Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Holidays.....

Read 223438 times
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Re: Holidays.....
      Reply #1679: Dec 29, 2022 01:43:34 pm
      Lanzarote on Monday, Sun,sea and sangria.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1680: Jan 10, 2023 10:41:02 pm
      Lanzarote on Monday, Sun,sea and sangria.

Hope u had a good un pal. Tenerife a wk tomorrow for me
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1681: Feb 08, 2023 09:29:38 am
      Great week in Tenerife in Jan......7 wk till Palermo now :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1682: Feb 08, 2023 02:29:32 pm
      Still planning on hitting the UK this summer (probably June) for a couple weeks.

Thinking about flying into Dublin, getting a car and exploring Ireland for 3 or 4 days, then we need to get to Scotland (Ferry?), explore for a couple of days, then see as much of England as we can in the remaining time (by car I presume), flying home from London most likely. I'm fine with just a couple of days in London, I want to see more of the countryside, small villages and such so we'll probably try to maximize our time seeing as much of the country as we can.

That sound viable?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1683: Feb 08, 2023 02:36:49 pm
      Still planning on hitting the UK this summer (probably June) for a couple weeks.

Thinking about flying into Dublin, getting a car and exploring Ireland for 3 or 4 days, then we need to get to Scotland (Ferry?), explore for a couple of days, then see as much of England as we can in the remaining time (by car I presume), flying home from London most likely. I'm fine with just a couple of days in London, I want to see more of the countryside, small villages and such so we'll probably try to maximize our time seeing as much of the country as we can.

That sound viable?

Absolutely

Yeah a car would be your best bet to explore the rural parts. You won’t and definitely don’t need a car in London but if you finish your trip in London that would make sense.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1684: Feb 08, 2023 05:39:05 pm

That sound viable?

Yep. Belfast to Stranraer ferry to Scotland
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1685: Feb 08, 2023 06:19:05 pm

That sound viable?

Going every where in England yet no mention of going to Liverpool?....... Interesting.   8) 8) 8)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1686: Feb 11, 2023 12:00:27 pm

Yeah ditch the car before you get to the English cities.  I can't abide driving in the cities anymore.

Car for the countryside.  Lake District and North Yorkshire have some great sights.  I'm a big fan of Whitby and places like that.  Only just went there for the first time quite recently - some great little villages.  If you are coming down from Scotland you could go to Cumbria for a few days and then slide across to North Yorkshire.  The city of York is very historical obviously and is a decent network hub on the train network to then head to the cities.

All sorts of types of accomodation springing up mostly on working farms in rural areas - glamping pods with hot tubs, little cottages and the sort.  Definitely look into those sorts of things rather than just doing hotels. 

May and June can be really good weather in this country - obviously can be terrible as well but for the past few years I think the start of summer has been much better than the end - those first few months of lockdown were absolutely glorious weather wise.

Enjoy the exchange rate!  I remember when the reverse was the case!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1687: Mar 28, 2023 10:04:33 pm
      Off to the Far East for two weeks on Thursday, can’t wait for the sweltering heat of Malaysia and Cambodia,  this winter seems to have gone on for ever!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1688: Mar 29, 2023 09:19:39 pm
      Dont suppose anyone knows a reds bar in Palermo?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1689: Apr 15, 2023 05:50:31 pm
      Anyone been to Marmaris lately?

Was there 3 years ago and it was dirt cheap but hearing the prices are shocking now. Bottle of Efes a fiver as an example.

I was in Fethiye in Turkey last year and it was still cheap enough but have heard Marmaris is different level.

Heading in 3 weeks, then back to Fethiye in September.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1690: Apr 15, 2023 08:15:23 pm
      Looks like the trip overseas is on hold this year. Hopefully next summer. Summer coming too fast and we just haven’t had time to make plans.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1691: Apr 16, 2023 10:48:29 pm
      I need one!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1692: Apr 17, 2023 08:40:00 am

Hopefully not Manchester, had enough of you on the last one.  :f_whistle:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1693: Apr 17, 2023 09:37:03 am
      Hopefully not Manchester, had enough of you on the last one.  :f_whistle:

Probably wants to go somewhere where the sun shines more than once a year.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1694: Apr 17, 2023 10:43:29 am
      Quote from FATKOPITE10 link=topic=848.msg2543995#msg2543995   date=1681720623
      Probably wants to go somewhere where the sun shines more than once a year.

Plenty of that at Old Trafford these days Kopite.    :f_whistle:  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1695: Apr 18, 2023 01:42:49 am
      Plenty of that at Old Trafford these days Kopite.    :f_whistle:  :lmao:

Outside yer arse!

No thanks, will give it a miss!  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1696: Apr 18, 2023 10:00:08 am
      Outside yer arse!

No thanks, will give it a miss!  :D

Come on! I’ll show you what a proper ground looks like.   ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1697: Apr 18, 2023 10:13:16 am

That sound viable?

Just patch England mate, spend more time in Scotland. l o l
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1698: May 12, 2023 07:25:00 pm
      Had a stye in my eye last week, never had any bother with them and they usually go away within 3-4 days.

Currently sat over a week later away in Turkey with one eye nearly closed over.

It's spread from the inside of the bottom eyelid to the outside and now my top eyelid is worse looking.

Have tried teabags, cucumbers and anti histamines and none have worked.

At least the weather's warm and the beer's cold!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1699: May 12, 2023 07:32:21 pm
      Had a stye in my eye last week, never had any bother with them and they usually go away within 3-4 days.

It's spread from the inside of the bottom eyelid to the outside and now my top eyelid is worse looking.

Must add I'm sick of cu*ts saying my wife's hit me a slap. Have heard it at least a dozen times in 4 days.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1700: May 12, 2023 08:21:12 pm

Has  her indoors given you a slap.   :f_whistle:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1701: May 12, 2023 09:40:59 pm

Sorry to hear that Higgy, hope it's not ruined your holiday too much,  see the Doc when you get home and get some anti biotics or something.

Quick Reply