Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

David N'gog - 'tucking his clock into his Bolton sock'

Read 118743 times
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Re: David N'gog Player Thread
      Reply #1219: May 13, 2011 07:39:20 am
      had a little buzz going earlier in the season under Roy, but has since dipped massively...for whatever odd reason I like him, but hes obviously not quality if we are to aim for higher things

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1220: May 14, 2011 02:43:17 am
      I hope we don't sell him and that he is loaned out to a championship club to toughen up, learn his trade and get some goals to give him confidence.
      He ain't a bad player and could be very very good. He just lacks belief and match experience.
      He can't be on huge wages so why not give him a year at a lower league club to prove himself?
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #1221: May 16, 2011 02:13:29 am
      hes prolly off this summer id imagine Roy will show interest in signing him this season, WBA wanted him this past summer, and Roy seemed to like him alot during his time here
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1222: May 16, 2011 02:18:45 am
      This man will never carve out a top flight football career. Rafa bought him because he thought he could turn him into a Peter Crouch. That's all and nothing more. He was no hot prospect. Rafa knew that, we knew that and today clearly he is only of a standard for the Championship at best. Even then I'd think he'd really struggle against some teams in that league.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #1223: May 17, 2011 08:12:17 pm
      The defenders in the championship will kick him to pieces, no pace or skill. Would be funny if Roy wasted wba money on him, we'll be laughing all the way to the bank.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1224: May 22, 2011 08:14:14 pm
      We needed at least 2 goals today, and who's our best player on the bench to do the job? David Ngog.

It just shows how far we've fallen.

I can't see Kenny keeping him tbh. Kenny will want to take massive strides next season, and I don't think he'll be included in Kenny's plans.

So yeah, I wanna see him shipped out, cash in for what it's worth.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #1225: May 22, 2011 08:56:23 pm
      A forward can't score unless the ball gets to him....and there endeth the lesson!!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1226: May 22, 2011 09:28:37 pm
      He is not good enough for the Premiership never mind Liverpool
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1227: May 22, 2011 11:46:55 pm
      Trying to be positive, I was relieved when he came on for Cole, was slightly less ineffectual.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1228: May 23, 2011 08:11:30 am
      A forward can't score unless the ball gets to him....and there endeth the lesson!!

True mate but thought the ball did get to him a few times only he had Kuyt's heavy boots on! Ball just kept bouncing away from him with his first touch.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1229: May 27, 2011 03:51:44 pm
      I'd heard some press reports saying they've slapped an £8m price tag on him. No no no no no no. Out of all the rumours I've heard, Aguero, Young, Mata etc this one has to be the biggest pile of bullshit ever!
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #1230: May 27, 2011 07:21:16 pm
      I'd heard some press reports saying they've slapped an £8m price tag on him. No no no no no no. Out of all the rumours I've heard, Aguero, Young, Mata etc this one has to be the biggest pile of bullshit ever!
      Woy will thinks that's a bargain, going on his transfer reputation.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #1231: May 28, 2011 06:29:05 am
      Send him out on loan to an EPL club which can promise him first team football. And he's just 22. We know how Lucas was when he came here. And how many knew Adam at 22?? Let him get consecutive starts. I think he can improve. He isn't the worst striker we have seen.

He has talent. A loan spell can give us some clarity and people forget that he had the misfortune of playing ahead of out most uncompetitive midfield in years.

If "Lucas" in your terms could be the player of the season, N'gog can give it a try too. Mind you, I Love Lucas thaLeiva.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #1232: May 28, 2011 07:59:11 am
      Send him out on loan to an EPL club which can promise him first team football. And he's just 22. We know how Lucas was when he came here. And how many knew Adam at 22?? Let him get consecutive starts. I think he can improve. He isn't the worst striker we have seen.

He has talent. A loan spell can give us some clarity.
      This.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1233: May 28, 2011 08:08:56 am
      I have to be honest and say I disagree.

He had potential when he first arrived but has gone backwards since. Too light weighted, for all that fancy footwork, hardly see him beat a man, lack pace (and I think he was known for his pace) and doesn't look like he is committed enough in the sport, and especially to the club. Also too greedy. I don't mind strikers being greedy because that's how more goals are scored but if you have missed like 5 clear cut chances, the least you could do is at not steal someone else's chance. At 22, how much more can he improve..

At 22, Carroll has shown that he has potential and he has been causing defenders problem with his aerial prowness since 18 or so. Flanagan and Kelly, at 18 and 20, have shown that they can be relied on when called upon. Jonjo Shelvey himself looked like a seasoned professional. Also can probably take a look at Owen and Gerrard when they first broke through. Maybe even Suarez, who was hitting it off at Ajax.

I know Carroll, Flanagan, Kelly, Shelvey and N'gog are not the same people but usually, when a player looks like he's going to make it at the big stage, he would have shown it since a younger age. I just don't think he can improve and he has been in England for 3 years.

Fair enough, he hasn't got a run of games under Kenny but I guess it is pretty obvious he isn't exactly rated and he has failed to impress me in his games.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #1234: May 28, 2011 12:20:00 pm
      I think he has just got comfortable in his privaliged position as a Liverpool player, rather than working harder and showing willing to learn and show what he can do. The going has got tough and he hasn't been able to respond. Time to ship him out & give chances to players who respect what its like to be a Liverpool player, rather than picking up a wage, then mopping around the pitch like a punch drunk donkey.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #1235: May 29, 2011 05:45:33 pm
      Disagree. He tries hard and works hard, he just isn't good enough, end of.
      I must have missed that game.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1236: May 29, 2011 06:27:48 pm

He has talent. A loan spell can give us some clarity and people forget that he had the misfortune of playing ahead of out most uncompetitive midfield in years.

If "Lucas" in your terms could be the player of the season, N'gog can give it a try too. Mind you, I Love Lucas thaLeiva.

Lucas's main problem was he suffered in problems with confidence largely. A lot had faith in Lucas because there was the occasional game he played where he was outstanding and world class like. N'Gog suffers in confidence as well but unlike Lucas shows absolutely no sign of being world class or anything close to Premier League class. That is just not good enough and must be sold for whatever offer comes in.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #1237: Jun 08, 2011 10:08:15 am
      Well it seems as if he's played his last game for us.

Bought for 1.5 million, sold for around 7/8 million without really having ever made a big impact. How did we pull that off!

Have to say, I really felt for him last season. He started pre season banging them in, in the Europa and he scored a great goal which should have won us the game against Arsenal on the opening day. Then he had to sit on the bench and watch Torres stroll around the pitch game after game, sulking, and walking straight back into the team after all his injuries. But did he complain? Did he sh*te. And he got alot more stick than he deserved.

I know Sunderland fans will probably be pissed off with signing him for the figure mentioned, but I reckon he'll turn into a good player. He's got good ability and skill on the ball and given a regular starting place I reckon he can become a decent striker.

Anyway, if this deal does go ahead, thanks David. You'll Never Walk Alone :)
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1238: Jun 08, 2011 10:15:10 am
      All the best to the lad.

Don't think it was through lack of effort, just didn't have the talent to succeed here
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1239: Jun 08, 2011 10:23:40 am
      All the best of luck to David.

He came as a 19 year old with alot of potential and glimpses of talents but sadly, he's gone back words in 2010/2011. I genuinely can't see him contributing to us in the new season and it's only good he and the club move on.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1240: Jun 08, 2011 10:26:21 am
      Good luck David, hope you get the chance to prove us all wrong.

Shame it didn't work out but at least you had the experience of working with the best mate.
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #1241: Jun 08, 2011 10:28:19 am
      Really hoped he'd prove himself one day with us. But I guess not.

Good luck.

Quick Reply