Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Peter Crouch (Striker)

Read 67462 times
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Re: Peter Crouch (Striker)
      Reply #23: Sep 06, 2006 09:57:37 pm
      lets hope he keeps it up for the bliuenoses
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #24: Sep 06, 2006 10:24:44 pm
      And another goal for Kuyt

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/news/06/september/0602.htm

Who does Rafa pick on Saturday??  All 4 of them I say!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #25: Sep 06, 2006 11:50:40 pm
      But I think fowler will start on Saturday and its any one of three to partner him, if im right robbie will score.

I just spent the night cringng with tackles flying in a the reds on international duty. Ban the F***ing thing. its rude to interupt our season for sh*te.

One love, Scouse red  8)
      CalvinMalteseRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #26: Sep 07, 2006 02:13:35 pm
      As long as we win. I wouldn't mind it if it's a Phil Neville own goal instead.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #27: Feb 03, 2007 02:52:59 pm
      Not trying to flame but regarding Peter Crouch...is he really a good enough player for us?

I have been sitting on the fence since he arrived to be honest.  I just can't work him out.  You look at sides with the likes of Drogba, Rooney and Henry and then we have Crouch.  If we are going to be getting a bit of money in the summer then maybe it is time to cash in on him.

I've got nothing against the guy - he's scored some good important goals for us...but is he the future of our strike force?
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2007 02:57:30 pm by Jabba »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #28: Feb 03, 2007 03:01:57 pm
      Not trying to flame but regarding Peter Crouch...is he really a good enough player for us?

I have been sitting on the fence since he arrived to be honest.  I just can't work him out.  You look at sides with the likes of Drogba, Rooney and Henry and then we have Crouch.  If we are going to be getting a bit of money in the summer then maybe it is time to cash in on him.

I've got nothing against the guy - he's scored some good important goals for us...but is he the future of our strike force?

When you put it like that Jab i tend to agree with you, he's scored some really good impressive goals, but no consistency, not a superstar i have to agree, we need goals game after game if we're gonna challenge the title realistlcally.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #29: Feb 03, 2007 03:25:22 pm
      I for one like Crouch.
      Yeah I know he can't be the most consistant player for us... as shown today.
      But to a certain extent yes I do agree with you two.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #30: Feb 03, 2007 03:47:07 pm
      Hes big hes red his feet stick out the bed. What more do you want...
      Not even superstars are that consistant, I like Crouchy he gives us an option no other side in the Premiership has, he is our top scorer so far this season and most of the games he has played in he has made valuable contribution. Personnally I think your views are a little tainted and unobjective, and I have a theory this may be down to the media reports about him, especially from the likes of David "fish face" Platt on skry sprots. To quote "I still dont know about Crouch he hasnt come up against some world class opposition yet" Fcuk me Platt what do you call half the Chelsea team then or Man U team then and Crouchy even score the winner against the scum last season.

All the football writers seem to slate him and the wankers on s*y sprats and s*y newts all seem to have this smirk on their face when reporting about him, as if he is some kinda joke and not really worth the time they are spending on him.
      Ok hes not had a good game today, but cmon how many good games has shevchavko had since his 30 million lemon move from AC Milan.

From a personal point of view the one player you should in my opion be singling out for critsism is Jermain Pennant he has not performed except for one goal and maybe one second half performance this season. Crouchy on the other hand has been more consistant this season than last and that is a fact.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2007 03:48:38 pm by pragmatic »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #31: Feb 03, 2007 04:31:42 pm
      Regarding Crouch, yes he has done well for us, but he could do more - 6' 7" and hardly scores with his head ??

He is a good team player, but is he a player to take us to another level ? In my opinion No.

If at the end of the season, a £12m bid comes in (or around this figure) then sell.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #32: Feb 03, 2007 05:12:27 pm
      I think the words ' Could do better' spring to mind, ok he has scored some good goals and he may be our top goalscorer but that doesnt make him 'great' - 13 goals isn't the best tally from one of your main strikers.   ;)   
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #33: Feb 03, 2007 06:10:16 pm
      The thing that annoys me about crouch is he can have one great  game then the next three are average, if a bid of 9+ mill comes in for him then we should get rid of him.
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #34: Feb 03, 2007 07:25:08 pm
      i think he needs to be sent to finishing school to learn how to use that head of his that lives in the sky! yes, he does have a great touch for a tall fella but that's just not enough at this level. yes, he's a good team player but he's first & foremost a striker who with his attributes, should be knocking in at least 30+ a season. i think the novelty has worn off now & defenders know how to play against him. i think there is still a role for him to play this season but he needs to improve bigtime if he is to still be here next year.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #35: Feb 03, 2007 08:24:26 pm
      I have said in other posts, i don't like it when we play 3 forwards, i think they get in each others way, now and then it payes off, but not today, it was hard watching them at the match.

Peter Crouch i think will be gone in the summer to newcastle for something like 12mill. but before we do sell him we need a out and out striker, but that is going to be hard to find, and when we do cost a lot of money.
      My thoughts are we are short of 2 players to make us a great team, but those two players could cost us 40 to 50mill.

but who????????

for the next 2 weeks I'm on my holls, hoping for a bit if sun, you all have lots of fun
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #36: Feb 04, 2007 09:21:49 am
        i think  we need  a real stiker (like already said  in this thread)  i like crouch BUT i do not think he is the type of  striker we need  against a very defencive sides like everton played yesterday...he does not have that power in headers and i think we lacked that yesterday ..and it was the only way we could have scored with everton 11 players in their own box....cannot pass from the middle ..with all those players in the 18 yard area...
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #37: Feb 04, 2007 07:27:27 pm
      I like Crouch as he gives us a different attacking options,the trouble is sometimes he doesn't seem to have belief in his own ability in front of goal.I don't know if anyone else as noticed but when he as opposition players around him and not much time on the ball his control is pretty good but when Crouch as time to think about his control and what he plans to do with the ball then his touch seems to let him down.Any one else noticed this?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #38: Feb 04, 2007 07:37:24 pm
      I like Crouch as he gives us a different attacking options,the trouble is sometimes he doesn't seem to have belief in his own ability in front of goal.I don't know if anyone else as noticed but when he as opposition players around him and not much time on the ball his control is pretty good but when Crouch as time to think about his control and what he plans to do with the ball then his touch seems to let him down.Any one else noticed this?
      yes i totally agree    and  one other think  ,,he rarely gives power to his headers ..he just leaves the ball to just make contact with his head..if you know what i mean...............sayin g that  i do not mean   we should get rid of him or he is not good enough for us 
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #39: Feb 04, 2007 07:45:51 pm
      yes I totally agree    and  one other think  ,,he rarely gives power to his headers ..he just leaves the ball to just make contact with his head..if you know what I mean...............sayin g that  I do not mean   we should get rid of him or he is not good enough for us 

Thats up to the coaches at Liverpool to give him extra training ,help him to improve his heading ability,more you head the ball the strong the neck muscles like all things in life the more you practice the better you are at it
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #40: Feb 04, 2007 10:14:33 pm
      My personal opinion is that he is sellable, at the right price.  He does provide us with options that none of the strikers do, but a good point was raised in this thread. 

Where's all the headed goals from the fella? Very strange.

More than £10 million and we could do business.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #41: Feb 04, 2007 11:01:32 pm
      I like Crouch and like its all ready been said he does give us an extra option. but the trouble with crouch is he's very good at the things he's not supposed to be good at and the things he's supposed to be good at, he's sh*te!!!

He's cant head a ball, he's 6'7" tall and cant head a ball!
      He cant hold a ball up, he's a fcukin big target man who cant hold the ball up while others join the attack!

He can dribble and beat a man, don't ask me how, with those long, long legs but he does! he takes defenders on an beats them and is as dangerous as any one in those situations!
      What a first touch the lad has!! His brain is nearly 7 foot away from the ball but he Caresses the ball like an angel!
      He dispatches the ball into the onion bag with the grace of an artist sculpting his final and greatest work! Lets face it if a Brazilian had scored that scissor kick against Galatasry in the European Cup we'd still be talking about it now!

So thats why I like Peter, I cant work the Lad out and to be honest I've given up trying, I just enjoy seeing him do the things a 6'7" bean pole isn't meant to do!  ;)
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #42: Feb 05, 2007 09:21:05 am
      he has good feet yes but is that enough?

he is ineffective in a whole lot of games.  Gets the ball and passes it back or he just flicks it on without even looking too see if a Liverpool player is anywhere near.  yes he sometimes beats players but he has no pace at all so defenders always recover to get in a tackle. 

there are target men out there who are better players and better finishers then crouch.  Dean Ashton is just one of them!!
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #43: Feb 05, 2007 05:03:56 pm
      crouchy is one of the best strikers we have had at this club. if we never had crouchy then wud we be in 3rd in the league? ask your self that.
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #44: Feb 05, 2007 05:20:53 pm
      crouchy is one of the best strikers we have had at this club. if we never had crouchy then wud we be in 3rd in the league? ask your self that.

I would argue that Rafa could of spent £7.5m on somebody better than crouch!!
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #45: Feb 05, 2007 06:20:11 pm
      i think Rafa did a brill deal by getting crouch at that price. name a player that wud of cost that much and made a big impact in games?. ime sorry but crouch is fantastic. 

Quick Reply