Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

YNWA Henry Nugent

Read 2590 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,635 posts | 6940 
      YNWA Henry Nugent
      Aug 09, 2008 07:46:03 am

Tears for nine-year-old Henry

The grieving family of a nine-year-old boy who died after being hit by a car have spoken about their “perfect” last day together.

Henry Nugent, of Newick Road, Moulsecoomb, Brighton was hit seconds after stepping off a bus outside Portslade Community College.

The Coldean Primary School pupil had been on his way to meet cousins Kiall Quick, 12, Cameron Quick, ten, and Deon Ryan, ten, for a day of sports activities at the college when he was struck on Thursday.

A day earlier he had spent the day laughing and joking with his family at Hove Lagoon beach as they enjoyed the summer holidays together.

Aunt Vicky Quick, of Drove Crescent, Brighton, said: “We had a perfect day at the seaside.

“We’re a big family and we all met up.

“Henry and his cousins were in the sea all day. We couldn’t get them out.

“They were all so close. They were more like brothers and sisters, really.

“I can’t believe that was our last day together. It’s like it was meant to be.”

The family also took their last photograph of Henry and his cousins together on the beach.

On Thursday Henry was with his mother Louise Quick, 35, and his five-year-old brother George when the accident happened at 10.30am in Chalky Road, Portslade.

After getting off the bus the excited youngster thought he saw his cousins at the college and was going to cross the road.

Vicky said: “Henry loved his cousins and when he got off the bus he told his mum he could see them.

“She is always careful on the road and told him to wait so he stopped. But he just popped his head out from behind the bus to look and the car hit him.”

Henry suffered head injuries and was flown to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel but died in the early hours of Saturday at Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.

Louise and her partner Danny Nugent, Henry’s father, were at his bedside. Heartbroken Louise said: “Henry gave me the best nine years of my life and I don’t know what I am going to do without him.

“His five-year-old brother George, who is disabled and who Henry helped so much, misses him deeply but knows he is with the angels now.

“Henry was very popular. His friends have been leaving heartfelt tributes and donating their football shirts.

“Football was his life. He was a Liverpool fan through and through and a player for Coldean Colts Youth FC. There will be no other number 8 player to replace him. “

He also loved wrestling and playing on his computer.

“The school holidays have been filled with fun, with water fights in the back garden and trips out with the family.

“He was due to go to Disneyland in Paris on August 14, something he was so looking forward to.

“It is now so quiet without him. He tackled everything with passion and energy. I have so many fond memories with me in my heart. It feels like a light has been turned out, a star has gone. “It hurts to think how many lives have been affected by Henry’s death.

“He was such a lively character. He will never be forgotten.”

The family said they do not blame the woman driver of the silver Saab which hit Henry and sent their sympathies to her.

Bing Quick, Henry’s grandfather, of Downland Court, Portslade, said: “We are such a close family and now a huge part of our lives has gone.”

Henry’s uncle, Justin Quick, also of Downland Court, added: “Louise is a fantastic mum and she doted on those little boys.

“She is heartbroken but has nothing but praise for the paramedics, police, neighbours, residents and everybody who has supported her.

“Henry was full of life. He loved Liverpool Football Club and idolised Steven Gerrard.”

Sussex Police appealed for witnesses to call 01273 404370.

Tributes pour in for Henry

Henry Nugent's friends and family gathered outside Coldean Primary School to leave tributes, flowers and football T-shirts for the popular schoolboy.

Many at the school gates were in tears as they laid items, including Liverpool Football Club scarves and boots, in his memory.

Josh McLellan, ten, of Chailey Road, Brighton, has known Henry since they started at the school. He said: “He was a good friend and I’ll miss playing football with him a lot.”

Josh’s mother, Tracey, said: “It was such a shock to hear the news. He is going to be missed dearly.”

Other messages at the school included one from Josh Perrin, which said: “You were one of my best friends at school and at Coldean Colts. I will miss you very much but will never forget you.”

Henry’s mother Louise also left a message at the school. She wrote: “To my darling little Henry. I love and miss you so much, you were my world honey.

“Although it was only nine years it was the best nine years of my life.

“You brought me so much happiness and my memories of you are the best anyone could ever have.

“I love you so much baby, the world has lost a great little man.”

His cousin, Tanya Humphrey, 14, wrote: “It doesn’t feel real that we were all in the sea on Wednesday, throwing seaweed at each other, freezing cold and then we had that race in and out of the sea.

“Then my mum said to us all, ‘Come on you lot, all the cousins get in a picture.’ I’m so glad she took that picture, it shows what a perfect day we had.”

In a joint message, Henry’s cousins Deon Ryan, ten, Cameron Quick, ten, and Kiall Quick, 12, said: “You were and still are the best cousin ever.”

Another message said: “Henry RIP xxx You will be missed by us all. Paula, Graham, Shannon, Liam and Halle xxx.”

Henry was a keen member of Coldean Colts football club and had played in defence since the team was formed 18 months ago.

Phil Pilbeam, who set up the team with his wife Anne, said: “All the coaches and players are absolutely devastated. “He was such a popular boy. He was so loyal to us. He was always there every single Tuesday and Saturday without fail.”

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/3570903.Tears_for_nine_year_old_Henry/

Condolences to his family and friends on a tragic loss of life.

YNWA Henry.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Š Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: YNWA Henry Nugent
      Reply #1: Aug 09, 2008 08:57:31 am
      That's terrible. Condolences to his family.

YNWA Henry.
      neverseenaslimbull
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #2: Aug 09, 2008 09:00:57 am
      I spent my holidays in Brighton on 1985-1986. Very special place, very special people.
      I'm very sorry.

R.I.P.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Aug 09, 2008 09:30:57 am
      God bless you Henry, RIP

YNWA
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4: Aug 09, 2008 09:51:31 am
      It's just terrible things like this keep happening everyday in the world

YNWA Henry RIP
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,350 posts | 1627 
      Reply #5: Aug 09, 2008 10:55:08 am
      Stories like this just bring tears to youre eyes and make you even more gratefull for the time you spend with youre kids time that we sometimes take for granted .GOD BLESS HENRY AND YOURE FAMILY .YNWA
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #6: Aug 09, 2008 11:30:47 am
      What a sad story!! Way too young to go!!

Such a tragedy! God Bless You Henry!!

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Aug 09, 2008 11:41:48 am
      He was only 9. I hate to hear stories of kids like Henry leave us.

YNWA Henry and the whole Nugent family.

You and Liam can have a kick around with Shanks and Paisley above us.
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #8: Aug 09, 2008 11:58:52 am
      Very sad news for all of the family

My condolences.

YNWA
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #9: Aug 09, 2008 12:33:14 pm
      Very sad and upsetting news that.

Someone so young to be taken away is a tragedy.

God bless to all the family and friends of young Henry.
      YNWA.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Aug 09, 2008 01:30:09 pm
      My deepest sympathy to the Nugent family and all their friends. Really sad news.

Rest In Peace little Henry. YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,693 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #11: Aug 09, 2008 01:41:27 pm
      Rip Henry YNWA. After I read the article I didn't  have the courage to write down. Again rip little boy Henry. My heart go's out to the entire family and there is not much more one can really say.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #12: Aug 09, 2008 01:50:31 pm
      My condolences to the family, I can't imagine what they must be going through right now.

RIP Henry Nugent :(
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #13: Aug 09, 2008 09:58:39 pm
      Sad news.

R.I.P Henry.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14: Aug 10, 2008 12:03:53 am
      A terrible tragedy.

Condolences to the Nugent family.....that is just so heartbreaking.

I couldn't imagine life without my kids and for his family to have to go through this is just the worst thing that could happen to anyone. Very sad indeed.

RIP Henry YNWA
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #15: Aug 10, 2008 12:10:25 am
      RIP Henry, Youll Never Walk Alone!

Quick Reply