Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Holidays.....

Read 223418 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Holidays.....
      Reply #1656: Jun 07, 2022 07:09:55 pm
      So looks like we may be taking a family vacation overseas next summer. Would like to do 2 full weeks. We want to see Ireland, obviously Liverpool and then as much of England as possible (including some time in and around London).

Think my wife's family tracks back to Donegal (county) so we'd like to see that area, obviously Dublin but would take advice on anywhere else in Ireland we should see. Wondering about transportation. If I were going on a vacation in the US I'd just rent a car and drive everywhere. Wasn't sure if that was worthwhile or a good option for what we are thinking about doing. Any advice whatsoever would be appreciated, how we should travel, places we should see. My wife and son have been to London, the rest of us have not. None of us has been to Liverpool, I at least need to take a tour of Anfield if possible and check out the city (especially any Beatles specific stops). Not even sure where to start with all of this to be honest. Feels like two weeks isn't enough time but that's probably all I can afford to be off of work. Probably need to go sometime in late May, early June ideally.

Was over in Donegal for a week last month. Any tips give me a shout mate.

Beautiful part of the world.

Lots of people from the US drive around Ireland. And you can get the ferry to England or Scotland as well
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1657: Jun 07, 2022 07:22:07 pm
      Was over in Donegal for a week last month. Any tips give me a shout mate.

Beautiful part of the world.

Lots of people from the US drive around Ireland. And you can get the ferry to England or Scotland as well

Sound.

Initially I'm thinking maybe spend 4 or 5 days in Ireland, maybe start in Dublin, then explore up towards Donegal, possibly towards the end of that time take a ferry over to Scotland and then work our way back south through Liverpool and eventually to London leaving from Heathrow. I know 2 weeks won't be enough time and I really hate to be under a time crunch, but we will be trying to cram as much as we can into the time we'll have. I know trains and ferries are more ingrained in the culture over there, whereas here we just take a car everywhere. I'm not super sensitive to the cost of one vs. the other but want to make sure we pick the most efficient and what works best for carting the family around. I'm a sucker for scenic drives and being able to stop in little towns and pubs/restaurants.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #1658: Jun 07, 2022 10:20:30 pm
      Sound.

Initially I'm thinking maybe spend 4 or 5 days in Ireland, maybe start in Dublin, then explore up towards Donegal, possibly towards the end of that time take a ferry over to Scotland and then work our way back south through Liverpool and eventually to London leaving from Heathrow. I know 2 weeks won't be enough time and I really hate to be under a time crunch, but we will be trying to cram as much as we can into the time we'll have. I know trains and ferries are more ingrained in the culture over there, whereas here we just take a car everywhere. I'm not super sensitive to the cost of one vs. the other but want to make sure we pick the most efficient and what works best for carting the family around. I'm a sucker for scenic drives and being able to stop in little towns and pubs/restaurants.

If you get the chance FL drive the West coast of Scotland, up through Glencoe, past the Glennfinnan Monument and onto Mallaig and Skye. I've done a few trips up there hiking, climbing, fishing, playing golf and just taking in the fresh air and scenery. It is quite stunning.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1659: Jun 07, 2022 10:27:21 pm
      Sound.

To be honest where I'm from in Ireland train culture isn't a thing either as the network just isn't there.

Be great of your wife knew where in Donegal her folks came from and visit there. 4/5 days I'd say maybe best 2 days, one night in Dublin then make your way up to Donegal for the rest.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1660: Aug 08, 2022 11:20:51 pm
      Currently on my holibobs.  I'm in Fuerteventura which so far is great!  Feel like we got a pretty good deal for the five of us as well.  Think this is going to work out a lot cheaper than two weeks getting ripped off in the UK like we were last year.

I was expecting Covid checks on arrival because you have to have had a booster in the last nine months but nobody at the airport asked me to show anything.

Happy to report the LFC/Utd kit ratio is highly in our favour as well!
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #1661: Aug 09, 2022 03:10:09 pm
      Currently on my holibobs.  I'm in Fuerteventura which so far is great!  Feel like we got a pretty good deal for the five of us as well.  Think this is going to work out a lot cheaper than two weeks getting ripped off in the UK like we were last year.

I was expecting Covid checks on arrival because you have to have had a booster in the last nine months but nobody at the airport asked me to show anything.

Happy to report the LFC/Utd kit ratio is highly in our favour as well!

Enjoy mate, hope you all have a Great time and keep the kits flowing.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1662: Aug 10, 2022 11:56:33 am
      Off to Croatia on Saturday for a week.

Can’t wait 🙂
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1663: Aug 10, 2022 12:09:01 pm
      I was in Tenerife back in March seems like ages ago :(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1664: Aug 21, 2022 12:02:49 pm
      Back home now.  Had a great time.  Late flight so not back till about 4:30 this morning.  Thought the Canary Islands was great for kids thanks to the breeze but I'll be honest - I had factor 50 on all week!   Can see myself going back in the future.

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1665: Aug 25, 2022 10:33:57 pm
      Heading off end of September to Turkey. 1st time we'll be taking the little one away.

Anyone any tips for taking a 6 month old on holidays?

Dreading the flight incase we're the cu*ts with a screaming baby on it 🤣
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1666: Aug 30, 2022 12:13:19 pm
      Just back from combining a wedding in Marbella and trips to Granada and Ronda, never been to the Costa del Sol before.

I had Forgotten how much I hate driving abroad 😳
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #1667: Nov 14, 2022 03:29:46 pm
      Lanzarote Jan 2nd nice 2 weeks really need this break after a crap year.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1668: Nov 14, 2022 10:29:47 pm
      Done Munich in August and Madrid in October for a week......both excellent.

Off for a long weekend in York with the inlaws - they've not been away since pre C19 - then we've got a wk in Tenerife in Jan for the Mrs 50th.......

Athens March.......Cornwall June.......Tenerife August and Copenhagen Oct / Nov in 2023......and maybe,  just maybe, a weekend in Istanbul.......🙏

Tenerife in
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1669: Nov 15, 2022 08:13:38 am

Off for a long weekend in York with the inlaws - they've not been away since pre C19 - then we've got a wk in Tenerife in Jan for the Mrs 50th.......

Athens March.......Cornwall June.......Tenerife August and Copenhagen Oct / Nov in 2023......and maybe,  just maybe, a weekend in Istanbul.......🙏

Tenerife in

Not bad for some Scotia  ;D enjoy
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1670: Nov 15, 2022 08:28:14 am

Tenerife in

Jesus F***ing Christ. Must be some money in woodwork at home.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1671: Nov 15, 2022 11:54:56 am
      Jesus f**king Christ. Must be some money in woodwork at home.

People pay big money for good wood dawg 😘

Im still a banker too......
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1672: Nov 15, 2022 12:45:55 pm
      Was supposed to go to Wyoming/Idaho right after Christmas for a week in the mountains but F**k me the price of airfare we may end up staying home now and doing some local travel (Florida Keys maybe). You can fly overseas cheaper than flying out west. Ridiculous.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1673: Nov 15, 2022 01:35:01 pm
      Jesus f**king Christ. Must be some money in woodwork at home.

Wood prices gone through the roof these last two years or so. Recently got a new garden shed and it was over a bag.  :f_doh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1674: Nov 15, 2022 01:42:46 pm
      Far East 2 week trip booked for March combing Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia and Borneo.

Mrs still teaching so costing a bloody arm and leg 😒
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1675: Nov 15, 2022 07:41:53 pm
      Far East 2 week trip booked for March combing Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia and Borneo.

That's sounds amazing.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1676: Nov 15, 2022 09:49:01 pm

Sounds awesome bud
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #1677: Nov 27, 2022 12:08:08 pm
      35 days and counting till Lanzarote.........
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1678: Nov 30, 2022 09:01:59 pm
      Just bagged a week in Palermo pre Easter.....any recommendatons let me know

Quick Reply