Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Benitez hails 'amazing' Kuyt

Read 5295 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Re: Benitez hails 'amazing' Kuyt
      Reply #46: Aug 29, 2008 12:44:01 pm
      You ain't no Liverpool fan if your slagging off a player that gives the club 100000% everytime he plays.

So because the fella runs his bollocks off every game, we can't complain? There's more to football than just running. Nobody (in their right mind) criticises Kuyt's work-rate, but his overall game isn't good enough. He's got a poor touch, not a prolific goalscorer and doesn't create too many chances. I am a Liverpool fan and a loyal one at that, but I can very easily slag Dirk Kuyt off for what he does. I'll praise his work-rate till the cows come home but just working hard isn't enough to merit a place in the team. If it was we'd sign Robbie Savage for 10 million quid.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #47: Aug 29, 2008 12:55:58 pm
      Ok mate like who can we have thats better he has a pretty descent goal return for us and we are not F***ing Chelsea where we can just dig out millions for Robinhos.

Are you suggesting only Chelsea could find someone more effective than Kuyt?
      I'm a big fan of Kuyt and think he should play 50% of our games but for the other 50% an out and out winger with pace and skill to stay out a little more please!!!
      kennys88lads
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | -4 
      Reply #48: Aug 29, 2008 09:02:22 pm
      The sheer respect I have for Kuyt is amazing, he's not cocky or arrogant, just puts his head down, takes critisim and tries to work on that for the next match and always comes up with important goals when we need them.

Here's to another 100 games and many more after
      If Kuyt is going to play another 100 games then we will not be winning the league any time soon. Cant put in to words how much I admire him for his work rate and effort for the team but his other attributes are not enough at the top level. Rafa admit he is a mistake and make him a squad rotation player, nothing more.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #49: Aug 30, 2008 01:06:31 am
      all very valid points by everybody...

but kuyts workrate.....in an ideal world......should set an example to other players who go missing, or reduce their effort rate during those unglamourous matches.......if they would follow kuyts example we WOULD win a lot more matches..   after all teamwork and effort by the players if by far the most important attribute which makes a team gell....ie garragher who has a similar workrate inspires his fellow defenders to follow his example

kuyt is a godsend to us, and should be a supersub, to inspire victories when players go missing, (which is seeming to be the way of liverpool this season)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #50: Aug 30, 2008 01:28:18 am
      As I said in the match treath Kuyt was our best offensive player yestarday (except - Nabil el Zhar).
      Even in the first half when Dirk played on the right he played a lot better than Torres,Keane,Gerrard and Benayoun.
      Babel was also very poor, but he gave a nice pass to Dirk.

Best offensive player?? What game were you watching?

The only thing Kuyt could have been praised for on Wednesday night was scoring the winner. Credit where credit is due.

I don't know where this 'amazing' thing comes from because Kuyt - like a lot of other players that night were less than average.

Not good enough for LFC. It needs to be addressed against Villa on Sunday.

To discuss the abilities or lack of, where Kuyt is concerned:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,820.0.html
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Reply #51: Sep 01, 2008 07:14:11 am
      Let's sum this up:

We bought this player because he was prolific in the Dutch League.

Liverpool bought Kuyt toi play as a forward and score us 20+ goals in the Prem League.

The guy has been given his chance as a forward and he's not a natural finisher - he's head down, drive through the ball and hopefully it hits the back of the net - watch the majority of his goals and you'll see that.

So he's failed as a forward for us.  Now Rafa plays him on the right side.  He's not a winger.  He has no pace, no telling cross...and he's always running head down, so cannot deliver a telling pass to unlock the defence.

All he does for our team is 'run'.  He scores the 'odd' goal and sometimes the 'odd' goal is an important one.  But wouldn't you rather swap the odd goal for a player who can deliver 10-15 assists in a season and score 5-10 goals easily.

The longer Rafa plays this man - the more I feel he hasn't got a clue.

Dirk Kuyt - nice guy - but 'sh*te' !

Are you referring to Pennant when you state, 'Would you rather swap the odd goal for a player who can deliver 10-15 assists in a season and score 5-10 goals?' ... If so i think you're wide of the mark.  Pennant would have us believe that he's capable of plenty more assists than that, but the bottom line is that he flatters to deceive, and is simply not good enough.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt myself but the kid is not good enough for Liverpool Football Club, and as for 5 to 10 goals!!!  He doesn't really offer a goal threat whereas Kuyt has scored something like 9 goals in 15 or 16 Champions League games which can hardly be labelled under the bracket of scoring the 'odd goal.' 
      Yes, the Premiership is where it matters most to the majority of Liverpool supporters (including myself), and yes Kuyt was bought as a striker, but so have a good few other players over the years only to be moved to other positions... I'm not stating that Kuyt should have a future at the club in the right midfield position, but he should play ahead of Pennant.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #52: Oct 19, 2008 02:29:30 am
      Can Kuyt have some 'amazing' time now please lads?  ;D

Quick Reply