Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Youth Reputation

Read 4475 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Youth Reputation
      Aug 25, 2008 12:03:26 am
      Growing up as a kid in the early 90s was as easy as anything else in the world or that is at least what some would believe. It wasn't a walk in the park because we may have been born in the 90s but we're still growing up to this day. We're still coming to terms with the realities of life. We're still trying to realise what path is best for us. We're still confused about certain things and will need help along the way but fortunately as we reach our late teens we can help the next generation. Try and ensure they don't make the mistakes we did. We can also be ready for the unborn millions across the world and inform them of what to stay clear of and which opportunites need to be grapsed with both hands

Those who became teenagers in the 2000s were greeted with real hardship. The temptations were there for every one us to go off the rails with the all day drinking, the legalisation of certain drugs and the crime rates increasing. There were enough chances for us to give up on life and take one of these paths. But fortunately not all of us did. Some have tried to make the world a safer, cleaner place for the future generations. Others have stuck it out in school so they have an education to help make the world a better place. Others are smart enough already to realise how dangerous drugs, booze and crime can be.

The youth of today has a massive reputation for being intimidating and abusive, both physically and verbally. We all have this reputation because of a certain few kids and courtsey of a few narrow minded bigots who think all kids are scum. That's not the case though and there's plenty of positives to be taken out of today's youth. Something we hear very little about. The media are only interested in exploiting the worst cases to strenghten their hatred towards the young. They don't victimse a particular type of youngster, it's just the young in general. Whatever a youngster does badly, we hear about it non-stop until it becomes a national issue and every youngster is labelled like that. A girl gets pregnant before the age of twenty and all of a sudden it's a massive issue, obviously there's a certain age where pregnancy is acceptable. Despite it always being the same result. A woman carrying round another human life. Also I've personally found that in my experience young girls are much better mothers because they feel they've got to prove a point to the rest of the world down to this over hysterical media.

The way kids dress today is another of the media's favourite talking points. A group of kids could be sitting around, acting politely and causing nobody any harm but we'll still be looked at as trouble causers because we're wearing a hood or cap. It doesn't make any difference if it's chucking it down with rain either, we are fundamentally not allowed to wear hoodies because it might intimidate someone. It doesn't seem to be an issue however when a 40 year old man is wearing a hoody, that's OK. He's obviously not intimidating, but kids are. Again I can only speak from personal experience but it's the older folks wearing the hoodies who cause trouble but because hoodies are a supposed youthful fashion statement, it's the youth who take the blame time and time again.

The young lads and girls leaving school with all the right grades and exam results are also put down by the media. Every year we hear "exams are getting easier" well that doesn't matter because you've still got to put the effort in to pass them. So instead of constantly looking for any excuse to have a pop at the young how about you give them some credit for passing their exams. We don't start lowering the tone of their achivements. So they in turn shouldn't do it to ours.

They call it respect but what they fail to see is respect works both ways. If they wish to earn our respect then they have to respect to us and in turn we respect them if we wish to earn our respect. But respect isn't something you get instantly, it takes hard work to earn somebody's respect. Putting somebody down just for the sake of it is completely the wrong way of going about things. I know that because I've been on both sides.

So in conclusion certain youths/teenagers do deserve the reputation the media has labelled them as because they do cause trouble for no reason but that is only some. We're not all little tearaways who look for the smallest excuse to cause havoc. Some of us have been brought up better than that and respect ourselves as well as others and the envirnoment we live in. We are unjustly labelled as scum because of those select few. I'm hugely disappointed to see such fascists still existing in the modern world.

Billy Green.
      MsGerrard
      Re: Youth Reputation
      Reply #1: Aug 25, 2008 01:04:22 am
      I was expecting this topic to be all about our youth team  :-[

Well said DLS.......you shouldn't tarnish everyone with the same brush.

I work with a lot of young people and have teenagers myself, and I find the majority of them to be perfectly acceptable, unfortunately there's always one who has to spoil it for everyone else, and it's that one person who causes the trouble that gets young ones a bad name.

Shame but that's the way it is.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Aug 25, 2008 01:40:56 am
      I was expecting this topic to be all about our youth team  :-[

Your not the only one :D
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #3: Aug 25, 2008 07:20:23 pm
      I thought so too MsG and 7-K K-7!

But it's very true DLS.
      And like in school for the majority of us who were always well behaved etc. we didn't get any reward but the ones who are naughty and are alright for an afternoon or a day or two got praised and treats. It was stupid :-\
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #4: Aug 25, 2008 09:56:33 pm
      I thought so too MsG and 7-K K-7!

But it's very true DLS.
      And like in school for the majority of us who were always well behaved etc. we didn't get any reward but the ones who are naughty and are alright for an afternoon or a day or two got praised and treats. It was stupid :-\

At my school, they get to go to like MnD's (amusement park), wall climbing and mountain biking and stuff while we sit in school.  :-\
      Also, getting on the bus for Livi away games, the amount of dodgy looks I get off the older fans is unbeleivable. Its like am on trial or something.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5: Aug 25, 2008 11:20:22 pm
      Just keep smiling, it makes people think your not upto no good ::)
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #6: Aug 26, 2008 10:12:59 am
      But it's very true DLS.

It was exactly the same in my high school! The troublesome lot got to go on trips nearly every week to try and build up their co-operation skills and learn to get along with each other! Whereas the good ones, who worked hard to get a good education, just stayed at school and didn't even get one word of praise.

But nicely said DLS, agree with you about everything because i know what it feels like. It's mostly the media though that gives the youth a bad name because if one kid does something bad, you never hear the end of it, and is constantly reported on the news and on newspapers. You never really hear about teens doing well at school or something like that.

Anything good that happens involving teens, is somehow turned into a bad thing, like by saying how exams are getting easier. The media don't seem to realise maybe students are working harder and want to a good life later on in life, so they study more to get good grades.

LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #7: Aug 26, 2008 05:55:01 pm
      ^ All very true Bpatel
      DOOLEY
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts | -5 
      Reply #8: Sep 14, 2008 05:09:59 pm
      its sad when you walk down the street with a couple of mates and immediatly everyone is giving you shifty looks even though were good lads
      ah well
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #9: Sep 15, 2008 03:10:24 am
      Kids today are cu*ts

Make them all do National Service.

Now wheres my copy of the Dail Mail! :)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #10: Sep 15, 2008 10:30:52 am
      Kids today are cun*ts
      Make them all do National Service.

If you think that then your as big an idiot as the kids! I wouldn't want any yobs getting their hands on some of the most expensive equipment you'll ever see. Well respected people are usually the ones who chose to go into the military, so they can be trusted and relied on. I wouldn't want to rely on some yob if I was out in Afghanistan under heavy fire.

National service is not a prison, it's a career and a good respectable one at that. Yobs should be doing community service, not national service.. thanks
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #11: Sep 15, 2008 10:45:33 am
      ive worked in a secondary school in kirkby, the kids where in the majority great

but i live near norris green and there are gangs,
      while i do remember hanging around the streets of huyton with 4 or 5 ladsas a kid, i never carried a knife, i never hit nobody, i never travelled with about 10 others, and so became threatening..

there is something wrong with what is happening, not enough police on the streets, we could do with more surveylance cameras (for what good they do), we could do with laser beams on them so we could quickly zap the vandals and scum, leaving a nice burn mark no disintegrating them...maybe after 3 strikes ha ha

seriously though there is something going rotten in society that needs seeing to urgently, i dont blame the kids its my generation, the parents who arnt setting a precident, and creating a dont care about anything but me underclass

the youth of today are getting a backlash from this
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #12: Sep 15, 2008 11:36:39 am
      I do agree with the fact that people see kids these days in the wrong light. But a lot of the kids knocking around by ours are actually little gobshites. I've lost count how many times the mirrors off cars have been booted off in our street. I'm 20, pushing 21, and there's lads I know from my year in school who still ride around on mountain bikes selling weed. :-\

By rights, I should be in the same boat, yet I've never felt let down by society. I never excelled in school, yet I never failed either. This isn't to say I'm from a well to do family, because I'm not. I've lived on County Road my whole life. I've worked since I was 14, non-stop and payed me Mam keep since I was 16. We haven't had a pot to piss in since I was a kid yet I've never felt the need to walk around in gangs or pot windows, because I know too many people who feel this is what they have to do to get along in life. And it is a shame.

Fingers crossed this is just a phase in the youth of today because it would be sad to see our city, which is thriving with development at the moment, ruined by people who think it's their right to destroy what they think is theirs because they feel everyone else let them down.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #13: Sep 15, 2008 02:16:56 pm
      Ra ra rafa - again some one else collared - Does anyone understand scouse f***in humour!

Thats why there was the comment about the Daily Mail.

Oh and there is no such thing as National Service in this country, you'll be talking about the Armed Services - they get paid to kill people!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #14: Sep 15, 2008 02:22:22 pm
      Oh and the yobs mistreating prisoners - sorry soldiers, they're also giving our army a bad name.

Kids are already getting their hands on nasty weapons - just because they can't get stinger missilies, the fuckers can get their hands on guns easy enough and that is why you got 15 years shooting at each other or if you're fromm the south - stabbing each other.

I stand by my commmet - majority of kids today are cu*ts

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #15: Sep 15, 2008 03:05:53 pm
      Ra ra rafa - again some one else collared - Does anyone understand scouse f***in humour!

Thats why there was the comment about the Daily Mail.

Oh and there is no such thing as National Service in this country, you'll be talking about the Armed Services - they get paid to kill people!

Well unfortunaltey for you I'm not a scouser so no I don't understand scouse humor. Half of the Liverpool supporters are worldwide, probably even more of them are worldwide! Yes I'm from the south and people are stabbing each other... and your right that the majority of kids these days are cu*ts and you know what I blame? I blame the western culture because even other countries have bad youths and it does make you wonder why...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #16: Sep 15, 2008 03:54:00 pm
      Because parental powers are being taken away from them by the PC beauts.

An open-handed slap across the head or legs was what I got as kid if I stepped out of line. Kids now don't know discipline, they're basic f***in saying is "you can't touch me." This has now allowed them to think they can get away with anything.

Oh and it's not just western culture though is it! Other cultures for instance teach their kids how to become suicide bombers.

It's down to Parents plain and simple!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Sep 15, 2008 05:21:55 pm
      Now wheres my copy of the Dail Mail! :)

:D

It's a big shame that practically all the youth of today get judged because of a minority of dick heads who go around with absolutely no respect for anyone.

There should be discipline from a very early age and that's the responsibility of parents and let's face it, it was down to teachers years ago too. But as Huyton Red says, the pc brigade haven't helped and neither did the parents and teachers who abused their authority or responsibilities to the kids.

I also think these days the media don't help either. Where as they're willing to promote the bad element all too often, I think they could also promote the good element as well and champion the young people who actually make a difference to communities or individuals, in a good way. There is actually people who like to read good news afterall.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #18: Sep 15, 2008 05:28:37 pm
      :D

It's a big shame that practically all the youth of today get judged because of a minority of dick heads who go around with absolutely no respect for anyone.

There should be discipline from a very early age and that's the responsibility of parents and let's face it, it was down to teachers years ago too. But as Huyton Red says, the pc brigade haven't helped and neither did the parents and teachers who abused their authority or responsibilities to the kids.

I also think these days the media don't help either. Where as they're willing to promote the bad element all too often, I think they could also promote the good element as well and champion the young people who actually make a difference to communities or individuals, in a good way. There is actually people who like to read good news afterall.

I have to agree with you, especially about the media. They are to blame for most things and it is the same in this case! They never seem to report the good things that the youth do, its always the bad things!! And its only a minority of youth that go around stabbing/murdering etc. other people!! They always choose to potray the bad side of everything, never the good side, except on extremely rare occasions. I mainly blame the media for giving the youths this stereotype and reputation.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: Sep 15, 2008 05:35:11 pm
      I have to agree with you, especially about the media. They are to blame for most things and it is the same in this case! They never seem to report the good things that the youth do, its always the bad things!! And its only a minority of youth that go around stabbing/murdering etc. other people!! They always choose to potray the bad side of everything, never the good side, except on extremely rare occasions. I mainly blame the media for giving the youths this stereotype and reputation.

I tell you what Bpatel. When I see on the street or hear of the scumbags that give young people a bad name, it's knowing that there's a lot of genuine decent young people like yourself that gives me hope. I hope that doesn't sound patronising, because I really mean that.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #20: Sep 15, 2008 05:38:29 pm
      I tell you what Bpatel. When I see on the street or hear of the scumbags that give young people a bad name, it's knowing that there's a lot of genuine decent young people like yourself that gives me hope. I really mean that!

Thank You, that's very kind of you!! If only there were more people like you that realise that not every kid is a thug that goes around stealing/stabbing/murdering/terrorising other people!!

I really do not like to associate myself with thugs that go around doing things like that!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #21: Sep 15, 2008 11:14:47 pm
      Bpatel - No one does, but don't worry every generation of youngsters or teens get told their scum, comes with the terrority of growing up!

Quick Reply