Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Xabi Alonso (L'Arsenal)

Read 9560 times
      Kopkingo
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Re: Xabi Alonso (L'Arsenal)
      Reply #23: Aug 04, 2008 06:19:30 pm
      I think we all just need to trust in what Rafa is doing, because after all - we haven't won a champions league or an FA cup with the biggest club in the world have we?

Exactly mate.  Well said.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #24: Aug 04, 2008 08:01:30 pm
      No wonder Wenger did not bid for Barry ? probably waiting for Alonso ? who he  knows is a better player.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Aug 04, 2008 10:38:10 pm
      i can sum this possible transfer up in just 2 words "total bollocks!"
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #26: Aug 04, 2008 11:36:45 pm
      If i had the choice keep xabi , rafa tell wenger to go and fook himself , and tell that tit mon the same . xabi is a quality player , he belongs at liverpool , he has assets that barry simply hasnt got , rafa be strong in this now epic transfer saga !
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,706 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #27: Aug 05, 2008 11:43:48 am
      Arsenal To Turn To Real Madrid's De La Red As Barry & Alonso Alternative?
      Submitted by Jake Briggs on Tue, 2008-08-05 10:58
      http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/arsenal-turn-real-madrids-de-la-red-barr-5512724.html

Arsenal have now been linked with a move for Real Madrid’s Spanish International Ruben de la Red, with Gunners boss Arsene Wenger keen to add one more quality midfielder to his squad at the Emirates Stadium.

Wenger has been linked with a move for Sporting Lisbon’s Miguel Veloso and an unlikely attempt to sign Xabi Alonso (left) from Liverpool. Along with reports that the Arsenal manager was to try and hijack the Gareth Barry transfer to Liverpool from Aston Villa, with the Arsenal boss ruling out Barry as a potential target on Monday.

Now the North London club are set to turn their attention to 23-year-old Ruben de la Red, who despite impressing at Getafe on loan last season is not likely to push players like Robinho, Guti, Wesley Sneijder and new signing Rafael van der Vaart out of the Real midfield, according to The Telegraph.

EURO 2008 Winner Ruben de la Red is receptive to a move to the Premiership, with the Spanish International also revealing he was a fan of the style of play.

“I like the Premier League and the way they play their football,”said the Spanish midfielder.

Alonso saga is another media bullshit 'cos now arsenal are going for De la Red. Wenger knows that alonso isnt available for him and we will buy barry  :romanjury:
      « Last Edit: Aug 05, 2008 11:54:57 am by clint_call01 »
      Mr Topsy Turvey
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 226 posts |
      Reply #28: Aug 05, 2008 11:49:19 am
      I wouldn't mind De la Red on our midfield - not a very Spanish name though is it?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #29: Aug 05, 2008 02:57:51 pm
      Please dont let them get De La Red either haha. I hope they get no-one and have to use diaby at DM really.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #30: Aug 06, 2008 06:08:50 am
      03/08/2008 21:21

Rafa Happy To Still Have Alonso

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez insists that he is glad to not have cashed in on Xabi Alonso during the summer.
      Prior to Euro 2008 it seemed a foregone conclusion that Alonso would end his four-year spell on Merseyside to join Juventus, but the knock on effect of the Italians opting for the cheaper Christian Poulsen instead, and Aston Villa knocking back bid after bid for Gareth Barry has resulted in the Spaniard remaining rooted in Anfield.

Internazionale, Arsenal and Fenerbahce are still reported to be interested in the 26-year-old, but Benitez has suggested that he is no longer looking to sell.

"It's simple. He is a very good player who is playing for us and I am really pleased with that," the Reds boss told Sky Sports News.

Benitez was also questioned about whether the league title in now definitely the priority now that their domestic drought has is almost into its third decade, but the Spaniard refused to paint himself into a corner.

"Everything is important," he added. "Europe is important, the Premier League is important, the FA Cup and the Carling Cup, so we will try to win every trophy and you never know.

"We will try to win from the first game and then see the situation. We started really well and finished really well last season.

"Clearly we have confidence in ourselves and have the quality to try to win every game but you never know what can happen in any competition.

"If we can do the same this time then hopefully we will be better in the middle of the season. But we will be working really hard to be as competitive as we can."

Derek Wanner, talkaloadofbull.com

Alonso wont be going any where ESPECIALLY to the Ars! Benitez doesnt need to sell players any more, maybe Pennant and (hopefully NOT) Beneyoun but the yanks have said they will front the money in to their Finance's which means Benitez can keep Alonso. This is the type of squad we need if we want to win everything, 2 players for each position that are WORLD class. Just because we get Barry doesnt mean we cant have Alonso too.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Aug 06, 2008 07:42:59 am
      Same quote, reworded article.

Really its what i expected, no chance of signing Xabi. I bet Rafa would have had a chuckle when he heard of their interest.
      Mr Topsy Turvey
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 226 posts |
      Reply #32: Aug 06, 2008 08:31:26 am
      These always make me laugh - from Sky Sports's paper talk

Lee Wilson (Arsenal fan) says...

Alonso to arsenal seems more likely everyday, he has been spotted at the ground twice recently.

------------

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #33: Aug 06, 2008 06:37:55 pm

Alonso to arsenal seems more likely everyday, he has been spotted at the ground twice recently.

:D As if!

There are loads of men that are brown haired and 6ft tall!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,706 posts | 3716 
      Reply #34: Aug 07, 2008 02:26:44 pm
      Fenerbahce outright deny Alonso rumors http://kop-tv.com/go/fenerbahce-outright-deny-alonso-rumors/

Previously, Fenerbahce manager Luis Aragones had refused to reports linking midfielder Xabi Alonso to the Turkish club. Now, however, the club have released an official statement.

It said, according to FootyLatest.com: “For a while now, there are reports in the press saying our club is after Xabi Alonso and that even a deal has been reached upon his transfer,” it said.

“Today, a lot of newspapers published news that we were negotiating with Liverpool and that we had a tactical strategy of bargaining. These reports are not true. Our club has no intention on transferring Xabi Alonso.”

Both the Alonso move and Garth Barry deal look very far from finding a solution, and could drag on until the last day of the transfer window.

therefore all this sh*t is media talk, from now on till the end of the transfer window, im only believing what our players & lfc staff are talking.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #35: Aug 07, 2008 04:25:34 pm
      These always make me laugh - from Sky Sports's paper talk

Lee Wilson (Arsenal fan) says...

------------

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:

Was this when he was in Norway or Scotland?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #36: Aug 07, 2008 05:14:00 pm
      7-King Kenny-7 (liverpool fan) says....

silva to liverpool seems more likely everyday, he has been spotted at the ground twice recently ;) :D

arsenal fans are such dumbass' :laugh:
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,706 posts | 3716 
      Reply #37: Aug 07, 2008 05:16:01 pm
      well done kenny  ;D   :lmao:   :laugh:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #38: Aug 07, 2008 09:56:46 pm
      Just hope Xabi stays long enough to play next Tuesday night, then he'll be cup-tied  ;) :D :D 
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #39: Aug 07, 2008 10:02:22 pm
      Xabi's staying.

F***ing made up.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,706 posts | 3716 
      Reply #40: Aug 07, 2008 10:12:12 pm
      I hope so smiggers, but if he is sold we will have a bid problem in the middle 'cos mascherano & lucas at olympics, gerrard recovering from injure, alonso sold(it would be the biggest mistake that rafa will do:(). only spearing and plessis will be available or maybe putting benayoun in the centre but then we have anothor problem down the left.

But after all he will not be sold to noone!!!! :)
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #41: Aug 09, 2008 09:11:56 pm
      hang on hang on- SSN are now reporting that rafa has said that that they may sell him for the right price

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has refused to rule out the possibility of selling Xabi Alonso.

The Spain international appears to have become the victim of the Reds' continued pursuit of Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry.

He has the full support of the Anfield faithful, though, who backed him throughout Friday's friendly against Lazio, while also displaying their opposition towards any move for Barry.

However, Benitez appears to have turned a deaf ear to the views from the terraces, admitting that a suitable offer could yet see him part with a popular member of his squad.

Price
      "We knew Alonso was a very good player and as a result he had a good price (on his head). We had offers, but they were not enough so we decided he needed to stay with us," said the Spanish coach.

"It could be that he does stay with us.

"For me it is not a problem if he stays or not. He can stay, we always have felt he is a good player.

"We are only talking about a very, very good price. He is a good player, if he is not going to bring a good price then it is very simple, easy to understand.

"I heard the crowd, obviously. We know now, as we knew before, that he could stay with us."

Possibilities
      Benitez needs to sell in order to fund any potential bid for Barry and admits that there are likely to be changes within the Reds camp before the new season gets underway.

"It is not positive that we may not have the players we want here before the Champions League game," he said.

"But the transfer window closes at the end of August, we will try to do our best to bring in the players to improve us by then.

"I try to do the best for my club with the possibilities that you have, I have done this every year since I have been here. And I am trying to do the same for this coming season.

"I do not feel any more pressure, every season is the same. We have a good squad, better than before, but we can improve a little bit more."
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #42: Aug 09, 2008 10:47:32 pm
      well the right price is well out of arsenals reach so they have no chance of getting him if he were to leave
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #43: Aug 10, 2008 05:20:39 am
      Arsenal have no chance, period.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #44: Aug 10, 2008 08:54:43 am
      I don't see Wenger splashing out anything more than 12 mil pounds on a player, even more so if the player is above 20 years of age. The geezer's a miser I bet he takes he a bus ride home.
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #45: Aug 10, 2008 09:54:47 am
      I don't see us selling a player to title rival, it makes no sense

Quick Reply