Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Holidays.....

Read 223446 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Holidays.....
      Reply #1564: Jul 29, 2020 09:01:27 am
      Why is everyone so desperate to go abroad and risk catching Covid-19 and have to self isolate on return and all that bullshit, who needs all that hassle? Just have a nice staycation, plenty of cool places in the UK or wherever you live. There should be no foreign holidays for anyone at the moment until this covid-19 is completely wiped out OR we have full herd immunity OR vaccine.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1565: Jul 29, 2020 09:14:28 am
      Why is everyone so desperate to go abroad and risk catching Covid-19 and have to self isolate on return and all that bullshit, who needs all that hassle? Just have a nice staycation, plenty of cool places in the UK or wherever you live. There should be no foreign holidays for anyone at the moment until this covid-19 is completely wiped out OR we have full herd immunity OR vaccine.

Unpredictable weather & the price I think. I believe a lot of travel companies are throwing deals out at the minute due to the industry being on it's arse and needing the cash. It would probably be cheaper or just about the same for me & my girlfriend to take a holiday abroad for a week than it would to have a week in Devon or somewhere once you factor in things like petrol.

I personally haven't booked anywhere this summer myself mind

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1566: Jul 29, 2020 09:17:26 am
      Unpredictable weather & the price I think. I believe a lot of travel companies are throwing deals out at the minute due to the industry being on it's arse and needing the cash. It would probably be cheaper or just about the same for me & my girlfriend to take a holiday abroad for a week than it would to have a week in Devon or somewhere once you factor in things like petrol.

I personally haven't booked anywhere this summer myself mind

I was really looking forward to having a proper holiday abroad this year but with all this uncertainty its just not worth it, might aim more for a good winter holiday if things have calmed down by then.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1567: Aug 14, 2020 05:12:32 pm
      Anyone been to Turkey recently? Have it booked for 29th September and unsure what to be at. I know you don't have to quarantine on your return at the min.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1568: Sep 04, 2020 10:25:42 pm
      Berlin tomorrow for 6 days to celebrate my 50th........bier, Bowie, other sh*t.......what could possibly go wrong?
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1569: Sep 05, 2020 09:47:06 pm
      Berlin tomorrow for 6 days to celebrate my 50th........bier, Bowie, other sh*t.......what could possibly go wrong?

Have a spiffing time Scotia, I'd love to go to Germany, enjoy and have lots of fun and Happy 50th  ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1570: Sep 06, 2020 12:45:58 pm
      Have a spiffing time Scotia, I'd love to go to Germany, enjoy and have lots of fun and Happy 50th  ;D

Thanks Cas
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1571: Sep 06, 2020 11:44:26 pm
      Happy 50th Scotia. Have a great time in Germany mate.

You so lucky, we can't even travel further then 5kms from our homes due to Covid lockdown and you are travelling to another country! Mind Blown!!!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1572: Sep 10, 2020 05:28:43 am
      Happy 50th Scotia. Have a great time in Germany mate.

You so lucky, we can't even travel further then 5kms from our homes due to Covid lockdown and you are travelling to another country! Mind Blown!!!

Cheers bud. Its been awesome.

Yeah one of my best mates is in Melbourne and he was saying the lack of human contact is starting to grind him down now......
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1573: Sep 10, 2020 02:03:01 pm
      Cheers bud. Its been awesome.

Yeah one of my best mates is in Melbourne and he was saying the lack of human contact is starting to grind him down now......

Damn, half a hundo..... congrats on that. And well in getting to do some travel. My ma wanted to take the family on a trip to Europe this summer, glad I told her to wait till next summer, we’d have been out a lot of dough had we booked it (this was pre covid). My oldest is itching to see some more of the UK. Wants to check out Scotland and Ireland. For some reason he’s mad about Scotland right now. Has even talked of wanting to go to school over there after he graduates this next summer.  Not so sure I’m ready for that but I’d like for him to at least visit. I guess we will see.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1574: Sep 10, 2020 05:31:10 pm
      Wants to check out Scotland and Ireland. For some reason he’s mad about Scotland right now. Has even talked of wanting to go to school over there after he graduates this next summer.  Not so sure I’m ready for that but I’d like for him to at least visit. I guess we will see.

My son lives up in Scotland on his own, left home 7 years ago and did an apprentice with the Forestry commission, he absolutely loves it up there and has no desire to come back to England, got a great job now with the Forestry and has just bought his first house.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1575: Sep 10, 2020 05:57:59 pm
      Damn, half a hundo..... congrats on that. And well in getting to do some travel. My ma wanted to take the family on a trip to Europe this summer, glad I told her to wait till next summer, we’d have been out a lot of dough had we booked it (this was pre covid). My oldest is itching to see some more of the UK. Wants to check out Scotland and Ireland. For some reason he’s mad about Scotland right now. Has even talked of wanting to go to school over there after he graduates this next summer.  Not so sure I’m ready for that but I’d like for him to at least visit. I guess we will see.

If you make it to Ireland next summer give me a shout mate. County Down is where I am.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1576: Sep 10, 2020 06:24:51 pm
      If you make it to Ireland next summer give me a shout mate. County Down is where I am.

That would be awesome. Don’t know much about Ireland myself. My wife’s got some Irish ancestry. Donegal I believe so I’m sure she’d like to visit there if we get over there.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1577: Sep 10, 2020 06:37:34 pm
      That would be awesome. Don’t know much about Ireland myself. My wife’s got some Irish ancestry. Donegal I believe so I’m sure she’d like to visit there if we get over there.

It's a beautiful part of the world mate and if you're into golf at all you can play one of the world's top courses.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1578: Sep 10, 2020 09:06:07 pm

Cheers bud. Well if you or the lad get over let me know and I'll reach out.

Crazy times. Berlin was awesome.

The beer, surprisingly, pretty mediocre......
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #1579: Sep 24, 2020 06:43:42 pm
      Well seeing All my plans so far this year have been fuffed up!, looks like i'll have to like many others hope 2021 will be ok, so we've booked for Egypt June & Turkey Sept.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1580: Sep 25, 2020 11:24:47 am
      Well seeing All my plans so far this year have been fuffed up!, looks like i'll have to like many others hope 2021 will be ok, so we've booked for Egypt June & Turkey Sept.

I've got no idea what to do really with holidays.  Our middle lad is 5 so his passport ran out this summer and I haven't bothered to get it replaced yet as thought it was pointless.

Why are you not going away this year - is it the quarantine on the return stuff or have they pulled the holidays?
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #1581: Sep 25, 2020 03:03:31 pm
      I've got no idea what to do really with holidays.  Our middle lad is 5 so his passport ran out this summer and I haven't bothered to get it replaced yet as thought it was pointless.

Why are you not going away this year - is it the quarantine on the return stuff or have they pulled the holidays?

Had 2 holidays scrapped refunded and two long weekend trips abroad scrapped because of covid and it looks like Christmas away has had it.Damn.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #1582: Mar 14, 2021 03:21:37 pm
      Do you think we have any chance of getting away in June?.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1583: Mar 16, 2021 10:35:46 am
      Do you think we have any chance of getting away in June?.

Blackpool maybe Al??
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1584: Feb 10, 2022 03:28:55 pm
      Bit the bullet and booked a driving holiday in Croatia.

Still thinking about a tour around Seville and Granada.

Not been on a plane for over 2 years 😳

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1585: Feb 10, 2022 04:20:05 pm

Nice mate, enjoy..👍🏼👊🏼

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1586: Feb 10, 2022 04:21:03 pm

Been almost two for me and right now I have no desire to fly. Enjoy your driving tour, that sounds like my kind of trip.

Quick Reply