Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

iPod Touch / iPhone Apps

Read 27959 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      iPod Touch / iPhone Apps
      Aug 15, 2008 07:22:57 pm
      Just download a free application for my iPod Touch.

It's called Remote and guess what?

It connects via your WiFi and acts as a remote for your iTunes on your computer.  Handy for me because I only have an 8Gb iTouch but I have about 100 Gb of music on my PC.  Now I can pump out the music through my computer's speakers no matter where I am in the house.

House parties, for the next 25 years, sorted.

A big recommend from me.

Assume it works for the iPhone as well.  Pull up outside your house after work.  Select your track.  And make your 'entrance'.  Abso-F***ing-lutely superb.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: iPod Touch / iPhone Apps
      Reply #1: Aug 16, 2008 03:24:15 pm
      Assume it works for the iPhone as well.  Pull up outside your house after work.  Select your track.  And make your 'entrance'.  Abso-F***ing-lutely superb.

:lmao:

I think I might just get an iPhone and that application just for this reason alone!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #2: Aug 16, 2008 03:25:49 pm
      :lmao:

I think I might just get an iPhone and that application just for this reason alone!

Came back from the chippy last night and started off 'Daddy Cool' on the PC at home.  Her indoors shat herself.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Aug 16, 2008 03:33:01 pm
       :lmao: Quality!

If i were you, I'd find a tune that starts off really loud and do it again after a couple of days.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Aug 17, 2008 09:59:37 am
      Sounds class!

My search for an iPhone just stepped up a notch! :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Ipod Touch
      Reply #5: Mar 23, 2009 12:14:14 pm
      Just got one for my birthday, how do i transfer music from Limewire to my library? So confusing.

Finally, figured it out. As simple as copy and paste  :f_doh:
      « Last Edit: Mar 23, 2009 12:59:59 pm by crouchinho »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #6: Mar 23, 2009 09:05:21 pm
      I got a ipod touch a couple of months ago and never really bother too much with the different apps.The only one I have on my ipod is pac-man which I played if I am watching for someone to kill time.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #7: Mar 24, 2009 12:14:20 am
      Anyone want to hear a depressing story :(
      I had the 1st iphone and got mugged last year and lost it.
      Replaced it with the new one (free on my home insurance), left it in a taxi last week    :mad:
      Rang delta and they have no record of the taxi i booked and they've had nothing handed in.
      Now i have to wait til december when my contract finishes to get another handset because to buy a replacement before my contract finishes is £350!!!!!!!!!
      Madness.
      I'll try to claim on my home insurance but i can't see them paying out again  :(
      The only thing that has cheered me up has been the best week of liverpool football i've ever seen  ;D

Oh and yeah that remote app was brilliant. Never thought of using it to make a timwestwoodlike entrance into my house though   :laugh:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Mar 24, 2009 06:18:57 pm
      Delta should have a record of the taxi. All Delta cabs are tracked and logged mate.

I can't stop playing the darts app! Very addictive. Has anyone got any football apps and if so, any good?
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #9: Mar 24, 2009 07:40:40 pm
      I know, but when i told them the name and time they said they had no record of it ???
      I've tried my mates names too because we were waiting for a while so we booked another under his name and they had a record for that one, but nothing handed in from the taxi :(
      It's been snapped up by either the driver or the next person to get in the taxi.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Mar 24, 2009 07:45:29 pm
      ^^ That is such bad luck Ally, really feel for you.

So have you got to manage till December without a phone?  :(
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #11: Mar 25, 2009 01:04:40 am
      I've got my old nokia which wouldn't look out of place if it was set into the wall of my house but it's hard to get used to at the moment.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #12: Mar 25, 2009 06:38:23 am
      Ouch Ally, bad luck mate.

I need money, i want to get some apps. Dont know which are decent though, have to scope.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #13: Mar 25, 2009 12:44:46 pm
      Delta should have a record of the taxi. All Delta cabs are tracked and logged mate.

I can't stop playing the darts app! Very addictive. Has anyone got any football apps and if so, any good?

Darts is so addictive! The free app. is the one you have? I played it from 3 quarters of battery left till it died. Got plenty of great apps now, even a mini piano! :D

Going to buy some tomorrow, dont have enough time now, only got the free ones so i could 'Pimp my Pod' if you will.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #14: Mar 26, 2009 09:54:01 am
      Let's see what I've got on my phone.

-iHandy Level - the spirit level you can take anywhere! ;)
      -Vegas Lite - some pool game
      -Shotgun Free
      -Shazam
      -FakeCaller
      -FakeText
      -iPity - Mr. T soundboard
      -Urbanspoon - although it is sh*te for anywhere expect London
      -Speed Test
      -iPet Photo - so I can take pictures of the dog!
      -Polarize - another good camera app
      -Last.fm - although I still don't 'get it'
      -Etch Lite - etch-a-sketch
      -Fastlane Lite - demo of a pretty decent racing game
      -Flash Banner - to swear at people with
      -Facebook
      -Fring
      -Comic Touch
      -Air Sharing
      -RK_Free - runkeeper.com
      -QuickVoice - records voice memos

If anyone has any suggests of some really decent arcade style games then let me know.  I don't think I've purchased an app yet.

Oh, and Kenny, all the footy ones are sh*te.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: Mar 26, 2009 12:19:16 pm
      Just downloaded a footy one, bloody terrible. Plays worse football than Derby.

I recommend Hoopslite, awesome basketball game just like in your classic arcade where you shoot for hoops. Time Crisis is great too, you can buy it or there is a free level which is fun.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #16: Mar 26, 2009 04:22:00 pm
      I've downloaded Remote into my iTunes on my laptop but I can't get it onto my iPod Touch. I sync my iPod but it just doesn't go on. I'm trying to work out how you download apps straight onto my iPod but when I go onto iTunes I can't find a search button for applications. Only shows music when I search.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Mar 26, 2009 11:36:50 pm
      I've downloaded Remote into my iTunes on my laptop but I can't get it onto my iPod Touch. I sync my iPod but it just doesn't go on. I'm trying to work out how you download apps straight onto my iPod but when I go onto iTunes I can't find a search button for applications. Only shows music when I search.

I know I had to get a software update for my ipod touch to get the app store on my ipod?

Let's see what I've got on my phone.

-iHandy Level - the spirit level you can take anywhere! ;)

;) I seen this in an email and thought I'll HAVE to get that. Because you just never know when you'll need a spirit level. Must be a testosterone thing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #18: Mar 26, 2009 11:50:02 pm

I've still got my iPod Touch (8Gb - great condition - anyone want to offer me a sensible price for it?) and I think I can download apps on that. 

Anyway downloaded all those LFC Matchbooks that Kenny talked about in The Dug Out on to my phone.  The Man Utd one is class (John Aldridge is a legend - Res - you should use his commentary overlaid on to that video you made that would be superb!)

With that Remote thing you have to have it attached via USB and then go to it on your iTouch then enter the 4 digit security code that comes up. Once that's on you can unhook and see and play all your music wirelessly.

----

Some other stuff I was reading about.  If you've got Skype, Windows Live etc then you can use your iPhone or iPod Touch in wi-fi areas to use messaging or even phone calls.  Fring and Netbuzz are two of the apps you can use.  Both very good - although Apple have understandably blocked the use of phone calls over 3G. 

But the death knell of these mobile networks such as Orange and Vodafone is nigh - the more Wi-Fi areas available - practically free calls!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #19: Mar 31, 2009 11:46:45 am
      Ok my apps include:

Hoopslite
      Darts
      Facebook
      Fastlane Lite
      Action Bowling
      Blackjack
      iChess
      MiniPiano
      TicTacTouch
      Vegas Pool Sharks
      The ABC
      Copter
      Par 72
      Solitaire
      iFishing
      Labyrinth
      Tap Tap Revenge 2
      Time Crisis
      Palringo
      Air Hockey

Got more to be synced but these are great.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #20: Mar 31, 2009 12:38:18 pm
      Can't be bothered turning the picture around.

But now available from today on Phone and Touch - Skype (free).

Use chat in 3g/Wifi.  Can only call phones in WiFi areas (otherwise networks would be in big trouble).  But a way of making phone calls for cheap/free if you have iPod Touch.

Recommended.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #21: Apr 02, 2009 12:11:28 pm
      If you've got an iPod Touch, and you want to get an iPhone - but can't be arsed being tied in to a lengthy contract, here is the answer...  ;)

I want one of those DOT com

£43.47

There's at least two or three people in every group of friends who just can't stop talking about their brand shiny new iPhone, how it's changed their life and they just couldn't do without it. It's enough to make you sick to the back teeth and to add insult to injury they're absolutely right! It might just be the coolest mobile phone ever and it just keeps getting better. But they're so expensive, and you've just shelled out money on a new iPod touch. Well, now it's time to get your own back on those smug bar stewards.

The iClamp iPod Converter has been developed to give us mere mortals a chance to live the iPhone dream without having to sell a kidney. All you have to do is insert your simcard into the iClamp (any network will do - sorry O2) and clamp this device to your iPod Touch, making sure the top and bottom section are properly inserted. The onboard software does the rest - you'll see a little call icon pop up on the screen, which means your ready to make and receive calls. Hey presto - you've got yourself an iPhone, and all for under £100! There's no need for a new contract, you can surf the internet at your leisure, and generally join the iPhone crew - it's unbelievable!

Features
      Clamp with integrated conversion software to turn your iPod Touch into an iPhone.
      5 mega pixel camera.
      Comes with OS3.0.
      Compatible with all mobile networks.
      Suitable for ages 12 years+.
      Suitable for iPod Touch Generation 1 and 2.
      Size: 12 x 2.5cm.

(I have just discovered when you click on buy, this item is infact, an April Fool.)   :-\
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2009 01:11:02 pm by Court LFC »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22: Apr 02, 2009 12:37:13 pm
      Magnificent idea, just looks abit too wierd IMO.

Quick Reply