Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Forum Appreciation Thread

Read 37440 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Forum Appreciation Thread
      Reply #92: Jul 07, 2009 04:12:12 pm
      This is more appreciation of certain members on here, but I love reading the stories Billy1 tells us about the players of pre-Shankly. All the stories I know of players before me time are off me dad, so it's more 70s and 80s stuff and although he tells me stories his dad told him when he was a lad, it doesn't feel the same not being first hand information.

But reading the stories on here are fantastic, it gives us a bit more to the names we already know.

Totally agree there mate.

I hope this doesn't sound patronising but having fellow reds participate on here like Billy1 who are, shall we say more of the experienced nature, is great. And it's a pleasure to read their accounts from years back in the past. And of course of the present.

redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #93: Jul 07, 2009 04:16:51 pm
      I'm only born in 1994 so I wouldn't have that much an impression of the players from the 40s-60s etc. Only have some sort of impression from the Shankly era onwards, albeit a quite poor one tbh :(

However some posters here are really pleasant. I think many of them light this forum up, I would say posts from ayrton, Ross, Gow, Mags and a couple more actually interest me. Although sometimes its just weird pictures, but they still light it up! :D

Anyway, well done to all the staff who have run such a fantastic forum. It's a pleasure to post on here everyday, actually an addiction :P So thumbs up to everyone who make this forum such a good place! :)
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #94: Jul 07, 2009 04:17:34 pm
      This is more appreciation of certain members on here, but I love reading the stories Billy1 tells us about the players of pre-Shankly. All the stories I know of players before me time are off me dad, so it's more 70s and 80s stuff and although he tells me stories his dad told him when he was a lad, it doesn't feel the same not being first hand information.

But reading the stories on here are fantastic, it gives us a bit more to the names we already know.

I have a feeling Billy1 was a member on a different forum before (same username) and I've read loads of his stories - it's always great to hear of LFC before my time.

Keep it up Billy1, and all 'more experienced' Reds.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #95: Jul 08, 2009 10:04:29 am
       Thank you for the compliments lads they are appreciated and totally unexpected.Shay you are right about me being on another forum with the same user name.That forum cannot compare to the way this forum is run and the quality of the posters is much better on here,it is a pleasure to discuss our Liverpool Football club with so many good people on a forum that is so well managed by JD, MODS and all staff.Once again thank you all.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #96: Jul 08, 2009 10:14:24 am
      Keep it up Billy, I also love hearing your stories. Like I've said I think I'm one of the youngest on this forums, quite poor with my history of the club and you just lit it up, kept me informed.

It was a pleasure hearing your stories from you 50-60 years ago.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #97: Jul 08, 2009 10:38:15 am
      I think everyone has certain people who they enjoy reading their posts in particular, for most of I imagine it's more or less the same ones.

Obviously Billy1 was has been mentioned, but also Redkenny, Glenbuck, Huyton and generally anyone who has been a member a good while. The banter with most here is obviously good, but once you get a 'feel' for someone (not in a pervy way! :D) then it's even more of a pleasure reading what they have to say.

This isn't to say newer members posts are poorer, just that when you know a bit more about someone it adds another dimension to their posting. If anything, I hope this is an encouragement for people to stick around!
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #98: Jul 08, 2009 12:22:03 pm
      Thank you for the compliments lads they are appreciated and totally unexpected.Shay you are right about me being on another forum with the same user name.That forum cannot compare to the way this forum is run and the quality of the posters is much better on here,it is a pleasure to discuss our Liverpool Football club with so many good people on a forum that is so well managed by JD, MODS and all staff.Once again thank you all.

Never a truer word, Billy.  I was a mod on that forum and it went to rat-sh*t - that's why I left.

Definitely much better here.

I think everyone has certain people who they enjoy reading their posts in particular, for most of I imagine it's more or less the same ones.

Obviously Billy1 was has been mentioned, but also Redkenny, Glenbuck, Huyton and generally anyone who has been a member a good while. The banter with most here is obviously good, but once you get a 'feel' for someone (not in a pervy way! :D) then it's even more of a pleasure reading what they have to say.

This isn't to say newer members posts are poorer, just that when you know a bit more about someone it adds another dimension to their posting. If anything, I hope this is an encouragement for people to stick around!

You're right Ayrton, this site is full of good lads who are knowledgeable about LFC.  I am more than happy to read what most have to say - even those who have never been fortunate enough to go to Anfield.

Easily the best bunch of members (which improves the forum immeasurably) of any LFC site I've been on.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #99: Jul 08, 2009 02:22:55 pm
      Id throw my two cents here.  ;D

A big well done to the senior mods I like what is being done with the promotion of new mods especially the latest batch. Good to see that diversity is recognised and users irrespectable of age, sex and location can be acknowledged and given the opportunities to become mods themselves.

A solid framework to foster any community on be it real life or virtual.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #100: Jul 08, 2009 02:29:32 pm
      Id throw my two cents here.  ;D

A big well done to the senior mods I like what is being done with the promotion of new mods especially the latest batch. Good to see that diversity is recognised and users irrespectable of age, sex and location can be acknowledged and given the opportunities to become mods themselves.

A solid framework to foster any community on be it real life or virtual.

I do agree with you here, its good to see Mods from even Australia and France, not just Liverpool. Thumbs up to you for giving everyone an equal chance of becoming a mod JD.

Cheers for running such a forum, I'll gladly throw my money to make some forum donations, but that is only when I get my credit card! :(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #101: Jul 08, 2009 03:03:12 pm
      Nice to hear comments about the choice of staff.

The decision was made by all the mods, certainly not just me and Kenny - and sex, race, location, age and even whether I know their first name or not plays zero part in the decision.

Me and Kenny had a shortlist of 3 and after discussion with the rest of the staff we ended up with 2 of those in the 4 new appointments.

I do agree with you here, its good to see Mods from even Australia and France, not just Liverpool.

Don't forget there are a few from around this country as well.  Us 'locals' are slightly in the minority now.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #102: Jul 23, 2009 01:56:20 am
      On my 3,000 post I just wanted to say I love this forum.

I don't get to talk to too many people regarding our famous club so I just wanted to say it's a pleasure coming on here everyday and discussing the greatest Football Club on the planet, with you my Liverpool Family.

Cheers to JD and the Mods for keeping the forum in check and also for giving me something to do whilst I'm at work  ;)

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #103: Jul 23, 2009 08:51:24 am

I don't get to talk to too many people regarding our famous club so I just wanted to say it's a pleasure coming on here everyday and discussing the greatest Football Club on the planet, with you my Liverpool Family.

Cheers to JD and the Mods for keeping the forum in check and also for giving me something to do whilst I'm at work  ;)
      AussieRed (Ian) this is your manager,I was going to sack you for wasting company time.Lucky for you it is a L.F.C REDS forum so how the hell can I sack a man who shows so much intelligence andsupports the best club in the world.Keep up those good posts mate,well done.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2009 09:33:09 am by JD, Reason: Quote fixed »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #104: Jul 23, 2009 09:35:32 am

Cheers fella. Comments like that make it all worthwhile.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #105: Jul 23, 2009 10:32:34 am

Cheers to JD and the Mods for keeping the forum in check and also for giving me something to do whilst I'm at work  ;)

:D

That's a warm and fuzzy one that. :)

No probs at all mate.

Must say thank you to all the people (and Crouchinho's kangaroo) who come on here and make it the community that it is today. Feels good to moderate such a happy forum. :)
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #106: Jul 23, 2009 10:47:14 am
      I didn't see this thread before , so I'm going to say what I wanted to say from some time ....it feels great talking to people from all around the world about Liverpool FC , the ting is I don't have anyone in school to talk about it with 1) Most of the people in my school are glory hunting mancs 2) Whoever is a Liverpool supporter in my school don't take me seriously because I'm a girl and it's odd talking to them because I know more than they do and they won't admit to it ! And it's nice to hear from older wider people like you guys who are actually form, Liverpool and know your club , and not only the people form Liverpool but all over the world who know your club and love it . And I'm also happy because I can trust you guy and I know that you wont lie to us ( keeping in mind that the internet is a bad place) about your background . The staff is great and and you guys do a fab job of moderating and kicking out all the muppets on this forum . And it's really nice to express my opinion and say what I feel without being judged because of my gender . Thanks you guys rock are boss !
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #107: Jul 23, 2009 11:06:19 am
      And it's nice to hear from older wider people like you guys

Thanks niks. There's a lot of exercising going on to remedy that though you know? ;)
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #108: Jul 23, 2009 11:08:09 am
      Sorry I meant wiser
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #109: Jul 23, 2009 12:39:07 pm

You were right first time.

Although a few of us are working on it. ;)

kicking out all the muppets on this forum . And it's really nice to express my opinion and say what I feel without being judged because of my gender . Thanks you guys rock are boss !

Is right!
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #110: Jul 23, 2009 12:52:25 pm
      You were right first time.

Although a few of us are working on it. ;)

Is right!

I'm sure you guys aren't that bad  ( but maybe you could cut down on the sweets ;D  ) ...and I really did mean to say wiser .
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #111: Jul 23, 2009 09:59:16 pm
      As JD says, it's words like that, that makes it all worth it. Much appreciated AussieRed and niksluvslfc.

And it's really nice to express my opinion and say what I feel without being judged because of my gender.

Glad to hear that niks! We're all reds together no matter what gender.
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #112: Jul 25, 2009 01:56:41 pm
      This is a grate fans foum well run and grate threads  well done whoever started it
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #113: Jul 25, 2009 02:06:29 pm
      See, Mr Forum Making Fella. It's comments like that that make it all worthwhile.
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #114: Jul 25, 2009 02:43:34 pm
      ;D this is really a good website

Quick Reply