in Turkey were ridiculously inexpensive, haven't been for a while but my sister goes regularly to Fethiye and she goes again soon and they are allergic to pricey holidays, after going there recently if it was expensive they would jib it.
      We used to go to Calish beach near Fethiye for years and that was cheap and a cracking resort.

Maybe Dalaman is expensive cos it is a hub and a built up area.

Cheers Stu.

I'm pretty sure I heard the wife mention Fethiye and Calish so this hotel must be around them parts. All I know is it's an hours taxi journey from the Airport in Dalaman

Would love to head back to Cyprus again but they've cancelled flights to Larnaca from North and South Ireland so that's out the window.

Think I'll give this one a go.

Quick Reply