Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Game sharing

Read 2863 times
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 555 posts | -6 
      Game sharing
      Jul 14, 2008 11:19:17 am
      Just wondering if anyone has ever shared a game with someone that they paid for on the PSN store?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Game sharing
      Reply #1: Jul 14, 2008 11:59:41 am
      No... i wasnt aware you could do this :P
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2: Jul 14, 2008 07:47:44 pm
      Just wondering if anyone has ever shared a game with someone that they paid for on the PSN store?

I tried to do this.  You need to log yourself on to another system using your own username and password and then 'play' using that 'user'.

Obviously your password's not displayed.  Stick with trusted family members.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #3: Jul 14, 2008 09:50:37 pm
      No... I wasnt aware you could do this :P

Yeah I know you can there are forums set up for them. But in the interest of protecting people you have to have a very high post count in order to access it.

From what I know if there is a game you want to download that costs you sign in under someone elses name (who already has downloaded it) log onto the playstation network and download it from their downloaded items.

Simple, but do you want to trust people you don't know with it?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #4: Jul 14, 2008 09:55:52 pm
      That's right.  But then they could of course download more games and it will be your credit card taking the hit.

I think its 5 times you can download paid for content.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #5: Jul 14, 2008 10:21:38 pm
      That's right.  But then they could of course download more games and it will be your credit card taking the hit.

I think its 5 times you can download paid for content.

Eeeeexactly. Who do you trust right? Mind you, if you can't trust a fellow Liverpool supporter, who can you trust?
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #6: Jul 15, 2008 10:13:05 pm
      I've found this, I havent did it myself but it tells you how to do it:

Short Explanation: A game is bought. Four people and the original purchaser use this same ID to download the game to their PS3's. You keep the ID on your system for as long as you want the game.

*If you will be hosting a game share*

You can use your own PSN ID if you have already purchased games and want to share them for money/GTD. For most sharing it's a pretty good idea to make a new PSN ID.

* Go to the left side of the XMB and hit "Create New User". Make it any name you want.
      * Go to the right side of XMB. You will only have 1 option, to make a PSN ID. You will put in an E-mail address. Either put in one of your own, or make a new spam account on Yahoo Mail(recommended).
      * Your new PSN ID is ready to be used. Go through the normal steps for buying a PSN game.
      * After buying and downloading your new purchase go to the right side of XMB to account management. Select Account Management again.
      * Here, go to "Edit Billing Info" and remove all information. Then go to "Edit Account Info" and remove all that information. This is so that no one can get on this account and purchase other software on your dime. Use this if you don't personally know the people in your group.
      * Send username/password out to the people who have payed you for their portion of the game.
      *Now when the buyer logs in on your account, receive the GTD
      * It's likely that each person has to download the game one at a time, but this is not tested.
      * KEEP THIS PSN ID ON YOUR SYSTEM OR ELSE YOU CAN'T USE THE GAME ANYMORE

*If you are purchasing the game through a sharing host*

* Go to the left side of the XMB and hit "Create New User". Make it any name you want.
      * Go to the right side of XMB. You will only have 1 option, to make a PSN ID. Select "Use existing account" and put in the info that was sent to you by the person hosting your share.
      * Now you should be able to get on the PS Store, and click on "Download List". In this list will be the downloads that have been made on the account. Whatever game has been bought on the account will be right there. Click download, and you're set.
      * Log off of the ID when you have finished and you can play the game on your regular ID!
      * KEEP THIS PSN ID ON YOUR SYSTEM OR ELSE YOU CAN'T USE THE GAME ANYMORE!!!

kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #7: Jul 16, 2008 02:49:42 am
      Right, now who wants to share Super Star Dust HD with me!!??
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #8: Jul 17, 2008 03:22:10 pm
      This hasn't happened to me at all!

Not for Super Puzzle Fighter, Tekken or a Super Stardust update! :P

Just wondering whether this will be the case for the Gene Expansion Pack for Metal Gear 4. If it's available via the Playstation store then the Milky Bars are on me for me mate who didn't download all the other programmes for me! ;)

Quick Reply