Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Holidays.....

Read 223510 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Holidays.....
      Reply #1633: Mar 26, 2022 01:45:19 am
      My Mrs won't get jabbed so didn't think I was going to get to my happy place in Spain but, she's had Covid, this week. I hope I'm right in saying that she can go there, on the back of having it.

Within 6 months yes.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1634: Mar 26, 2022 05:00:44 am

Bro, I never travel to a place unless I know I can get 100%  :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1635: Mar 26, 2022 10:50:04 am

Awesome

Can u get weed there Bro?

;D

Probably I defo could smell some when out and about.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1636: Mar 27, 2022 12:38:36 am
      My Mrs won't get jabbed so didn't think I was going to get to my happy place in Spain but, she's had Covid, this week. I hope I'm right in saying that she can go there, on the back of having it.

If you're vaccinated then you can mate.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1637: Mar 27, 2022 02:16:11 am
      ;D

Probably I defo could smell some when out and about.

Tick, it's on the list!  :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1638: Mar 27, 2022 08:28:24 am
      If you're vaccinated then you can mate.

I think she can go without being vaccinated if she's had Covid in the last six months, bud
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,096 posts | 1637 
      Reply #1639: Mar 27, 2022 09:06:56 am
      I think she can go without being vaccinated if she's had Covid in the last six months, bud

180 days yeh  . Im going Greece in Aug so ideally need my 9 Yr old to get it again rather than pissing around with a PCR
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1640: Mar 27, 2022 11:58:21 am

Sorry I wasn't clear......I meant you, her and weans can go if she's had it and your vaccinated (or had it).....

Green for go Dave lad 😉
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #1641: Mar 27, 2022 12:00:40 pm
      Sorry I wasn't clear......I meant you, her and weans can go if she's had it and your vaccinated (or had it).....

Green for go Dave lad 😉

I'll have to get boosted i think as had second jab last July
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1642: Mar 27, 2022 12:05:33 pm
      I'll have to get boosted i think as had second jab last July

Y sounds right mate. You have to be vaccinated within 270 days for Spain (9 months).

Get it sorted and get on it man 😉

We're having a ball.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #1643: Mar 27, 2022 12:14:52 pm
      Y sounds right mate. You have to be vaccinated within 270 days for Spain (9 months).

Get it sorted and get on it man 😉

We're having a ball.

Oh I am, mate. Will be going to La Cala De Mijas in next couple of months.

Have a great time, Al
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #1644: May 03, 2022 10:19:19 pm
      A week in Co. Donegal in a cottage with the dogs for us at the moment.

Glencolumbkille not far from Killybegs. As idyllic as you would like and spent the last few days either looking at some of the tallest sea cliffs in Europe or ok the beach with the dogs.

Just what the doctor ordered.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1645: May 03, 2022 10:45:26 pm
      A week in Co. Donegal in a cottage with the dogs for us at the moment.

Glencolumbkille not far from Killybegs. As idyllic as you would like and spent the last few days either looking at some of the tallest sea cliffs in Europe or ok the beach with the dogs.

Just what the doctor ordered.

sounds perfect
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #1646: May 04, 2022 09:12:20 pm

Been great mate.

Another day walking on the beaches with the dogs

To top it off Liam Neeson and Ciaran Hinds filming a new movie in the village down the road. Managed to stop off and see them film a scene.

Always wanted to see a movie being shot on location.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #1647: May 06, 2022 11:02:06 pm
      Been great mate.

Another day walking on the beaches with the dogs

To top it off Liam Neeson and Ciaran Hinds filming a new movie in the village down the road. Managed to stop off and see them film a scene.

Always wanted to see a movie being shot on location.

Si, just with Diego, chatting about your holiday and how i was saying the other day that I fancy Ireland for a school summer holidays trip.  Gonna need your advice, I think
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #1648: May 07, 2022 03:24:52 pm
      Si, just with Diego, chatting about your holiday and how i was saying the other day that I fancy Ireland for a school summer holidays trip.  Gonna need your advice, I think

Anytime mate.

Wednesday was wet so my wife rested in the cottage and I spent the afternoon in Kilcar watching the movie filming.

Lovely and sunny today so had a lovely walk on Glencolumbkille beach just down from the cottage.

Ireland is a fantastic place for a holiday. Beauty living here is no ferries or flights. Just drive.
      bobbyrogers
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #1649: May 19, 2022 09:43:28 pm
      Where's everybody been (or going) on your holidays?

I'm just back from Spain.  Had a beer in Rafael's bar... had a meal at Paco Alonso...

Was near Torremolinos so no decent footy sides about - Malaga are Segunda Liga and not sure which division Torremolinos are in.

Loads of Valencia shirts knocking about tho.

Anyway, I had a great time and would highly recommend it.  The harbour in Benalmedina is great just to look at all the fancy boats.  Well some of them are almost ships.

We went to Portugal a few weeks ago. Great country. Good food and cheap beer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1650: Jun 07, 2022 03:18:49 pm
      So looks like we may be taking a family vacation overseas next summer. Would like to do 2 full weeks. We want to see Ireland, obviously Liverpool and then as much of England as possible (including some time in and around London).

Think my wife's family tracks back to Donegal (county) so we'd like to see that area, obviously Dublin but would take advice on anywhere else in Ireland we should see. Wondering about transportation. If I were going on a vacation in the US I'd just rent a car and drive everywhere. Wasn't sure if that was worthwhile or a good option for what we are thinking about doing. Any advice whatsoever would be appreciated, how we should travel, places we should see. My wife and son have been to London, the rest of us have not. None of us has been to Liverpool, I at least need to take a tour of Anfield if possible and check out the city (especially any Beatles specific stops). Not even sure where to start with all of this to be honest. Feels like two weeks isn't enough time but that's probably all I can afford to be off of work. Probably need to go sometime in late May, early June ideally.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1651: Jun 07, 2022 03:25:33 pm
      So looks like we may be taking a family vacation overseas next summer. Would like to do 2 full weeks. We want to see Ireland, obviously Liverpool and then as much of England as possible (including some time in and around London).

Think my wife's family tracks back to Donegal (county) so we'd like to see that area, obviously Dublin but would take advice on anywhere else in Ireland we should see. Wondering about transportation. If I were going on a vacation in the US I'd just rent a car and drive everywhere. Wasn't sure if that was worthwhile or a good option for what we are thinking about doing. Any advice whatsoever would be appreciated, how we should travel, places we should see. My wife and son have been to London, the rest of us have not. None of us has been to Liverpool, I at least need to take a tour of Anfield if possible and check out the city (especially any Beatles specific stops). Not even sure where to start with all of this to be honest. Feels like two weeks isn't enough time but that's probably all I can afford to be off of work. Probably need to go sometime in late May, early June ideally.

just keep in touch when you know dates etc you could spend two weeks in Liverpool alone and not see all there is to see .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1652: Jun 07, 2022 03:27:33 pm
      just keep in touch when you know dates etc you could spend two weeks in Liverpool alone and not see all there is to see .

Yea that's kind of what I'm afraid of...planning time in places and then realizing I wanted to stay longer in certain places than others. Hard to know until you are there I guess.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1653: Jun 07, 2022 04:24:36 pm
      Yea that's kind of what I'm afraid of...planning time in places and then realizing I wanted to stay longer in certain places than others. Hard to know until you are there I guess.

The Beatles tour is a good one, Mathew St where the original Cavern was, the "Cavern" is a synthetic product of the original and a more realistic experience is another cellar club further up Mathew St.
      Been to Dublin a few times and there is a lot to see, suggest you pick up a tourist brochure guide which will put you on the right track, to be honest exploring rural Ireland can be great fun and you get a feel for the real Ireland,

Can only wish you and your family a really happy and safe vacation, it's all there for you mate enjoy the discovery.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1654: Jun 07, 2022 05:27:45 pm
      The Beatles tour is a good one, Mathew St where the original Cavern was, the "Cavern" is a synthetic product of the original and a more realistic experience is another cellar club further up Mathew St.
      Been to Dublin a few times and there is a lot to see, suggest you pick up a tourist brochure guide which will put you on the right track, to be honest exploring rural Ireland can be great fun and you get a feel for the real Ireland,

Can only wish you and your family a really happy and safe vacation, it's all there for you mate enjoy the discovery.

I'll be honest, I'd love to spend about a month touring around Europe...unfortunately work and $$$ will limit my ability to do that. Maybe one day I'll see if I can take a work abroad sabbatical.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1655: Jun 07, 2022 06:35:24 pm
      you can save a lot of time if your with someone who knows where to go and I am sure we can find some local guides at that time.

Quick Reply