Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Peter Crouch (Striker)

Read 67458 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Peter Crouch (Striker)
      Reply #299: May 01, 2008 12:09:47 am
      I'm actually think Crouch is a very good player but like Ra Ra I feel he will be moving on in the summer. I don't feel sorry for him like some do as if he really was good enough and peforming well in training then he would be in the team.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #300: May 01, 2008 12:29:24 am
      It is very simple and has not changed if Crouch signs a contract he stays, because he is a valued member of the squad.  It seems that he is not going to sign and if so he will be sold.  If he does sign I think he will be used a lot more next season. 
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #301: May 01, 2008 12:31:55 am
      To be honest, as much as I like him as a player I want him to go for the good of the squad. We need to show the Chelsea's and United's that we mean buisness so to replace him with a talent like David Villa would show we mean buisness.

He is a good player don't get me wrong, however he wouldn't even get on the United or Chelsea bench.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #302: May 01, 2008 12:38:17 am
      My opinion remains the same as always, he is a great squad player and if he is happy stay as one then we should keep him. If not then I can understand why he might want to leave, as he is good enough to get regular football elsewhere.

Also, well played Ra Ra Rafa, nothing like a good Crouch - Is he/isn't he good enough debate to take people's mind off things :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #303: May 01, 2008 12:40:04 am
      Also, well played Ra Ra Rafa, nothing like a good Crouch - Is he/isn't he good enough debate to take people's mind off things :D

Agree Ed. I'm glad Ra Ra is on tonight. He has started a few discussions that has taken my mind off the game for a while!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #304: May 01, 2008 01:04:30 am
      I'm actually think Crouch is a very good player but like Ra Ra I feel he will be moving on in the summer. I don't feel sorry for him like some do as if he really was good enough and peforming well in training then he would be in the team.

Would he though? I don't know. He usually bangs a goal in when he gets a chance. And he doesn't get that many games. I think there might be a little more to it than that to be honest mate.

Tonight I feel we would have done well to have Crouch up front in the first half. The way the game was going, there were too many balls going astray with no one to hold it and bring our players further up the pitch. Plus Torres would have had a bit more space.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #305: May 01, 2008 01:06:39 am
      Do you think there is a bit more going on behind the scenes then RK?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #306: May 01, 2008 01:11:16 am
      Would he though? I don't know. He usually bangs a goal in when he gets a chance. And he doesn't get that many games. I think there might be a little more to it than that to be honest mate.

I don't know, I considered this possiblility when he wasn't getting games at the start of the season, but Rafa had his chance to get rid of him in January and chose not to. This leads me to believe one of two things, either he is still in Rafa's plans or we weren't gonna be given the funds to buy a replacement.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #307: May 01, 2008 01:17:02 am
      He is a good player don't get me wrong, however he wouldn't even get on the United or Chelsea bench.

I doubt anybody on here would disagree with that line. 
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #308: May 01, 2008 01:18:23 am

I think he would be valuable to both teams, I means its not all about silky skills etc. Impact in games and being a nuisance to defenders is key.  If you were chelsea manager you wouldn't consider playing him ahead of Shevchenko?  The thing is he is a squad player that at the very highest level will be used predominantly off the bench.  So its decision time does he want quantity or quality.  Does he want to play week in week-out, or does he want to play less but with the added incentives of playing in finals and big games be it off the bench most of the time with winner medals.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #309: May 01, 2008 01:32:40 am
      I don't know, I considered this possiblility when he wasn't getting games at the start of the season, but Rafa had his chance to get rid of him in January and chose not to. This leads me to believe one of two things, either he is still in Rafa's plans or we weren't gonna be given the funds to buy a replacement.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter. If he was in Rafa's plans, he'd have some involvement in games like tonight. He can cause problems amongst a defence, he's an outlet and he can usually chip in with a goal. I think if he was in Rafa's plans, he'd get more of a look in.

Do you think there is a bit more going on behind the scenes then RK?

No idea to mate to be honest mate. But he's our third best goal scorer in the league behind Torres and Gerrard. And third best goal scorer along with Kuyt and Benayoun in all comps - with a lot less time on the pitch. It does make you wonder doesn't it.
      red_spark
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #310: May 04, 2008 08:42:33 pm

Rafa "We offered [Crouch] a new contract, so he has the idea and now it is just speculation. We want to keep him."

Crouch not even on the bench against city today. So...it looks like Rafa DOES want him to sign and stay but maybe Crouch is waiting to see what offers he gets at the end of the season OR waiting to see if the contract is improved. Either way maybe Rafa has stopped including him to signal to him that if he isnt going to sign then he will be out this summer.
      If Crouch is going to try and not sign and leave on a free i agree with Rafa, sell him at the end of the season and use it for new players.
      I hope he signs though, with the right players around him he can really do a job for us.

bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #311: May 05, 2008 01:23:01 am
      It looks like Crouch will leave If he was staying I am sure we would have seen him on the pitch today but if that turns out to be the case I am sure Rafa will want to bring in a top replacement and how do we know if Rafa hasn't lined up Villa or someone of that standard. Losing Crouch would be a blow and one I believe we may regret.......
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #312: May 05, 2008 04:05:31 am
      Im not so sure he'll go, i have a feeling that he wasnt used today as hes going to stay and he wont have already played his last game at anfield. The city game didnt count for anything and i think rafa would have let him play his last game at anfield if he was going to sell him especially as he's a liverpool supporter.
      Rafa "We offered [Crouch] a new contract, so he has the idea and now it is just speculation. We want to keep him."
      maybe Rafa has stopped including him to signal to him that if he isnt going to sign then he will be out this summer.
      completely agree
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #313: May 05, 2008 04:37:55 am
      Can't see it - heard a rumour tonight he's signing for Portsmouth, plus heard Rafa in an interview on the way home from the game saying how the players were the option of turning up with the squad or staying at home and watching the TV.

Riise, Pennant and Crouch must have found something good to watch, although in Crouch's case it is a long journey to Fratton Park!
      Dunk
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts | -3 
      Reply #314: May 05, 2008 05:57:03 pm
      I don't really mind if he leaves, someone much better that him will take is place.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #315: May 06, 2008 12:23:17 am
      Following his non inclusion in the C.L game at the bridge, I see Crouchie moving on. He will be massivly hurt by that and will move to get regular football. Even to a smaller club he would still get more oportunity to show his talent, to try and influence his England chances. I think any player would do the same. I do rate him as an impact player but mabey thats not enough for him. It certainly hasn't been this season. Any  player with his scoring record would be gutted to be listed behind Vorronin. I'd be very surprised to see him in Anfield Red next season.
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #316: May 07, 2008 10:22:59 pm
      http://www.liverpool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=108677

Peter Crouch will seek talks with Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez before making a decision on his future.

The England striker has been linked with several Premiership clubs recently, after starting in just 9 league games for The Reds this season

'What I must do is speak to the manager,' said Crouch.

'When all is said and done, I don't think I can have another season like this year where I've started nine Premier League games.

'Out of a 38-game league season, nine games is not the amount you want to be playing.

'I'll have to speak to the manager and see what his plans are. I need to see him and sort things out.

'I have to find out what he wants from me for next season and whether or not I can continue with that.

'In some ways I want to feel wanted. I've got a few questions I want to ask him, and I'm sure he has with me, too.

'So I'd like to speak to the manager and the club before I commit to anything and know whether or not I'll be here next year.

'It's always nice to know that if things did go completely wrong for me at Liverpool, I'd have options to go somewhere else and it's not the end of the world if things don't work out for me there.

'All season there has been speculation I could be going to another club. I've just always got on with playing for Liverpool until told otherwise.'
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __________

The Crouch situation really leaves me with a bad feeling. I really want liverpool to keep him. He knows he's a valuable player, and it is normal for him to need more playing time on field. BUT what i can't agree with is the-guaranteed-shirt/place-in-the-first-11 syndrome, every player must fight for a spot.

I just feel we might sell him off and later bite our fingers for doing. He is a striker that, given the opportunity, can deliver 20 goals/season. Peter Crouch has played 21 times this season, 15 of those 21 times, he came off the bench. Scored 11 goals too.

I say we keep him.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #317: May 07, 2008 10:41:27 pm
      i think he should stay too.

He just feels he should have started more and i agree. He's a great striker, underrated and is more than capable of 20 a season.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #318: May 08, 2008 12:00:17 am
      I would hate to see him go... defo can get 20 goals a season if given the opportunity..
      It would be horrible to see him play against us in the EPL!!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #319: May 08, 2008 04:00:09 pm
      £15m for Crouch apparently. Will we get it?

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,7732.0.html
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2008 04:13:24 pm by redkenny »
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #320: May 08, 2008 04:05:14 pm
      £15m for Crouch apparently. Will we get it?

Just posted a thread with comments from Rafa in the transfer board. Wasn't sure if I should of put it here though. Feel free to move it RK.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #321: May 08, 2008 04:11:56 pm
      Just posted a thread with comments from Rafa in the transfer board. Wasn't sure if I should of put it here though. Feel free to move it RK.

No, you posted it in the right place mate. I've not long signed in, so only just seen your thread.

Quick Reply