Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Ebbsfleet/MyFootballClub

Read 6488 times
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Re: My Football Club.com
      Reply #23: Nov 16, 2007 12:34:38 pm
      Or even give him a vote of confidence?
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #24: Nov 16, 2007 12:41:00 pm
      As we will be 51% of the club certain decisions will be effected by the MFG.com but that is a few months away hopefully around the time of the January transfers. The legal paperwork has still to be completed.

I believe MFG.com will have a representative on the board at Ebbsfleet Utd :P
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #25: Nov 16, 2007 03:46:32 pm
      Ah I hope this hasn't stepped on your toes drawde too much. What do you make of all this? Am keen to know what a rival team support feels... ;)

I feel It's a great idea, fans taking the club from the corporations. It's a really good idea, and I have bags of respect for the people that take part. A bit more spotlight on the clubs in the Conference is always nice. Good luck to Ebbsfleet.

As long as it's not at our expense.

We'll beat you :)
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #26: Nov 17, 2007 05:23:11 pm
      First game since announcement turns out to be a 0-0 draw...looks like EU had the better of the game ::)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #27: Nov 17, 2007 06:24:00 pm
      First game since announcement turns out to be a 0-0 draw...looks like EU had the better of the game ::)

Well at least they didn't get beat DM ;D
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #28: Nov 17, 2007 08:13:46 pm
      Aww, we really need to get winning.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #29: Nov 20, 2007 01:10:07 pm
      I intend to go to the home games that I can as it's a short journey on the M25 for me but this weekends game I can't make as I'm off to Somerset to visit family.

It does seem to be grabbing peoples imagination which I think football should be all about...getting fans of football involved ;)

MyFootballClub big day out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gravesend_and_northfleet/7100608.stm

MyFootballClub creator Will Brooks

It was like a blind date.

TheFerret, Loosegooner, England1966 and around 75 others, each exchanging awkward but knowing glances, in a pub close to Oxford United's Kassam Stadium ground.

From Newcastle, Liverpool, Birmingham and Cirencester they had come, eager to get a glimpse of Ebbsfleet United, the team they had invested their £35 in, in action against Blue Square Premier league rivals Oxford.

After a little Dutch courage, this fraction of a community of more than 23,000 football fans worldwide began to mingle.

For several months, these MyFootballClub members had spent hours each day pondering whether a club owned and managed by thousands could really prosper.

The same conversation was repeated across the pub, that of re-kindling love for the game and a unique opportunity to get close and personal with a football club.

During this week after the website's proposed takeover of Ebbsfleet was announced, the world's media have also had their say.

In the main it has been positive, hopeful that it could work.

Even Ian Holloway, in his column on these pages, calling it an "absolute load of old poppycock" somehow felt like an endorsement.

At the ground, we sat with the Ebbsfleet supporters, with the club's directors dotted around.

Four long-lens cameras were trained, not on the action on the pitch, but at this unlikely rendezvous in the stand.

Reporters from all the major national newspapers were out in force as well.

Voyeurs perhaps, but they were not alone as a crowd of 4,655 people had turned up.

Presumably some MyFootballClub members felt it a bit too forward at this stage to sit with the Ebbsfleet fans.

It was quite a relief when the football started.

Reports from the club's training ground and treatment room during the week was of Ebbsfleet's players with a spring in their step.

It showed during the game, though the 0-0 scoreline betrayed what was an entertaining match and one which most agreed Ebbsfleet deserved to win.

By all accounts, Ebbsfleet manager Liam Daish was in jovial form during the post-match media conference.

He told the assembled hacks his wife has become a MyFootballClub member, and that she's looking forward to giving him advice online.

If anyone can make this planned union between fans, players and coaching staff work, it is Liam Daish. He is both bright and brave.

The feeling of goodwill appears to be spreading. A Texan has phoned up and sponsored a player for £500.

This week, film crews from Russia, China, Sweden, Holland and the United States plan to visit the training ground.

At this stage, everyone must remember it is a deal in principle.

But should everything go to plan, myself, 23,000 new owners and the club's staff will be doing our utmost to ensure there are no broken hearts.

For our second date, we are invited back next Saturday to Ebbsfleet's place at Stonebridge Road.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #30: Nov 26, 2007 09:31:04 am
      First home win in a few weeks...

Ebbsfleet 2-1 Stafford

Ebbsfleet survived the first-half dismissal of Chukki Eribenne to record an impressive win over Stafford.

United looked in real trouble when Eribenne was shown the red card for violent conduct in the 37th minute.

And then Neil Grayson put Stafford ahead five minutes after the restart with a low right-footed strike.

But 10-man Ebbsfleet equalised in the 58th minute through a superb George Purcell shot and on 86 minutes Stacy Long's smart finish proved the winner.

Ebbsfleet United: Cronin, Hawkins, Smith, McCarthy, Opinel, McPhee, Bostwick, Long, Purcell (Barrett 84), Eribenne, Moore.
      Subs Not Used: French, Liam Coleman, Akinde, Starkey.

Sent Off: Eribenne (37).

Booked: McCarthy.

Goals: Purcell 58, Long 76.

Stafford Rangers: Loach, Sutton, Daniel, Sangare, Murray (Grayson 45), Potter, Humphrey, Flynn, Street (Draper 80), McNiven, Smith (Phil Robinson 79).
      Subs Not Used: Alcock, Ingram.

Booked: Sutton.

Goals: Grayson 50.

Att: 1,055.

Ref: S Beck (Essex).
      Story from BBC SPORT:
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/7099660.stm
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #31: Nov 26, 2007 09:45:03 am
      Sugar I thought Stafford had a point then as well, I see Robinson is still player/manager there then no wonder we are in a relegation position.  :'( 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Ebbsfleet/MyFootballClub
      Reply #32: May 12, 2008 08:15:46 pm
      Any updates DM?  I hear that the fans no longer 'pick the team' is that correct?

Apparently there were 25,000 of these members at Wembley for the FA Trophy win. Superb.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #33: May 12, 2008 10:13:15 pm
      It was an excellent game as well  ;)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34: May 22, 2008 06:50:03 am
      hey, nice to find another MyFC member here! i paid the 35 pounds and became a member on march 2008 :)

FA Trophy Final was nice, i was really pleased to see the Fleet winning it!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35: May 24, 2008 04:44:25 am
      I just discovered there's a Brazilian project with the same idea of (and inspired by) My Football Club. they are still in process of getting members for the idea and will then try to buy a club. I hope it works! Would be amazing to own 2 clubs :D one in England, one in Brazil! And I would be able to travel and watch my own club here, which would be nice. Watching Ebbsfleet is far more difficult, for obvious reasons :P
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #36: Aug 18, 2008 08:00:30 pm
      What's happening with this DM?

Quick Reply