Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Peter Crouch (Striker)

Read 67471 times
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Re: Peter Crouch (Striker)
      Reply #368: Jun 26, 2008 08:42:47 am
      Heard on Radio Merseyside this morning that Man City are also showing an interest.

As he is obviously not going to sign a new contract then all I can say is the more the merrier.

A bidding war would do our transfer kitty no harm at all.
      Heard on Radio Merseyside this morning that Man City are also showing an interest.

As he is obviously not going to sign a new contract then all I can say is the more the merrier.

A bidding war would do our transfer kitty no harm at all.
      All astute observations...
      I don't think that 12 million is beyond the realms of possibility, especially when we have 4 or 5 clubs expressing an interest?
      IRWT
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #369: Jul 21, 2008 10:25:27 pm
      http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/21/Friendly-round-up/

Peter Crouch scored twice as Portsmouth coasted to 4-1 win over nearby neighbours Bournemouth on Monday, while Robbie Fowler made his Blackburn debut when Rovers crashed to a 3-1 friendly defeat to Bundesliga newcomers 1899 Hoffenheim.

Crouch’s double – his first goals since signing from Liverpool – were bookended by strikes from Sulley Muntari and Jermain Defoe, with Brett Pitman on the scoresheet for the hosts.

A disappointing evening for Paul Ince was compounded by a first-half injury to Morten Gamst Pedersen.
      Hoffenheim went ahead through Christoph Janker early in the second half, but saw their lead disappear through Benni McCarthy’s 63rd minute volley.
      A Matthias Jaissle header and Janker’s second of the game gave victory to Hoffenheim.

North of the border, Derek Young’s strike just before half-time was enough to give Aberdeen victory over Brechin.
      Partick Thistle were also in action but did not fare so well, with Burnley of The Championship scraping a slender 1-0 win thanks to Joey Gudjonsson’s goal on the stroke of half-time.

The Clarets’ fellow second-tier side Crystal Palace were also in action, breezing to a 4-0 win over Tavistock.
      Calvin Andrew’s double, a Ben Watson strike and an own goal were enough to hand victory to Neil Warnock’s side.
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________

A good striker.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #370: Jul 21, 2008 11:01:55 pm
      I'm still pretty damn gutted he's gone.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #371: Jul 21, 2008 11:38:39 pm
      I reckon I'm over it now. I think I would have been gutted if he'd played a lot more games last season and brought more goals.

I have no doubt he'll bang a few goals in for Pompey this coming season. Hopefully none against us though. He's an enemy now.  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #372: Jul 21, 2008 11:42:10 pm
      Im over him leaving and although I still want him to do well and score goals at pompey I hope he does bad against us because when we play pompey he is just another player for the opposition and then after the game I will hope he does well again
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #373: Jul 21, 2008 11:44:42 pm
      I'm still pretty damn gutted he's gone.

Feel strongly that he is gonna be a top three strikers this season. Still pissed we created a situation that made it imperative that he left, but more pissed that he opted to leave instead of fighting for the top striker spot.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #374: Jul 22, 2008 12:09:09 am
      Feel strongly that he is gonna be a top three strikers this season. Still pissed we created a situation that made it imperative that he left, but more pissed that he opted to leave instead of fighting for the top striker spot.
      I am sorry too , but the end of it all Rafa needs the cash, because parry and the yanks are tw*ts.
      Aceprint
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #375: Jun 18, 2010 07:32:12 am
      I've watched when he played in the field during his games. He is the best striker for me because the movement and speed of his accuracy were amazing. I definitely enjoyed watching Crouch videos and he inspired me a lot since I am a newbie here.

« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2010 10:23:21 am by Aceprint »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #376: Jun 18, 2010 07:37:27 am
      Bit of a random bump  :-\
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #377: Jun 18, 2010 08:54:38 am
      I've watched definitely when he played in the field during his games. He is the best striker for me because the movement and speed of his accuracy is amazing. I definitely enjoy watching Crouch videos and he inspires me.

Sorry, I thought this was a Liverpool forum!!!!!
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #378: Jun 19, 2010 11:41:15 am
      I've watched definitely when he played in the field during his games. He is the best striker for me because the movement and speed of his accuracy is amazing. I definitely enjoy watching Crouch videos and he inspires me.

Are these extracts from a Japanese instruction manual.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #379: Nov 17, 2010 09:44:39 pm
      Never should have sold him, NEVER!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #380: Nov 17, 2010 09:51:25 pm
      He's Big, He's RED, his feetstick out of bed Peter Crouch, Peter Crouch !
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #381: Nov 17, 2010 10:14:08 pm
      Always liked him.

Brings a different style of play to our team because he can hold the ball and is probably one of the few players to effcectively win a aeriel duel.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #382: Nov 18, 2010 05:07:20 pm
      He'd be great in Hodgson's system
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #383: Apr 15, 2017 11:20:10 pm
      Find it weird for some reason Crouchie has now played more League games for Stoke than is and Spurs combined.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #384: Jun 19, 2017 06:58:25 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #385: Jun 19, 2017 07:02:09 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #386: Jun 19, 2017 07:07:01 pm
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #387: Jul 12, 2019 05:18:44 pm
      Big man finally retired from football after almost 20 years in the game, always enjoyed his hat-trick vs Arsenal and goal he scored vs Galatasaray. His podcast is very enjoyable and I would recommend anyone to listen to it if you enjoy that sort of thing, lots of funny stories. I also remember reading he will be doing some hosting for Amazon coverage of Premiership as well.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #388: Jul 12, 2019 06:43:49 pm
      Not stayed as long as some and not scored as many as some but definitely one of my favourite players to put on the red shirt.

Right from the way we stood by him during the initial drought through to the overhead against Galatasaray, the overhead against Bolton, the hat trick against Arsenal, the knock down to Gerrard in the cup final and of course that header against the Mancs that allowed us to get there in the first place.

Happy retirement Crouchy!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #389: Jul 12, 2019 07:58:44 pm
      just  really good lad and far more talented than given credit for. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #390: Jul 12, 2019 08:21:55 pm
      Loved having Peter at the club. Will always remember him breaking his duck against Wigan with a double back in 2005 after a 4 month wait. Scored the winner against the Mancs that season in the FA Cup as well. Sublime moments against the likes of Arsenal, Galatasaray etc. I know the joke went that he 'had a great touch for a big man' but his technical ability really did belie his size. An excellent signing made by Rafa, an excellent player for us and a wonderful career in English football.

Enjoy your retirement Crouchy. You've earned it!

Quick Reply