Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Gladbach & Liverpool friendship ?!?!

Read 5536 times
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #23: May 30, 2006 09:30:43 pm
      Think they should let him play for germany ;D he's been there long enough and talks better german than english sorry gladbach but he's crap and we don't want him.
      lee ed
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      Reply #24: May 30, 2006 09:31:29 pm
      Quote from: "JIMI"
      Quote from: "lee ed"
      No Hargreaves IS to close he should be on some fancy island miles
      away from the rest of the squad on his summer holidays

ask if u can go with him my m8 ;D ;D  ;D

Can't get time off so would be a waste of a question

from were work or ur mrs  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
      JIMI
      • Forum David Johnson

• 232 posts |
      Reply #25: May 30, 2006 09:31:31 pm
      Quote from: "debever2011"
      Think they should let him play for germany ;D he's been there long enough and talks better german than english sorry gladbach but he's crap and we don't want him.

Your not wrong their
      JIMI
      • Forum David Johnson

• 232 posts |
      Reply #26: May 30, 2006 09:32:25 pm

She hasn't got a say , from work
      lee ed
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      Reply #27: May 30, 2006 09:34:17 pm

She hasn't got a say , from work

what ever ur under the thumb ;D  ;D
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #28: May 30, 2006 09:38:04 pm
      This is getting silly you've lost me somewere in all the boxes :shock:
      lee ed
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      Reply #29: May 30, 2006 09:50:12 pm
      Quote from: "debever2011"
      This is getting silly you've lost me somewere in all the boxes :shock:

c ur not perfect ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
      Gladbach-Reds-Fan-GER
      • Forum Markus Babbel
      • Started Topic

• 76 posts |
      Reply #30: May 31, 2006 12:40:35 pm
      hey you.....
      I wanted to talk about gladbach and liverpool and now we do a little small talk :-) this is getting very nice and interesting :-)

And @JIMI YES WE HAVE CIGARETTE MACHINES
      Grahamlfc
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Re: Gladbach & Liverpool friendship ?!?!
      Reply #31: May 23, 2008 10:46:17 pm
      2008 Liverpool FC supporters Friendship
      visit to Moenchengladbach - PRESS RELEASE REPORT

LFC SUPPORTERS RETURN FROM UNBELIEVABLE WEEKEND IN GERMANY

LIVERPOOL FC & BORUSSIA MG - EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT
      LIVERPOOL FC & BORUSSIA MG - A VERY SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP

Once again, for the 2nd consecutive year the LFC supporters Friendship visit to see our friends from Moenchengladbach was an "outstanding success", stated LFC supporters Moenchengladbach Friendship trip organiser Graham Agg. There has been a very special friendship between the two clubs supporters since Borussia and Liverpool met in Borussia's glory days of the 70's. Liverpool played Borussia Moenchengladbach in the 1973 UEFA cup final triumphing 3-2 on aggregate and they also met in the 1977 European cup final in the eternal city of Rome, Liverpool again winning their first European cup 3-1. They were also to meet the following year in the 1978 European cup semi-final, again the Reds winning 4-2 on aggregate.

Since then there has been a continuous special friendship between the two sets of supporters.

Every year since 1992, the Borussia supporters have visited Anfield during the German Bundesliga winter break to support the Reds and it should also NEVER be forgotten that in 1991 a delegation of Borussia MG supporters flew to Liverpool to present the Hillsborough Families with a cheque for 21000 Deutsch Marks (approximately £8000) in the aftermath of the disaster.

The 2008 LFC supporters Friendship visit this year, fortunately coincided with a massive Borussia promotion party in the City Centre of Moenchengladbach after Borussia's immediate promotion back to the top flight of German football after the previous seasons relegation. An estimated crowd of 95000 people crammed into the centre of Moenchengladbach to welcome the promoted Borussia team, amongst them 50 Liverpool supporters who went to Gladbach on their annual Friendship visit.

The friendship visited also included a stadium tour, a meeting with ex-Liverpool player Christian Ziege, now Sports Director at Borussia MG, also there was an all-day LFC/BMG Fan party and an appearance for a number of LFC supporters on the Borussia Park pitch just 20 minutes before Borussia's last home match of the 2007/2008 season versus SC Freiburg. Also guaranteed match tickets for Borussia's last home match of the 2007/2008 season versus SC Freiburg which resulted in a 2-3 home defeat for Borussia but was never the less meaningless as Borussia had already the previous Wednesday clinched promotion back to the top flight - Bundesliga 1.

Friendship trip organser Graham Agg was interviewed on the pitch and conveyed in German to the 54000 capacity attendance how proud the Liverpool supporters are of a 30 year plus friendship with the Gladbach supporters. The Liverpool supporters then unveiled a specially commissioned "Friendship flag" that they proceeded to show to the entire 4 sides of the impressive Borussia Park. The amazing Gladbach supporters responded by singing a faultless rendition of "You'll never walk alone" and chanting "Liverpool, Liverpool" to their Liverpool friends.
      The LFC fans also handed out during the weekend, special "Friendship" badges to their Borussia Moenchengladbach counterparts with the words "two clubs, one family" inscribed on them.

Before leaving the pitch the Borussia Moenchengladbach President Rolf Koenigs and Vice-President Siegfried Soellner also came down pitch level to greet the Liverpool FC supporters - a truly magnificent gesture.

The 2008 Friendship visit was also fully endorsed by Liverpool Football Club who presented the supporters before departure with a signed photograph of Liverpool captain and esteemed England international footballer Steven Gerrard to present to the official Borussia Moenchengladbach supporters club.

Graham Agg also said he wished to thank all the Borussia supporters and the citizens of the City of Moenchengladbach for their friendliness and hospitality during their stay, and congratulate Borussia's on their promotion to the German Bundesliga top flight. Particular thanks go to Borussia MG fan liaision officer Thomas "Tower" Weinmann and Thomas "Jonny" Polcher and from the Borussia MG Fan-Projekt, and also Liverpool supporters Pat Link and Gary Johnston, who also helped to organise the Friendship weekend, and Liverpool FC fanatics Tom Kunze and Ray Latham .

Agg also stated that he would "like to thank all Liverpool supporters in Gladbach for being superb ambassadors for Liverpool Football Club and the City of Liverpool and that Liverpool FC and Borussia MG supporters share a friendship that is very seldom seen in world football".

LIVERPOOL FC & BORUSSIA MG - EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT
      LIVERPOOL FC & BORUSSIA MG - A VERY SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP

To see the video's and pictures of the Liverpool FC supporters on their visit, please click the links and see below:-

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Q2CWlTMRE&feature=related

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mdvn_xPBoc

http://www.german-reds.de/berichte/2008/2008-05-11_mgb.htm
      Grahamlfc
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Re: Gladbach & Liverpool friendship ?!?!
      Reply #32: Aug 19, 2008 09:21:36 am
      Here's the report from our 2007 Friendship trip to Gladbach, Germany.

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

LIVERPOOL FC  BORUSSIA MG - EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT

LIVERPOOL FC  & BORUSSIA MG - A VERY SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP

LIVERPOOL FC SUPPORTERS 2007 FRIENDSHIP VISIT TO MOENCHENGLADBACH

Please see video below of our 30th anniversary Friendship
      trip in May 2007, to see our friends from Moenchengladbach in Germany.

BORUSSIA MG and LIVERPOOL FC
       -  A VERY SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP,
      The Friendship lives on

BORUSSIA MG and LIVERPOOL FC -
      EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT.
      Die Freundschaft lebt

Liverpool FC and BorussiaMoenchengladbach
      - a very special Friendship

The history of the friendship.
      There is a special friendship that exists between Liverpool and German Bundesliga Club Borussia Moenchengladbach (BMG) that has existed between the two clubs and particularly the supporters since the famous European Cup Final in 1977 in Rome when Liverpool beat the reigning German Champions at that time 3-1 to win the European Cup for the first time in the eternal Italian city of Rome.

Almost 30,000 Liverpool supporters made the trip to Rome via car, boat, train and plane.  At the time Gladbach were without doubt one of the best teams in europe with world class players like European footballer of the year Simonsen and of course their captain and  German national defender Berti Vogts.
      It was of course the very last match for Liverpool's best player at the time Kevin Keegan, who gave one of his best ever displays in a red shirt.  He tormented his man marker Berti Vogts so much it eventually led to Vogts bringing him down in the penalty box which led to a penalty converted by Liverpool right back Phil Neal to make it 3-1 and that is how the match finished with Liverpool lifting the European Cup for the first time in their history.
      The following season Liverpool were to meet Gladbach again in the European Cup semi-final, and after Liverpool suffered a 1-2 defeat in the first leg in the Germany in front of 66,000 fans,with a late goal from Rainer Bonhoff after a mistake from Liverpool keeper Ray Clemence.  In the return match at Anfield in front of 51,500 supporters in a packed and pulsating Anfield Liverpool overran Gladbach with a unbelievable performance and ran out 3-0 winners, winning the tie 4-2 on aggregate.

After these games a special friendship was formed between the two clubs and as I said earlier, also the supporters, this resulted in Liverpool and Borussia supporters holding yearly friendly matches between the fans and also every season since 1992 to the present day, during the winter German break approximately 100 to 150 Gladbach fans travel over to Liverpool to support the Reds at a match at Anfield. 

Last year, 2007,  the Gladbach supporters took the decision not to travel as the only games available for them to see were the home matches against city rivals Everton and Premiership champions Chelsea, because they are both massive matches the Gladbach supporters decided not to travel as they believed it would have been unfair to take tickets from regular Liverpool fans in such important matches.  I think this is a fine gesture and proves they are true football supporters and also true Liverpool fans.

Last year, 2007, on the 25th May it was the 30th anniversary of the European Cup Final in Rome between Liverpool and Gladbach, and the Borussia and Liverpool supporters organised a petition which was presented to officials of both clubs for a 30th anniversary rematch to be played.

I believe it should also be remembered that the Borussia Moenchengladbach supporters after the tragedy of Hillsborough, collected the sum of approximately 21000 Deutsch Marks (approximately £8000) for the Hillsborough families, a truly remarkable gesture that should NEVER be forgotten and that for me reveals they are a really a fantastic club with superb fans.

On the 9th May this year, Liverpool supporters travelled to spend a weekend with our friends from Borussia and see the last home match of the 2007/2008 season,  Borussia Moenchengladbach versus FC Freiburg. 
      Graham Agg (Friendship trip organiser  2007 & 2008)

BORUSSIA MG and LIVERPOOL FC - Eine ganz besondere freundschaft
      BORUSSIA MG and LIVERPOOL FC - A very special friendship

For more information on this special friendship please read below:-

30th ANNIVERSARY FRIENDSHIP VISIT
      BY LIVERPOOL FC SUPPORTERS
      TO MOENCHENGLADBACH, GERMANY
      LAST YEAR - 2007

The weekend of Friday 18th May to Sunday 20th May 2007, Liverpool FC supporters went on a 30th Anniversary Friendship visit to Moenchengladbach, Germany.  The visit by the Liverpool supporters was to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the 1977 European Cup final in Rome between Liverpool FC and Borussia Moenchengladbach.  The weekend was an outstanding success, the Friendship is as strong as ever and it is my opinion, the Gladbach supporters are alongside Liverpool supporters the best supporters in the world.
      The trip involved a stadium tour, a meeting with Christian Ziege, ex-Liverpool player and now the current Sports director of Borussia, and taking in Gladbach's last home game of the 2006/2007 season.  Before and after the match Liverpool FC supporters were in a all day party at the Borussia fan house.  My thanks go to the Gladbach fan liasion officer Thomas "Tower" Weinmann and Gladbach Fan Project superfan Jonny Polcher, whose hospitality as always was second to none.

Every year since 1992 Gladbach supporters have travelled to Liverpool to support the Reds during the German Bundesliga winter break.  What also needs to be remembered, is the fact that in 1991, the Gladbach supporters collected 21000 Deutsch Marks(approximately £8000) for the families of the Hillsborough disaster, a truly fantastic gesture that should NEVER be forgotten.

30 Liverpool supporters made the trip to Moenchengladbach which was organised by me, Graham Agg, with superb help from Pat Link and Gary Johnston.  We handed out Friendship badges and a plaque with the Liverpool crest and the words emblazoned across "EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT" which means in English "a very special friendship".

The Friendship trip was also fully embraced by Liverpool Football Club who sent me a paper plaque signed personally by Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez with the words "to Borussia Moenchengladbach supporters club".

I want to thank all Liverpool supporters who made the trip for being superb ambassadors for Liverpool Football Club and the City of Liverpool.  We made many friends in Gladbach and already the wheels are turning ready for making plans for our next visit this year. 
      I and four other Liverpool supporters, Gary, Pat, Kevin and Ronald had the amazing opportunity 15 minutes before Gladbach's last home match of the 2006/2007 season to unveil a special Friendship flag we had made to convey to our German friends our feelings about the special friendship between the two clubs and the two sets of supporters.  Unbelieveably I also had the chance on the pitch with a microphone in hand to say a few words in German to the 50000 Borussia supporters who were in the stadium.  I conveyed to them in German(I speak fluent German, having lived there for 9 years) that the friendship had lasted 30 years already and hopefully it would last another 30 years at least.  I then wished them all the best for the following season after their relegation this season. 
      I then told them we had something to show then and we then unveiled our specially commissioned Friendship flag, which was greeted with a massive roar and the singing of "Liverpool, Liverpool" and finally a perfect rendition of "you'll never walk alone". 
      It is a moment I and all Liverpool supporters will treasure for the rest of our lives.  It was simply amazing. 
      Best wishes, Graham Agg(2007 FRIENDSHIP TRIP ORGANISER)

To see the VIDEO unveiling of our flag and myself saying a few words to our fantastic Borussia MG friends please click on the link below:-

TO SEE VIDEO CLICK HERE   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEunDp58Wh0

The Friendship lives on

- BORUSSIA MG
      and LIVERPOOL FC
      -  A VERY SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP,

BORUSSIA MG and LIVERPOOL FC -
      EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT.

Quick Reply