Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid -> Man City)

Read 320783 times
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Re: Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid)
      Reply #23: Jul 15, 2008 07:26:43 am
      would be a much better signing than keane, this lad is destined for great things saw him against real last season and they just couldnt stop him, he got a hat trick that day. he is only a kid, this lad is going to be a superstar, himself an torres would be unstoppable, anyone thats has seen keane over the last 10 years and not just last season and a half knows aguero is a step up from him, I like robbie being irish and all, but ive being talking to loads of lads involved in the professional game in ireland about keane over the last few days and we are all of the same opinion robbie is a good player not great player, he is very clever but is slow and isnt the the strongest, while he has being good the last year and a half, there is an opinion that he has over performed, robbie is not a top 4 player and to be honest would really struggle in the formation we played last year unless he was playing in either the position occupied by torres or gerrard. I'm sorry to say if robbie came I think in the long run people would be disappointed with him but being irish I would like him to succeed
      Yes he might be good,but would you take a 35mil gamble on him.Remember the PL is much more physical than La Liga.I dont think this kid would survive.Kean has experience in this league,He might not have alot of pace and skill but his got a footballers mind exactly like Stevie G.Kean would definitely fit into LFC and i really hope he comes to us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Sep 20, 2008 05:54:24 pm
      He could be tempted to Inter if Diego Maradonna does becoem their assistant coach, those of you wondering why it is because he is Maradonna's son-in-law :o

Reports in Italy suggest that the Argentine legend will join the Nerazzurri as a member of the team’s coaching staff.

Salvatore Bagni, who is the intermediary between Moratti and Maradona, believes that El Pibe De Or is ready to sign for Inter as soon as possible.

This has lead to rife speculation that the 1986 World Cup winner will be used to convince Aguero to swap the Vicente Calderon for San Siro.

“There is a great feeling between Maradona and Moratti. The impact was excellent and Maradona is happy with what the Inter chief said about him,” Bagni told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

“Diego is currently in Buenos Aires and he will return to Italy in November but if Inter needed him now, he would fly over straight away.”

Inter are keen on the Atletico hit-man and they tried to swoop for him in the summer when Nerazzurri director Marco Branca bid €25m plus Dejan Stankovic but the La Liga side was having none of it.

The Colchoneros have put a €55m release clause in ‘Kun’s’ contract which expires in 2012.

However, Inter’s plan is to get Maradona to convince his son-in-law to part-company with Atletico should Moratti hire him.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=873244
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #25: Sep 20, 2008 07:29:29 pm
      He could be tempted to Inter if Diego Maradonna does becoem their assistant coach, those of you wondering why it is because he is Maradonna's son-in-law :o

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=873244

He isnt his son on law just yet i dont think, but still :P i dont see him in athletico for much longer
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Sep 21, 2008 10:09:35 am
      30mil for a 20 year old.What has this world come to.Yes he might be good and still young but 30mil,Ridiculous.Kean will still be the best option.Harder worker and that experience in the PL will be key.

Do you actually have any knowledge about football at all lmao? Kun Aguero is an amazing talent, he isnt 1 of the most wanted players in world football for nothing, tbh I think £30m will be a reasonable fee. £20m we paid for keane and hes 29, an extra £10m for 9 more years of football amazement by the young lad. Couldnt see somebody making a bigger impact than him tbh. I dont think you know about Aguero seriously do you? I would pay £30m for him anyday, why not splash out once in a while.

would be a much better signing than keane, this lad is destined for great things saw him against real last season and they just couldnt stop him, he got a hat trick that day. he is only a kid, this lad is going to be a superstar, himself an torres would be unstoppable, anyone thats has seen keane over the last 10 years and not just last season and a half knows aguero is a step up from him,

Finally somebody that has the same view has me:). Well said mate
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Sep 21, 2008 12:38:41 pm
      Dont need him, tried and failed with Nando. PS: Would get smacked a few in this league.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #28: Sep 21, 2008 01:01:05 pm
      I can't see us getting him for the simple fact, we haven't got the money.  The Yanks will laugh in Rafa's face if he wants that kind of money. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Sep 21, 2008 03:33:54 pm
      I can't see us getting him for the simple fact, we haven't got the money.  The Yanks will laugh in Rafa's face if he wants that kind of money. 

Potential sale value is the only hope he has of buying someone, something Aguero has and most Spaniards, Brazilians etc all have. That is why British players are unlikely to walk through. Keane did but it cost us missing out on Barry.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30: Sep 21, 2008 04:24:19 pm
      If you dont know the guy then dont talk about him because it is showing quite clearly that most people posting on here havent got a clue in the slightest. He is an amazing player that would get into ANY team in the WORLD. Nobody could afford to leave such a talent out of their team unless they have mental problems. Thats the type of player this kid is.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #31: Sep 21, 2008 05:36:12 pm
      this guy is a special tallent, just watch him wen we play them in the champs league. he will be a right handfull. i hope he dont score. love watchin him, hes got the tricks and tallent.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #32: Sep 25, 2008 11:10:04 am
      City are going to bid £48m for him triggering his release clause (BBC)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33: Sep 25, 2008 11:24:43 am
      City are going to bid £48m for him triggering his release clause (BBC)

I hope City get snubbed by every world class player that they go for.  Wannabee's.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34: Sep 25, 2008 10:32:11 pm
      The Athletico gaffer said that Aguero will snub City

The player himself has always stated his desire is to remain with Atletico.

"My head is with Atletico and I am happy here," he said earlier this month.

His coach Javier Aguirre also insists the player will not be leaving.

"On the subject of him possibly leaving, he has a contract here, he is happy here and I'm sure that is going to want to stay,"

Here's the rest of the article

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_4192739,00.html
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #35: Sep 25, 2008 10:38:36 pm
      Just to clear something up please, even if City trigger his release clause, could the player reject the transfer move and stay there? Just something i was wondering about. :)
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #36: Sep 25, 2008 10:39:38 pm
      Just to clear something up please, even if City trigger his release clause, could the player reject the transfer move and stay there? Just something I was wondering about. :)

He can turn down a move, but the club cannot reject the offer.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #37: Sep 25, 2008 10:40:22 pm
      we could sell keane and buy him, he's got 8 mores years in him than keane, i do believe spurs need him back anyway.
      we could charge them 18 mill then spend another 12 mill to get aguero
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Sep 25, 2008 10:46:20 pm
      Cheers robbo (Y). I reckon aguero would cost us more though than £30m.I like your idea though m8 :P ;D
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #39: Sep 25, 2008 10:51:37 pm
      Aguero can do what he likes and if city get rejected and Athlitico get offered ridicules money he can still refuse to go even if Athlitico accept it, after all the slave trade was abolished some time ago...
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Sergio Aguero. Future red?
      Reply #40: Oct 18, 2008 01:07:25 pm
      After reading an article in this months FourFourTwo about the little Argentinian i coundnt help but notice his fondness for the Premier League. He talked about when he was younger he followed Michael Owens career at Liverpool. He said himself that one day he would like to play in England. So if he was to go to a top club in England which would he choose? My guess is Liverpool. We have a Spanish coach which would suit him. He was a team mate with Torres when he was with Athletico. He has an international teammate in Mascherano. Could you imagine Torres and Aguero up front for us. He wouldnt come cheap of course but he is quality.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #41: Oct 18, 2008 06:00:14 pm
      Yeah hoganov, was just gonna point that out. He's only 20 and has many years left to play. He's a Liverpool type of player. Cocky players go to Chelsea. Wannabess to Man City? :D
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #42: Oct 18, 2008 06:02:13 pm
      Just need to find that spare £40million we've lying around the office for while.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #43: Oct 18, 2008 06:04:59 pm
      The liverpool team should donate some money like 2 mil each haha or every single Reds fan should go looking for quarters and dump them all in an Anfield piggy bank
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #44: Oct 18, 2008 06:09:17 pm
      The liverpool team should donate some money like 2 mil each haha or every single Reds fan should go looking for quarters and dump them all in an Anfield piggy bank

So the owners can stick it in their own pockets :laugh: not on my watch
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #45: Oct 18, 2008 08:49:42 pm
      for a talent like nando not 1 of us cared about his cost!!! we got talent, i believe our club should be spending big money on big talents, and lets face it aguero is certainly a huge talent, bigger might it be said in the long run than nando himself. spend the money mr board members, get the talent to anfield.

Quick Reply