Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Campaign to honour Billy Liddell

Read 6111 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Campaign to honour Billy Liddell
      Reply #23: Nov 14, 2008 07:55:20 am
      Thank you Tony for keeping us up to date, With a bit of luck the Billy Liddell Sports Complex might find another lad who plays  as well as Billy Did and hopefully he will play for the MIGHTY REDS with the same humility and dedication.
      Haggis
      • Member of the Billy Liddell Memorial Group
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      • Fife's finest
      Reply #24: Nov 16, 2008 02:10:19 pm
      I have been sworn to secrecy over the last few weeks,but,my good mate Davey has announced it on Kerrydale Street 

Sir William Beveridge Liddell

HAS been inducted into the Scottish hall of fame,Billy's son Malcolm and Ian St John are in Glasgow tonight to receive the award

I wasn't going to say anything until after 8 pm tonight,but,circumstances have changed

I AM buzzing like F**k atm
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #25: Nov 16, 2008 02:56:21 pm
      Well done Billy lad, from the very few video clips and the millions of stories from older generations you were one of the finest players ever to wear our shirt. Keepin us up in the second division almost single handedly.

Plus sharin me forename, means you must of been great :D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #26: Jul 10, 2009 01:53:26 am
      Raffle To Support The Billy Liddell Memorial Group

The Billy Liddell Memorial Group have been doing a tremendous job preserving the memory of one of Liverpool's greatest players by having a lasting memorial erected in Billy's home village of Townhill. Great progress has been made which you can see for yourself here.

The Memorial Group are running an e-raffle on its site, first prize being a hand-painted limited edition ceramic figure of the great man himself. The money is going towards the building of a memorial cairn and plaque. Entry costs £2 and anyone interested should click on this link.

The official opening of the park and the unveiling of the cairn will be in the fall. Please support a great cause!

http://lfchistory.com/redcorner_articles_view.asp?article_id=2791

Here's the link to enter the raffle http://www.billyliddell.org.uk/Index.asp?MainID=9279
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #27: Jul 10, 2009 03:00:51 am
      There was a cracking documentry about Billy Liddell on liverpool tv ,I think it was called Liddelpool ..
      He was such a loyal player.Who could only join Liverpool if got a trade and became qualified as an accountant
       I remember the campain was mentioned on the show then

Well worth the watch if its on again

Quick Reply