Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid -> Man City)

Read 321507 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid -> Man City)
      Reply #3243: Aug 16, 2011 06:50:56 am
      I think if we bid he would have seriously considered us even admitting to having a soft spot for us in his press conference for city. But then maybe Im just being biased

Never know with modern day football mate
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3244: Aug 16, 2011 06:53:41 am
      Would you not rather have the two of them ks.  The difference between tevez and suarez suarez can player the provider tevez can't get
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3245: Aug 16, 2011 09:08:44 am
      Please tell me you're being sarcastic? Surely.

I think wages + CL football was a clear pull to City for him. Unfortunately too many people play up the "Liverpool fan" deal
      I think most of the players who have signed for City in the last couple of years have been attracted to them by the BIG BIG wages they are paying.We think we have problems getting rid of 3 or 4 players well City are well and truly stuck with some players who might not even get a game this season due to their high wages.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3246: Aug 16, 2011 09:13:39 am
      I think most of the players who have signed for City in the last couple of years have been attracted to them by the BIG BIG wages they are paying.We think we have problems getting rid of 3 or 4 players well City are well and truly stuck with some players who might not even get a game this season due to their high wages.
      Yes but the difference is that we may need to reduced our wage bill in order to make big signings whereas Citeh have almost limitless spenmding capability thanks to UEFA's complete lack of balls. They won't care if players rot in the reserves.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #3247: Aug 16, 2011 09:23:21 am
      Watching the match last night I was thinking that they still don't seem to be gelling as a team

and then Aguero came on.

w*nk.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #3248: Aug 16, 2011 09:30:41 am
      Two goals against Swansea.

Football genius.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #3249: Aug 16, 2011 09:49:10 am
      Two goals against Swansea.

Football genius.

The manner of the goals, his assist and his positional play leads one towards that train of thought.  :P
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3250: Aug 16, 2011 10:18:27 am
      No doubt he'll still be on the bench for City's next game. Carlos who ?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #3251: Aug 16, 2011 11:30:59 am
      The manner of the goals, his assist and his positional play leads one towards that train of thought.  :P

;)

He looks a solid buy.  Most of us expected it, but £200,000 a week at Anfield would have caused utter chaos.

Will be interesting to see how the City story continues and whether they can grow their revenues enough to continue paying these sorts of wages to all their stars, or if it will spiral out of control.

The real shame of the story is that we were linked with Aguero back in 2006 but unfortunately couldn't find the £16M to compete with Atletico Madrid for his wages.

With our new owners however, you feel that they would be prepared to gamble on that kind of deal so I remain positive for our future.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #3252: Aug 16, 2011 11:56:43 am
      I disagree macred think they could play in a 3.

Not with Carroll as the central player of the trio ... It might have (theoretically) worked with Torres instead of Carroll, but Andy requires a different type of a game to be fully effective ... We really don't need Aguero ... Eden Hazard is the player that we should be pursuing ...
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #3253: Aug 16, 2011 02:49:54 pm
      I put on a fiver at 14/1 that City would win 4-0 so when Aguero scored his second, I went mad :)

And people saying he could not have played with Suarez, are you joking me??
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #3254: Aug 16, 2011 02:52:58 pm
      And people saying he could not have played with Suarez, are you joking me??

Well, he can't play well with Messi and Tevez ... What makes you think that he would do well with Suarez ?
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #3255: Aug 16, 2011 09:19:40 pm
      Kun Aguero = World Class

Andy Carroll = A player for the future.

Spot the difference? I made a thread about the price differential, not taking into consideration the wages Aguero would demand. I was called names just because I showed people that we shouldn't have spent that sort of money on Andy. To see people saying he and Suarez can't play along is so predictable. Had he scored and set up those goals for us and Suarez was away, you'd be hearing about oh I can't wait to see them play together. I completely understand that some people do not understand football and some just wear blinkers.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3256: Aug 16, 2011 09:27:44 pm
      Suarez can play as a created and played the left side of a three at ajax. At the last world cup he played the provider role for forlan and then switched for the copa.aguero plays up top. Really dont know why tevez being compared to Suarez they are different players. I think aguero and suarez could defo play together and actually think they would be more suited as a partnerships then Carroll and Suarez could
      Bier
      Reply #3257: Aug 16, 2011 09:30:55 pm
      Suarez played at the right side of a three at Ajax, but he has played on the left for Uruguay regularly recently. Do think Aguero and Suarez would work. They're both just too good for it not to work.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #3258: Aug 16, 2011 09:31:49 pm
      Suarez can play as a created and played the left side of a three at ajax. At the last world cup he played the provider role for forlan and then switched for the copa.aguero plays up top. Really dont know why tevez being compared to Suarez they are different players. I think aguero and suarez could defo play together and actually think they would be more suited as a partnerships then Carroll and Suarez could

It won't be the last time you talk some sense I'm sure. I don't know where some of these people get their thinking from...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #3259: Aug 16, 2011 09:46:43 pm
      Kun Aguero = World Class

Andy Carroll = A player for the future.

Spot the difference?

Nonsense ... Messi, C.Ronaldo, Gerrard, Xavi ... These players are world class ... Sergio Aguero is an amazing talent. who is yet to prove himself on the highest level ...

Suarez played at the right side of a three at Ajax, but he has played on the left for Uruguay regularly recently. Do think Aguero and Suarez would work. They're both just too good for it not to work.

Then you must think that Messi and Tevez are not really good ...
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,931 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3260: Aug 16, 2011 09:46:59 pm
      Well maybe Aguero was not what Kenny was looking for in regards to this new team he is trying to create, as Aquilani is considered not what he is looking for either, think if we had Rafa in charge with these owners, we would see both Aguero and Aquilani playing football.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #3261: Aug 16, 2011 09:48:04 pm
      Can you believe how good this guy is? that second goal was out of this world, I just hope Citeh appreciate the talent this guy has and use him more than they do the rest of the bench! was he worth the big money? Hell Yeah!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #3262: Aug 16, 2011 09:50:09 pm
      Well maybe Aguero was not what Kenny was looking for in regards to this new team he is trying to create, as Aquilani is considered not what he is looking for either, think if we had Rafa in charge with these owners, we would see both Aguero and Aquilani playing football.

Sorry, but that is only speculation ... By Kenny's own admission, his first assignment from Rafa, when he has returned to the club, was to go on a trip to Holland, and scout Suarez personally ... Therefore, Suarez was our main target even under Rafa ...
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,931 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3263: Aug 16, 2011 09:51:17 pm
      Sorry, but that is only speculation ... By Kenny's own admission, his first assignment from Rafa, when he has returned to the club, was to go on a trip to Holland, and scout Suarez personally ... Therefore, Suarez was our main target even under Rafa ...

Apparently, so that is all speculation as well.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #3264: Aug 16, 2011 09:55:03 pm
      Some of what you say Mac_Red is just absolutely F***ing shocking. You look for rows with people.
      Bier
      Reply #3265: Aug 16, 2011 10:00:05 pm

Then you must think that Messi and Tevez are not really good ...

They are very good actually, and would function very well together at club level. Playing for the national team is completely different, especially in recent times for Argentina.

Quick Reply