Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Holidays.....

Read 224872 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Re: Holidays.....
      Reply #1702: May 12, 2023 09:58:30 pm
      Had a stye in my eye last week, never had any bother with them and they usually go away within 3-4 days.

Had one of those about 5 years ago. Went to the hospital and they inverted my eyelid blah blah. Complete waste of time.

Couple of weeks later it popped while I was watching footy. I wiped my eye and was scared when my hand was full of blood, and then that was it.

sh*t that it happened on a holiday though. Although you do have cheaper beer!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #1703: May 13, 2023 05:43:07 am
      Had one of those about 5 years ago. Went to the hospital and they inverted my eyelid blah blah. Complete waste of time.

Couple of weeks later it popped while I was watching footy. I wiped my eye and was scared when my hand was full of blood, and then that was it.

sh*t that it happened on a holiday though. Although you do have cheaper beer!

All inclusive beer so even better.

It is a pain though and looks a bit worse this morning. Will leave it til tomorrow and if it's any worse I'll see if I can get some anti biotics from a chemist over here or something.

Cheers Cas and piss off Keith 🤣
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #1704: May 13, 2023 02:29:35 pm
      Watched the Rangers Celtic game in the Ibrox bar in Marmaris.

Wife fancies herself as a Rangers fan after a few drinks, I don't give a F**k about Scottish football.

You've never seen more of an embarrassment from fans in your life. Your biggest rivals have already won the league and these ones are getting on like they've won it. Nevermind the sectarian chants as well.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1705: May 24, 2023 03:57:25 pm
      Booked a long weekend Thursday to Monday in the big Apple.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,745 posts | 6718 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1706: Nov 19, 2023 03:34:15 am
      Forgot to tell you peeps

Off to Vegas Cabo Mexico City and Cancun for next 3 weeks

At NZ airport waiting For connecting flight to LA right now

Will be in Cabo for City game. Hopefully I can keep eyes opened long enough to watch us Bring home the 3 points

Laterz
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #1707: Nov 19, 2023 09:22:54 am
      Forgot to tell you peeps

Will be in Cabo for City game. Hopefully I can keep eyes opened long enough to watch us Bring home the 3 points

Laterz

Have a great time mate.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1708: Nov 19, 2023 07:36:51 pm
      Forgot to tell you peeps

Laterz

Enjoy pal.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #1709: Nov 19, 2023 08:12:54 pm
      Forgot to tell you peeps

Laterz

Have a great time Aussie
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #1710: Nov 21, 2023 11:15:23 am
      Not exactly a holiday, but really enjoy our trips to Blackpool. A few of us usually book in a B&B, straight to the Mitre pub, reckoned to be the smallest pub in the town. Meet some very friendly people have a few beers, than walk to the Soul Suite, lively friendly place playing Northern soul music, always someone to dance with, grab a bite to eat, catch a taxi to Wainwrights, main soul cub, usually arrive back one am in the morning.

A great weekend for a few lively pensioners !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,745 posts | 6718 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1711: Nov 25, 2023 04:39:05 am

Cheers Lads, couldn’t quote all of u

All I can say is the weed is primo and the Coke sensational.

Off my F***ing head non stop…I need a holiday from all the drugs and booze I have consumed and it’s only been 5 days, almost 10 days to go still 😁😂

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,309 posts | 6374 
      Reply #1712: Apr 23, 2024 05:10:30 pm
      On the verge of booking a trip to England/Ireland. Flying into Dublin, 3 days in Ireland, then fly to London and spend a few nights in the Cotswolds, a night in Liverpool, a night maybe around Cambridge and then two nights in London before flying home.

10 days total. Looks like we'll have a car to explore the country, any tips on driving to or around Liverpool? Probably only going to have part of two days (arrival and departure days) there. Thinking of staying right around Liverpool ONE? Is that a good location to explore from? Definitely want to try and do the Anfield tour and hit some of the Beatles sights.

Trying to cram a lot of travel into a reasonably short time but don't have much of a choice...will probably need a vacation to rest when I get back from this vacation.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2797 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1713: Apr 23, 2024 05:11:11 pm
      On the verge of booking a trip to England/Ireland. Flying into Dublin, 3 days in Ireland, then fly to London and spend a few nights in the Cotswolds, a night in Liverpool, a night maybe around Cambridge and then two nights in London before flying home.

10 days total. Looks like we'll have a car to explore the country, any tips on driving to or around Liverpool? Probably only going to have part of two days (arrival and departure days) there. Thinking of staying right around Liverpool One? Is that a good location to explore from? Definitely want to try and do the Anfield tour and hit some of the Beatles sights.

Trying to cram a lot of travel into a reasonably short time but don't have much of a choice...will probably need a vacation to rest when I get back from this vacation.

You must have a few quid!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4918 
      Reply #1714: Apr 23, 2024 06:24:54 pm

10 days total. Looks like we'll have a car to explore the country, any tips on driving to or around Liverpool? Probably only going to have part of two days (arrival and departure days) there. Thinking of staying right around Liverpool ONE? Is that a good location to explore from? Definitely want to try and do the Anfield tour and hit some of the Beatles sights.

Last time you were planning this I said you can pick my brains on the Ireland leg mate

Offer still open.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,309 posts | 6374 
      Reply #1715: Apr 23, 2024 06:56:42 pm
      Last time you were planning this I said you can pick my brains on the Ireland leg mate

Offer still open.

Much appreciated.

My fear is we just aren't going to have enough time in Ireland, but at this point, our schedule is what it is. I figured not as much time as we like is better than no time at all.

We'll have three nights in Ireland, flying into Dublin arriving very early on a Thursday, flying back out of Dublin very early on a Sunday. The one non-negotiable is that my wife would like to see Donegal. Other than that we are pretty open to whatever. I assume it will be a lot of driving. So we'll have most of Thursday, all of Friday and all of Saturday. I know we could spend an entire week or more exploring but with Donegal being a key spot, is there anything else you'd suggest knowing we start and end in Dublin? Would we be best to leave for Donegal the day we arrive, or see Dublin for the day and leave for Donegal early Friday morning?

Also, would we be better off staying in Donegal or maybe spending the day there and then driving somewhere more "central" for our next day?

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4918 
      Reply #1716: Apr 23, 2024 07:14:03 pm
      Much appreciated.

My fear is we just aren't going to have enough time in Ireland, but at this point, our schedule is what it is. I figured not as much time as we like is better than no time at all.

We'll have three nights in Ireland, flying into Dublin arriving very early on a Thursday, flying back out of Dublin very early on a Sunday. The one non-negotiable is that my wife would like to see Donegal. Other than that we are pretty open to whatever. I assume it will be a lot of driving. So we'll have most of Thursday, all of Friday and all of Saturday. I know we could spend an entire week or more exploring but with Donegal being a key spot, is there anything else you'd suggest knowing we start and end in Dublin? Would we be best to leave for Donegal the day we arrive, or see Dublin for the day and leave for Donegal early Friday morning?

Also, would we be better off staying in Donegal or maybe spending the day there and then driving somewhere more "central" for our next day?

With that schedule it's quite tight and you know.

I'd suggest spend the afternoon/evening in Dublin then early up to Donegal for the Friday. Stick to south Donegal, Killybegs area, as you can then go to Sliabh Liag cliffs and tour that area. Too much to then try and do more of the county.

Saturday then you can make your way back to Dublin through the Fermanagh lakes and Cavan. That's the most direct route I think and means you see a bit of the countryside as well.

It all depends how much of Dublin you want to see but for me Donegal I'd be spending as much time as I could there. Easy for me to say though living on the island and can go to Dublin within an hour anytime I want
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2024 07:24:16 pm by srslfc »

Quick Reply