Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Peter Crouch (Striker)

Read 67469 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Peter Crouch (Striker)
      Sep 02, 2006 05:51:23 pm
      Name: Peter James Crouch
      Born: 30 January 1981

Peter James Crouch (born 30 January 1981 in Macclesfield, Cheshire) is an English international football player. He currently plays for the English club Liverpool as a striker. His height of 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) makes him the tallest man ever to play for either Liverpool or the England national team, as well as the tallest player currently in the Premier League. He is also known for his robotic dancing goal celebration, performed after scoring for England in the pre-World Cup friendly matches in the spring of 2006. In the wake of his robotic dancing, The Guardian newspaper described Crouch as "fast building a reputation as a cult hero".

Liverpool

Crouch underwent intense media scrutiny due to a goal drought during his first months at Liverpool. For 19 games, spanning four months, he was unable to score. Crouch was praised for other facets of his game, such as his touch on the ball, but his first goal for the club evaded him. The fact that Crouch possessed "good touch for a big man" in fact became something of a media cliché during this time. Early in his Liverpool career the supporters composed a new chant; "He's big, he's red, his feet stick out the bed, Peter Crouch, Peter Crouch."

The drought finally ended on 3 December 2005 when he scored against Wigan Athletic. Although this first goal was originally given as an own goal, it was later awarded to Crouch on appeal; he went on to score a second goal in the same game. Prior to these goals, Crouch had played over 24 hours of football for Liverpool without scoring. In addition to this, he also had to deal with unpleasant taunts from crowds at matches, as he had throughout his footballing career, who often chanted "freak" at him due to his unusual height.

He went on to score several more goals that season, including the only goal in the fifth round of the FA Cup (2005–06) against Manchester United, Liverpool's first victory over them in the FA Cup post-World War II. On 13 May he helped Liverpool to win the 2006 FA Cup final against West Ham, providing a crucial assist for Steven Gerrard to score the second Liverpool goal.

Three months later, in the curtain-raiser to the 2006–07 season, he headed the winning goal for Liverpool in the club's 2–1 victory over Chelsea in the FA Community Shield. In their 2006/07 UEFA Champions League campaign he scored his first goals in European club competition. On January 13, 2007 he scored two goals in an away game against Watford, the first time he had scored twice in an away league game for Liverpool. Crouch sustained a broken nose when playing against Sheffield United in February 2007. Although he played in some subsequent games, on March 9, 2007 it was announced that he would undergo surgery on the injury which would keep him out of football for a month. On 31st March 2007 he returned to action after the operation and scored the first hat-trick of his club career, against Arsenal in a 4-1 Liverpool victory. This was also a so-called "Perfect Hat-Trick", consisting of goals scored from his right foot, left foot and head.

He later participated in the 2007 UEFA Champions League Final, coming on as a substitute for Javier Mascherano. He ended the 2006-07 season as Liverpool's top goalscorer in all competitions, with 18 Goals. At the start of the 2007-08 season he has had restricted opportunities to play for Liverpool due to the arrival of other strikers, but scored against Toulouse in a Champions League qualifying win in August, his eighth goal in his past ten appearances in that competition, and then also scoring the first and last goals of an 8-0 win over Besiktas in the first round of the Champions League in November. This match is now the highest margin by which a team has won in the Champions League.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjmegGlMiKE
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2008 01:45:06 am by Court LFC »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Peter Crouch (Striker)
      Reply #1: Sep 02, 2006 06:17:21 pm
      Looks like the Gerrard and Crouch Show to me !!  :D
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #2: Sep 02, 2006 06:49:09 pm
      10 goals in 9 games.

Good lad.
      reu01
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #3: Sep 02, 2006 07:14:42 pm
      For me he is England's number 1 sriker. Once Rooney is back he should partner him.  Owen's England days are over.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Sep 02, 2006 09:50:17 pm
      Owen's looking pretty much finished.
      scouse hunny
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #5: Sep 02, 2006 09:51:55 pm
      i really hope crouchy isnt gibbed off for rooney (again) when hes back.
      crouchy has showed us what he is really capable of doing, i think him and stevie are the perfect duo they worked great together.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #6: Sep 02, 2006 11:45:41 pm
      Quote from: "Court_LFC"
      God, how many goals has he nocked in for England recently?
      Who needs Owen and Rooney when we've got Crouch!!  8)  ;D  8)

Who needs Ingerland!

I've got the 'POOL!
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #7: Sep 03, 2006 12:23:56 am
      theres only one peter crouch
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #8: Sep 03, 2006 12:28:24 am
      Only half-interested in England to be honest.

As long as the Liverpool lads play well, and they get to the tournaments that's about my limit of excitement for them.

The most important thing is the reds don't get injured.

I've said it before England winning the World Cup would never compare with anything like Istanbul ever.

Liverpool till I die.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Sep 03, 2006 08:52:56 am
      Quote from: "koolkidda"
      Only half-interested in England to be honest.

As long as the Liverpool lads play well, and they get to the tournaments that's about my limit of excitement for them.

The most important thing is the reds don't get injured.

I've said it before England winning the World Cup would never compare with anything like Istanbul ever.

Liverpool till I die.

I'm with you KK, exactly my sentiments  :D
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #10: Sep 03, 2006 09:40:48 am
      is there any stoping crouch hes playing so well.

as long as he keeps scoring for liverpool im happy with that.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #11: Sep 03, 2006 09:50:29 am
      im with koolkidda
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #12: Sep 03, 2006 09:59:37 am
      Quote from: "Crazy Horse"

Who needs Ingerland!

I've got the 'POOL!

same here and the same with koolkidda
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #13: Sep 03, 2006 03:16:20 pm
      the kidda is right......reds first and then ething else comes second.....an interesting point on ydays game is that fat frankie and owen "i want to be a sum player" did their best not to pass to stevie g. That was until mac the knife told them to pass the ball wide and hey presto stevie g does some magic which the great gerald davies, the welsh rugby legend wld have been proud of and delivered a ball more deadly than a katusha and exocet to defoe. Lets be honest the only person who wld have missed that is Ronnie Rosenthal! :D

Great perfs by stevie g and robo crouch.......now lets save sum for neverwon and chelsh*te.
      CalvinMalteseRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #14: Sep 04, 2006 09:57:00 am
      Quote from: "Crazy Horse"

Who needs Ingerland!

I've got the 'POOL!

At last! Someone sensible, who gives a _____ about England! We're LIVERPOOL!!! :x
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #15: Sep 04, 2006 12:19:58 pm
      i can probably understand y u dont really care about england, its hard to go from hating the sh*t out of rooney, lampard, ferdinand to actually hoping they do well for your country..... is that y yous dont go for england when they play??
      CalvinMalteseRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #16: Sep 05, 2006 09:44:11 pm
      Quote from: "stev_17"
      i can probably understand y u dont really care about england, its hard to go from hating the sh*t out of rooney, lampard, ferdinand to actually hoping they do well for your country..... is that y yous dont go for england when they play??

Apology: I am not English, and therefore support Malta... but Maltese football is a joke. Therefore besides my country I have no interest in international football. If I was born Scouse then I would first care for my beloved city, IDENTITY; then country.
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #17: Sep 06, 2006 08:07:58 am
      yeah im not english either im australian/italian
      CalvinMalteseRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #18: Sep 06, 2006 12:27:05 pm
      I noticed... language barrier  :D
      scousesaz06
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #19: Sep 06, 2006 12:40:07 pm
      i just hope he knocks a few no against the blue sh*te ;D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #20: Sep 06, 2006 06:56:49 pm
      Agreed, a couple against the Bluenoses and he'll be on a crackin' streak. To be fair though, I'm not too bothered who smacks them in as long as we beat the sh!t outta them  ;D
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #21: Sep 06, 2006 09:34:22 pm
      And another goal for England.
      reu01
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #22: Sep 06, 2006 09:56:12 pm
      crouch is the man!!!  neat goal 2nyt ;D