Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Touters -- Keep Them Out Of Business -- Pact

Read 1616 times
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Touters -- Keep Them Out Of Business -- Pact
      Aug 22, 2008 12:12:50 pm
      To all True Liverpool FC supporters

I know we have talked about this briefly in the past and I think it's a good idea if we get a thread going to discuss this in real detail.

I am absolutely disgusted, appaled and annoyed with Touters, they are greedy, fake people who constantly charge fans who genuinely want to go to a game disgusting prices. Dont get me wrong I dont sympathise with these people that buy the tickets, because they encourage the touters and keep them in business, they also put money into a greedy persons pocket and not the clubs, but I guess thats the measures that genuine fans have to resort to now days.

A scouse mate said to me the other day that he saw a man pull out around 25 fancards in the quee outside anfield, pure greed and we all know whats going to happen to them tickets dont we?

I think we really need to do something about these touters, then we wouldnt have this constant ticket famine and struggle to get them. Obviously you cant stop all touters, that would be near impossible but we can reduce the amount of them. They are making money off of our clubs back and making it impossible to get tickets for TRUE fans.

My suggestion is that every true Liverpool fan on this forum signs this thread to keep to a pact to never buy a ticket from a touter. By signing this pact you will be promising not to put money into these touters pockets.

I may be rambling on too much and I may be fighting a lost cause and being pathetic about it, but these people really anger me and together we can reduce them, I really believe this.

Maybe we can name and shame them in some way, but I guess that would be breaching their confidentially and it would be illegal in some way.

SIGNED
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2821 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Touters -- Keep Them Out Of Business -- Pact
      Reply #1: Aug 22, 2008 02:07:03 pm
      I posted on here berore about my uncle telling me what they do up at Celtic.. If the fans see touts trying to sell tickets to fans desperate to get one they basically go over and kick the sh*te out of the tout take his tickets and give them out to people who need them for free. To be honest Ive never heard a better way of dealing with the thieving bas**rds
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #2: Aug 22, 2008 05:34:55 pm
      Could not agree more Brian a gang of us done that years ago ay a U2 concert we took the lot just because he was greedy on a serious note though as desperate as i sometimes am to see the reds i would never buy of a tout and i thought the club brought these fan cards in to stop this loop hole all touts are a disgrace .but thats life .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #3: Aug 22, 2008 05:46:17 pm
      Supply and demand.  Hopefully should be less of an issue when the stadium gets built.  At the end of the day, if people are that desperate to watch Liverpool, and for some it could be a once in a lifetime opportunity, then they will pay whatever the price is.

I don't agree with fellas going down with 25 fancards.  That's just not on, and I can't believe they get away with it.

Maybe if the tickets were marked with your fancard number and you had to show your fancard when you got to the gate?
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #4: Aug 22, 2008 08:21:31 pm
      Do you think we will have more tickets for the fans then JD , i think the yanks will sell them to company's , to maximize there profit. Hope I'm wrong though?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #5: Aug 23, 2008 01:00:25 pm
      JD when you get tickets with youre fan card they got youre name printed on them i could let you in on some facts but it would seriously jeopardise my ticket situation, but i think the whole ticket thing is a fiasco.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #6: Aug 29, 2008 05:46:31 pm
      Just a question, were are some of the touts getting tickets from?

Plus its not just touts fault it is also the fans fault. When you got Irish lads walking round the ground offering £200 for a normal home game of course some scouse lads are gonna go here you go and lash the £200 in there back pocket and head to the pub.

How do you think some fans fund their european trips!
      I'll be honest I have bought tickets off touts, but I never paid over £50 for a ticket, in fact sometimes in the 90s you'd leave it 5 mins into the game then offer the tout a five or tenner for a ticket.

Andy you are right mate the whole ticket scenario at times is a fiasco. But then the club have fu**ed over real fans with the way they sell tickets for far too long.

Brian78 you are right to a point - it happened in athens - but only to touts with foreign accents, put it this way some of the scouse touts - can you see them getting rolled? I doubt it.

Oh and has anyone ever been in the cafe just round the corner from the Albert?

Quick Reply