Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scottish want their own Olympic team

Read 10025 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Scottish want their own Olympic team
      Reply #23: Sep 07, 2008 04:25:40 pm
      Ken Dod did just that a lot of years ago, he went on radio and telly saying Liverpool had just got there independence from the UK.
      He said the East Lancs was closed, and so where the tunnels, and armed diddey men where holding the borders.

The phone lines to the radio and police and TV where jammed.

Mind you it was the 1st April.
      But so many people believed him.

That's the best thing I've heard all day!  :lmao: Exactly when was this Graham?
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #24: Sep 08, 2008 06:56:01 am
      I'm showing my age up now, but I think it was somewhere around 1980,s.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #25: Sep 08, 2008 08:34:50 am
      I don't get this team GB anyway.  Surely it should have been team UK?  The Ulster contingent must have been well p*ssed off.

As a Scouser - a mixture of English, Irish, Welsh and Scottish (not to mention a bit of Norwegian) team UK is fine for me.

If they all went their separate ways I could support all the teams anyway.

As for 2012 let's get something straight.  As they consistently say in the media - IT IS THE LONDON OLYMPICS.

It is currently draining and will continue to drain resources from the rest of the country to the capital, as if they don't get enough already.

So as far as I'm concerned it's nowt to do with me.  I shall just ignore it.  After all it's the LONDON Olympics and I don't come from London.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #26: Sep 09, 2008 01:31:46 pm
      Ken Dod did just that a lot of years ago, he went on radio and telly saying Liverpool had just got there independence from the UK.
      He said the East Lancs was closed, and so where the tunnels, and armed diddey men where holding the borders.

The phone lines to the radio and police and TV where jammed.

Mind you it was the 1st April.

But so many people believed him.

Brilliant... i do remember something......    we dont need em all....ha ha
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2008 01:35:13 pm by ayrton77 »
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #27: Sep 09, 2008 05:44:51 pm
      I don't get this team GB anyway.  Surely it should have been team UK?  The Ulster contingent must have been well p*ssed off.

As a Scouser - a mixture of English, Irish, Welsh and Scottish (not to mention a bit of Norwegian) team UK is fine for me.

If they all went their separate ways I could support all the teams anyway.

As for 2012 let's get something straight.  As they consistently say in the media - IT IS THE LONDON OLYMPICS.

It is currently draining and will continue to drain resources from the rest of the country to the capital, as if they don't get enough already.

So as far as I'm concerned it's nowt to do with me.  I shall just ignore it.  After all it's the LONDON Olympics and I don't come from London.

Sorry Oldred, I will have to disagree with you on this one, yes the Olympics are in London, but it would be no diffrent if they where in the midlands our Scotland.
      I'm just made up the UK has the Olympics, Its the people who have put a lot of hard work in, the runners, swimmers so on so on, to get up to Olympic standard, there the ones who get my support.

I love sport, and I have never been to a Olympic games, so god willing I will be at this one in 2012.
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #28: Nov 27, 2008 11:24:52 am
      yes lets scrap team GB aslong as therey train the own  Olympic teams Chris Hoy may be scottish but he trained in england

Quick Reply